Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nobunari's blog - translation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Nobunari's blog - translation Empty
PostSubject: Nobunari's blog - translation   Nobunari's blog - translation Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:49 am

I discovered that Nobunari's blog was updated yesterday.

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/

...I also discovered that my Japanese got so much worse that I was barely able to read it.

This is my best attempt to translate the entry:

Nobunari Oda, 11.05.2008 wrote:
Good evening, it's been a long time! This is Nobunari Oda.

I haven't updated my blog for a long time. I truly have no excuse.

Having mentioned that, I apologize and apologize to everyone but still there are so much things to apologize for...

Firstly, I apologize my federation, the Kansai University skating club personnel, my family and friends, and all fans and all people for causing them trouble and injuring their feelings with the arrest in July because of DUI. It was truly unforgivable.
From that moment on there is no second where I do not reflect upon that mistake.
The words of support and the words of criticism that I received, I will never forget.
I can't be forgiven (for what I've done) in my whole life, but I'll do my best to go on.

Secondly, as you probably know, I switched coaches from Lee Barkell to Nikolai Morozov.
After talking to Morozov, and consulting Lee Barkell, who had been my coach in Canada, I made the decision by myself.
Coach Barkell said: "No matter what happens, here you'll always have a place to come back to."
For those gentle words, and for the fact that I met him and spent 4 years with him, I feel happy from the bottom of my heart.

Coach Morozov used to coach my senior, Takahashi-senshu. Because I came between them and broke their wonderful relationship, I feel deep regret.
Even though I was suspended, he always treated me with kindness, just as usual.
It turned out that I repaid with ingratitude for his kindness, and I hurt Takahashi-senshu... I'm truly, truly sorry.
I will practice hard with consciousness and responsibility to follow the road that I've choosen for myself.
One day I would like to become a skater whom Takahashi-senshu can call "a rival".
Dai-chan, from now on, as a skater and as a junior, "nice to meet you" again.

And lastly, (a message) to all fans.
It's been a long time. I was able to return...
I can't express how grateful I am to all my fans. The warm messages that I've received lifted my spirits.
Last season I've betrayed your expectations by withdrawing from Nationals in order to practice self-discipline.
I'm truly sorry.
This year I'll do my best to start everything over again. I humbly ask for your support.
The first occassion to see me skate will be in a show in Korea, which will take place in a week. I'll do my best to skate at least a bit good.

And lastly, the rink I used to practice on in Kurashiki, "Rinkai (Seaside) Sport Center" is in danger of closing.
I have warm memories from Rinkai, it's coaches and skaters and the Olympic season.
I kindly ask you to send your signatures to help the rink stay open.

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes! Sad, Lonely

Last edited by Okami on Tue May 13, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari's blog - translation   Nobunari's blog - translation Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Thank you. That was a very moving read.

It's sad to see Nobu blaming himself all the time. Recently I found this quote in the Internet:

Quote :
Guilt works in a twisted way. Those who should feel guilty often don’t give the possibility a second thought, and those who have nothing whatsoever to feel guilty about often get stuck in a tar baby of guilt.

...and it made me think about him.

Quote :
Coach Barkell said: "No matter what happens, here you'll always have a place to come back to."
I loved this quote. Lee is a great person. Worship
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari's blog - translation   Nobunari's blog - translation Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Thank you very much for the translation, Okami!
I sincerely hope everything will turn out great for Nobunari. Good luck!
One week to go... Yep!
And I hope he and Daisuke will handle all this coach-stealing case in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobunari's blog - translation   Nobunari's blog - translation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nobunari's blog - translation
Page 1 of 1