Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Nationals

Go down 
+43
koala_lover
fgr8sktrfn
jkblues
maowataiyo
sapphiresky
kitty
pearlyriver
supportmaoasada
kaarolcia
kenkyo
BowbowDaijin
KariDebate
sadistyi
josling
agathrine
inskate
chiyori
Haidogirl
yukisnowflake
AmazingGraceMao
shikure
linglang
babayaga
Ken Himura
Lady_in_black
COHK
Mao2012
helen91
Dani-Chan
zarinaballerina
dangerous_angel_face
swan
Alokya
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
l-spiralmao
shar
roma
silenceisgolden
princessinpink
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

Japan Nationals - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm so happy Mao won. She is so amazing i know she made mistakes and we can see she wasn't happy about it but she is starting to fly again when she jumps. And if she is starting to improve the level of her jumps is because she knows she can do it now and feels in good shape.
From today FS i was amazed by her artistry, her expression, oh God she is always good in this but today was so touching amazing really i was touched. This program is so beutifull and i'm so happy Mao is skating this music it's like a dream.

Congratulations Mao, that clean program will come soon. Arrow
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm

does anyone have the medal ceremony?
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 4:27 pm

cyclops Video - Presentation of Team Japan for Worlds 2013 (the bouquets are the best thing I ever saw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl6vf-B2O5M

Like a Star @ heaven Yukari Nakano interviews Mao after FS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGmLrtn9RU

Like a Star @ heaven Long video about Mao's season on japanese show (oh nato Mad Mad Mad )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bFnTvx3KDM
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks so much for the links dani-chan, the more i watch Mao's swan lake the more I am loving it. it's just becomes more and more beautiful the more i see it, the way Mao executet every elements of her, her jumps looked gourges, love her air positioning, and the way she just drills in the air, the way she suddenly does her jumps with practically no preparations it's really fascinating to observe. the steps where breathtaking beautiful as always, sometimes when I watch Mao skate i can't help but wonder how it's possible a real person can skate with so much graze, smooth, lightnes it's just so unreal...

Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm

I still miss her 3L-2L-2L where it used to be in the program, perfectly timed with the nuiances of the music, but it is still beautiful!
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 am

swan wrote:
i may be the only one who thinks this, but i think akiko was terribly underscored in the free skate Bawling . i just love her free skate program but the judges don't seem to like it too much for whatever reason.

She was rather tight yesterday. Besides the singled Flip and the fall on another Flip, she got UR calls on her Lutz and 2a-3t, that is why her technical score was low.

I agree she was low-balled by PCS again and she should be on the podium.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
swan wrote:
i may be the only one who thinks this, but i think akiko was terribly underscored in the free skate Bawling . i just love her free skate program but the judges don't seem to like it too much for whatever reason.

She was rather tight yesterday. Besides the singled Flip and the fall on another Flip, she got UR calls on her Lutz and 2a-3t, that is why her technical score was low.

I agree she was low-balled by PCS again and she should be on the podium.

They were harsh with Akiko but very lenient with Satoko's jumps. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 am

swan wrote:
I don't think she was underscored: her score was correct, the thing I don't like is that the judges have been fairly harsh with Akiko, but extremely generous with Satoko: her 3-3 was clearly UR, and she received even some +2! And, yes, Satoko received positive GOEs for most of her jumps, when Akiko received low GOEs when her jumps were a lot better than Satoko's, talking about technique, height, flow... Mad
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 am

Mao2012 wrote:
swan wrote:
I don't think she was underscored: her score was correct, the thing I don't like is that the judges have been fairly harsh with Akiko, but extremely generous with Satoko: her 3-3 was clearly UR, and she received even some +2! And, yes, Satoko received positive GOEs for most of her jumps, when Akiko received low GOEs when her jumps were a lot better than Satoko's, talking about technique, height, flow... Mad

Yes, it is ridiculous, sometimes these things just happen... Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 6:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnT_4233Dg

Guys, Mao's Flip in Gala was super! cheers
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:20 am

here is Mao ex:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucvuig-WS9s Encore

she was on fire
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
cyclops Video - Presentation of Team Japan for Worlds 2013 (the bouquets are the best thing I ever saw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl6vf-B2O5M

Like a Star @ heaven Yukari Nakano interviews Mao after FS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGmLrtn9RU

Like a Star @ heaven Long video about Mao's season on japanese show (oh nato Mad Mad Mad )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bFnTvx3KDM

Thank you so much for the links Dani-chan! It was so nice to see Yukari again! Fuji TV should get rid of all their merely pretty faced announcers who only make meaningless comments and ask the same kinds of questions to the skaters on and on, plus they should dump the utterly boring host (Kokubun) and let Yukari do their jobs. She knows the sport well enough to do a better job than them. Rolling Eyes

Mao2012 wrote:
swan wrote:

I can't agree more, and am relieved that some of you felt the same as myself. Satoko is a real cute darling, but I simply cannot understand why the heck she got so much GOEs for her tiny low jumps. She skated clean, and that's something, yes...but I honestly felt that her making bronze didn't do any good for her nor the sport. After seeing Satoko skate at Nats, my impressions on Julias' jumps being small have even started to change!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 am

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am

Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 am

Mao2012 wrote:
swan wrote:

it's fine, we don't have to agree. i just wish that akiko's pcs were higher because her free skate really is a beauty.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:42 am

ballerinamao wrote:
here is Mao ex:

she was on fire

Beautiful beautiful 3Flip, lots of speed, very good height, her effort is slowly paying off... Dance
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xQShWWWukNg longer clip version with Exhibition finale!! So cute!! santa
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 am

is the season over for akiko?
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

kenkyo wrote:
is the season over for akiko?

Of course not, she will be sent to 4cc and worlds
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
here is Mao ex:

she was on fire

Beautiful beautiful 3Flip, lots of speed, very good height, her effort is slowly paying off... Dance
I think that this 3F is the best in years we've seeb from her! Thumbs up! If just she could land one like this is competition...
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
here is Mao ex:

she was on fire

I think that this 3F is the best in years we've seeb from her! Thumbs up! If just she could land one like this is competition...
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
here is Mao ex:

she was on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5yejpCLIqs

Mao did one 3F in July The Ice, which was as terrific as this one, not as much speed though, but the height was equally amazing, and the landing was even better.

I guess she has been struggling with adding speed to the jumps, now we finally see some improvement. flower
Back to top Go down
fgr8sktrfn

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 pm

my late congratulations to Mao for winning the 6th Japan National Championships.
also, Kanako for one of her best performances at this competitions. well done !!
sorry for Akiko. perhaps, she might put too much pressure on herself ?? to win the first Japan Nationals?? I was very touched by Daisuke Takahashi's warm and encouraging gestures to comfort Akiko. now I see why there are so many Dai fans all over the world.
he is always humble and considerate towards other competitors. he is a good guy !!

now I like to comment on Satoko Miyahara.
to be honest, I have only seen her once or twice in the past but after reading some comments here I would like to put my 2 cents.

in her SP:
she opened with 3lz/3t.....3lz was very tight but still with in 1/4 rotations but 3toe was clearly under-rotated in real time. she received "<".....minus 0.42
3flip...preceded by a spiral and a small footwork(creative entry)...+ 1.12 GoE
flying camel spin...well done.................................................+ 0.60
slst3..straight line steps...excellent use of upper body movements, very musical and good interpretations for someone so young, nice easy flow and edge quality..+ 0.80
2A..out of spiral........................................................................................ + 1.0
ccosp4...combo spin w/change foot...she did spin on both directions CW(clock-wise) and CCW(counter clock-wise)..this is one of bonus feature GoE.....................+ 0.5
lsp4.....excellent layback spin with all 4 level features satisfied.......................+1.0
............................................................................................................................
Base Technical Elements Base Value = 30.53 + 4.1 GoE................TES = 34.63
PCS.....SS(6.5) TR(6.2) P/E(6.45) CH(6.5) IN(6.3)............................PCS = 25.56
................................................................................................Total = 60.19
in her LP:
opened with a beautiful 3lz/3t (10.10 base value).............+ .98 GoE
3flip....out of series of footwork and spiral.......................+ 1.12 (well deserved)
ccosp4....agaain spin in both directions(very difficult variations) + 0.5
3loop.....badly under-rotated and 2 foot.."<<" ...downgraded...minus 0.9 GoE
2a...............................................................................................+ 0.3
lsp4.......excellent layback spin(all 4 level features met)...................+ 1.0
slst3.....another excellent footwork(musical and full body movements ) + 0.84
2nd half bonus(10%) in the 2nd half of the program(maximizing the "CoP"
2axel/3toe(x)........................8.14(10% bonus added to the base value) + 0.84
3lz/2t/2t(x)......9.45(10% bonus added)................................................+ 0.84
chsq.....choreo spiral seq...with a beautiful one handed Biellmann........ + 0.98
3salchow(x)............4.62(10% bonus added)........................................+ 0.42
fssp4..........flying sit spin...................................................................+ 0.50
...............................................................................................................................................Technical Elements Score Base = 57.22 + GoE 7.38...TES = 64.6
PCS....SS(6.9) TR(6.25) P/E(7.05) CH(7.15) IN(6.90)....................PCS = 55.76
....................................................................................Total............= 120.36

this is strictly my observation of Satoko's performances (SP and LP)
yes, she is very small in staure and her jumps are small compared to a Senior skater
however, I likw her basic skating skills(excellent speed and flow, ice coverage and very soft knees).
whoever choreographed these 2 programs(SP & LP) are very "CoP" friendly programs to maximize each element(jumps, spins, steps)..what do you mean by this?
for example: she is one of very few skaters at this competition to try the most difficult combinations..3lutz/3toe...that is a plus and Judges will notice.
most of her jumps are preceded by series of skating moves and footwrk(transitions)
this will be rewarded for her Transition score and a Positive GoE(grades of excecution)
score.
especially in the LP...she(and her team) put 2 most valued jumps in the 2nd half(2axel/3toe...8.14)) and 3lutz/2toe/2toe(9.45)...maximizing the jump value score.
if you noticed Satoko and Mao might be the only 2 skaters received all level4 spins in both SP and LP....she is a excellent spinner,IMO and how many people can spin in both directions(CW & CCW) Michelle Kwan did in her early career?
in my opinion, Satoko is a very talented skater with a very good foundations, excellent skating skills, excellent jumper(though I am not sure she can get through the piuberty monster?) she has a very good(true) lutz jump technique(she needs to work on her 2axel jump? and loop)..she is an excellent spinner.
for her age 14? she has a natural musical/artistic quality to her skating and interpretations,IMHO

for some people complaining Satoko is somehow over-scored? where exactly she is over scored? not in her Technical Elements Score...she performed one of the most difficult technical elements,especially 3lutz/3toe, many creative transitions in between elements and excellent spins. she and her team really understtod the "CoP" requirements and maximized her Technical Elements Score in the LP.
for complaining Satoko's PCS is somehow "Over scored" in the SP and LP ? I don't buy that either.
Satoko scored 25.56 PCS in the SP, cmpared to Mao...33.04
......................................................................Akiko...32.32
.....................................................................Kanako..29.56

and Satoko only received 55.76 PCS in the LP, compared to Mao...68.24
.....................................................................................Kanako.61.84
.....................................................................................Akiko....62.80
...............................................................................................................................
Satoko's TES(Technical Element Score) in the SP.30.53 + 4.1GoE = 34.63
Mao...................................................................24.25 + 5.52 = 29.77
Akiko................................................................27.23 + 5.54 = 32.77
KIanako.............................................................23.86 + 3.84 = 27.70
..............................................................................................................................
Satoko's TES......................................in the LP..57.22 + 7.38 = 64.60
Mao...................................................................55.65 + 6.86 = 62.57
Kanako..............................................................56.53 + 8.04 = 64.57
Akiko.................................................................51.22 + 1.92 = 53.14

what do you see in this display?
Satoko's Technical Elements(jumps,spins,steps) had a highest base value
meaning most difficult/challenging elements(contents) more than Mao, Kanako,Akiko

perhaps, we should evaluate protocols before start making a judgement of a skater(s)
either for or against to get a clear picture(understanding),IMO
I see too many misleading comments on "other" forums without any evidence to support their claim(more often based on mis-information or false information and try to claim their opinion as "fact".
as I said before I have seldom seen Satoko's performance or commented before but I felt some of comments directed towards Satoko was unfair and un-warranted in my opinion.
I really didn't see any evidence of her over scoring in either GoE or PCS in her scores in either SP or LP.

ETA: the coach in the K/C with Satoko sure seems like Yukina Ota's coach I saw at the 2003 Skate Canada? can someone tell me who she is?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Nationals
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next