Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova

Go down 
+2
polosatik
Okami
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Empty
PostSubject: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

It was translated by TAHbKA and posted on FSU:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64184

Tatiana talked about Mao:
Quote :
V: We already spoke about it at the Olympics in Turino. You said than that you had to stop your work with Arakawa because felt you were out of patience as a coach. Now you are working with another Japanese skater - Mao Asada. How serious is it?
TAT: I work less with Mao than I worked with Shizouka, but that's only because of my family situation. My relatives are ill. I can't be in Japan all the time. Mao spent the whole summer here in Moscow. Her short programme was made in Canada where she went to work with Lory Nickol, and well, I consider that programme a huge achievement for a choreographer.
I did the long programme. The decision to put two 3A was mine. The first skates, especially of the jumps - Asada did with me. When I realized she is capable to do both axel jumps without damaging the other elements we decided to leave them in the programme.
Now my assistant - Zhanna Folle works with Asada in Japan. We talk every day so I know what's going on. I come there as often as I can and I try to come with Asada to the competitions.

V: Does Japan federation control your work? Do they interfere?
TAT:As far as I know the switching coaches decision was of Asada herself. Together with her mother and her manager. When they turned to me I demanded a skillful translator and a Japanese coach on speed-strength. Both demands were satisfied.

I really liked the interview. There were many parts that impressed me; it seem that TAT is a really strong and passionate lady, but very caring at the same time.

One of my favourite parts: "We should work together, and not fight." Thumbs up!

I thought it was very classy of Tatiana to praise Lori's choreography. I admit I'm very upset by the bashing of the choreographers that seems to be popular on some forums (and broadcasting stations). Especially since the arguments used by the criticizers are, in my opinion, ridiculous, outdated or both. Lips sealed Kudos to Tatiana for being able to praise another choreographer working with her skater! Thumbs up!

And, of course, it was great to read that thanks to Zhanna TAT is able to watch over Mao's training even when Mao stays in Japan and Tatiana - in Russia. Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:09 am

Very pleasent interview, I adore this woman. Agree with every point Yep! And for someone who thinks that TAT isn't good for Mao,should remember what programs she'd made Cloud 9 Love her. She's perfect coach for Mao.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Okami! Thank you!

A lovely article...I Love Hearts TAT!!

I agree that it's classy of her to praise Lori Nichol's choreography. Thumbs up! But I guess it's not the first time - I think she was very impressed by the step sequence in Fantasie-Impromptu, at least in the commentary for the 2007 GPF (which summervie was so nice to translate for us Worship).

I'm also glad that Zhanna is in Japan with Mao. Very Happy

I have a question for the Russian speakers - does she really refer to Mao as "Asada"? Or was that just the translation?
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up Okami! Thank you!

A lovely article...I Love Hearts TAT!!

I agree that it's classy of her to praise Lori Nichol's choreography. Thumbs up! But I guess it's not the first time - I think she was very impressed by the step sequence in Fantasie-Impromptu, at least in the commentary for the 2007 GPF (which summervie was so nice to translate for us Worship).

I'm also glad that Zhanna is in Japan with Mao. Very Happy

I have a question for the Russian speakers - does she really refer to Mao as "Asada"? Or was that just the translation?
First time then she was talking about Shizuka she called Mao- Mao Laughing and in the last topic Asada...
In Russia coaches in interviews,usually call their students by their surnames Wink
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:21 am

polosatik wrote:

First time then she was talking about Shizuka she called Mao- Mao Laughing and in the last topic Asada...
In Russia coaches in interviews,usually call their students by their surnames Wink

Ah ok! Thanks polosatik! flower
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 am

Great interview! flower

Great to know that Tatiana has an eye on Mao (through Zhanna) even when they are in different countries! cheers
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:18 am

Fascinating read - it's always very interesting to read things from a coach's perspective, isn't it? Very Happy Ditto on Tat being very gracious about other choreographers and her thoughts on "cooperation" between nations.

I do wonder about the translator though. I haven't seen her since TEB, and I've kept presuming Zhanna sort of fills in that role of bridging the communication gap between Mao and Tat (which seems to be getting narrower as time goes by). Question
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:07 pm

i saw the same translator of TEB in the GPF in a video of backstage, i am almost sure.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 pm

clovera wrote:

I do wonder about the translator though. I haven't seen her since TEB, and I've kept presuming Zhanna sort of fills in that role of bridging the communication gap between Mao and Tat (which seems to be getting narrower as time goes by). Question

I was wondering about this myself!

I think you're probably right that Zhanna helps bridge the gap, but I also think that after TEB, TAT and Mao realized that talking directly to each other, even in broken English, helps them to get on the same wavelength. It seems like TAT and Mao have become more in-synch since TEB...

And if Mao can learn some Russian like she wants to, that would probably help too! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova   A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A great interview with Tatiana Tarasova
Page 1 of 1