Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's Moves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Lately, I have been hearing a lot of different names for moves that are signature to Mao~
Some of them are well-thought out, and some of them are just a little silly sounding. Some include:

Maople Axel
- Not sure who thought of this one, but I have heard it used to describe Mao's triple axles since she performs them beautifully, and she is the only woman to put 2 of them in one program. Maople sounds really cute but it reminds me of 'Maple' like the syrup Woot!

Maonut Spin - referring to Mao's superb donut spins. Not sure of the source of this one either. xD This one just sounds funny, but her donut spins do seem to deserve their own name. I am serious, too, I really heard this one being used! Boogie

Just wondering if anyone heard any interesting Mao move names, or if anyone came up with their own!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm

The Maonut is definitely something I've heard a few times, and I personally love the variation too! I love you

It's really impressive how Mao continues to improve all aspects of her skating - her spins now are much better centered and faster when compared to before.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Maople axel is cute! Love Hearts

I have to admit that when I think of donut spins, though, I think of Yukari Nakano...but I do think Mao has the best/most beautiful Biellman - she really gets her leg completely straight, it's just amazing! WOW!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Biellmao spin~
I think that is catchy Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Maople axel is cute! Love Hearts

I have to admit that when I think of donut spins, though, I think of Yukari Nakano...but I do think Mao has the best/most beautiful Biellman - she really gets her leg completely straight, it's just amazing! WOW!

ITA. The most famous and best donut is Yukaris, no question. I think she deserves her own name for this one Smile
And you are right, Maos Biellman is the best I've seen so far. It's unbelievable, but she actually improved it furthermore.
I think her improvement is well shown in the challange evolution vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-9fg-KrME
Well centered, perfect stretch and just goodlooking. Physically the length of her legs is just perfect for this move Cheering Wub
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mao's Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Moves   Mao's Moves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's Moves
Page 1 of 1