Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!

Go down 
+37
mimmiz
Tripleaxelqueen
PochinkoPotanko
symbolicsmile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
minhoudi
whiteboots2013
BowbowDaijin
kitty
europeanfan
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
kisses
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Abdiel
kawaiimao
chapis
FigureArtist14
let`s talk
ilovethai
silenceisgolden
inskate
ElleluvsL
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
sapphiresky
Ken Himura
Czarace
Haidogirl
shar
Dani-Chan
aoi88
roma
ballerinamao
COHK
linglang
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Here's an interview of Yukari Nakano on Mao from Jan. 22:
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/express/news/140122/exe1401221631002-n1.htm

I'm sorry I won't have to time to provide more detailed translation of the interview. I only skim through it very quickly. But I'm very interested in the part when she talks about compulsory figure skating and the similar approach (like tracing circles with edges) in Coach Sato's instruction.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

First time I hear about Galit Chait, but if Mao is considering having this person by her side, then he must be of importance in some way or another.

I don't think Mao is even working with Galit. She's the coach of Reed/Reed, so she'll be going to Sochi with them.

Iceriver wrote:

Galit Chait used to compete for Israel in ice dace some years ago. I remember seeing her compete at Euros when I started watching figure skating on TV (this is, around 2004). I'm sure that if you've been watching ice dance for some time you will remember her, although you might not remember the name. Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovski...does it help?

There was a "scandal" involving Galit/Sergei and the Lithuanian couple Drobiazko/Vanagas, over the placing at 2002 world's. Galit/Sergei won bronze over the lithuanians, which they and many others felt it was unjust and only due to Galit's father being a very powerful man. Don't know if this is true, but the audience sure wasn't happy, and skaters were even signing (or were planing on) a petition of some sorts.

This is a bit off topic, but since we're talking about Galit...I've noticed at Euro's that she's been in the K&C with every Israeli skater, either as their primary coach, or as assistant coach or as a choreographer. I know her father is president of Israeli federation, so I was wondering whether it's mandatory for national team members to work with Galit in some capacity?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 pm

what do you guys think of Mao attending the team event, I have a bit of mixed feelings regarding this, on one hand I think it's a great idea to get to adjust to the rink, and maybe skate in the Olympic atmosphere, and thereby use it as mental preparations and test, but on the other hand if Japan doesn't have a real shot in the event, maybe focusing on the individual event and keep practicing is a better strategy.
I know that Mao was selected for the sp, and it's very understandable why they chose it, but wouldn't it have been better to skate the fs, to test the layout for the last time to remove any doubt and make sure that they have made the right decision.But then again doing the fs might be exhausting psychically and mentally so close to the individual event, I'm really torn on this issue
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 am

ballerinamao wrote:
what do you guys think of Mao attending the team event, I have a bit of mixed feelings regarding this, on one hand I think it's a great idea to get to adjust to the rink, and maybe skate in the Olympic atmosphere, and thereby use it as mental preparations and test, but on the other hand if Japan doesn't have a real shot in the event, maybe focusing on the individual event and keep practicing is a better strategy.
I know that Mao was selected for the sp, and it's very understandable why they chose it, but wouldn't it have been better to skate the fs, to test the layout for the last time to remove any doubt and make sure that they have made the right decision.But then again doing the fs might be exhausting psychically and mentally so close to the individual event, I'm really torn on this issue

I have mixed feelings about it as well. But I think the JSF knows they dont a chance for a team medal, therefore, they just want their skaters to have feel for the rink like you said. If Japan had a chance for a team medal Mao will be skating the LP, since she has the highest scoring potential. My hope is that Mao KILLS the sp and give the judges no excuse to undermark her and overmark the Queen.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:14 am

They might have a chance for Bronze. I think it might be good for her to do the SP. The LP is more energy consuming.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:41 pm

aoi88 wrote:
They might have a chance for Bronze. I think it might be good for her to do the SP. The LP is more energy consuming.

I'm afraid they don't. Their pair and ice dance is too weak. Unfortunately, this isn't a WTT format.

I'm torn on whether it's good for Mao to skate in team event or not. On one hand, she'll get her nerves out of her system (hopefully) on the other hand, if she won't have a good SP, it might affect her mentally later on. Honestly, if they had to bring team event to Oly's, I wish they would've scheduled it AFTER the individual events.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:26 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I'm afraid they don't. Their pair and ice dance is too weak. Unfortunately, this isn't a WTT format.

I'm torn on whether it's good for Mao to skate in team event or not. On one hand, she'll get her nerves out of her system (hopefully) on the other hand, if she won't have a good SP, it might affect her mentally later on. Honestly, if they had to bring team event to Oly's, I wish they would've scheduled it AFTER the individual events.

Or it might spur her to do better in the individual event. We can never know how it will affect the athletes and everyone is different. Actually, I think there are a couple of skaters that I feel might benefit from skating in the team event. Akiko is one. She has a trend recently of skating a great competition, then not so good to poorly in the next. If mistakes happen, it's better for them to occur in the team event.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 pm

aoi88 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Or it might spur her to do better in the individual event. We can never know how it will affect the athletes and everyone is different. Actually, I think there are a couple of skaters that I feel might benefit from skating in the team event. Akiko is one. She has a trend recently of skating a great competition, then not so good to poorly in the next. If mistakes happen, it's better for them to occur in the team event.
I agree. I've always wanted Mao to compete in the Team Event for a lot of reasons. She'll be able to skate in the Olympic atmosphere and get accustomed. She'll be able to practice her 3As under pressure before the singles event.

Then again, there's always the question of if she bombs. Will this discourage her; affect the judges; affect her stamina somewhat. That's why I'm so confused and just ready for the team competition to start so we can see how Mao is doing since it's been quite a while since we got any detailed news regarding Mao and her jumps/performance level.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 4:41 am

ilovethai wrote:

I agree. I've always wanted Mao to compete in the Team Event for a lot of reasons. She'll be able to skate in the Olympic atmosphere and get accustomed. She'll be able to practice her 3As under pressure before the singles event.

Then again, there's always the question of if she bombs. Will this discourage her; affect the judges; affect her stamina somewhat. That's why I'm so confused and just ready for the team competition to start so we can see how Mao is doing since it's been quite a while since we got any detailed news regarding Mao and her jumps/performance level.

That's what worries me the most. I agree that it's a good practice to skate in team event, but if she UR's yet another 3A, I'm worried a bit, how this will affect her scores, especially in the ladies event. I hope she'll have a good team SP competition and absolutealy kill it in the singles event.  Worship 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 pm

1/26 NHK special on Mao:
Part I -- https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1acdg3_20140126-%E7%89%B9%E9%9B%86%E2%91%A0-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE_sport
Part II -- https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ace2c_20140126-%E7%89%B9%E9%9B%86%E2%91%A1-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE_sport

There's nothing new (in the sense of updating news since Jpn National) from this special edition on Mao by NHK. Also, as NHK follows strictly the copyright law, it's not surprised that they only include materials up to NHK trophy.

But the NHK special is still interesting to watch, as it has some previously unreleased clips and scenes (such as Mao went to NY for working on the choreography with Tarasova...I'm so glad she didn't choose The Blue Danube!). And part of the special is taking about Mao's training with the 3A. You get to see the key point for her to succeed the jump is to keep up with the speed.  

Thanks to the uploader! (And thanks to the person who shared the link in the FB group!)
Back to top Go down
mimmiz

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks COHK!
Im in love with the new improved step seq!! It's so nice to see mao after a long time! I love how TAT was feeling the music
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 am

Thanks so much COHK. Anything about Mao on the internet, I just eat up hahah. I hope there are more documentaries like this about Mao. I especially like the part when Tat, Shanetta, and Mao were in the hotel room deciding which music to use. The whole choreographing process is fascinating.

I'm really interested in the original step sequence for Mao's Rach 2 program that was shown in the video. I loved it because there was MUCH more content in the step sequence and that made it more impactful and spellbinding but I guess they took out some of it because there wasn't enough time.

I also liked how the documentary talked about the importance of speed going into Mao's jumps. Before Mao reworked her technique, I was frustrated that she only took 2 crossovers before doing her 3A. Even male skaters do way more than 2 crossovers before their 3As.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:07 am

In other news, this is an interesting video comparing Japan with Canada, USA, and Russia in the team competition. Basically, in my opinion, Japan will rule the men's and ladies' events (unless Putin is gonna bribe the judges, which he probably will anyway)... but Japan's pairs and ice dancers are basically where Japan will lose the Team Event medal.

I like how the Team Event in the Olympics will encourage more nations to develop not only singles skaters, but also pairs and ice dancers. Also, this video confirms that Mao will do the SP and Akiko the LP, and Yuzuru will do the SP (and break the 100 barrier!! you better give it to him you Russian judges/hoes) and Tatsuki will do the LP.

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 am

ilovethai wrote:
Thanks so much COHK. Anything about Mao on the internet, I just eat up hahah. I hope there are more documentaries like this about Mao. I especially like the part when Tat, Shanetta, and Mao were in the hotel room deciding which music to use. The whole choreographing process is fascinating.

I'm really interested in the original step sequence for Mao's Rach 2 program that was shown in the video. I loved it because there was MUCH more content in the step sequence and that made it more impactful and spellbinding but I guess they took out some of it because there wasn't enough time.

No problem!
I'm also intrigued by her original Stsq of the Rach 2 program. It seems they just 'smoothed out' some movements from the original version. But I also like in the current version when she does those quick steps prior to the final spiral, from one end of the rink and with full speed. It just show-case how she can keep the speed while executing every movement to the very end.

On yet another note, here's another piece of news to share:
http://sports.chukyo-u.ac.jp/ソチ五輪浅田村上選手決意.pdf

It's "Chukyo University Sports", probably some kind of newsletter. Mao and Kanako were visited by representatives from university to cheer for their attendances of Sochi game. Note that the visit took place on Jan. 17th, and Mao said in her part "there's still 2 weeks until I leave for Sochi...." Based on that, it could be that Mao will leave for Sochi towards the end of Jan or the beginning of Feb.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 am

Thank you COHK, so probably Mao is leaving to Sochi this week, I loved when they deciding her music too  Swoon , Tatiana resting in the bed when Mao came to the room  ROTFLMAO , and Mao driving in the right side, she is so cool  Rockstar !!!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Has anyone posted the Olympics schedule yet?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I think so, but here is  flower  : http://sochi2014.blob.core.windows.net/storage/games/schedule_sochi_en.pdf

eta. OMG, It can not be true, women sp and lp are 19 and 20 feb, 09:00am in my time zone, I wont be able to watch it  pale Bawling Panic! Very Mad , it is not fair  Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
mimmiz

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:24 am

Oh silly methought it was a new stsq! Woops!
Isn't there supposed to be a day break between SP and LP?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

The FS is on my birthday...  Panic! 
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm

chapis wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I think so, but here is  flower  : http://sochi2014.blob.core.windows.net/storage/games/schedule_sochi_en.pdf

eta. OMG, It can not be true, women sp and lp are 19 and 20 feb, 09:00am in my time zone, I wont be able to watch it  pale Bawling Panic! Very Mad , it is not fair  Depressed Crying 

THANK YOU!!!

I haven't checked my time zone yet, but don't worry! There's YouTube!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:19 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
chapis wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

THANK YOU!!!

I haven't checked my time zone yet, but don't worry! There's YouTube!

Will the Olympics be broadcast live on Youtube? FS times are 10pm in my area, not too bad
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 am

"At NHK, we watched Mao [Asada] and thought about all she has been through --
the ups and downs of her career, her mother dying -- and how she has been
on top for so long," he continued. "Now, Mao has another chance at [Olympic] gold.
As an athlete, Gracie has learned that anything is possible, if you put in the time."

Scott Brown, Gracie's secondary coach

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/01/27/67161424
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:03 pm

mimmiz wrote:
Oh silly methought it was a new stsq! Woops!
Isn't there supposed to be a day break between SP and LP?

Yes, it is, but this isn't the only thing they're changing. Rumour has it, that the medals for FS will be rewarded the next day at the medal Plaza (or however it's called). I hope they'll still award the skaters with their medals right after the LP, and will repeat the ceremony the next day. I can see alot of very pissed off people in the audience if they'll skip the medal ceremony.

I-spiralmao wrote:
The FS is on my birthday... Panic! 

That's cool. Don't forget to make a certain wish... Wink Yep! 

Guys, do you know if the russian links will be available during the Games? Eurosport will not broadcast the Games, due to IOC refusing to sell them the rights, Frustrated  so I'll be stuck with Slovenian TV broadcast. Until now, they always showed FS at Oly's, but I'm looking for plan B just in case.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:04 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Guys, do you know if the russian links will be available during the Games?
The nearest event with Mao (Team event. Ladies SP) will be broadcasted by Channel One and SPORT.
Streams:

Channel One:
http://www.glaz.tv/online-tv/pervyi-kanal
http://debilizator.tv/pervyi_kanal/
http://kaban.tv/pervii-kanal-online
http://pro-tv.net/339-pervyjj-kanal.html
http://lapti.tv/pervii-kanal-online.html

SPORT:
http://www.glaz.tv/online-tv/sport
http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2
http://moetv.ucoz.ru/index/sport_2/0-129
http://www.moskvatv.com/page/sport2-tv-online.html

For Ladies Singles, SP&LP, the TV scedule is not available yet. So, I don't know which channel exactly will broadcast them. More later.  Dance 

As for other FS events, the Russian Channel One, VGTRK and NTV have the broadcast rights. The channels like SPORT and NTV-of-all-kinds are not really necessary since main channels will broadcast all FS events LIVE. As well as almost all other sports.

Follow the TV schedule on official sites:
Channel One: http://www.1tv.ru/shed/
Rossiya: http://russia.tv/tvp/
Rossiay-2: http://russia2.tv/tvp/
Or 'united' here: http://sporttvnews.ru/forum/36-243-1

Stream for all channels above can be found here:
http://www.glaz.tv/
http://debilizator.tv/
http://kaban.tv/
http://pro-tv.net/
http://lapti.tv/
Rossiya and Rossiya-2 also here:
http://rutv.ru/live/
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:17 pm

let's talk, THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Worship Worship Worship Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Daisies for you 

Now I just hope it won't be geoblocked.  pale  From my experience, during the Oly's everyone loves to geoblock their streams, so I hope the russians will take pitty on those of us outside Russia, and will alow us to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next