Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season

Go down 
+44
mayamae_55
itcaip
Star85
BowbowDaijin
bekalc
maochan
josling
Rory
Breezelovin
sapphiresky
Liffey
MikiAndoFan#1
Yunamao
Mirai
bellarina
chapis
Maya
Olive
ddmm
tokitama
sky
kawaiimao
chiyori
zooma
inskate
roma
coconut
kirakira
SoMiTripleAxel
jasmintea
MaoNinja
getmewild
juliet
tianrushui
Okami
☆Genie
clovera
summervie
Oscilla
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
snowdrops24
Batsuchan
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel
MaoNinja

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:24 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Mao: It's very soft! Love Hearts (laughs)
Mao said "fukafuka" in Japanese. "fukafuka" is a word to describe the softness of a (feather) quilt/cushion/futon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:07 am

A little word from Mao here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Dalp0Psf4
It seems like the same show as Taka-chan participated in!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
jasmintea

jasmintea

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:18 am

bibi wrote:
A little word from Mao here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Dalp0Psf4
It seems like the same show as Taka-chan participated in!

This is the counseling room of athletes in "Supo-ken", a feature of this TV program.
Mao said she wants to know how train her dogs as they often barks. Laughing

And next week, Mao's another interview will be shown in this program.
I'm looking forward to it. sunny
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Pooping wrote:
MORE MORE MORE INTERVIEWS!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2OcxEDUV0A&feature=related

Somebody translated it, so credits to him/her on the comment page.

I translated this interview also - see the second page of this thread, second to the last post. flower

jasmintea wrote:
This is the counseling room of athletes in "Supo-ken", a feature of this TV program.
Mao said she wants to know how train her dogs as they often barks. Laughing

And next week, Mao's another interview will be shown in this program.
I'm looking forward to it. sunny

Haha! The counselor guy said "Give up [ie, you can't do anything to stop them from barking]!" What kind of advice is that? lol!

Thanks for the heads up, jasmintea - I'm looking forward to seeing Mao's interview too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:24 pm

bibi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B44G1vOr9Q
Is this a new interview...again!!!?? Razz
What does she say about her nails Razz!?!?!

This interview was quite enjoyable! In some of the other interviews, Mao seemed very serious, but in this one, she looked quite happy. sunny

0:29
Guy: I feel like you've kind of grown-up [look grown-up]...
Mao: Yes...hmm, I wonder...(laughs) I don't know!

Guy: At the World Team Trophy, you scored a new personal best above 200 points - what was your response?
Mao: It was the last competition of this season, so I really wanted to finish with a good performance, and in addition, I got more than 200 points, so I feel a strong sense of accomplishment, and I'm very happy.

Guy: After you finished your free skate, you stomped on the ice - what kind of emotion did that represent?
Mao: Both my short and the free program went well, and that happiness and sense of accomplishment - it was the joy of "I did it!!"
Guy: "I DID IT!" - that kind of feeling?
Mao: [repeats what he said and laughs] Um, yes.

1:35
Guy: At the school entrance ceremony, you said this: [the sign says "I want to get a manicure."]
Mao: A little while ago, I did go and get a manicure, but there's something else coming up, so I removed [the polish].
Guy: There's something else - what is that?
Mao: I have to film a commercial, so...
Guy: Ah, but your nails are pretty..
Mao: Yes, they're big.
Guy: [I'm not sure what he said - something about acupuncture?] What did the manicurist say?
Mao: She/he said, "You have very good nails. I can put anything on them."

Guy: Then, moving on to the next one...[the sign says, "The command from Coach Tarasova - 'Fall in love'"].
Mao: It's not happening at all.
Guy: Is that so?
Mao: I'm busy, and I don't meet people.
Guy: Did Coach Tarasova really command you to do this?
Mao: Yes.
Guy: Why do you think she said this?
Mao: It's very related to performing - that's how she described it.
Guy: If you fall in love, how do you think your performance will change?
Mao: More...I don't know! (laughs) [This really made me laugh! So cute! Hell, no!]
Guy: Yes..
Mao: It's just what I was told. Your power of expression probably gets better. But I don't really know.

3:02
Mao: [about the Vancouver Olympics] It's less than a year away, and first and foremost, I think not getting injured is very important; until I get my ticket to the Olympics, I hope not to get injured; and so that I can bring out all my strength at the Olympics, everyday, I want to work hard and improve, even if it's just a little bit, and I'll try my best to give a good performance.

3:35
Guy: Your goal for the Olympics?
[Mao wrote "gold medal."]
Mao: I'm going to aim for this and do my best.

This was quite a fun interview! flower
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, if you haven't read the "swine flu" thread - it seems that Mao is in Russia already.

According to the article below, they're holding a training camp from May 8-10 for Japan's Olympic hopefuls (ie the people they expect to send to the Olympics). Mao was invited, but she won't be going.
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2009050100809

That's obviously because she's in Russia. I wonder how long she'll stay?!
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:43 am

Batsuchan wrote:
1:10
Honda: Recently, do you talk about love?
Mai: Well, we're always, always talking about love. It's a topic we get very excited about.
Mao: It's more like, SHE's always talking about love.
Honda: What about you, Mao? Is there someone you like?
Mao: Me? No one.
Honda: No? Are you saving that for later?
Mao: No, that's not it, but I still haven't had a chance to meet someone.
Honda: Then, you just listen to Mai's stories, and that's it?
Mao: Yes, that's right, that's exactly right. But I give Mai all kinds of advice.
Mai: I get all kinds of advice from her.

I couldn't but laugh when I saw Mao's expression when Mai said they're always talking about love. cheers She was like, "er...more like it's YOU who is always talking about it" Rolling Eyes I can totally relate to it because I've got a brother myself and sometimes, I put words into his mouth. For example, when I was a child, I say, "My brother and I BOTH wanted to have an ice-cream." when it was just me who wants it... Embarassed It's good to see the sisterhood between the two. V. sweet.

Just a random note. When I heard that Mao was asked whether she met any new friends in one of the interviews and she answered, "Yes, but I want more", my heart just wrench for her. Training as a full-time athlete during the on-seasons is pretty lonely, it seems. She doesn't have the time to meet as many people as most of the teenagers of her age can. I wonder if Mao has any close friends of her age other than Mai. It has always struck me that Mao's interaction with other skaters in Team Japan to be slightly awkward. It's better when she's with ONE of the skaters, like with Miki at worlds. But when she's in a GROUP with the skaters, the awkwardness really shows, especially in the past. It's a little better now though. Mao seems to be closer to Kozuka than with other Japanese skaters. Anyway, maybe it's just me being oversensitive. Neutral I hope she gets to have some crazy fun when she's in Russia, and not just skating!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:51 am

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/feature/figure/fi20090508_01.htm?from=yolsp

Mao cut her hair!! affraid Very Happy She looks cute as always!

The interview was done by Mai. Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:15 am

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:

GUYS!I've seen Mao with this HAIR in my dream last night! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:15 am

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:

Thanks for the link, SoMiTripleAxel!! cheers

MAO CUT HER HAIRRRRRRRRR!! She now has bangs!!! I must admit, *cough*, that I love her previous hair style more. BUT, the length she has now is great for her. She looks v. cute and youthful with the new hair cut.

Her smile, as always, will be her best accessory.

P.S. Hmmmm... I will miss seeing her bangs being pulled back into a bun next season. She looks so elegant! Will they grow back in time for the GP series? In terms of personal taste, I do not like skaters tie their hair into a bun and leave their bangs hanging down their foreheads, especially bangs that perfectly horizontal. Perhaps, she'll tie it up in a pony tail, as she did in 2005?

Last edited by snowdrops24 on Fri May 08, 2009 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as always, typods)
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Supotomo090508_1
Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Mao looks younger and cute! flower
I like her new hair style.
I just read the interveiw and Mai is such a nice and sweet sister. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:34 pm

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:

Thanks SoMiTripleAxel for the link! Very Happy

snowdrops24 - I agree with you, based on the pictures in that first article, I was like, "Cute! But Mao looks younger than ever, like a baby Wub, and I'm not sure that's what she wanted..." And yeah, I wonder what she'll do in the competitions...

...but then I saw the pic that kirakira posted (thanks!), and I was like, Mao looks soo adorable there, and the outfit is so cute, that it totally won me over! flower

ETA Here's a blog entry I found that compares the grown-up looking Mao at competitions/banquets to the new haircut Mao.
http://toramomo.exblog.jp/10908587
She looks so pretty on the ice/at the banquets, and so cute and baby-faced in the new pics! Wub
(And I looove that pic with Charlie. Love Hearts If not Taka-chan, I could be okay with Mao+Charlie! ROTFLMAO)

Here's my translation of that interview with Mai:
Mao: The thoughts about the Olympics that she shared with her sister
The agonizing World Championships / She doesn't want to waste her dream opportunity

Mao Asada (Chuukyou University), who is expected to win a medal at next year's Vancouver Olympics. Last season, at the Grand Prix Final she became the first woman to successfully land two triple axels and won the competition, but at the World Championships, she finished 4th. Her older sister, figure skater Mai Asada (Chuukyou University) asked her about her current state of mind and her thoughts about the Olympics in this interview.

Mai: Last season, what was your happiest competition, and what was your most painful competition?

Mao: The happiest was the Grand Prix Final, and the most painful was Worlds. Isn’t that what you expected?

Mai: It’s what I expected. Were you nervous because it was the World Championships before the Olympics?

Mao: No, that’s not it. As it turned out, somewhere inside I was thinking about winning consecutive championships, and before Worlds, even in practice, I became extremely nervous.

Mai: Do you understand what it means to skate like yourself?

Mao: At the World Team Trophy (after the World Championships), I guess I skated like myself. I was able to give a skate that advanced me forward [ie, I improved]. I thought that I was able to skate freely/naturally, and even for my free program, I did not have worries like, “I wonder how this will turn out,” but I was looking forward to it. Yeah, depending on my feelings, my skating changes completely.

Mai: When you finish skating, after you take your final pose, I can definitely tell what you’re feeling from your expression.

Mao: When it’s not good, there are times when I’m mad at myself, and there are times when I feel depressed. And if there are times when I feel sad, there are also times when I am amazed.

Mai: Next season, it’s finally the Olympic season.

Mao: I think it would be good if I can try hard like I always do, and do that every day. But I’m pretty excited. Other than that, I’ll try not to get injured. Yes. That might be the most important thing now.

Mai: There’s no such thing as a skater that doesn’t get hurt. Even you have times when your knee hurts or your ankle hurts. And you practice so much. But you never say [“it hurts”].

Mao: I think that depending on what I say, I feel weak. If I talk about my weak points, then I start feeling weak, and I think I have to feel strong, so I try not to talk about them. If I think it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t hurt. To feel strong, I don’t talk [about my weak points].

Mai: The Olympics--I think you can’t aim for it half-heartedly. You set everything else aside and are trying your best for skating, after all.

Mao: The Olympics were my dream from when I was little, and I do want to go. And after all, (now) it looks like I’ll be able to go, doesn’t it? I don’t want to waste that [chance]. Because it’s the place to show everything I’ve done up to now. I absolutely don’t want to waste that [opportunity]. But Vancouver is not the end, so if I don’t do well, then after that, I’ll aim for Sochi. What happens in Vancouver (the result) is not such a big deal, I think.

Batsuchan's thoughts:

Yay, Mao said again that Vancouver is not the end! She's totally aiming for Sochi too! Thumbs up!

And I so admire Mao's spirit - she never complains, she never talks about being hurt. I am so impressed, as usual! cheers

And it's so true, you can definitely tell how Mao is feeling from her face at the end of her programs! I love you

I agree coconut, Mai is such a sweet sister! Many Hearts In that pic where Mai is looking at Mao, it's so full of affection, I was so touched!

Last edited by Batsuchan on Sat May 09, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:42 pm

And here's the rest of the interview, with the pic that kirakira posted! Love Hearts
It's from the monthly column that Mai has in the local version of the Yomiuri.

http://chubu.yomiuri.co.jp/tokushu/supotomo/supotomo090508_1.htm

If she’s noticed in the school cafeteria, “I’m in trouble”
Figure skater Mao Asada

This one is a special column. Continuing with the sports-related interviews, I asked my younger sister Mao, who has been going to the same Chuukyou University as me since April, about things like her college life.

---It’s the first time I’ve gone to the same school with you since middle school. It’s really fun.

Mao: You always help me out, and I’m grateful. Because I can’t keep up with college classes at all.

---I also can’t keep up. Lining up our desks, taking the same classes – it’s strange, but it’s also refreshing.

Mao: English, biology and psychology.

---You’re really a college student now, aren’t you…

Mao: I can’t believe it. At college, I talk to your classmates [i.e. same school year] a lot.

---When you go to the school cafeteria, everyone pays attention and it must be tough. Stuff like, “Mao-chan, let me take a picture.”

Mao: It’s a little difficult.

---I like you the way you are now, but I also like the old Mao. Now you seem like an “athlete,” and your replies [in interviews] have become exemplary.

Mao: Before, I used to just obediently say whatever I was thinking. Stuff like, “I was happy, and so happy.”

---If you said that now, you’d be laughed at.

Mao: Enough already.

---As an athlete, you’ve become pretty cool. The Mao who is talking at home, and the Mao after competitions are different. Very close to me, there’s a top class athlete—somehow I can’t believe it.

Mao: Sisters are good, aren’t they? Though in the past we used to fight every day and it was tough.

---You’re more responsible/diligent, so I’m always learning from you. Rather than sisters, we’re more like best friends. We can talk about anything, and you give me the most accurate advice. If you weren’t around, I wonder what would’ve happened.

Mao: When we practice together on the same rink, it’s fun, isn’t it?

---I’m glad we did the same competitions together. Up to now, last year’s World Championships (which you won) impressed me the most. When I think that countless people around the world feel the same way, I think, “sports are great!” I’m cheering for you more than anyone else.

Mao: I know. I think that my family understands me the most, and I’m happy that many people are cheering for me. It gives me power.

Mao Asada

Born in 1990 in Nagoya. In 1995, she began skating; from 2006 she has won three consecutive Japan National Championship titles. She won the 2008 World Championships. 1.63km tall, 47 kilos [5’4”, 103lbs]

My thoughts toward Mao, number one*---after the interview

When Mao finishes a competition, she gives me a call first. Even when the results were not good, when I hear her say “It was unfortunate,” I feel like I want to listen to her story fully, and I think that Mao is cute. Even though she shows us this appearance of a tough athlete, she’s an ordinary 18-year old. This time, listening to her talk, I was impressed by how she sets a goal and knows what she has to do, and I felt like there is pressure and joy that only Mao can understand. Even if it’s just a little bit, I want to help shoulder that pressure [burden] she feels, but I don’t know how to do it.* That’s why I want to connect with Mao from the other side of the telephone. I don’t want to lose to anyone in my cheers of “Mao, try your best!”, and near Mao, as a skater, I also want to try my best.

Mai Asada

Born in 1988 in Nagoya. 20 years old. Third-year student at Chuukyou University. At age 7, she started skating with her younger sister Mao, and is active domestic and international competitions.

(2009.05.08. Yomiuri Shinbun)

Batsuchan’s notes:

*I was a little unsure how to translate this: 真央への思い、一番――取材を終えて , but I think Mai meant it as “I’m #1 in my thoughts to Mao; I’m Mao’s biggest fan,” which is something she’s said before.

I wasn’t quite sure how to translate this either: 私にはどうすることもできません. Sweatdrop

Even so, I was really touched by Mai’s words, and the whole interview. Both interviews, really. They are such an adorable, loving pair of sisters! It just warms my heart! Many Hearts

I feel like everywhere she goes, Mao has people who love her to pieces. She’s always had Mai by her side, and then Coach Yamada and
TAT—I think they all simply ADORE her! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:32 am

Thank you for the translation, Batsuchan!!! And for the pictures everyone...

I LOVE MAO'S NEW HAIRCUT~
I think it is absolutely cute and reflects Mao well as person (she likes to have fun and isn't overly concerned with trying to be a super-mature adult). I really wish my bangs looked that nice~~ xD

Hmm...maybe a new haircut is symbolic of Mao finding herself again, since in literature and art, a haircut usually symbolizes some kind of internal change for the character Very Happy

I am happy to see the Asada family full-force supporting their youngest daughter, Mao! :3

Batsuchan wrote:

I feel like everywhere she goes, Mao has people who love her to pieces. She’s always had Mai by her side, and then Coach Yamada and
TAT—I think they all simply ADORE her! Many Hearts

It's hard not to love Mao!!! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Mai: Do you understand what it means to skate like yourself?

Mao: At the World Team Trophy (after the World Championships), I guess I skated like myself. I was able to give a skate that advanced me forward [ie, I improved]. I thought that I was able to skate freely/naturally, and even for my free program, I did not have worries like, “I wonder how this will turn out,” but I was looking forward to it. Yeah, depending on my feelings, my skating changes completely.

i hope she skates like this in the olympics.

Batsuchan wrote:

Mai: There’s no such thing as a skater that doesn’t get hurt. Even you have times when your knee hurts or your ankle hurts. And you practice so much. But you never say [“it hurts”].

Mao: I think that depending on what I say, I feel weak. If I talk about my weak points, then I start feeling weak, and I think I have to feel strong, so I try not to talk about them. If I think it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t hurt. To feel strong, I don’t talk [about my weak points].

omg! she doesn't complain. she has such a positive attitude. that's what i really like about her. and she seems so down to earth. that's the spirit!

Batsuchan wrote:

Mai: The Olympics--I think you can’t aim for it half-heartedly. You set everything else aside and are trying your best for skating, after all.

Mao: The Olympics were my dream from when I was little, and I do want to go. And after all, (now) it looks like I’ll be able to go, doesn’t it? I don’t want to waste that [chance]. Because it’s the place to show everything I’ve done up to now. I absolutely don’t want to waste that [opportunity]. But Vancouver is not the end, so if I don’t do well, then after that, I’ll aim for Sochi. What happens in Vancouver (the result) is not such a big deal, I think.

i'm glad to know this... i was wondering what sochi was hehe... i just found out sochi is in russia, the 2014 venue.

----------------------

Mao-chan looks really kawaii with her new haircut and i like it. it's such a change from the ponytails. a new look signifies new changes. i can't wait to see mao perform again.

and i agree her Mai is such a sweet big sister. but who wouldn't be with an adorable lil sis like Mao.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:18 am

Mao made me smile yet another time Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngl6EoOpPzc

I was so glad to here the last thing she said. She was asked what she thought was the most important thing she needs to take gold in Vancouver. She answered that skating is fun! It makes more sense in Japanese...
Cheering
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:52 am

^thanks for the video link. i head yuna's name being mentioned in the last part. what is it about?
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks SoMiTripleAxel for the link! flower

I totally agree, that last comment by Mao made me Many Hearts
It was so funny that she had to think about it for awhile though! Razz

roma wrote:
^thanks for the video link. i head yuna's name being mentioned in the last part. what is it about?

Hm, roma, I think what you heard is Mao saying "hitsuyouna mono wa suke-to o suki to iu koko desu." This was Mao's response to the question, "What do you think you need to win the gold medal?," and her answer was "What you need, is to love skating." (It's the part that SoMiTripleAxel pointed out. Very Happy)

Otherwise I heard no mention of Yu-Na at all! :albino:

That part where Mao is watching herself and cheering had me totally ROTFLMAO Too cute! 15-year old Mao says, "To Mao of 4-years-later: umm, well I think you've been aiming for the Olympics the whole time, but for the time being, I want you to relax, skate with no mistakes and take the gold medal."

Now with the new haircut, and her comment at the end of this clip - it does somehow feel like Mao has rediscovered that 15-year old self who simply loves, loves, loves to skate! And that's exactly who I want to see at the Olympics--not the Mao who is burdened the pressure to win she has put on herself, but the Mao who is skating because loves it! Cheering
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:53 pm

^thanks for the clarification, batsuchan! so that's what it is. gosh! i need to take japanese language lessons...
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:24 am

kirakira
that picture looks so kawaii! =D

I think I have a new youtube BG =D
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Mao's supposed to be on the TV show "Waratte Koraete" tomorrow, or rather, there will be stuff on Mao on a TV show tomorrow. Very Happy

http://www.ntv.co.jp/warakora/next/next.html

They are interviewing a former ballerina star, Kumiko Maeda, who was once Mao's ballet teacher. They're also going to show clips of Mao competing in a ballet contest when she was little. And from this description, it does sound like both of them will be on the show together.
Sounds fun! sunny

[Wow, this Kumiko Maeda seems like quite a character! When she was 18, she fell in love with the director of her ballet troupe, who was 52 at the time! WOW! ]
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:21 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Mao's supposed to be on the TV show "Waratte Koraete" tomorrow, or rather, there will be stuff on Mao on a TV show tomorrow. Very Happy

http://www.ntv.co.jp/warakora/next/next.html

They are interviewing a former ballerina star, Kumiko Maeda, who was once Mao's ballet teacher. They're also going to show clips of Mao competing in a ballet contest when she was little. And from this description, it does sound like both of them will be on the show together.
Sounds fun! sunny

[Wow, this Kumiko Maeda seems like quite a character! When she was 18, she fell in love with the director of her ballet troupe, who was 52 at the time! ]

Maybe it's this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OeujERvzyk
Wub Many Hearts Wub Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:28 pm

o,that five-year Mao is such a cutieeeeeeeeee,especially when she ran off the stage.

Does anyone know the music she danced with when she was five-years old and eight years old?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next