Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~

Go down 
+6
hirahira
ClairDeMao
kirakira
getmewild
snowdrops24
Batsuchan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Empty
PostSubject: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Seriously, I cannot get over the whole ~Taka-chan~ bit. Hell, no! And since Mao said it in such an adorable way, I'm going to keep writing it as ~Taka-chan~. Many Hearts

Ok, so onto the article - it looks like it was a pretty long interview with Emi Takeuchi (the news anchor in the fluff piece), and they only showed parts of the interview in the video.

Here it is:
http://www.asahi.com/sports/column/TKY200904140269.html

Takahiko Kozuka (Figure skater) continuing to strive for a quad

By Emi Takeuchi

The first column I am writing is about the hope of Japanese figure skating. He showed me an unexpected side that you would not imagine from his beautiful and powerful performances.

---(While holding his hand) Ah - your hand is thicker than I imagined. It's quite compact, but it has a thickness to it.

Yes, after all, I do need a lot of gripping power.

---In your performances, it seems like your nerves spread through your fingertips; do you train your hands?

I do things like pull-ups.

---Your fingertips have cooled down, but they're warm.

They're warm? I wonder if [it's because] my heart is cold.

---Ha ha ha. That's not true! Have you gotten used to doing interviews?

No, I'm not used to it. Still not…

---This season at Skate America you won your first GP series event. At the Grand Prix Final you were 2nd.

Before the season started, I never thought that I would be able to do performances that satisfied me, let alone achieve such good results at the competitions. When I won Skate America, even I was surprised. I had the feeling that I entered the season on a high. Gradually I became able to control my performances by myself.

---What changed?

The fact that I was able to practice until I felt confident - I think that translated into the competitions.

---Up until now, did you not like to practice?

I had always done just the minimum, but this season, the feeling that "I have to do this" became strong. "I have to work until I get there" - that feeling seized me, and I think it had a big effect. [He said something after the "I have to work until I get there," but not sure how to translate! ]

---Winning Skate America was big.

Yes. I was really happy, so I started thinking, at the next one, and the next one, I want to continue this.

---What has changed since you entered the top group?

You can gain experiences that you can't get from regular practice, so I'm glad I was able to skate in the final group. Even in practice, I pushed my feelings forward strongly, strongly, and I was able to feel this spirit of "I will land that jump here!"

---Will you continue to aim for a quad?

The peak for skaters is 23, 24 years old. I'm still young, so even if I leave it out now, I don't think it will affect my future performances.

---At Worlds, where you placed 6th, you didn't try it.

There are also times when you have to leave it out. It's not good to keep messing it up and lose points. But, fundamentally, I will continue to strive for it. If I am able to land it once, from then on I think it will be easy, so even if it's just once, I want to land it.

---In your opinion, how developed is your quad (how close to completion)?

At the Grand Prix Final, it was underrotated but I didn't fall. At Four Continents, it was rotated but I fell. If I combine the two perfectly, then I think I can land it. Without forgetting the timing, if I can combine the take-off feeling perfectly, then I think I can land it.

---Putting difficult jumps in the second half of the program is quite strenuous, isn't it?

Yes it is. But, if I put in a triple axel around 4 minutes in and I succeed, then I get excited. If the song also gets exciting at exactly the same time, then I feel like the song is saying "Jump here!"

---This season, you're doing training with weights, etc.

The biggest influence has been on my jumps. Up until last season, if I got slightly off-balance, I'd fall or mess it up, but now I can correct it with my own strength.

---Where did you add muscle?

I focused on the lower half of my body. After that, I've been training so that I am conscious of keeping my trunk steady. I think that is the key to being able to land the jump or not if you're off-balance.

*Eating a lot/Forgetting stuff

---By the way, I heard that you are quite a glutton.

I do eat a ton. Yesterday, we went to eat yakiniku [grilled meat], and there were 4 of us but we ordered 12 portions. And I ate most of it.

---Do you like yakiniku?

I eat it very frequently. Sometimes I'll do something like, dinner, lunch, dinner, dinner - eat it for four days straight. I eat it to the point when you can say "Just looking at it makes me feel sick."

---Four days straight! What do you do when you don't feel cheered up/energized even if you eat yakiniku?

To relieve stress I do things like go for karaoke.

---On the day before the competition, do you do things like sing in front of your computer?

Ah, well, when I get nervous, I feel like it's hard to breathe, so if I sing, I feel like I can breathe…but that's just my explanation.

---What do you sing?

My repertoire is pretty large. To the point that I don't have a specialty [literally, "number 18"]. If I sing GReeeeN's songs, I feel like it sounds good.

---I heard that your room is messy…

Yes, very much so. But when I feel like it, I make it very neat. But if I don't feel like it, then things steadily pile up. Always keeping it neat is impossible.

---What about at the hotels for the competition?

That is difficult situation. When two of us share a room, I use about two-thirds of it. But I clean it up soon.

---Do you cook for yourself?

I can make things like curry. I also have made stuff after watching the things you can cook quickly in your show "The apron of love".

---Thank you very much. Has it been a good reference?

Yes it has.

---I heard that you forget a lot of things.

It's an everyday occurrence. There have been times when I've forgotten my costume and had to run back to the stadium to pick it up. Then I use up my strength and the competition gets all thrown off.

*Making medals into decoration

---Your costumes are very simple.

To stand out from the other skaters, or because the other skaters are very flashy, in contrast, the goal was to not stand out. Also, this season I was able to stand on the podium, and wearing a medal is the best decoration, I think…

---On the 16th, the World Team Trophy will start.

It's a team competition, so I can't make mistakes. I want to earn enough points so that the ladies who skate after me can be relaxed.

---What kind of skate will you do?

Without fearing mistakes, I want to skate with a fighting spirit [aggressively]. The quad - when the competition starts I'll decide what to do.

---What is your goal after this?

First, to win the World Team Trophy. After that I have to practice so that I can go to next year's Vancouver Olympics.

---What is your image of the Olympics?

Even skaters who never make mistakes make mistakes [at the Olympics]. I think it's a place where you feel extremely nervous. It's a place where you can't say "never."

---And the quad?

Not just the quad, but if I can give a good performance, I'll be happy.

The performance and the true face: the gap between the two is charming

{Postscript} On the ice, the Kozuka who plays Romeo with his bangs slicked back. At the competitions, it seems he gels his hair so that "even if it's just a little bit, they look like they're facing up." His true face is a charming 20-year old young man who leaves his bangs down and laughs about stories about karaoke and cooking. The good manners to greet and bow to each and every one of us, and the carelessness to forget his costume at the competition. I was fascinated by that gap, and also comforted. Let's look forward to his performances at the World Figure Skating Team Trophy that starts on the 16th (broadcast on TV Asahi).

Takahiko Kozuka Born in Nagoya city, 20 years old. Toyota Motors member. He started skating at age 5 and won the World Junior Championships in 2006. His father, Tsuguhiko, represented Japan at the 1968 Grenoble Winter Olympics. His grandfather and his mother, Sachiko, were also former skaters. 170 cm, 61 kilograms.

The yakiniku part made me ROTFLMAO I didn't realize ~Taka-chan~ was such a yakiniku fan. [Or maybe it's because Mao is? ]

I'm guessing Mao, Miki, ~Taka-chan~ and Nobu all went for yakiniku together?? How fun! Wub

But after reading this, I'm really like, "Gahhhh!!! I really should have gone to that Korean restaurant in the Wilshire Grand! I bet I would've seen Kozu and Mao eating yakiniku there!!!" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:45 am

Since there's already a thread for "Taka-chan" interviews, I'll post a new one here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGrAZoBrrDA Cool

I *think* it mentions Taka-chan's idea of an ideal girlfriend. cheers Yeah, all hopes are not lost - he does not have a GF yet! Razz lol! There is still hope that one day, we may see Taka-chan and Mao together. Laughing Laugh
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:01 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
Since there's already a thread for "Taka-chan" interviews, I'll post a new one here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGrAZoBrrDA Cool

I *think* it mentions Taka-chan's idea of an ideal girlfriend. cheers Yeah, all hopes are not lost - he does not have a GF yet! Razz lol! There is still hope that one day, we may see Taka-chan and Mao together. Laughing Laugh

Thanks for the link snowdrops24!! Thank you!

They talked about a lot of stuff and quickly, so I'm not going to try and translate fully, but here are some highlights:

Arrow Yes, they did ask him if he has a girlfriend, and he said no. They asked him if he would prefer a skater or a non-skater, and he said that his grandfather would prefer a skater, but for him, either is fine. Though if he wants to make his kids skate, then it's probably better to marry a skater. Very Happy

Arrow According to the big relationship diagram thing in the beginning, Taka-chan's grandfather, Mitsuhiko Kozuka, taught Machiko Yamada (Mao's former coach) and Yuko Monna (Miki's jump coach; one of Mao's first coaches).

Arrow The diagram also shows that Mao is "like his little sister," and he calls Miki "Oneechan" = older sister. Miki and Mao call him Taka-chan because they called him that since they were kids and now it's strange to call him something else. He once called Miki, "Ando-san," and she said, "It sounds weird, so stop that!"

Arrow They say that he is called a "natural airhead." (Which is how people somehow describe Mao. Hell, no!) The example he gives is that he put coffee beans instead of instant coffee in his curry once, and it wouldn't dissolve at all. lol!

Arrow They talk about how he loves yakiniku. (Just like someone else we know...And apparently Miki Ando too!)

Arrow At the end, he says they were able to get 3 spots for the Olympics, so he wants to do his best to get one of those spots.

Taka-chan looked like he was having fun. I love you I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't ask Taka-chan about Mao or Miki directly, though - it would've been fun if talked about his impressions of them!

I wonder if they will ask Mao about Taka-chan! THAT will certainly be entertaining!!! flower
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:11 am

such a cute personality! =D

Mao and Taka-chan would make a perfect couple!

TAKAMAO FEVER!
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm

(Well, I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but since Taka-chan is one of my favorites of the skaters involved, I thought I'd post it here...Sweatdrop)

Taka-chan and Mai and Akiko Suzuki and some other people performed in the Prince Ice World in Toyohashi over the weekend. flower

Here is a pic of Taka-chan, Shizuka Arakawa and Takahito Mura:
http://www.shizuka-arakawa.com/photolog/photo.php?id=78

And here's a pic of Shizuka with "Taka" and "Akko" and Seki-kun (?? not sure how to read this) from some restaurant - this was after the first day's show:
http://www.shizuka-arakawa.com/photolog/photo.php?id=77

So I guess Shizuka calls Kozuka "Taka-chan" too! Razz
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Interview with Taka-chan on today's "Chukkyo Figure" corner!! flower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7NBOx1r9BA

0:22
The prince on ice, Takahiko Kozuka! Hell, no!
In the last season, which deserves big applause, he placed 2nd at Japan Nationals and competed in his second World Championships.

0:37
However, in order to secure 3 spots for the Olympics, he left out the quad that he wanted to do.

0:46
Honda: Was there some kind of conflict between the need to secure 3 spots for the Olympics and your desire to try the quad?
Kozuka: Yes there was. This whole season, I have been challenging myself with the quad, and I did feel like, "I want to do it," but after all, there are times when you need to avoid it, so I did a double axel instead.

1:21
Thanks to Kozuka, Japan secured 3 spots for the Olympics. Now, in order to get one of those spots, Kozuka is working on improving his power of expression.

[Hmm, that sounds like Mao. ]

[On-screen question: What do you think of when you think of the power of expression?]
Kozu: Rather than emotions or dramatic-ness, I think of expressing the sound--using techniques to represent each and every sound. If I can do a performance that moves the audience when they see that, I think that would be good.

1:55
Here, if we ask about his hobby, karaoke...

Kozuka: I like Masaharu Fukuyama quite a bit.
Honda: Among Fukuyama's songs, what's your specialty?
Kozuka: Hmm....'Sou'
Off-screen: Can you give us one phrase?
Kozuka: Eh?!
Honda: What is it like?
[On-screen: He is ready and willing to sing.]

2:27
[on-screen: practicing in his head]

Kozuka: Dokomademo utsukushikute, dokonimo nai sekai no koto [ugh, hard to translate - something like, 'a world that does not exist, that is beautiful anywhere']

2:44
Honda: I got it! You're good at singing too, aren't you?
Kozuka: No, not really. [On-screen: Modest]

3:06
Guy: He is really good at singing too, isn't he? And mischevious.
Honda: Yes, he is doing things like karaoke and bowling during the off-season to refresh himself. The issues that he said he needs to work on for the Olympics are improving the accuracy of his quad and putting steps between his jumps. That's what he's challenging himself with.

Ok, I translated this a little less carefully than I usually do - a little more paraphrasing than usual... Sweatdrop

While doing this, I realized that Mao talks in a very clear, straightforward fashion in her interviews! In comparison, she is really easy to translate! (Or maybe I care more, so I make the effort? confused ) But she has had a lot more practice with the media than Kozuka. Maybe she can give him pointers! Hell, no!

When Taka-chan was talking about expression, it sounds like he is talking about what I would call 'musicality.' I think that's EXTREMELY important. Give me good musicality over forced expression any day! Thumbs up! (But yet again, here's another point in common with Mao - since she is the queen of expressing the music, the sound, with her body!! Many Hearts )

ETA Here's the song that Kozu was talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVB6eJhHqO0

And here's an old song by Fukuyama that is one of my faves of his (keep in mind that I haven't listened to J-POP in YEARS!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajMmys05h-U
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Thank you so much for translating those interviews with Taka-chan, Batsuchan !

Since I'm a Mao/Taka shipper like many of you, I wonder if they're saying something interesting in this interview. Anyone who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomBF2WBMnw
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:24 pm

ClairDeMao wrote:
Thank you so much for translating those interviews with Taka-chan, Batsuchan !

Since I'm a Mao/Taka shipper like many of you, I wonder if they're saying something interesting in this interview. Anyone who knows?

Ooohooohooh - that is a TREASURE!! I will be happy to translate (eventually), and I'll put it in the K+M thread! Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
hirahira

hirahira

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:44 pm

ClairDeMao wrote:

They are so adorable together. I couldn't understand much of what they were saying though.
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:06 am

Quote :

Ooohooohooh - that is a TREASURE!! I will be happy to translate (eventually), and I'll put it in the K+M thread! Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_cheers

Is there a Mao + Taka tread in this forum? I must have missed it!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:33 pm

ClairDeMao wrote:
Quote :

YES!! Check out the Secret Sources forum! Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Herz
Back to top Go down
freesia

freesia

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
ClairDeMao wrote:
Quote :

YES!! Check out the Secret Sources forum! Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Herz

i like mao and taka-chan! they are so cute Love Hearts

Batsuchan, where is the thread in this forum?? i cant find it..
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:00 pm

freesia wrote:

i like mao and taka-chan! they are so cute Love Hearts

Batsuchan, where is the thread in this forum?? i cant find it..

Like I said, the SECRET stuff on our wonderful forum is top secret... Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_wink

I think you should have access though! Try PM-ing the moderators--like z4mboni or Genie or Oscilla.
Back to top Go down
freesia

freesia

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:44 am

Thank you Batsuchan Very Happy
I try to send pm!! hope I can access!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Ok everyone! Here are a few Taka-chan related tidbits that I've found recently!

Arrow First of all, what in the world is he wearing here??? Suspect confused
http://www.aera-net.jp/latest/backdetail.html?id=168

I'm trying to guess what Mao's reaction was when she saw this picture. Here's what I'm thinking, either she
1) Burst out laughing
2) Thought that Taka-chan looked really cool (yes, we all love Mao, but fashion-sense is not exactly her strong point...remember that outfit she picked out for herself when she went on that shopping trip on TV?)
3) Didn't recognize that it was Taka-chan

Hell, no!

Arrow Here's a long interview with Yuka Sato where she talks a lot about Taka:
http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011yukasato

Arrow And here is an interview of Taka-chan by Mai!! cheers
http://chubu.yomiuri.co.jp/tokushu/supotomo/supotomo110116_1.htm

I will translate the rest later, but I just have to share what Mai says at the very end!

In the last paragraph, she writes, "Even though he's now a champion, nothing has changed. Every time the 3 of us (with Mao) go to eat yakiniku, he cooks the meat for us. In the future, I think he'll be a good father. At Worlds in March, a double win with Mao---that's what I want to see!"

"Good father" and "double win with Mao", eh?? Seems to me like Mai might just be rooting for Mao and Taka-chan to get together, what do you think?? Hell, no! Who, me? Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 am

I don't think so. She said it neutrally. Taka-chan is so kind that he grilled
Yakiniku for 2 sisters so Mai thought he might be a good father. The next
sentence is just Mai's hope because they both are Mai's nearest persons
and they are so good enough to win World Title together.

I think Mao's mother taught Mai and Mao so well about how they should
behave and give information about the boy named Taka. They don't want
to make any kinds of scandal.
Back to top Go down
dlynndao

dlynndao

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 pm

I love the interview w/ Yuka! I wonder if she'll ever have a chance to choreograph something for Mao?

Here's another interview w/ Taka. Not sure what they're saying, but love that he rides a bicycle (to the rink?)! Didn't know he wore glasses either, very cute Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJ2Y0u7ejk

(Aside: My bf laments that the nice guys never win...but I hope Mao knows better! MAO -- he's right there in front of you!! Razz)
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 am

Batsuchan wrote:

Arrow First of all, what in the world is he wearing here??? Suspect confused
http://www.aera-net.jp/latest/backdetail.html?id=168

Laugh Laugh Laugh That's terrible!!!

Batsuchan wrote:

I'm trying to guess what Mao's reaction was when she saw this picture. Here's what I'm thinking, either she
1) Burst out laughing
2) Thought that Taka-chan looked really cool (yes, we all love Mao, but fashion-sense is not exactly her strong point...remember that outfit she picked out for herself when she went on that shopping trip on TV?)
3) Didn't recognize that it was Taka-chan

i don't remember it scratch What did she wear?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~   Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun interview with ~Taka-chan~
Page 1 of 1