Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Empty
PostSubject: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 am

at Morioka, Iwate pref.

This show is designed to support 3.11 affected people and
Iwate pref. is one of the tsunami-stricken areas.

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 E0199613

Libera is now in Morioka to collaborate with Mao for Jupiter.

New costume design for the program.
NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cymfgo12
https://www.facebook.com/hitomi.yokoyama.5245/posts/750082805125131

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cymy-e11
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks for starting the discussion!

The new costume for Jupiter looks amazing! It's by the same designer who made Mao's Sochi-oly dresses. Also in the FB page of the designer, she mentions that she was at the rehearsal, watching Mao doing the rehearsal. She said Lori was there @ Morioka as well.

The Ex in the afternoon is still underway. It is reported on twitter that Mao dressed in the the white costume from Benedictus at the Opening. During the 1st half she skated to Ritz.

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:02 am

(Almost Wink ) live streaming by Chinese media or something(?).
Borrowed from GS.
Akiko is performing O now.

http://mov3.co/en/nhk/
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 8:02 am

Jupiter
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ljj1w_sp-ex-8_tv
(for the last part when the Libera was singing in Japanese, the lyrics was by Mao)

Ritz (with interview)
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ljhp6_sp-ex-3_tv
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:08 am

Thank you for the links!
Jupiter is really  beautiful and touching.

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyrrau10

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyr9pr10

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyrizi10

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyrizi11

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyrrau11

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyr8gd10

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyrtsz10

A tree shown on the ice has been called a miracle pine tree since there had been a beautiful beach
with white sands and pine groves of about 70,000 trees at Rikuzen-Takata, Iwate pref.,
but all of them were washed away or seriously damaged by that tsunami except only one tree.

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cyru1110
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Mao did a magnificent job with the choreography to this new version of Jupiter because I love it more than the original one. To me, this goes beyond the world of scores and championships. This is why I love Mao's skating so much. This program is such a beautiful work of the human heart that symbolizes the endurance of the spirit through connection between the generations. All of Mao's movements are done with fluid elegance that transition smoothly from one element to the next in one continuous stream of natural expression from the long opening arc of the arabesque to Mao's genuine interaction with the children. I love the part where the children synchronize their swaying movements kneeling on the ice in a circle with Mao. Then, a boy and a girl skate towards Mao as her face is cast down in sorrow. As they link their hands together, a bright smile beams across Mao's uplifted face as they skate away together and form a small circle. Then, as they quickly let go and dash away Mao's look of wonder and surprise as she turns the other way is so genuine and expressive. I also love when she makes S turns in between the children and then they all skate away together in a large oval pattern encompassing most of the skating rink as Mao transitions into a lovely arabesque atop the silhouette of a large pine tree projected on the ice. I think this must be an image of the miracle pine- a 27 meter tall symbol of hope - which was the only tree among 70,000 to survive the 3-11 tsunami along the Japanese coast near the town of Rikuzentakata. The pine tree also symbolize longevity and youth. Mao, in answer to your concerns about fulfilling the expectations of fans- you have exceeded my expectations with this program immensely. Streams of tears attest to the fact that my expectations are overflowing. One of the most beautifully human performances I have ever seen and the children were wonderful as well.
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 12:14 am

I hope she choreographs all her programs from now on, because she has a very unique style and her head is probably filled with original ideas.
The moves in the beginning were particularly quick and powerful, although silky and graceful.
Emphatic in a way other choreography is not.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:01 am

Just to clarify, I don't think the new Jupiter program was completely choreographed by Mao herself. Lori was in Morioka to help with the choreography (include the finale to the whole Ex). But I believe Mao has poured her heart and thought into producing the program. I just read from twitter that in Mai's radio talk show on Jan 11 she will be talking about the new Jupiter program and having a post-Ex interview with Mao. It is said that the whole process of producing the the new program took more than half-a-year's planning and preparation.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 am

Mao with Libera boys after the show.  Smile

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 12509010
https://www.facebook.com/liberarecords/posts/1520762744918873:0

London-born 9-year-old Taichi SHINOKUBO gave a solo performance (the Japanese lyrics part, I guess)
I've read that he did a good job as 'an interpreter' at performances and restaurants during their stay in Japan.  Yep!
NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 600-im10
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao with Libera boys after the show.  Smile

London-born 9-year-old Taichi SHINOKUBO gave a solo performance (the Japanese lyrics part, I guess)
I've read that he did a good job as 'an interpreter' at performances and restaurants during their stay in Japan.  Yep!

Has he played a role in the Harry Potter series? That must be a Harry Potter setting!

in the FB page, it says Mao felt very relaxed when skating live to libera's singing. I think she also said in her interview with Mai that skating to live singing is a new challenge for her. I hope there will be more future collaboration between Mao and libera!
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 am

>Has he played a role in the Harry Potter series? That must be a Harry Potter setting!

Yeah, it looks almost like a scene in that movie.  Laugh
I’m sure it’s a picture of his real life, though.

>I hope there will be more future collaboration between Mao and libera!
I hope so, too!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:14 am

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3mvuoa_0117-documentary-43-00_fun

The video clip of the NHK Ex special: behind the scenes

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 1:41 am

Mao and Yuzu ... and Charlie Smile

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Maoyuz10

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Cak0xh10
https://twitter.com/palebluefruits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9   NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy Figure Skating Special Exhibition - Jan. 9
Page 1 of 1