Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

Go down 
+53
let`s talk
linglang
silenceisgolden
COHK
l-spiralmao
Iceriver
Samurai Mao
koala_lover
maowataiyo
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
bebece
WowMao
Haidogirl
girlgirllo
kawaiimao
bibi
Toru
illani
p351
BowbowDaijin
minhoudi
kisses
whiteboots2013
Rose
W0rldTrav3l3r
Aero
roma
beautifulmao
Abdiel
sweetdream
Otchoto de mus :3
MyMao
Lady_in_black
emory903
ilovethai
aoi88
Batsuchan
sapphiresky
maofan93
itsonlykat
BounceAround
mini34ans
breynows
chapis
polosatik
nita
Mao_Asada_sunrise
inskate
shar
pearlyriver
klarification
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 am

sapphiresky wrote:
Just read some more news about Mao: Mao is portrayed as being quite wealthy by the foreign media (ie. Kurt Browning) because she has so many endorsements, but it's not really true.

Recently, there's been more articles about >90% of Mao's earnings going to JSF.

http://sports.qq.com/a/20140410/019846.htm

Even her personal endorsements, at least 20% goes to JSF.
Apparently if Mao appears in a show, she is supposed to get $1 million yen, but after JSF takes their share, this goes down to $50,000 yen affraid 

Someone calculated Mao's annual salary to be 40 million yen, but apparently 95% taken by JSF/ISU.

There's a lot of pressure on Mao to not retire from an economic perspective of JSF. The media drew comparisons between "5 days of Mao" is the same as the entire earnings of the J-league football in 1 year.

Also, apparently Fuji pays $2 Billion won to ISU for the rights for skating broadcasting, if Mao retires, ISU loses the negotiating ability for a higher price.
Cinquanta certainly got a lot of money from Mao over the years...not very appreciative though  Evil or Very Mad 

And when reading this, the JSF decision to send Mao to Armenia instead of Chukyo, (despite both Mao and Sato wanted to train at home) is even more infuriating. She's practically financing the entire federation and as a thank you, they send her to the cold rink which has a sand mixed in it's ice at the most important competition of her life. Frustrated IDIOTS.

Honestly, I think the 95% cut is an exaggeration. 50% that I'll believe, but over 90%, I don't think so.

I'm in no way defending the idiotic JSF, but one has to take into an account, how much does JSF finance Mao's training? I think I read (in 2007), that they pretty much cover most of the bill, so IF THIS IS TRUE, then taking such a large percentage might be justified.

The money ISU gets from Japan...and despite all that they still screw up Mao at every chance they get. Whirly  I don't get it. I'm not saying that she should get overscored,or being gifted the titles when she doesn't deserve them, but being given so many BS scores, I don't understand the workings of Speedy brain (presumably he has some working brain cells).

I do think that Eurosport guys are right and she is a millionare, she just has to give a bigger cut to the federation than other big skating stars. IMO.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:50 pm

bebece wrote:
thanks for the tips
but when i search " mao asada olympic 2010 FS " into the youtube search
all i got is fans camera video not the official one

and when i go to official channel https://www.youtube.com/user/olympicvancouver2010
they only upload gala and SP
and some kind of fluff of mao
should i search on another site like daily motion, but their search kinda rubbish Rolling Eyes 

oh and do any of u guys have the mao sochi FS  with english commentator
all i see this far is Japanese commentator

Glad I could help  Can't find English commentary for Sochi either. I also found Mao's free-skate at Vancouver with all the other skaters, but could not find a good stand alone copy. Since you said you liked it, I tried to give a more detailed description of the performance below after carefully watching it. I don't know the name of all the spins; I just did the best I could.

Below are some performances of Bells of Moscow that I consider to be better than Vancouver because they are clean, all the jumps including the triple toe missed in Vancouver are landed, and to me the performances are more powerful. This is especially true of the first two at Worlds because I felt that Mao had the confidence of a predator prowling for prey, who utterly defied the judges for their criminally low score, as if she anticipated getting stiffed. She still won in the end.  Interestingly, I heard in an interview when she returned to Japan from Sochi that her name in Arabic means lioness. And it’s the females not the males that do all the hunting. This is the closest Mao ever came to living up to her Arabic name.  

In this peerless performance, the innocent princess transforms into a dark, nimble angel firing wildly rotating lightning bolts from gyrating limbs. She is bewitchingly beguiling in her cat-like agility, as she springs into the air with a twin attack of triple axels, and an exquisite flurry of rotations that are synonymous with feline finesse. She strikes bizarre behind-the back, peek-a-boo and mask-like poses with her arms and hands like figures out of Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon and Three Women, which lead into the arabesque and fully-open scissor like leg extensions in her spiral sequence.  As for spins,  early on she dons the role of the desperate contortionist, diving into deep-seated sit spins with legs parallel to the ice. Then, she pulls her legs into a crouch, crosses one leg on her knee, fully extends her arms and locks her hands above her head, before rising upright and positioning her legs at 180 degrees in a rapidly revolving leg extension. This culminates in a sequence of spins that include one in which she completely wraps her head, left leg, and right arm sideways behind her back, then drops down again into the same set of sit spins, before fully extending her head and right leg all the way up behind her back in a full-blown Bielmann.  The beautiful tension it creates builds all the way till the final gong and upright spin at the end.  

Here are the titles. I still can't send links:

浅田真央(mao asada) World of S. Rachmaninoff ~ Bells of Moscow _ Piano Concerto No. 2

Mao Asada - 2010 Worlds FS (US) Lipinski Worlds Worlds standard quality

浅田真央 全日本フィギュア女子フリー   Japan Championships HD

Last edited by WowMao on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 pm

bebece wrote:

oh and do any of u guys have the mao sochi FS  with english commentator
all i see this far is Japanese commentator

I uploaded the NBC version, please don't over share the link as I don't want to get my account delete. Thanks!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1meg6zZYpH1AX6RyOE
Sorry the quality isn't great.

I really hope JSF leaves her alone while she makes her decision for herself and what she really wants to do
Loosing Dai and Mao at the same time will really blow the ticket sells, but they just can't keep shaking her as their money tree

zarinaballerina wrote:
but one has to take into an account, how much does JSF finance Mao's training? I think I read (in 2007), that they pretty much cover most of the bill, so IF THIS IS TRUE, then taking such a large percentage might be justified.
I do wonder how much support JSF gives to each skater and how much each skater has to pay for coaches, choreographers  training site, trainers, costume, equipment etc. Skating is quite an expensive sport; I guess any sport is once you get to that level. I know Frank Carroll has said in an interview that he charges different with each skater. With some, he gets a cut of their prize money and the money they earn from the shows in addition to coaching fees. Wonder if its the same with Mao's coaches?
Back to top Go down
bebece

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

wow guys u all awesomely awesome

WowMao  i will counting days patiently until u  could actually post link
beautiful performance that your link provide
but i thing some of the best mao performance happen in japan national
must be wonderful to watch it live in person or on tv in Christmas eve  

guys so far what is your favorite program or ex?

if mao actually decided to retired and go pro do she still get a new ex program each year or use the old one? what usually a pro skater do?

emory903 thanks for the upload, really nice to finally hear an English commentator, although  they don't seem that excited bout it, or maybe it just me that used to the britis euro sport guys
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

bebece wrote:
wow guys u all awesomely awesome

WowMao  i will counting days patiently until u  could actually post link
beautiful performance that your link provide
but i thing some of the best mao performance happen in japan national
must be wonderful to watch it live in person or on tv in Christmas eve  

guys so far what is your favorite program or ex?

if mao actually decided to retired and go pro do she still get a new ex program each year or use the old one? what usually a pro skater do?

emory903 thanks for the upload, really nice to finally hear an English commentator, although  they don't seem that excited bout it, or maybe it just me that used to the britis euro sport guys

I meant to send the description to the username kisses, but accidentally sent the description to you. Just copy and paste the titles I sent you into the Youtube search engine and press return. Then, look for the performance in the list of search results. Let me know if you still have trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwCo3GID2E    Worlds LP HD 2010 no commentary and Grand Prix Final LP 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCZCM8AKCU      Worlds LP Lipinski 2010 commentary standard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B4u4VzA2Pc                 Japan NAtionals Gold 2010 Bells  

http://www.asahi.com/olympics/sochi2014/lastdance/       I haven't been able to find this link on this site. This is a really beautiful and heart-breaking description of Mao's life through her own quotes, with some narrative as well, using pictures of her Sochi free-skate as a backdrop.

Scott Hamilton's commentary isn't my favorite. The one with Tara Lipinski and the male announcer with her is much better. You could tell they were really, truly impressed, and had a lot of emotion in their voices.  The guy with her even said, "There will not be a more determined, gutsy, impressive performance the rest of the night."  Lipinski warmly said "This is the Mao we know" and "Incredible," among other compliments.

I can't seem to find the Lipinski commentary unfortunately. Other than the Japanese announcers who obviously get excited, the French seem to be the most impressed with Mao at Worlds  2010 and at Sochi. I really love their contagious excitement and the suspense they create in varying the level of their voices from whispers to shouts in seconds. In some ways, it mirrors the dynamics of the performance. At Sochi, the female announcer exclaimed "Oh la la la la la la la la!" an expression indicating overwhelming surprise after she landed her triple axel,and the male announcer proclaimed, "Vraiment Extraordinaire" (Truly Extraordinary) with a passionate flair  at the end. Similarly, an Italian female announcer also called out in surprise "Bellisimo axel!" extremely beautiful.  

In French, Bells of Moscow Regardez (Watch), uttered in a whisper, seconds later becomes Formidable!!!!! Stupendous or Extraordinary! suddenly shouted out loud.

Last edited by WowMao on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:07 pm

bebece wrote:

I'm not following any pro skater, so don't know what do they do. But [in the news] it was confirmed that Mao will have a new Ex program, and she will have the choreo done some times during the summer, but surely before her own ice show 'The Ice' to be held toward the end of July.
Back to top Go down
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 am

Hey I'm just on my way home from Mao's exhibition!

The moment I passed the ticket barrier at Nihonbashi station I was finding myself with a huge smile on my face - they have decorated the walls and pillars with pictures of Mao!

I truely enjoyed the exhibition itself, of course, beautiful costumes and pictures from her childhood to now.

I went with my sister, and we both had our pictures taken with a life-size panel of Mao.
And we also left messages for her on the message board.

Those who live close enough to visit, don't miss this!
Sorry guys for being excited like a kid, I feel so happy and elated now I want to share this experience with everbody...
Back to top Go down
W0rldTrav3l3r

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:27 am

Beautiful photos of Mao-chan at her own excibition.

http://www.asahi.com/articles/photo/AS20140414000321.html
Back to top Go down
minhoudi

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:37 pm

First of all, I would like to precise that it's only my opinion and as a Mao fan, I'm not objective. I just want to share my feelings about Sotchi.

I think that Mao was really underscored by the judges panel at Sotchi. Both short and free, they underscored her PCS, which was higher during the GP series (whereas Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya strangely smashed their scores) ; they also underscored her spins and steps sequence (she got level 3 instead of level 4) ; and they unfairly considered underrotated some of her jumps especially her 3A. I claim that they wanted to penalize Mao because she was the favorite regarding her GP results, but not russian. Thus, they wanted her to destabilize and they have almost succeeded. Indirectly, I believe that their judgement increased her stress and reduced her confidence.

Maybe a perfect performance before Sotchi, the GP final for instance, with one unquestionable 3A should have definitely made Mao unbeatable like Yu Na before Vancouver. In this perspective, maybe it was a wrong idea to add a second 3A in the free skate in the middle of the season, which prevented her from showing a perfect layout.

But beyond the medal, there is this incredible performance of Mao. After her disastrous short program, she realized the Feat. So many people around the world were impressed and touched by Mao because she embodied the courage and went beyond herself. This performance is so inspiring and that's why Mao was the real queen of Sotchi. After all, this performance is more significant than a gold medal since Mao achieved something unique in the skating history that nobody won't be able to forget.

For the future and if Mao decides not to retire, I wish to see her skating on some traditional japenese musics.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:45 am

W0rldTrav3l3r wrote:
Beautiful photos of Mao-chan at her own excibition.

http://www.asahi.com/articles/photo/AS20140414000321.html

Thank you for posting the wonderful photos. I like the first one the best because the figure is the most life-like and displays how marvelous she is at ballet. Also, now that she has won her third world championship, it's like she is looking back at a figure of herself when she won her first  one in 2008, since that is the outfit she wore that season. I can see how satisfied she must feel in making the decision to correct her jumps because she has finally come full circle from her difficulties and actually emerged better than she was.  I also like the picture of her looking at her final pose in her Sochi LP because she seems so peaceful, satisfied and happy looking back at it now compared to how confusing her emotions were during her bittersweet triumph. Finally, it's amazing how young and fresh she seems in these photos. It's like the weight of the world has been lifted off her shoulders after delivering the performances she had so longed to give, and she has become a teenager again.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

minhoudi wrote:
First of all, I would like to precise that it's only my opinion and as a Mao fan, I'm not objective. I just want to share my feelings about Sotchi.

I think that Mao was really underscored by the judges panel at Sotchi. Both short and free, they underscored her PCS, which was higher during the GP series (whereas Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya strangely smashed their scores) ; they also underscored her spins and steps sequence (she got level 3 instead of level 4) ; and they unfairly considered underrotated some of her jumps especially her 3A. I claim that they wanted to penalize Mao because she was the favorite regarding her GP results, but not russian. Thus, they wanted her to destabilize and they have almost succeeded. Indirectly, I believe that their judgement increased her stress and reduced her confidence.

Maybe a perfect performance before Sotchi, the GP final for instance, with one unquestionable 3A should have definitely made Mao unbeatable like Yu Na before Vancouver. In this perspective, maybe it was a wrong idea to add a second 3A in the free skate in the middle of the season, which prevented her from showing a perfect layout.

But beyond the medal, there is this incredible performance of Mao. After her disastrous short program, she realized the Feat. So many people around the world were impressed and touched by Mao because she embodied the courage and went beyond herself. This performance is so inspiring and that's why Mao was the real queen of Sotchi. After all, this performance is more significant than a gold medal since Mao achieved something unique in the skating history that nobody won't be able to forget.

For the future and if Mao decides not to retire, I wish to see her skating on some traditional japenese musics.

minhoudi, even non Mao fans agree with you, that yes, she was underscored. I can't say much about SP, the only time I've seen it, was during that performance, it's been almost two months and I still can't watch it  Depressed Crying , so my memory of it isn't the best, however, I think she was undersored a bit, not much, because she did mess it up badly, however, I wouldn't put her below 60.

About LP, I'm still in awe at her achievement, and I can't stop watching it, but boy was she robbed of a WR. Mad  I don't think there's anyone who agreed with that score, compared to Adelina, Yuna and Caro (well maybe Koreans did  Wink ) , she deserved at least 8 points higher, even one of the commentators or journalists said that, unfortunately I can't remember who it was. No way was 2A-3T UR. But the tech caller was Lakernik, and his orders were clear, make Adelina an olympic champion, so he did it. He could've given Mao a fair judging and the judges a fair PCS and GOE since her 19+ point difference would never make her a winner. But there's a bright side to all this, while people do remember this Games for a (in their eyes) controversial win for Adelina, EVERYONE remembers the magical LP skate from Mao. She's been one of the most talked about olympic athletes. So despite BS judging, she produced a program that no other lady has been able to in the history of this sport; an 8 triple LP. Worship

WowMao wrote:
Scott Hamilton's commentary isn't my favorite.

Scott is a known Yuna worshiper, so you won't get any nice words from him, about Mao. In Vancouver, he even said (on TV) that Yuna's 3-3 is harder than Mao's 3A-2T, because Yuna does 6 rotations while Mao only does 5.5 rotations. Whirly  LMAO  (I guess this is why no one else does a 3A because it's too easy to bother. Rolling Eyes)   I wonder if he was embarrased after he realized what an idiotic thing he said.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I found this today, seems like an off day/night for Mao, akiko and kanako where they went out for dinner together  Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kX1JW7J4M
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
I found this today, seems like an off day/night for Mao, akiko and kanako where they went out for dinner together  Smile 

I like this part at 4:10  Smile 

Akiko: "Do you have a skater you are particularly interested in ?"
Mao and Kanako look at each other, then Kanako does THAT pose and so do Mao and Akiko.
Akiko: "Machida-kun was pretty awesome this season"
Mao: "Matchy was great"

Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
But there's a bright side to all this, while people do remember this Games for a (in their eyes) controversial win for Adelina, EVERYONE remembers the magical LP skate from Mao.
I think this is what I loved about most about the Sochi games. Anybody, even those without any prior knowledge of figure skating, can tell you that Mao's performance was THE performance of the night. I don't remember who tweeted but there was a tweet saying something like "where were you when Mao threw it down in Sochi." It was that kind of a moment.

minhoudi wrote:

I don't think anything would have made Mao to be perceived as unbeatable like Yuna. She just isn't viewed in that light by the judges no matter what the truth is. This sport is heavily persuaded by reputation and Mao's rep as an underrotator and flutzer will always get her jumps more scrutinized by the panel while other skaters get lucky and the same mistakes get "overlooked."
Changing a layout that was working might not have been the smartest idea since the time to train a new layout can be used to perfect the already working layout. However, I don't think Mao would have been happy if she didn't at least tried to throw 2As in the LP. It's the athlete in her, which I respect a lot. The important thing is she realized that it wasn't going to work and went back to the old layout. That to me shows growth in her maturity and how far she has come in the past four years.
Like you said her performance is more significant than a gold medal, it made me love her even more. I would have been really happy for her if she had gotten the gold but the journey she took, the fight in the LP in Sochi made me feel so proud to be her fan, even more so than before Very Happy

Thanks for the video ballerinamao! Can somebody be so generous to translate? I would love to know what Akiko told Mao and Kanako how she came about the decision of retirement. I gathered that's one the the things Mao asked...
Kanako's reaction was very cute when she realized Machida was the same age as Mao. I didn't make that connect until I was watching it either Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 am

ballerinamao wrote:

Thank you!

Three sisters together. Mushy Love 
Seriously, I teared up a bit watching this, with Akiko gone from competitive skating, the same probably with Mao, Kanako is going to be left alone. Sad  I just love the team Japan's spirit, their firendship ...it's going to be so weird without Daisuke, Akiko and possibly Mao next season. The selfish part of me wants her to continue so badly, but the rational part of me wants what's best for her. If she does stay on for a few more seasons, I hope it's going to be because she wants it, not because she was pressured to it. JSF better stay the heck away from her!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:49 am

emory903 wrote:

Thanks for the video ballerinamao! Can somebody be so generous to translate? I would love to know what Akiko told Mao and Kanako how she came about the decision of retirement. I gathered that's one the the things Mao asked...

I'd like to try to provide with a rough translation. But feel free to correct if anything is incorrect:
(Starting from the middle of the video, Akko initiates the question about their future plans: since it will be four years until the next Oly, can you imagine what you will be doing after 4 yrs?)
Kanako: wants to learn to be a coach
Akko: wants to learn to be a choreographer. And after 4 yrs, Akko says ideally she'd be married because of the age.
(Then they talk about going to wedding ceremonies and dressed in their Sochi Oly costumes?)
Akko to Mao: Mao-chan has no idea? (about the future plan)
Mao: I've yet been able to imagine about that.
[videos about their future plan: Akko has decided to retire, Kanako has decided to keep on for one more year. Mao is uncertain.]

Then Akko shares her experience.
Akko: (to Mao) Although not in a hurry, everyone in Japan and in the world cares so much about what Mao is going to do next. I think it will be better to take time to decide on that. But probably Kanako would want to know the decision? (Kanako nods her head)
Mao: (to Kanako) you have one more year to go, work hard! Kanako you're still young so it's okay.
Mao: (ask Akko) It was a great deal to decide that you want to retire? You need great courage to make the decision.
Akko: It was scary at first when making the decision about retiring. Up until now I've working so hard for all the competitions. If there were no more competitions, I'm afraid I won't work hard anymore. We've all been used to hard-working throughout the time, it's like that's how we make ourselves live. So when come to think of that's no more, at first it was scary for me.
(Mao & Kanako agreeing)
Akko: But, when I think more, it's actually not that scary, but rather looking forward to everything. I want to prepare myself and absolutely do not want to let myself down. Although my result at WC was not the best, when it came to the end, I thought: the next step of my life will start from here. It's not the ending point, rather another start.
Kanako&Mao: That's so cool!
Akko: well, not really. It's not about the result, but more about how you feel. So it's better not to feel regret (for you two)....but I know it's very difficult. If you want to keep on, you have to be determined; if you want to quit, that takes lots of courage, too. So...take the time (to decide)
Mao: (I've) heard some very nice advice!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Thank you!

Three sisters together. Mushy Love 
Seriously, I teared up a bit watching this, with Akiko gone from competitive skating, the same probably with Mao, Kanako is going to be left alone. Sad  I just love the team Japan's spirit, their firendship ...it's going to be so weird without Daisuke, Akiko and possibly Mao next season. The selfish part of me wants her to continue so badly, but the rational part of me wants what's best for her. If she does stay on for a few more seasons, I hope it's going to be because she wants it, not because she was pressured to it. JSF better stay the heck away from her!

It was really touching, I really enjoyed watching it even through i didn't understand what they said, the atmosphere seemed so nice but also serious at times. I also really want her to continue, but only if she herself wants too. I kind of hate that Mao has to give a decision in may, it's just too soon, and it indirectly does put pressure on her.

Back to top Go down
bebece

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 am

woooo hooooo
guys another english commentary http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22934439

i don't know what channel but they do sound british
were Euro sport not covering the olympic?

love the three sister talk
especially after reading your translation
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 am

bebece wrote:
woooo hooooo

only people who have an account can view the video  Snow 
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:09 am

Thank you so much COHK for the translation!!

I feel like the conversation turned serious after the question of retirement was brought up
I would have love the seen the whole thing...the relationships between them feels so genuine, love it!!
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjk4OTE0MTY0.html
Not sure if this was posted or not...Mao on Mai Sport with Mai
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
bebece wrote:
woooo hooooo

only people who have an account can view the video  Snow 
d

I have found the link for the Lipinski commentary on Mao's Sochi Freeskate. Lipinski and the man with her don't say very much, like they are just taken in by the performance, but to me the words they do say seem full of warmth and praise. Lipinski ranked Mao's performance as the best ladies' performance. No need for an account.

http://shiracirca.tumblr.com/post/77347294096/julia-lipnitskaia-mao-asada-possibly-her-last
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 pm

COHK, thanx so much for the translation!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Daisies for you 

ballerinamao wrote:

It was really touching, I really enjoyed watching it even through i didn't understand what they said, the atmosphere seemed so nice but also serious at times. I also really want her to continue, but only if she herself wants too. I kind of hate that Mao has to give a decision in may, it's just too soon, and it indirectly does put pressure on her.

WHAT?! affraid  WTH?!!! She should give her decision when she's ready not whenever the damn JSF feels it suits them! Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated 
Heck no! I really thought she's going to take a very long time out to think about it and to see what's it like without the daily serious training and if she wants to return, and JSF (or whoever is behind this) pulls this off?  Evil or Very Mad Honestly if I were Mao, I'd just show my middle finger to all of them and tell them I'd give them my final decision when I'm good and ready. Twisted Evil  Too bad Mao is way too nice and classy to do this.

bebece wrote:

I don't have access to the video, but if they sound british than it's BBC. Eurosport didn't have broadcasting rights for Sochi, and they won't have them for Rio 2016 either.  Bawling  Bawling  Bawling  Stupid IOC.  Mad 

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
COHK, thanx so much for the translation!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Daisies for you 

ballerinamao wrote:

WHAT?! affraid  WTH?!!! She should give her decision when she's ready not whenever the damn JSF feels it suits them! Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated 
Heck no! I really thought she's going to take a very long time out to think about it and to see what's it like without the daily serious training and if she wants to return, and JSF (or whoever is behind this) pulls this off?  Evil or Very Mad Honestly if I were Mao, I'd just show  my middle finger to all of them and tell them I'd give them my final decision when I'm good and ready. Twisted Evil
  Too bad Mao is way too nice and classy to do this.

bebece wrote:

I don't have access to the video, but if they sound british than it's BBC. Eurosport didn't have broadcasting rights for Sochi, and they won't have them for Rio 2016 either.  Bawling  Bawling  Bawling  Stupid IOC.  Mad 

In all seriousness, I also found it quite disrespectful of them to put a date on this, afterall its the kind of decision that takes time, they should just wait, the GP are first going to start much longer, so why the hurry. pressuring her like this will only make it likely that her answer will be unfavorable to them, I really think Mao needs a long break to clear her mind and just reflect on this matter, hopefully she can just tell them off, if she isn't ready and hasn't made up her mind.

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:44 pm

I just hope the translation is helpful!  Smile 
As for the May deadline...can anyone provide an actual source of that? Why I don't recall that Mao has said anything decisive, not even mentioning any deadline. So if the info source is from media, I won't be surprised it's just the media's surmise about one of the possibilities. Even it has been reported that JSF has suggested that it will be 'OKAY' for Mao to NOT making a decision if she wants to go on with GP next season (as JSF probably needs to know who will go on and start planning for the GP assignments by the end of Apr), I'd think it's too much for JSF to make any kind of statement that may influence Mao's decision anyway.

I have a sense that she hasn't been having enough time and space for herself to think what she wants to do. From the talk show of SOI, it's clear that Kanako wants to be a skating coach, Akko wants to be a choreographer. But Mao's just not sure about anything. And obviously, she's not too comfortable talking about that either. So I really hope (and don't mind) that after her last show towards the end of Apr, she will be able to stay away from the media (and better get 'disappeared' from the media) for a while to have her own space and time to consider. Oh, and I also hope she'll at least resume her study at school and finish up her college education!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next