Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Nationals

Go down 
+43
koala_lover
fgr8sktrfn
jkblues
maowataiyo
sapphiresky
kitty
pearlyriver
supportmaoasada
kaarolcia
kenkyo
BowbowDaijin
KariDebate
sadistyi
josling
agathrine
inskate
chiyori
Haidogirl
yukisnowflake
AmazingGraceMao
shikure
linglang
babayaga
Ken Himura
Lady_in_black
COHK
Mao2012
helen91
Dani-Chan
zarinaballerina
dangerous_angel_face
swan
Alokya
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
l-spiralmao
shar
roma
silenceisgolden
princessinpink
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Japan Nationals - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:24 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
linglang wrote:
Just watched Dai. Magnificent!!! Worship Worship Worship

one point deduction was because a feather dropped from his clothes.

They really tried to leave the door open for Yuzuru... Bawling

To blame is Morozov for the costume design geek
Dai picked up the blue feather and showed it at K&C with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:26 am

linglang wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
linglang wrote:
Just watched Dai. Magnificent!!! Worship Worship Worship

one point deduction was because a feather dropped from his clothes.

They really tried to leave the door open for Yuzuru... Bawling

To blame is Morozov for the costume design geek
Dai picked up the blue feather and showed it at K&C with a grin.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Please tell me he wore the some costume as he did in the GPF
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 am

I found those pictures while checking the mens results

hohoho Merry Christmas!!

Japan Nationals - Page 13 I0811310

Japan Nationals - Page 13 I0811311

Japan Nationals - Page 13 I0811312

still trying to find Yuzuru's one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:58 am

Just woke up... why must everything in Japan be held at 3am local time Snow

Some thoughts based on your reports

Dai!!!!!!!!! What an awesome and expressive FS! You truly are a rockstar Rockstar

Yuzu!!!!!!!! Dance for winning nationals and landing 3 quads Shocked

Mura!!!!!! Thumbs up! for winning TEB and finishing 3rd here

Sad Sad for Taka and Tono

Another Sad for Mao on the 1lo, but I agree with most of your here that she has to have a bad performance somewhere-better here than worlds or 4CC. I love you at the 3axels she's landed

Satoko!!!! Wub I hope she can skate a clean FS, her FS last year was one of the highlights, but the only thing they filmed was her bombing her SP. Sad

Kanako Bawling I love this SP and hope she moves up in FS

Akiko Smile for finally skating an SP with no major mistakes.

Haruka Bawling I guess no worlds or 4CC or anything for her.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2HwLDzb6LU

Mao SP

Very nice 2A

Wonderful 3F, lots of speed going into it, very good height, definitely fully rotated cheers
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 am

Been sick since yesterday and have a project to finish right before xmas so wasn't able to tune in during the competition.

Was disappointed to learn of Mao's 62+ score so I thought it was the axel. Turned out it was a popped loop. Good for her for knowing why she popped it and for being calm. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for the ladies. Based on results I've read here it looked a bit lackluster except for Satoko? Did Akiko land a 3-3 or 3-2?

For the men, soooo happy to know Dai fought back and delivered. If he was able to deliver all level 4s on the non-jump elements yesterday maybe he would have won today. But it's ok. Yuzuru did skate perfect yesterday and the gap is very big to overcome. Looks like Yuzuru's stamina is improving and it's a good thing. Congrats also to Mura for winning third.

However, my heart breaks for Taka!!!! Why?!? What happened? Sad Tono, too. And Machida? What's with him since GPF?

OTOH, Are protocols out yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:35 am

I read on goldenskate Dai's second quad was once again marked as URed. He was robbed of a gold medal today
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:37 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I read on goldenskate Dai's second quad was once again marked as URed. He was robbed of a gold medal today
What? Deduction for a costume, UR on clean quad, this is so wrong. I like Yuzuru but that's too much.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 am

polosatik wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
What? Deduction for a costume, UR on clean quad, this is so wrong. I like Yuzuru but that's too much.

I could have lived with the results since landing two quads and two 3Axels was Dai's goal but not only he was robbed of a gold medal, the technical callers made sure to damage his confidence for the future since 2 of his 3 quads were marked as URed. This time it was fully rotated, anyone can see it clearly on the replay
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 am

He got 192 in the FS.... I highly doubt his confidence has been shot. Costume calls are also the rules, those things just happen, not anyone's fault other than perhaps the super glue company who's product was obviously faulty. The quad calls I can live with because it's probably just a precaution they are taking to make sure he practices landing them "properly" for international events (ISU rule is 75% rotated, JSF is probably like 85%). When Dai jumps a lot of the time the landings aren't perfectly clean, and his lacks sometime lack a little height, but they have been improving rather quickly this season. The JSF would have no merits is trying to push Daisuke out of the picture, he's one of the best figure skaters of all time, so anything they do I would like to believe is for his benefit. I'm pretty sure it was them who pushed for Daisuke to go back to Morosov, and as much as I hated the idea, it's working. He got a score of 280 total which is like.. PChiddy territory, he can't possibly be leaving this competition without his head held high. I think his fans are making a bigger deal out of this than he is.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:30 am

Congratulations for the medalists!

Japan Nationals - Page 13 96958a10

But I feel really sorry for Taka... Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:37 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
helen91 wrote:
Wait, why no Nobu? Wouldn't he go instead of Mura?

Nobu is in forth place, Mura is in third. The live results were wrong, Nobu's score is 240 not 250, therefore Mura is third with 242

EDIT: I keep thinking without that stupid call on his 4T from the SP, which was unfair, Daisuke should be the champion. He worked so hard to improve technically and beat Patrick and now his own country is promoting the young star to Sochi. I don't want to take anything from Yuzuru, he had nerves of steel to skate so well after Daisuke but stil... Depressed Crying

But this might provide the finale kick in the butt he needs. I keep remembering the first year Patrick Chan, the yound, rising star, beat Jeff Buttle at Nationals. That was 2008 Wink

I'm so happy Dai fought back to win the FS! But I'm crushed for Taka :'(
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 am

chiyori wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
helen91 wrote:
Wait, why no Nobu? Wouldn't he go instead of Mura?

Nobu is in forth place, Mura is in third. The live results were wrong, Nobu's score is 240 not 250, therefore Mura is third with 242

EDIT: I keep thinking without that stupid call on his 4T from the SP, which was unfair, Daisuke should be the champion. He worked so hard to improve technically and beat Patrick and now his own country is promoting the young star to Sochi. I don't want to take anything from Yuzuru, he had nerves of steel to skate so well after Daisuke but stil... Japan Nationals - Page 13 566593

But this might provide the finale kick in the butt he needs. I keep remembering the first year Patrick Chan, the yound, rising star, beat Jeff Buttle at Nationals. That was 2008 Wink

I'm so happy Dai fought back to win the FS! But I'm crushed for Taka :'(

I remember that too! I was sitting in my friends basement rooting for Patrick and he did it! Seeing how far he is now, if Yuzu follows a similar path, dear lord no one will be able to catch him!

Taka Japan Nationals - Page 13 566593
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 am

It was so painful to watch Taka skating tonight....the commentator said he never saw him bomb this way. Shizuka said that his practice wasn't going well either. I don't know but maybe it was physical and mental. With Yuzu being the new star, Taka must feel a lot of pressure. If he doesn't go to 4cc or worlds, I want him to rest well and come back strong. He's definitely one of my favorite skater no matter how people underscore him.

Happy for Mura. I think he was in tears. His 3A is so high and he has a lot of stamina.

Dai was just Cloud 9 tonight. His SP cost him a lot but he was the best tonight. Morozov wasn't there it seems, maybe that's the reason he did well. Hell, no! Oh and I didn't know yo get deduction when you drop something on the ice. Didn't Mao drop a feather (or something else from the skirt part) of her Bell costume once ?

Yuzu's stamina is getting better. I was impressed. But I still don't like the way he moves his arms or his upper body. Maybe because he's very thin but his upper body doesn't seem refined. Congrats to Him !!!1

I thought Mao was quite slow and cautious tonight. To me, sh was slowing down before going for her 3-2 and even more when she was going for her 3loop.

Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:31 am

ddmm wrote:

I thought Mao was quite slow and cautious tonight. To me, sh was slowing down before going for her 3-2 and even more when she was going for her 3loop.

No, I don't think so. She was very fast tonight. The speed going into the 3-2 was much better than before. And the 2A was just fabulous! She made a mistake on the 3Loop, but I think she was in very good condition indeed.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ddmm wrote:

No, I don't think so. She was very fast tonight. The speed going into the 3-2 was much better than before. And the 2A was just fabulous! She made a mistake on the 3Loop, but I think she was in very good condition indeed.

I hope you're right ! I want Mao to enjoy tomorrow !! flower
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:42 am

ddmm wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ddmm wrote:

cheers flower can't wait to see her FS tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 am

ddmm wrote:
It was so painful to watch Taka skating tonight....the commentator said he never saw him bomb this way. Shizuka said that his practice wasn't going well either. I don't know but maybe it was physical and mental. With Yuzu being the new star, Taka must feel a lot of pressure. If he doesn't go to 4cc or worlds, I want him to rest well and come back strong. He's definitely one of my favorite skater no matter how people underscore him.

I have seen a Japanese article today (using google translator) which said, that Taka has a serious foot/leg injury. Sad

I think it's this one: http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/12/22/kiji/K20121222004833740.html

could someone who speaks Japanese please translate?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:01 am

ddmm wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I think her performance tonight was better than the GPF one. I never liked this SP program but Mao's interpretation tonight has won over me.
On a side note, I've never heard of Pasquale Camerlengo until he choreographed for Akiko. It is so beautiful and emotional that I think even Mao's Swan Lake would find it hard to beat. I really want Mao to work with him in the future. He hasnt't choreographed a lot (compared to Lori Nichol or David Wilson as far as I'm concerned) so maybe he'll have a lot of inspiration to offer and since he used to be an ice dancer, he can bring out the best in Mao's balletic style.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 am

kaarolcia wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I have seen a Japanese article today (using google translator) which said, that Taka has a serious foot/leg injury. Sad

I think it's this one: http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/12/22/kiji/K20121222004833740.html

Translation:

Taka who was 2nd last year , said 'my mind went blank'.
It was also said (not from Taka himself) he hurt his right foot one week before the competition. It was quite serious and he had a MRI test. But coach Sato pushed him to compete by telling him that even M. Yamashita competed in the Oly (in Judo) with a broken bone. Taka said that this experience will surely make him come back stronger.

I think Coach Sato told the same thing to Mao when she was complaining about her back pain.

Last edited by ddmm on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

I could have lived with the results since landing two quads and two 3Axels was Dai's goal but not only he was robbed of a gold medal, the technical callers made sure to damage his confidence for the future since 2 of his 3 quads were marked as URed. This time it was fully rotated, anyone can see it clearly on the replay

Haven't seen replays in slo-mo yet, but I would've given Dai the gold with no hesitation with or without URs. I like Yuzuru too of course, but I thought his FP was quite lousy enough for Dai to beat him easily even with that 9 point lead. I've never felt Yuzuru was overscored for his SPs, but when it comes to his FPs, I have to admit I've always felt he was always a bit overscored this season. When Yuzuru tries to skate his FP powerfully from the start like he does with his SP, he always runs out of stamina in the latter half and ends up messing up. So, since GPF Yuzuru started to play the game a bit more wisely and started skating the first half of his FP in a calmer manner, which seems to have led him into making mistakes in his quads, but enabling him to skate till the end of the pro without running out of stamina. Smart move, but I honestly liked his FP more when he used to skate as if his life depended on it, ran out of power but still kept skating somehow till the end. It moved me much more than how he skated tonight. Even some of the other guys who were no where close to reaching the podium gave much better performances IMO; they really gave it all they had from the start to the end, kept on going no matter how many mistakes they made, and most of them did not lose speed in the latter half. I think Dai should've won, but since he didn't, all I hope for is now that Yuzuru won't get the wrong idea that he can always go on winning in the way he did this time. I still feel that Dai is the best skater we have, not Yuzuru. Yuzuru can become a real champion once he overcomes his stamina issues and will be able to skate his FP with the same quality as his SP.

I felt sorry for Nobu and Takahiko, but they were totally not at their best tonight. I don't think Mura was either, but I think he was able to make 3rd place because he never showed his disappointments or fears while he was performing. He looked so strong and bold even with some mistakes, I was surprised when he told the interviewer backstage that he was nervous tonight like crazy after his skate. I don't like his pros this season much, I hate both his costumes this season, but he's got alot of guts and the music fit him well. And when he's really at his best, he can nail very good quality quads and 3As! He's been training in Colorado Springs so maybe that's paying off.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be sending Yuzuru and Dai off to Worlds, but I really can't imagine who JSF will give the last ticket to. I'm sure glad I'm not in the position to choose! Sad

As for Mao, I haven't seen the protocols yet, but she said in the interview after her skate that she's aware why she popped her loop, so she knows what she has to do in order to not let it happen again, so I'm not that worried. She didn't seem down during the interview too. I think she'll do okay tomorrow. Mao and Akiko are sure to be going to Worlds. In ladies too, the big question is who'll get the last ticket. Question

ETA:

Quote :
I have seen a Japanese article today (using google translator) which said, that Taka has a serious foot/leg injury.

It says Takahiko injured his right instep about a week ago during practice. It seems to have been quite serious and he had to take an MRI exam. Sato said to him that 'Even Yamashita (one of our greatest Judo wrestlers) entered Olys with a broken bone', and encouraged/pushed Takahiko into competing (at Nats) but he ended up making mistakes. Takahiko said 'I want to change this experience into power. I will make use of the Kozuka strength (running in my family) and start challenging once more'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

What is the order in ladies FS tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you ddmm and Pochi! Poor Taka Sad He is so underappreciated usually and now this! I guess we will not see him anymore this season Sad And I love his skating and his personality so much!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:24 am

polosatik wrote:
What is the order in ladies FS tomorrow?
Kanako first, then Akiko, Mao and Satako.
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2012-2013/fs_e/national/data0205.htm

Last edited by pearlyriver on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Nationals
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next