Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recent Mao news

Go down 
+19
chineseteacup
SoMiTripleAxel
sky
MissAero
MaoMaoRevolution
Maya
snowdrops24
coconut
chiyori
summervie
chapis
clovera
Mirai
Okami
bibi
inskate
polosatik
Oscilla
Batsuchan
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Recent Mao news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:44 pm

bibi wrote:
Does someone knoe where it was?? Was it before the show at the Miki&Mao rink or Mao is training from time to time with Yamada?

I'm not sure but the picture seems sometime from last season because Mao's hair looks curly. I think she straightend her hair this season. Maybe, they took this shot in plactice time of Nagoya Fes 08, that's what I guess! flower
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:56 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
clovera wrote:
Like posting adorable pictures of Mao, Aero, Tiara, and Komachi all over the web... I love you

lol. Oh yes! We'll face down those saboteurs with an overload of cuteness! Smile

ROTFLMAO Oh that is just AWESOME!!

Ok, so now moving on to better and brighter things!!

More on Mao's graduation:
http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2009/03/17/0001759054.shtml

The ladies' figure skating ace, Mao Asada (18), graduated from Aichi's Chuukyou University Chuukyou High School. Asada, who attended the ceremony on the 15th, said "I was able to graduate without any problems. The teachers came to the ice rink to give me lessons, so I'm very grateful. Even after I go to college, without changing my feelings up to now, I want to try my best with all my might." Asada, who will go to Chuukyou University starting in April, will leave for Los Angeles, where the World Championships will be held, on the 23rd.

Mao and Mai's Hinamatsuri dolls!

Typically Japanese households celebrate Hinamatsuri (Doll Festival/Girls' Day) on March 3rd, and girls put out dolls that represent the emperor and empress and their court. You can read more about Hinamatsuri here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinamatsuri

Here's a half translation/explanation of this article:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/aichi/news/20090313-OYT8T01168.htm

In Toyota city, they are having an event called "Dolls hung for the lunar calendar," and there is an exhibit with dolls that have been borrowed from Mao and Mai Asada and other famous sports stars. [The picture shows Mao and Mai's dolls.]

In Inabu, which is in a mountainous region, spring comes late. Because it is difficult to gather flowers for the Doll festival [also called Momo no sekku, or "Peach festival"], traditionally and currently, they have delayed the Doll festival. This event was started by the Inabu Tourism association in 2004 in order to preserve this tradition. About 50 stores and families are participating, and their dolls have been put on display. In addition to the Asada sisters's dolls, Miki Ando's dolls and former speed skater Ikue Teshigawara's dolls are also on display. flower

There's also the figure skating photo exhibit going on in Nagoya too (see a pic of Akiko Suzuki checking out the exhibit here) - wow, I wish I could be there to check it out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Typically Japanese households celebrate Hinamatsuri (Doll Festival/Girls' Day) on March 3rd, and girls put out dolls that represent the emperor and empress and their court.

We actually learnt about this custom in Japanese class when I was in the fifth grade! This is fascinating stuff. Do Japanese girls get these dolls as a gift from their parents, or are they given by other relatives as well? For that matter, is it inappropriate to have a set of these dolls if you're not Japanese?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Do Japanese girls get these dolls as a gift from their parents, or are they given by other relatives as well? For that matter, is it inappropriate to have a set of these dolls if you're not Japanese?
I never really thought about that...I wouldn't consider it inappropriate, although it's definitely not typical for a non-Japanese person to purchase hina-dolls/ningyo. The doll display themselves are also on the pricey side (the ones with multiple layers/tiers especially) so it's not uncommon for families to pass down a hina-ningyo set from one generation to the next, or receive one from relatives as a gift like you predicted, chineseteacup.

The three-layered set I had as a child was originally my grandparents' (on my father's side). Not the most fancy hina-ningyo display out there, but it works! Razz
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm

[quote="clovera"]
chineseteacup wrote:

The three-layered set I had as a child was originally my grandparents' (on my father's side). Not the most fancy hina-ningyo display out there, but it works! Razz

That sounds so beautiful! The most fancy ones are not always the most beautiful...but the ones with the most memories are Very Happy
That is a great family tradition, too! I am not Japanese, and I don't have a set so I must envy you a little Wink
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

does someone know when Mao is arriving in LA??
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
sky

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:40 pm

I remember that I read a airticle which Mao would depart on March 23. If my memory is right, Mao will arrive in LA on March 22?

If this infomation is wrong, I am very sorry.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 pm

sky wrote:
I remember that I read a airticle which Mao would depart on March 23. If my memory is right, Mao will arrive in LA on March 22?

If this infomation is wrong, I am very sorry.

sky - I also read an article that said that Mao was leaving on March 23, so she should be in LA on the same day. I will be looking for her at practices and I'll let you all know when I see her!! flower
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
sky - I also read an article that said that Mao was leaving on March 23, so she should be in LA on the same day. I will be looking for her at practices and I'll let you all know when I see her!! flower
That will be greatly appreciated Batsuchan! Other members of the forum who are at World are more than welcome to give us the inside scoop too! Wink
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:08 am

I found this really funny video about Mao, a fan video made to support Mao's competition in LA next week. V. V. V. FUNNY~~~~

Even though the whole "interference in practices" fiasco has basically turned into a bashing war between fans online, especially on YT, it' great that we could still find great stuff on it.

Take a look if u feel like having a good laugh (Kudos to the person who made the video~):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_qSTJ8nP4
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:11 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
I found this really funny video about Mao, a fan video made to support Mao's competition in LA next week. V. V. V. FUNNY~~~~

Even though the whole "interference in practices" fiasco has basically turned into a bashing war between fans online, especially on YT, it' great that we could still find great stuff on it.

Take a look if u feel like having a good laugh (Kudos to the person who made the video~):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_qSTJ8nP4

Hahahahha! thank you for posting this link !
I had a good laugh!
I cross my finger for Mao. She deserves only GOLD !
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:24 am

THIS is what I call good journalism:cheers

"Mao Asada, Kim Yu-Na jump for joy, and more" Dance
[url]
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-elliott-kim-yu-na-mao-asada23-2009mar23,0,6342006.column?page=1&track=rss[/url]

I love the balanced view the author took on Mao and Yuna's expression of artistry, giving props to both skaters for improving. Most of all, it is great to know that these two skaters are enjoying their skates and the relationship they have with each other.

These two top caliber skaters may not be very close friends due to the language barrier and on-going tension for the gold in the upcoming Worlds and Olympics, but they surely are NOT hostile or envious with each other. (people who are eagerly searching for villains in this friendly rivalry should reeeaaally stop now)Lips sealed Mad

Quotes in the article:

Quote :
Asada said she is more focused on evolving than on repeating as champion.

"I do not feel much pressure," she said. "Sometimes I try not to think that I won the title last year, so that I never forget the challenge. I want to concentrate on my performance and try my best to get the best score of the season."

Glad to know that Mao's loving the step sequence~~

Quote :
"Since Tatiana started choreographing and coaching me, my favorite part in my program became the step sequence, not only jumps anymore," Asada said via e-mail.

I wish Mao every success in achieving her personal goal - attain her personal best in the competition. Hoping to see her smile soon in LA. Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
THIS is what I call good journalism:cheers

"Mao Asada, Kim Yu-Na jump for joy, and more" Dance
[url]
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-elliott-kim-yu-na-mao-asada23-2009mar23,0,6342006.column?page=1&track=rss[/url]

I love the balanced view the author took on Mao and Yuna's expression of artistry, giving props to both skaters for improving. Most of all, it is great to know that these two skaters are enjoying their skates and the relationship they have with each other.

Oh yes, this is a truly delightful article. Thank you very much for sharing this with us Thank you!
I also love the fact that the author points out what figure skating should be about. Joy, fun and entertainment <3
And I love even more the fact that he treats Yu-Na and Mao as equal skaters. Because I think that's what they are. Both have amazing artistry - it's so good to finally read that. I can't stand those who complain about Mao not having any artistry or transitions in her program.
Artistry doesn't only mean good facial expressions, it's the whole body moving to the music! And I think that's something Yu-Na and Mao both do very well Wub
And of course both are great jumpers - an awesome balance and I really can't wait for Friday <3 This is going to be so exciting!
I of course hope Mao will be able to defend her title, you go girl Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Mao's first day in Chukyo University!!! cat

video news
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00152223.html

You can see Takahito Mura and Rumi Suizu in this too.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 pm

coconut wrote:

video news

Dance congratulations Mao, wow, they looks so formal for the first day Thumbs up! .
I remember my first day wear jeans, sneakers, and I lost Bawling in the campus and I wasn´t to welcome I start crying and got sleep on a bank of the garden Embarassed
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 pm

coconut wrote:
video news

Mao is dressed up because it's the commencement ceremony for the new academic year. cat So it looks like Mao chose to major/focus on sports psychology after all - I hope she enjoys learning about it, and applying it for next season. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 pm

coconut wrote:

video news

Mao looks so great in this video!
Thanks for the link! Smile
Back to top Go down
angelberry

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 am

Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 am

We never need to dress up in suits for our commencement assembly at my uni. Just no flip-flops. Cool

Thanks for the clip again angelberry!! Very Happy

The ISU world team trophy competition is coming up in two weeks time. I heard the Most countries, like USA, Canada and France are going to send their A team. Heard that Evan, Joubert, Virtue/Moir, etc are all going.

I still have a chance to watch Mao skate this season's SP and FS again! cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
We never need to dress up in suits for our commencement assembly at my uni. Just no flip-flops. Cool

Thanks for the clip again angelberry!! Very Happy

The ISU world team trophy competition is coming up in two weeks time. I heard the Most countries, like USA, Canada and France are going to send their A team. Heard that Evan, Joubert, Virtue/Moir, etc are all going.

I still have a chance to watch Mao skate this season's SP and FS again! cheers
Russian skaters are also coming Very Happy Official website http://www.figurewtt.jp/index_en.html
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:48 am

clovera wrote:
Mao is dressed up because it's the commencement ceremony for the new academic year. cat So it looks like Mao chose to major/focus on sports psychology after all - I hope she enjoys learning about it, and applying it for next season. Very Happy

Honestly I couldn't tell Mao was wearing a suit until they showed her full-length figure! I was like, why is Mao wearing skating clothes (black top and a black jacket) while everyone else is wearing suits?! Hell, no!

The mob of people trying to get at Mao, and the people pushing them away, also made me ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:54 am

WOW, Mao looks stylish ! I've never seen her wearing heels before.
Watching the video, it just makes me cry....I guess I'm not over the shock from Worlds (and mad about what JSF told Mao today)...Who said Mao is not mentally strong ? if I were her, I wouldn't be able to put on a big smile in front of the camera like her.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 am

Mao looks great! I hope she enjoys herself at her Uni. flower

Quote :
We never need to dress up in suits for our commencement assembly at my uni.

At our Uni we do dress up for the commencement ceremony (the Head Officials are even wearing full regalia). Laughing We also have to dress up for all oral exams... It's a real bother in the summer, because we sweat not only because we are nervous, but also because we are too hot in the suits. Laugh
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

Okami wrote:
Mao looks great! I hope she enjoys herself at her Uni. flower

Quote :
We never need to dress up in suits for our commencement assembly at my uni.

At our Uni we do dress up for the commencement ceremony (the Head Officials are even wearing full regalia). Laughing We also have to dress up for all oral exams... It's a real bother in the summer, because we sweat not only because we are nervous, but also because we are too hot in the suits. Laugh

I know that feeling - sweating under my suits. I was taking graduation photos with my suit and the whole rob on right under the sun. Cool At the end of the day, my feet hurt from the heels and my back is covered with sweat. Not really a nice feeling. Hohoho. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQXWbWz9-o
Here is a part of her press conference. It was so funny when she said that she wanted to learn to make manicure and pedicure!! ahaha
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Mao news   Recent Mao news - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Mao news
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next