Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mao1985

2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:24 am

little article Yep!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-olyvancouver25-2008aug25,0,7984092.story

Athletes to watch: Skiers Bode Miller and Lindsey Kildow Vonn. Reigning world champion figure skater Mao Asada of Japan (trivia note: she was first a ballet dancer), and two rising 15-year-old skaters from Southern California, Caroline Zhang of Brea and Mirai Nagasu, who attends Arcadia High School.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

Wow! That's great that they though about Mao, Mirai and Caroline! I want soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to go to these Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:28 am

I really wanna go to that winter olympics too! Surprised
I used to live in Vancouver before, so the city is kind of familiar to me.
hope Mao will get a gold medal there!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:38 pm

I'm glad to see Mao (and Mirai & Caroline) recognized by the sport media. Smile
Ah, Olympics! Right now I'm still living in the present and can't wait to see this season's programs... Laughing But Olympics are so close...! Less than 2 years... It feels to me as if Shizuka won yesterday! Time flies so fast... Shocked
Back to top Go down
mao1985

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 am

Another article Smile

ESPN - With Beijing in the rear-view mirror, here are athletes to watch for 2010, 2012 - Olympics

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/columns/story?id=3552429

Mao Asada: Two years ago, many thought the best skater in the world wasn't at the Olympics. That skater was Japan's Mao Asada, who was too young to compete in Torino. Two years later, she became the world champion. One of the few women in the world who has landed a triple axel, Asada became the first to land two in a program. Now training with Tatiana Tarasova, the Russian who guided Ilia Kulik and Alexei Yagudin to Olympic gold, Asada hopes she can stay on top.

Jeffrey Buttle: Canada has had a long history of churning out great male figure skaters -- Brian Orser, Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko, among them -- but none was able to win an Olympic gold. The last time the Winter Games were held on Canadian soil, back in 1988 in Calgary, Orser narrowly lost to American Brian Boitano in the famed Battle of the Brians. Buttle is the reigning world champion, but if others can land quads, he could extend the Canadian curse.

Mirai Nagasu: The reigning American champion hasn't been old enough to compete at the world championships (nor have top American rivals Caroline Zhang and Rachael Flatt). But Nagasu & Co. will be age eligible by Vancouver, and if these youngsters can maintain their high level of athletic and artistic abilities, they could fare better than established veterans like Kimmie Meissner, who won the world title in 2006 and the U.S. crown in 2007, but had a disastrous showing in 2008. One problem: At most, the U.S. will be able to send three women skaters to Vancouver. At least one, possibly two, of these talented skaters will be watching on TV.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 am

Thank you for linking this great article! cheers
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Thank you for all the links. I didn't expect such a huge interest in Winter Olympics so soon after the Summer ones! Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead   2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Vancouver Olympics: Looking ahead
Page 1 of 1