Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!

Go down 
+2
roma
Batsuchan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Empty
PostSubject: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Scroll down to the bottom of this blog entry:
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ossai_maomaotaishi/e/af05add53df91aae9871f9ae543675dd

Has anyone seen those clips that the gif's are taken from? it's 11-year old Mao practicing synchronized swimming! WOW!

This makes me very curious to see the full clip!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 am

how cute! i wanna see the clips, too. Wub
just noticed mao looked so skinny during those times so far from the chubby 3yr old practicing ballet... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 am

Very cute! Love Hearts

I would like to see the whole clip! The poster of the gif images written that it's Mao doing synchrinized wimming, but I wonder if it's 100% sure? Those gifs looked to me like a dance practice session at summer training camp in Nobeyama.

In this montage created by z4mboni:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLApCiEPPQ
from 1:55 to 2:05 you can see clips from a similar practice session with current novice/junior skaters.
During the summer camp the most promising young skaters are chosen based on their performance during the entire camp. One of their tasks is interpreting music - they are asked to improvise a dance while the coaches and dance instructors are looking and taking down notes. The skaters wear their names pinned to their clothes, so the dances instructors who might not know the skaters names very well yet can tell them apart. After that they all dance together some routine taught by the dance instructors.

It just looked like a clip from such form of training because Mao is wearing her name on a note that looks hand-written (it could melt in the water, and I'm not sure if synchro swimmers need such a note anyway) and all the young ladies are wearing clothes more appropriate for a dance training than synchro warm-up. Plus, their clothes are very similar to what the young skaters in the Nobeyama clips are wearing.

I might be totally wrong, though! Laugh Swimming is a good exercise to increase lung capacity and fluency of movements, so it could be great for Mao. What's more, there were photos published where Mao was doing a really nice flip underwater - she might have learned it during the sunchro swimming training. I just thought it would be rather surprising if Mao chose synchro instead of normal swimming - it takes a lot of time to practice a synchro routine, and and that time Mao was probably already very busy with figure skating related training and her school. Yep!
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks Batsuchan, TOKITAMA has entered the same topic on his June 16 Blog. Thanks also to Tokitama.
Back to top Go down
tokitama

tokitama

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:06 am

Back to top Go down
http://tokitama.tumblr.com/
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 am

Thank you so much, Tokitama! So it was a joint project where synchro swimmers and figure skaters had an occassion to practice together... Great video! flower
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:39 am

Thank you!! Mao was already different in a good way from that early age!!
While the rest of the skaters/swimmers are clapping along the beat, Mao is sort of just gracefully moving her hands without them actually touching. xD
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Thank you so much tokitama!! Thank you!

All I can say is that Mao's arms look SOOOO much like a ballet dancer's! So toned! WOW! (And of course, like MaoMaoRevolution said, she's so graceful. Yep!)
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!   Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Mao practicing synchronized swimming?!
Page 1 of 1