Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP

Go down 
+11
dlnnyc
chineseteacup
linglang
iceskatingfan
Artistry
inskate
ballerinamao
goldmao
chiyori
klarification
Jtsmith1
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Jtsmith1

Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Empty
PostSubject: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks for sharing Jtsmith1!

(But I wonder if it's alright to show her program just like that???)

Oh, that layback~ I can't wait to see it in competition. She's gonna blow the other girls away! Razz
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 pm

The footwork... Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Except when the dude thought the ceiling was more interesting. I can't wait to see it for real, dress and all. Is that practice from Shen & Zhao's show? Is it going to be broadcasted?
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:18 am

oh I like it Very Happy
I can't wait to see it in competition with the jumps and all....and I am excited how the judges will like it this time lol!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:26 pm

hmm I am just a little bit worried about the jumps, I heard mao popped many jumps in the show, and I know that mao is learning a new jumping technique but i keep wondering if she is ready for the granprix season, because I think that if she needs more time to practice it may be better to skip the granprix series... but then again she could use it as a good way to practice or test her jumps... but well it's pretty risky...
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:40 pm

I think the best way to become more consistent with jumps is to attempt them in competition... Mao's first competitions migght be messy, but it's better to get those bad performances out of Mao's system early in the season. I think that if she skipped the GP, she might end up getting more consistent in practice, but messing the jumps out of nerves at Worlds (or even worse, at Nationals and not make it to Worlds at all).

The worst that might happen to Mao is not making the GP Final, which wouldn't be that much of a tragedy. It happened last season, and Mao still ended up winning Worlds. Smile

Plus, as the CoP changed a lot during the off-season, it's a good idea to skate her programs a few times before Worlds to see which things work and which need to be improved.
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm

There's no need to worry, I guess...at the beginning of last season it didn't even look as if she could end up on the podium at the olympics/worlds....there were discussions about changing programmes....everyone was scared because of her performance at the grand prix, not making it to the final Commentator
I've learned to leave it all to Mao Too sweet! In the end she never disappointed us Dance
Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:25 pm

I often wonder what her motivation would be to be perfect, if even when she is, she gets around 129. Like the Worlds. She had all the jumps.
She had everything. Then the marks came. Especially compared to other (cough cough) performances of the night, they seemed out of line.
So, why be perfect if that's not rewarded when you do achieve it? What keeps her motivated?

Back to top Go down
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Artistry wrote:

I often wonder what her motivation would be to be perfect, if even when she is, she gets around 129. Like the Worlds. She had all the jumps.
She had everything. Then the marks came. Especially compared to other (cough cough) performances of the night, they seemed out of line.
So, why be perfect if that's not rewarded when you do achieve it? What keeps her motivated?

What I always loved about Mao is that she skates for herself and she skates for her fans. She doesn't give in to negative criticism and really believes in what she does. By nature I think she is just a perfectionist and has a very good work ethic. I think what keeps her motivated is her general love of figure skating. Because she loves it so much, she doesn't bow down to the pressure of the her critics and doesn't change every aspect of her skating just to milk the COP. She just wants the world to see her best and constantly try to improve herself. It's not only about winning medals for her =]. Just my opinion Razz .
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:35 pm

iceskatingfan wrote:
Artistry wrote:

What I always loved about Mao is that she skates for herself and she skates for her fans. She doesn't give in to negative criticism and really believes in what she does. By nature I think she is just a perfectionist and has a very good work ethic. I think what keeps her motivated is her general love of figure skating. Because she loves it so much, she doesn't bow down to the pressure of the her critics and doesn't change every aspect of her skating just to milk the COP. She just wants the world to see her best and constantly try to improve herself. It's not only about winning medals for her =]. Just my opinion Razz .

I agree with everything you said, iceskatingfan!

I don't think Mao has everything yet. I'm sure she's aware of her imperfection and admits it, so he works hard. This is where I love and admire her as an athlete and as a person.

About her new season, Mao has been saying she wants to pull out her best performances at the Worlds. So, I suppose she is not worried so much about her results at GP series and her training plan factors in a possibility that she may end up with GP series like last season. I believe she will become better and better as the season goes on.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:24 pm

iceskatingfan wrote:
Artistry wrote:

True iceskatingfan.

Mao just loves the sport. You can see it in her eyes, and in virtually everything she does. If she just wants to win medals left and right and if she's in it just for the glory... Well, wouldn't it be better to play it safe? To concentrate on her strengths and not challenge herself? But Mao chose the harder path.

What keeps her motivated?

She wants to stand at the top of the world and smile with everyone.
She wants to show her best performance to satisfy herself and to give joy to the audience. flower
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 am

Oh, I love the ending pose! And because it's a tango, it'd probably be easier to keep track of the timing.

I'm so looking forward to seeing this SP in its entirety, costume and all.

GO MAO!!!
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 7:31 am

what i like is it seems she is skating with a touch more speed and more flow.... i think that is where she was marked low from last season. i like this music alot and it will showcase her skills. what i think she needs to do is to SELL the program more than in years past. this kind of music begs for it. what mao has that i love is her lightness on the ice. cant wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:00 pm

iceskatingfan wrote:
Artistry wrote:

In my opinion Mao unlike other skaters, skates for the sake of the art that exists in figure skating. To me judging figure skating was always like measuring up cars. The scores come out based on performance (ie how many jumps, their values, spirals etc.) but a larger part of figure skating is art. Just like how one car can get its value for its insanely high speeds, but to some it does not have as much value as a sleek looking, well designed car.
Mao's skating is not mechanical, it's an art form and i think that she skates for arts sake, that's the thing i really admire about her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:22 am

Wow, wow, wow!!

The very moment I saw her Tango EX a few years back, I always had this thought that she already owned tango in skating (is my phrasing correct?)!! There was that energy and sleekness that was just right. Not too overboard, too overreacting. Just right!

And now she has a tango for an SP. Love it!!

I also love her choice of music, and I believe that with constant practice, she will continue to master this form of art. I can't WAIT for that moment to come!
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am

i absolutely love the music! and she looks great! i can't wait to see the season already!

Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 pm

The program is fantastic.
Tat is a genius.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP    Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao practicing 2010-11 new SP
Page 1 of 1