Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Mao Asada Dream Lab"

Go down 
+12
Oscilla
MaoMaoRevolution
snowdrops24
juliet
jasmintea
summervie
bibi
rosniel
Admin
misokatsu
tianrushui
Batsuchan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

"Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks Oscilla for the link! I love you

bibi wrote:
coconut wrote:

I think Mao dyed her hair a little too. cat

Yes, that's true Razz

I noticed that too in the pics of Mao at the Olympus photoshoot - you can't really tell when she was wearing her hair all slicked back, but in the normal clothes photos, her hair did look lighter. Cute! Wub

I think this is the first clip with recent footage (many of the older Dream Labs were old clips from last season). Basically they were saying that last season, Mao was weak, so they had to work on strengthening her whole body. This season, however, they can focus on exercises that will specifically help her with skating. In particular, for skating, you have to balance on one leg a lot - you jump off of one leg, you do spirals and spins on one leg, so they are working on exercises that strengthen one leg at a time.

Mao says that when they first started, she'd often hurt the next day, and Makino says that they can do strenuous exercises now during the off-season, but during the real season they won't do so much.

Interesting! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 am

Were those new clips, then..? I thought they were taken in the last off-season or earlier (the practice clips at least), because Mao was doing stuff from her Fantasie Impromptu LP... (2A into finishing pose, 2A-2L-2L and high sit spin variation...) Or was it simply an accident that Mao was warming up those elements, just for practice...? cyclops
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 am

inskate wrote:
Were those new clips, then..? I thought they were taken in the last off-season or earlier (the practice clips at least), because Mao was doing stuff from her Fantasie Impromptu LP... (2A into finishing pose, 2A-2L-2L and high sit spin variation...) Or was it simply an accident that Mao was warming up those elements, just for practice...? cyclops
The training clips are definitely new material, since you can tell with Mao's hair. Very Happy The practice clips do appear to be previous material rehashed, although that's not too surprising (I doubt Mao's team will want substantial *skating* clips to be revealed to the public any time soon).
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 am

Latest episode is up! Wink
Like a Star @ heaven http://morinaga-blog.morinaga.co.jp/supportproject/ Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nUogUJsDY Like a Star @ heaven

- Tat on Makino-san's physical training for Mao (very positive)
- Because of Tat's coaching and ballet lessons during Mao's stay in Russia - and since the majority of the time will be spent on them - Makino-san chose to not accompany Mao abroad. Instead, he came up with a training regime for Mao to follow in order to remain in tip-top form as well as to maintain her newly improved stamina.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for posting, clovera! flower

I think that was the best Dream Lab yet! Thumbs up!

That's kind of sad that Makino didn't go with Mao to Russia though. I've always felt like he was kind of like a friend for her - someone she could talk to in Japanese, etc. I hope she didn't feel lonely in Russia!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 am

Awww i also like your avi! I love you

And thanks for the link to the vids! This time they call it Road to win, last Olympics they called it Road to Torino Laugh Lets see, if it works like in the last olympics Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:37 pm

More Dream Lab episodes~
Like a Star @ heaven http://morinaga-blog.morinaga.co.jp/supportproject/ Like a Star @ heaven

~7/26~
- This particular episode focuses on upper body strength training, primarily done with the aim to maintain Mao's great posture

~8/02~
- Mao talks about the importance of avoiding injury, which is the primary goal of both Tat and Makino-san
- More emphasis on the importance of strengthening Mao's left leg in order to counter and cushion impact during jump practice, as well as to minimize post-workout pain and soreness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Mao Asada Dream Lab"   "Mao Asada Dream Lab" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Mao Asada Dream Lab"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2