Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tatiana Tarasova's interview

Go down 
+4
snowdrops24
sumin
☆Genie
summervie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

Tatiana Tarasova's interview Empty
PostSubject: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

A translation of the post-CoR TAT's interview, taken by one famous Russian journalist, with a couple of her (journalist's) personal remarks in the beginning.

"...But much more dissapointing it was for Asada. A skater, who objectively has the most unique in its complexity program, once again couldn't handle the two 3axels and took the fifth place.

Frankly speaking, the technical panel that worked during the ladies' short program, in their treatment of Mao has behaved like pigs (a Russian idiom; means that the technical panel behaved without much dignity). There's a point in the rules that recommends to resolve all questionable moments in behalf of an athlete who takes a great risk. The combo with a 3A in the short program falls exactly under such definition. Mao made a bad 3A attempt, opened up in two rotations and landed her jump facing forward. In other words, we can't talk about any two and a half rotations (that were counted by the technical panel) there.

This fact was crucial: if the axel had been counted like a single, the total score of Mao would've been around 56-57 points. Therefore, she would've placed among the leaders, and quite possibly, would've gone out to skate on Saturday in a completely different mood. But since the first axel was counted as double, for the second similar jump Mao was harshly punished - got "zero".

The blow's turned out to be fatal. After her Friday skate, it could be seen that Asada was in a deep shock. In the same stance she came to the practice the next day. And only then, the cruelest pressure and the sleepless night gave their results - Mao burst into tears that couldn't be stopped during a long time."

(The continuation is to follow.)
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 pm

TAT: I think one of the problems also was in the fact that Mao didn't have time to rest between the two competitons. I knew that to skate such difficult programs, having for rest mere 4 days, would be very difficult. That's why I asked the Japanese federation so that they didn't assign Mao for two Grand-Prix in a row. But in Japan they decided differently, without giving any explanations for such a decision. Moreover, just before TEB Mao had to participate in another tournament, which she couldn't decline due to the clauses in her contract with IMG.
Naturally that now to all this there were added very difficult moral conditions.

Q: Maybe it would be reasonable to get rid of the 3A in the short program, or of one of the two axels in the free skate?

TAT: Mao doesn't want this. In fact, I don't want too. Because I know how Mao can skate these programs at her practices. When she does all those jumps, the overall impression of the program becomes indescribably great. In this case it will be impossible to beat her, because the rest (of the elements) she won't lose to anyone. This program is made for the sake of the elements. When they are there, the effect that this program generates is greatly multiplied. But when there's no jumps, there's no impression. Moreover, in this case (when there's no jumps) the program looks worse than if we had some program with not so powerful music. Maybe we indeed will leave in the free skate just one 3A - the second one will be changed with the combo of two triples. I think about this now.

Q: I've heard your talk with the Japanese journalists. Do you feel pressured with their opinion, that Mao should get rid of axels, change the music, the costumes?

TAT: Me - no. If I decide to change the program, I won't ask anyone. Just will change it, and that's it, like once have changed for Yagudin 10 days prior to the Worlds. But the Japanese federation - they undoubtly take into consideration the opinion of the press. To be constantly in some doubts - this is in their nature overall. Rolling Eyes

Q: And what if they take the decision to change you for another coach?

TAT: I was hired not by the federation, but by Mao herself. I'm not afraid to lose this job. This is not that kind of bread that one gets out of nothing. But a very hard work. That gets even more difficult given the fact that I can't be with her all the time. Moreover, we communicate not directly, but through another person (tanslator). And still, I really want to give this girl all I can.

Q: Aren't you afraid that Mao will break under the pressure from outside and also will fall into doubts?

TAT: Mao inside is a very strong athlete. She has her own opinion, she can stand for it no matter what other people say. She is strong, in general. And that's why I believe that she will successfully come through everything.

http://www.velena.ru/skating/comp/2009/GP2009_2610.html
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

summervie wrote:
TAT: I think one of the problems also was in the fact that Mao didn't have time to rest between the two competitons. I knew that to skate such difficult programs, having for rest mere 4 days, would be very difficult. That's why I asked the Japanese federation so that they didn't assign Mao for two Grand-Prix in a row. But in Japan they decided differently, without giving any explanations for such a decision. Moreover, just before TEB Mao had to participate in another tournament, which she couldn't decline due to the clauses in her contract with IMG.
Naturally that now to all this there were added very difficult moral conditions.

Q: Maybe it would be reasonable to get rid of the 3A in the short program, or of one of the two axels in the free skate?

TAT: Mao doesn't want this. In fact, I don't want too. Because I know how Mao can skate these programs at her practices. When she does all those jumps, the overall impression of the program becomes indescribably great. In this case it will be impossible to beat her, because the rest (of the elements) she won't lose to anyone. This program is made for the sake of the elements. When they are there, the effect that this program generates is greatly multiplied. But when there's no jumps, there's no impression. Moreover, in this case (when there's no jumps) the program looks worse than if we had some program with not so powerful music. Maybe we indeed will leave in the free skate just one 3A - the second one will be changed with the combo of two triples. I think about this now.

Q: I've heard your talk with the Japanese journalists. Do you feel pressured with their opinion, that Mao should get rid of axels, change the music, the costumes?

TAT: Me - no. If I decide to change the program, I won't ask anyone. Just will change it, and that's it, like once have changed for Yagudin 10 days prior to the Worlds. But the Japanese federation - they undoubtly take into consideration the opinion of the press. To be constantly in some doubts - this is in their nature overall. Rolling Eyes

Q: And what if they take the decision to change you for another coach?

TAT: I was hired not by the federation, but by Mao herself. I'm not afraid to lose this job. This is not that kind of bread that one gets out of nothing. But a very hard work. That gets even more difficult given the fact that I can't be with her all the time. Moreover, we communicate not directly, but through another person (tanslator). And still, I really want to give this girl all I can.

Q: Aren't you afraid that Mao will break under the pressure from outside and also will fall into doubts?

TAT: Mao inside is a very strong athlete. She has her own opinion, she can stand for it no matter what other people say. She is strong, in general. And that's why I believe that she will successfully come through everything.

http://www.velena.ru/skating/comp/2009/GP2009_2610.html

I don't think Mao will be impossible to beat, no one is impossible to beat, but if she hits her bells program with a very creative spiral position of a bell (PLEASE Laughing ) She will be very very HARD to beat.

Tatiana....please give Mao all you can! She needs to overcome this obstacle! Hope tatiana can pull another ilia kluik here. Smile
Back to top Go down
sumin

sumin

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Very strong article. Thank you for the translation Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow, thank you so much for summervie, for the translation. You rock!!

I think it is wonderful to see a coach support an athlete the way Tat does. I do believe that Tat has consented to coaching Mao because she is simply wowed by the great talent before her and wants to do what she can to help this talent grow and blossom.

From the recent interviews with Tat and Mao, I've noticed that it is fairly clear that the way Mao splits her time between Russia and Japan has indeed affected the quality of training Tat is able to offer. Because sometimes, the communication barrier can be overcome with time. But I am sure that Mao and her family must have made the decision after considering many other factors that we, as fans, may never know or understand.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Thank you so much for the translation, summervie! Worship

I'm glad to hear that TAT thinks that deep down, Mao is very strong. That's what I think too. Tatiana Tarasova's interview 92512

TAT may be right that 'Bells' will be amazing if Mao lands the jumps, and looks empty without them, but couldn't Mao make a program with lighter music amazing too? Hmm... Tatiana Tarasova's interview Suspect

If only we could email her some of the pretty fan vid programs people have made!

No matter what happens, I hope that Mao and TAT are able to stay on good terms, because seeing them interact (big hug!) always warms my heart! (Tatiana Tarasova's interview 420949)
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for the translation!

I sincerely hope that Tat will continue to support and believe in Mao- she really needs someone like that right now.

This interview really helped clarify Tat's intentions- I was getting a little dubious and slightly angry after reading her previous translated interview :S I was worried she didn't want to take responsibility for Mao anymore, but it's good that it's not the case!

I agree with Tat, Bells with the jumps is a very different Bells. It's not entirely to do with the jumps either, it's Mao's mood- she puts in more passion when she hits her jumps b/c she seems to feel more powerful. At the CoR- after the first 2 axels, it seemed that her program sort of winded down to this depressing presentation b/c that's what she was feeling at the time Sad

And arrgh...I didn't know it was JSF's idea to do the back to back competitions! I thought it was Tat herself... If Mao didn't have to do 2 comps in a row, everything may be different, but things happen for a reason- she can rest a bit now.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 am

Thanks for the translations, summervie! Smile

At least now we have TAT's view of the matter and that it was the JSF's decision for Mao to compete back to back.

I love these quotes from Tat:
And still, I really want to give this girl all I can.
She is strong, in general. And that's why I believe that she will successfully come through everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

Thank you Summervie!!
Yes, I was surprised to read that back to back comp was JSF's idea and not Mao and TAT's. ...we can't always trust the news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tatiana Tarasova's interview   Tatiana Tarasova's interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tatiana Tarasova's interview
Page 1 of 1