Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US Nationals

Go down 
+17
☆Genie
chapis
Haidogirl
polosatik
illani
MikiAndoFan#1
roma
clovera
Batsuchan
maowataiyo
coconut
mingming
chineseteacup
bellarina
MaoMaoRevolution
bibi
Star85
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I was surprised that no one had beat me making a thread for US nationals yet!

I'm so excited - especially to finally see which girls are going to make it! Oh, and to see Sasha compete again, finally!

Is anyone going?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Star85 wrote:
I was surprised that no one had beat me making a thread for US nationals yet!

I'm so excited - especially to finally see which girls are going to make it! Oh, and to see Sasha compete again, finally!

Is anyone going?
are you?? I see you're from Wash. state and that's where the Nationals are held right? but I'm not going...too far away haha
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 pm

I wish! Too Spokane is literally on the complete opposite side of the country Sweatdrop

Just got done watching Senior Pairs SP live. Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett are in the lead with Keauna & Rockne sadly in 7th Disappointed Their PCS kept them in the top 10 at least--so the FS will be a battle.

I am REALLY excited for Senior Men's LP in a few hours. So many great men skaters for the US this season...I'm looking forward to it Cheering
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm

I don't get Universal Sports at home, so I'll be watching starting tomorrow on NBC. Looking forward to watching and finding out who makes the Olympic team! *bites nails nervously*
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh, I'm so excited! I didn't realise US Nationals had started already!

I really hope Sasha wins a place on the Olympic team! Go Sasha! Cheering
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Only 2 spots for US ladies... Yep, Sadly I hope all of them will do their best!
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 am

Jeremy's SP was just brilliant!! I love it! flower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-mAA-3VSaw
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 am

chineseteacup wrote:

Me neither! When do the ladies comp start? Man, I wish they had Universal Sports here.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:24 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:

Me neither! When do the ladies comp start? Man, I wish they had Universal Sports here.

They don't start until next weekend. USFSA turned the Championships into a 10-day spectacular Laugh With men and pairs this weekend, ladies and ice dancing next weekend, and the novice and junior events throughout the week. The ladies Sp doesn't start until Thursday and their FS is on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks for the update, MaoMaoRevolution! That schedule looks ridiculous Sad
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:37 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
Thanks for the update, MaoMaoRevolution! That schedule looks ridiculous Sad

Yeah Whirly
I heard the organizers wanted the schedule to be reminiscent of the GP series with the events on the weekends (?).

As for the skating...
Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett just won the Pairs competition (well, it's not over until it's over...but there's pretty much no chance of catching them now) cheers , knocking McLaughlin & Brubaker off the podium pale
Mclaughlin's in tears ):

I don't know if M&B are going to make the Olympic team...but sadly I doubt it. I forget if USFSA looks at the whole season or just this competition.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

YAY for Jeremy Abbott!!! US Nationals 859414

I'm SOO happy he put out two clean, great performances! Good for him! Thumbs up!

(I was so sick and tired of all the NBC commentators tongue-bathing of Evan. US Nationals Icon_rolleyes Yeah, that's right, Jeremy, show them what a real US champion should look like! Someone who can do a quad!! Hell, no!)

It seems Mao and Jeremy's path to the Olympics starting last season are very similar--both won the 2008 Grand Prix Final, then won their Nationals, then did poorly at Worlds. This season they both didn't do too well in the Grand Prix circuit, but put it all together to cleanly win Nationals! Interesting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 am

Batsuchan wrote:
(I was so sick and tired of all the NBC commentators tongue-bathing of Evan. US Nationals Icon_rolleyes Yeah, that's right, Jeremy, show them what a real US champion should look like! Someone who can do a quad!! Hell, no!)
You beat me to it, Batsuchan. Razz
Congrats Jeremy! (and Johnny too, for sneaking into the Olympic team) Happy dance
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:04 am

That was an AMAZING skate from Jeremy!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 am

Here's Jeremy's LP (sorry, I couldn't find it with no commentary):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8zegmh9sc

I almost cried at the end of this...I am so happy that his potential was finally realized. Mushy Love In the press conference where they announced the Olympic team, Jeremy said that he even felt like he could improve parts of that even now.

What stood out for me was his face...during the whole LP and SP, he was so cool and calm, and exuded this quiet confidence.

If he somehow improves on this at Vancouver like he said, I think he will transcend the mortal world and stand up there with the skating gods Hell, no!

Worship Worship Worship
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am

Thank God Evan didn't win!

Lips sealed

But I'm super happy for Jeremy and Johnny!

Mushy Love Cheering
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 pm

That was a superb effort from Jeremy, and I'm so glad he won cheers (I was also getting sick of them talking about Evan so much...suppose this will shut them up? Wink). I hope Johnny manages to land both 3As at the Olympics...

What was with those things on Evan's shoulders? Laugh
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 pm

clovera wrote:
You beat me to it, Batsuchan. Razz

Great minds think alike, don't they? US Nationals Icon_razz

After I made that comment about Mao and Jeremy having walked a similar path, I couldn't help but wonder, what would it be like to see THEM skate together? They're both long and lean, so that could be interesting....hmmm.... Hell, no!

On a slightly unrelated note--I'm glad to see y'all were annoyed with the NBC commentary like me. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the Olympics on NBC, EXCEPT that I found out that Terry Gannon will be hosting a daily figure skating show!
http://vancouver2010.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/nbc-to-bulk-up-olympic-coverage/

I *LOVE* Terry Gannon! flower
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 pm

illani wrote:

Shoulder pads American football players use.

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Jeremy did do really great! He totally deserved the title. I agree, that they spent a lot more of their breath on Evan than they really needed to (and camera time), but I guess that's just cause he's the reigning world champion, and number one ranked skater in the world, and they have the highest expectations for him. He's my favorite male skater, so I'm kinda dissapoionted in how he skated, but I'm glad he didn't take it hard. I still have high hopes for him at the olympics.

Even though Jeremy had the best skate, I think Ryan Bradely by far had the most entertaining skate with his LP! I really hope he goes into skating professionaly, cause he's one of the most entertaining, fun skaters I've ever watched. I feel bad for him that he came up short, but sending Jeremy, Evan, and Johnny was a no brainer. Speaking of Johnny, I think he actually did better than Evan in the LP...

Denney and Barrett did really great! As far as the second place team goes, I'm not very familiar with them, and I don't even remember their names... lol! But I think they did good enough to earn that olympic spot, and I'm happy for them. I bad for Keanue and Rocky, but they really didn't do well at all Sad

Can't wait to see the ladies!!!! Gosh, of course they make us all wait the longest to watch them!

No, I did not go Sad. Even though it was only 5 hours away from me, there was still no way I could afford it. If I wanted to see the whole competition, that would be like, a minimum of over $500 just for tickets. Then of course, I prefer not to travel, and go to some big event like that all by myself. That would take a lot of the fun out of it. I don't know anyone else who even likes figure skating that much, so if I wanted someone to go with me, I would have to pay [/i]their[i] way too, just to get them to go with me. Plus, the competition is so spread out, I would get stuck over there for a whole week! I'm sure that was a big factor in a lot of people not being able to go this time. Kind of dumb scheduling if you ask me. Anyway, even I were to go over there all by myself, the tickets, gas money, and hotel would take every penny I have, and more Sad. Also, the holidays are over, which for me, means I'm unemployed again!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
illani wrote:

Shoulder pads American football players use.

ROTFLMAO

Hmmm.... lol!

Star85 wrote:

Denney and Barrett did really great! As far as the second place team goes, I'm not very familiar with them, and I don't even remember their names... lol! But I think they did good enough to earn that olympic spot, and I'm happy for them. I bad for Keanue and Rocky, but they really didn't do well at all Sad

I don't remember seeing Evora and Ladwig skate before either, but I must say I was impressed with them. They had a very nice quality about them, and great lifts!

It was heartbreaking about M&B, though, especially Keauna. I wish they wouldn't show backstage shots of skaters when they're so upset... Mad
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I agree with Star85 - Ryan Bradley definitely had the most entertaining skate of the night! US Nationals Icon_razz
I just watched the pairs! Congrats to Denney and Barrett! flower

That's so funny that they're using the exact same music as Evan Lysacek for their SP and LP! But I thought they did really great! Throw triple lutz's--that's no joke. Thumbs up!

And it really moved me to see Rena Inoue and John Baldwin--sure, perhaps they're a little old, but WOW, that throw triple axel! WOW!

So much emotion with the pairs! US Nationals 38554

Did anyone see the team that skated to 'Clair de Lune'? I enjoyed that, but it did really make me want to watch Mao's SP! Wink
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
I agree with Star85 - Ryan Bradley definitely had the most entertaining skate of the night! US Nationals Icon_razz
I just watched the pairs! Congrats to Denney and Barrett! flower

That's so funny that they're using the exact same music as Evan Lysacek for their SP and LP! But I thought they did really great! Throw triple lutz's--that's no joke. Thumbs up!

And it really moved me to see Rena Inoue and John Baldwin--sure, perhaps they're a little old, but WOW, that throw triple axel! WOW!

So much emotion with the pairs! US Nationals 38554

Did anyone see the team that skated to 'Clair de Lune'? I enjoyed that, but it did really make me want to watch Mao's SP! Wink

That IS funny that Denny and Barret use the same exact music as Evan in both the LP, and SP! I never even thought about that!

I really enjoyed Inoue and Baldwin too. It's probably going to be their last competition. So even though they didn't get to go to the olympics, and least they skated great, got a medal, and ended their career on a good note.

I was totally on the same page as you when I saw the Clair de Lune program! It really reminded me of Mao. I would really like to see them skate it again cleanly. It was really pretty.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Shibutanis skating tonight at 10:45 p.m. EST Happy dance
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Nationals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next