Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2012!

Go down 
+26
ashcroft1086
aoi88
chapis
MaoChan756
inskate
leo
roma
polosatik
☆Genie
Ken Himura
shar
princessinpink
linglang
ElleluvsL
skating_fanatic
swan
zarinaballerina
let`s talk
ballerinamao
Mao2012
dangerous_angel_face
shikure
PochinkoPotanko
Star85
babayaga
Alokya
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Skate America 2012! Empty
PostSubject: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm

As it starts tomorrow, I thought it was time to make a thread for this! Is anybody on here going? Most of the American skaters are already in Seattle!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm

The starting order are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2012/
The men event is insane, I don't know who to cheer for. There are about 7 people who I love and want to do well. It seems I will be heartbroken no matter what Smile In other disciplines at least top 3 are more or less clear, the question is only in which order they'll end up.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 pm

I might still buy tickets. Apparently you can get them for $10 off this one site, but it doesn't tell you where the seats are. I would rather pay more money than just $10 for nosebleed seats...
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:11 am

Someone plz tell me where I can see a live streaming of this competition! Worship

They won't broadcast it in Japan till Monday! Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:55 am

Interview after official practice
◇いい方向に進んでいる
 小塚崇彦 まだ氷に足がついていない。体が浮いていたが、後半は落ち着いて動けていた。いい方向に進んでいると思う。

Taka: He didn't feel the ice yet but felt better later. he thought it gonna be better.

◇感触はいい
 羽生結弦 (ジャンプの)感触はいい。足の筋肉が本調子ではないが、自分がやってきたことを信じて、落ち着いてやりたい。

Hanyu: feel goo but muscle of his feet is not at his best (not in shape) but will be calm and did what he can do

◇準備ができている
 町田樹 今季はしっかり準備ができている。SPもフリーも自信がある作品に仕上がっているので、それをお客さんに伝えたい。

Matsuta: prepared and both SP & FS is what he feels confidence then hope that can deliver to audience.

◇一番いい演技を
 今井遥 全体的に緊張している。表彰台に上がりたい気持ちはあるが、結果ばかり求めず、まずは自分の一番いい演技をしたい。

Haruka: feel nervous and want to on podium. but won't focus on results, will focus on delivering best of the performance.

Both of Taka and Hanyu encountered problem during transportation. Taka's flight delayed 6 hours then Hanyu supposed to arrive at night before but arrived on the day of practice. the only difference is Hanyu wont' have jet-leg but Taka has >"<
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 am

Yay!!! For the ladies, I'm rooting for dear Haruka to do well. I'm also excited about seeing Adelina. (she used to not be my favorite out of the russian prodigies, but she grew on me, and she seems like such a sweet girl)
For the boys, go Taka! Yuzu's statement worries me a little bit, is the muscle thing because of his injury?
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 am

I really want yuzu to win this! And it would be good to see Brezina and/or Verner back to a good shape after their shaky performances at Nebelhorn, JO and Ondrej Nepela... In Ladies, I'm cheering for Adelina and Ashley, and I hope Haruka and Marchei will do well, I want Leonova to be in a place between 5 and 10 (yes, I actually hate her new FS! Razz ), but I know this is just a dream... Laugh
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

i am also rooting for yuzuru and taka to do well, in the ladies i am rooting for haruka...
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 am

Star85, I don't know of the website you are talking about. I am sitting in the $15 which turns into $25 after the fees and stuff. However, because it's the US, I am planning on getting into better seats because nobody will show up.

I actually don't know of any live streams, but make sure you check ontd skating. They tend to have good links and things.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Yay!!! For the ladies, I'm rooting for dear Haruka to do well. I'm also excited about seeing Adelina. (she used to not be my favorite out of the russian prodigies, but she grew on me, and she seems like such a sweet girl)
For the boys, go Taka! Yuzu's statement worries me a little bit, is the muscle thing because of his injury?

I think Hanyu was okay but a little bit tired too ~since he arrived late after being held up in immigration in Toronto (based on twitter of someone nice there) He did great in practice.
Taka was the one not doing good there...but he said he is always feeling like still in the air then will get better after sweating a lot Smile so we will see if that is true. he did sweat a lot in the interview.

Haruka looks more fit than last season and hope everything goes well from her SP.

For live stream, if you have iphone or ipad, you can find app for CCTV5 and eurosport 1 & 2. (information from local forum)

CCTV for ipad & if you search app store, you can find the one for iphone too.
https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/zhong-guo-shou-ji-dian-shi/id488494360?mt=8
CCTV will broadcast men's SP Live

Eurosport (UK)
https://itunes.apple.com/bh/app/thai-tunes-tv-free/id454349366?mt=8

Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
They will. 朝日ニュースター will broadcast LIVE boys and girls, both SP and FS:
10月20日(土)ひる 0:35~(男子ショート)<生中継>
10月21日(日)あさ 4:30~(女子ショート)<生中継>
10月21日(日)午前 11:00~(男子フリー)<生中継>
10月22日(月)あさ 5:15~(女子フリー)<生中継>
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:39 am

Star85 wrote:
I might still buy tickets. Apparently you can get them for $10 off this one site, but it doesn't tell you where the seats are. I would rather pay more money than just $10 for nosebleed seats...

I am paying for the Russian online TV stream - http://tvteka.com/
It is $12 a month, but you can also get a 3-days free trial period. The GP will be live on the channel "Спорт 2" - Sport 2.

ETA: sorry Star85, I was trying to respond to PochinkoPotanko's post and replied to yours accidentally.

Last edited by babayaga on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am

let`s talk wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
They will. 朝日ニュースター will broadcast LIVE boys and girls, both SP and FS:
10月20日(土)ひる 0:35~(男子ショート)<生中継>
10月21日(日)あさ 4:30~(女子ショート)<生中継>
10月21日(日)午前 11:00~(男子フリー)<生中継>
10月22日(月)あさ 5:15~(女子フリー)<生中継>

I know...but it's a CS pay channel. You can't watch it for free. Crying or Very sad

But I'm seriously considering getting cable channels...just have to find a way to convince my husband (who has no interest in almost any sport what so ever, not to mention figure skating). Sometimes, it's really hard for me to remember why the hell I decided to get married. Faint2
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
I really want yuzu to win this! And it would be good to see Brezina and/or Verner back to a good shape after their shaky performances at Nebelhorn, JO and Ondrej Nepela... In Ladies, I'm cheering for Adelina and Ashley, and I hope Haruka and Marchei will do well, I want Leonova to be in a place between 5 and 10 (yes, I actually hate her new FS! Razz ), but I know this is just a dream... Laugh

Me too! Go Yuzu, with Taka in second place. cheers

I think we all know Ashley is going to win this, even if she won't have the best skate, remember Alysa last year? I'm predicting an overscored Alena, unless judges finally saw reason and will give her the score she deserves, which I doubt to be honest. But luckily there's also Adelina the russian prodigy who might "force" the judges to start scoring Alena more reasonably, Worship after all she's suppose to be the next big thing. So Haruka is going to have a very hard time to podium, IMO.

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Sometimes, it's really hard for me to remember why the hell I decided to get married. Faint2

ROTFLMAO This is a good one! Laugh

ETA: I just realized, that Eurosport is showing ladies LP live on sunday, 22.15 CET cheers
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 pm

I think Hanyu was okay but a little bit tired too ~since he arrived late after being held up in immigration in Toronto (based on twitter of someone nice there) He did great in practice.

Oh that's right, I forgot about that.

I was thinking that Seattle, Portland, Vancouver are all citites that have a pretty large number of japanese expats. Maybe they'll go to Skate America and we won't have to see an arena full of empty seats.

Last edited by dangerous_angel_face on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm heading to Seattle right now - sitting in the airport! I will give a full report as to what it was like.

Having lived in the greater Seattle area - yeah, there are a lot of Japanese expats in the Seattle area, but not as many as Korean, Chinese, and Indian expats. To be honest, I don't know too many Japanese people out here, so I don't know that the arena won't be as empty. However, my boyfriend said that the ShoWare center doesn't have the biggest seating accommodations in the world, so it won't look as empty as last year at the very least. That was just sad.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:14 pm

have a good time, alokya! i'm sure many of us can't wait for your report!

where i live, too, there are not many japanese at all. but, many more koreans and filipinos. even where i went to college (i went to a school labeled as the most diverse in the entire country) there was not many japanese. to my understanding, many japanese living in america are found mostly in california and hawaii.
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Alokya wrote:
I'm heading to Seattle right now - sitting in the airport! I will give a full report as to what it was like.

Having lived in the greater Seattle area - yeah, there are a lot of Japanese expats in the Seattle area, but not as many as Korean, Chinese, and Indian expats. To be honest, I don't know too many Japanese people out here, so I don't know that the arena won't be as empty. However, my boyfriend said that the ShoWare center doesn't have the biggest seating accommodations in the world, so it won't look as empty as last year at the very least. That was just sad.

Hope you have lots of fun, Alokya!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 pm

wow someone is fast. i found this on twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1HEaBWec80
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:18 pm

wow, world-record breaking performance from Yuzu Rockstar

Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:18 pm

swan wrote:
yuzu! affraid

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2012/SEG001.HTM

Hey guys! Got to see the live broadcast on cable!!!!! cheers
(My husband allowed me to get cable cause he wanted to see the anime channel... Rolling Eyes )
I was surprised was all you had to do was sign up online and you can see it almost right afterwards. Thumbs up!

So, men's SP just finished and Yuzuru was amazing! Confetti
His 4T and 3As were definitely the best.
Takahiko managed a good skate and landed his quad too, but Yuzuru had much more height and width.
He makes them seem so easy! WOW!
(Orser is really lucky to have him, not vice versa...if Yuzuru goes on like this during the season, his status as a coach is gonna go way up again for sure Laugh )

But I was so sad to see that Jeremy wasn't at his best...but his pro was really cool. Once he gets to stabilize his jumps again, I'm sure it'll knock everyone out. Hope he does better in his FP. Cheering

Anyway, hope you guys all get to see Yuzuru's SP asap! Boogie
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 pm

yuzuru's triple axel is the most amazing i've ever seen! i honestly feel like he could turn it into a quad axel!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm

brian orser is so blessed to have many skating prodigies to coach. first yu-na and now yuzuru! despite all the fuss and drama about yu-na's very public break up with brian, there's no denying that he's a good coach. i wonder if he is still public enemy #1 in south korea.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Wow Yuzu!!
I saw the score first and was puzzled how he garnered such a huge score exceeding Dai's SP score at NHK last season. And I saw YT clip. Wow, wow!! The entrance to 3A is soooooooooo amazing!! 4T looked like a piece of cake for him. I like the transition immediately after the triple combo. His skating has improved a lot although it's not as good as Dai's. I didn't expect he would skate well to this music and I thought he choose wrong music, but it works!! And yes, Orser is really a good coach.

I suppose Taka needs to tweak his SP after this competition. He telegraphs before 3A so I think he needs some more transitions and I'm sure Taka can deal with it.

I'm already looking forward JPN nationals. It will be really, really exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2012!   Skate America 2012! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2012!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next