Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!

Go down 
+60
alex1
SoMiTripleAxel
Yschntä
Haidogirl
aoi88
Oscilla
chocomilk
mingming
supportmaoasada
illani
MikiAndoFan#1
sweetdream
will_power
NarumiAyane
jirachiness
ddmm
sofia
kirakira
chizu
Olive
dlnnyc
Clair de Lune
coconut
itcaip
e2girl
kaarolcia
murasaki
kawaiimao
bekalc
Mirai
chiyori
☆Genie
dangerous_angel_face
josling
Okami
sky
coolmeia
chineseteacup
maowataiyo
snowdrops24
tokitama
bellarina
hastaluego06
polosatik
sumin
inskate
Vash01
mika
chapis
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
summervie
Liffey
clovera
BowbowDaijin
sapphiresky
roma
tianrushui
bibi
Batsuchan
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 am

Hello, mika. Welcome to the forum! Smile

Seeing as there really isn't much info on her Masquerade SP I'll just wait 'til she finally shows it in 2 days time. I hope we'll see some practice clips soon... Looking forward to what she'll wear for this program also. Smile

Caprice would have been a wonderful SP for her, though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:11 am

mika wrote:
According to an interview for a magazine, Caprice was actually her SP not EX!!! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Affraid
(...And with these words the population of Mao fans has become much more sparse. Faint2)

Thank you for such an uplifting news and welcome to the forum, mika! Smile

Last edited by summervie on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vash01

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 am

I love Mao's skating but her choice of music worries me. The judges slammed her Masquerade waltz LP last year. I am afraid they will do it again. They have a strong bias for Yu na. Although she deserved to win last year, the point difference should not have been that great. Mao needs to do what works for her, and not experiment with a style of music that may not suit her. I really want to see her win the Olympic gold. She is the best and the bravest skater out there.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:42 am

Welcome, mika and Vash! flower

I agree, I think it's a huge risk for Mao to keep a program that wasn't welcomed by the judges and North American media... (It was much more praised in Europe, but the Olympics are in NA, not in Europe!)

I can't believe Mao initially picked Caprice as her SP! WOW! I would love if she used it as her SP this season! Dance Can someone make "We want Caprice as SP!!!" banners for TEB?! Faint2

Last edited by inskate on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumin

sumin

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:58 am

Welcome mika and Vash01. Cheering
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 am

Quote :
I can't believe Mao initially picked Caprice as her SP! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 323704 I would love if she used it as her SP this season! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 859414 Can someone make "We want Caprice as SP!!!" banners for TEB?! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 325908

ahaha!! Is someone attempting TEB here?
But here's my thoughts: I think that she'll use masquerade as a short program here, and if she sees it doesn't work, she'll then use Caprice.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Part about Mao in Yuna's doco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8t0XTwrFjE
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

polosatik wrote:
Part about Mao in Yuna's doco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8t0XTwrFjE

No idea what's being said. Interested to know though, if anyone wants to translate.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
hastaluego06

hastaluego06

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Part about Mao in Yuna's documentary

Narrator: Last June, Mao Asada has showed her practice session to the mass media.

(Someone asks Mao if the skate isn't too tight, and Mao just laughs)

Narrator: And Mao also announced her musics for this season. The music for her SP has been quite an issue.
Reporter: Is it true that Mao is re-using Masquerade, which was her LP music last year?
Tarasova: Yes, I like to surprise everyone.

Narrator: Last season, Mao has won her GPF title with this music. Surely, surprising people is not the only reason (of re-using).

Tarasova: I chose this music, because it is the Olympic season. This music touches and grabs many people's heart. We will use this music throughout the season.

Narrator: Then, how will it be different from last season?
Mao: Last year's Masquerade was rather strong and heavy, but I'd say this year's one is more exciting. Sensei told me to express a girl who is going to the ball for the first time, so I try to be more bright, than being strong.
Narrator: Mao's FS music is decided as Rachmaninoff's work. Rachmaninoff's musics are very well used among skater every now and then, but the one Mao chose is different.
Tarasova: I always dreamed of using "Bell" in skating. This piece is tragic, dramatic, and emotional.
Narrator: On the day she announced her music, Mao also had an open practice session. But, she only showed her Gala program. As a matter of a fact, many people wanted to know the component of her competition program, instead of the exhibition.
Tarasova: As of now, we cannot show any of her competition program.
Mao: I was told by coach that this program(Bell)'s concept is to "overcome." It may be hard right now, but I want to overcome it and show good performance at competition.

Last edited by hastaluego06 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hastaluego06

hastaluego06

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Narrator: About a month later, Mao had another open practice in Japan. The atmosphere seemed different from last time. For thirty minutes, Mao continuously jumped. Looks challenging, does it not? Was there any meaning to this practice, perhaps?

Tarasova: Mao has the most difficult technical element. She is the only one who can do 3A-3T and two 3A in one program. Mao has to do something that other skaters don’t, and then she will win.
Narrator: As expected, Mao’s weapon for the new season was her jump. She plans to win her Figure Queen title by high level jumps. 3A-3T, which Tarasova mentioned, is a very difficult technique that scores more than 12 points.
Tarasova: I call this program “overcome.” The technical element of the program is very challenging. Mao has to overcome her weakness and hardship.

(Listening to interpreter, Mao laughs feebly)
Mao: But… well… Did you just say 3A-3T? (Looking at Tarasova)
Narrator: Was there a miscommunication? It seems Mao wasn’t aware of it.

Narrator: October 3rd, Mao exhibited her new FS program. However, she failed most of the high level jumps. This day, Mao received second to the lowest score she ever had since her Senior debut. She looks utterly disappointed.
Reporter: I’m from SBS, Korean Broadcast. You said you would compose the program with technically the most difficult elements and overcome it, does that mean you want to overcome Yu-Na Kim as well?
Mao: (Thinking for a while) Are you asking me about Jump layout?
Narrator: It seems Mao did not like the question.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks hastaluego06! I didn't expect such a quick, and thoughro response!

"Reporter: I’m from SBS, Korean Broadcast. You said you would compose the program with technically the most difficult elements and overcome it, does that mean you want to overcome Yu-Na Kim as well?"

- God, what a dumb question! "Gee. No, I don't want to overcome Yuna. I want to be second best."... lol. Of course she wants to overcome Yuna! All skaters want to overcome ALL of their competition, and be the best Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Star85 wrote:
God, what a dumb question! "Gee. No, I don't want to overcome Yuna. I want to be second best."... lol. Of course she wants to overcome Yuna! All skaters want to overcome ALL of their competition, and be the best Rolling Eyes
Well, this IS SBS we are talking about - the very same broadcasting station that harped on Mao's flutz for ages, brought Miki into the picture as a skater who UR's when Yu-Na got the "e" call at CoC last year (+ furiously denying Yu-Na didn't lip back then), and stirred up the warm-up controversy after 4CC. Being tactful is the last thing I expect. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:39 pm

hastaluego06 wrote:
Reporter: I’m from SBS, Korean Broadcast. You said you would compose the program with technically the most difficult elements and overcome it, does that mean you want to overcome Yu-Na Kim as well?
Mao: (Thinking for a while) Are you asking me about Jump layout?
Narrator: It seems Mao did not like the question.

Oh good Lord! What did they think she would say? Of course Mao doesn't appreciate stupid questions meant to stir drama. Arg, I can't believe they actually asked her that question! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Mad

SBS is a total joke, and most Koreans I've talked to have told me the same thing (I taught ESL at a boarding school in Hawaii and the majority of my students were Korean. They would always tell me how unreliable that channel was).

Maybe Phil Hersh should go work for them. ROTFLMAO

Rockstar on Mao! I think it's great that she's not talking to any of the silly reporters at this competition. Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Liffey wrote:

Maybe Phil Hersh should go work for them. ROTFLMAO

Rockstar on Mao! I think it's great that she's not talking to any of the silly reporters at this competition. Daisies for you

Laugh

I can only imagine what they would ask her at the actual event. Especially after the SP is over... Unconscious

Where are all the NBC reporters to tame them? xD
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah, it frustrates me how much influence the media has on people's opinions and thoughts. My mom is a casual figure skating fan- she'll watch the Olympics and when I'm at home and glued to the TV during Worlds, she'll watch with me, but she doesn't follow the sport throughout the season. She gets her news about figure skating and Yu-Na through SBS/other Korean stations, as do lots of her friends. And the last time they met up, I was there, and heard them all repeating the same things from the Korean report they all heard- things that were either blatantly wrong or just so completely biased/one-sided. It bugs me because now they have this hardened, set opinion towards Mao even though they 1) don't know all the facts/what they're talking about, and 2) have seen more of her mess-ups/flaws plastered all over the media reports than her beautiful skating. And already having an opinion like that changes the way you view the programs and the skaters. I just know my mom would have adored Mao and her skating before seeing all those Korean news programs. Sigh. I'll stop ranting now.

Oh, and I'm not just picking on Korean media...this obviously happens all over the world and is very, very common. It just frustrates me when it harms such sweet, talented people.
Back to top Go down
tokitama

tokitama

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:23 am

Back to top Go down
http://tokitama.tumblr.com/
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am

I think it looks cute. cat
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 am

clovera wrote:

Sigh. I said enough already on FSU, but the color scheme is just awful. Pastels clashing, with puffy bits and lace? Ugh. pale

If she changed the colors, the dress would actually be nice. Considering that Mao changes her costumes at least once during the season, I'm hopeful that this will be gone in a couple competitions.

btw, are half the smilies not working for anyone else? Question After the LOL guy, all I see are Xs today. Sad
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 am

Liffey wrote:
clovera wrote:

Sigh. I said enough already on FSU, but the color scheme is just awful. Pastels clashing, with puffy bits and lace? Ugh. pale
Which I see everywhere each time I return to Tokyo for vacation. Wink You can call it an immunity.

Liffey wrote:
btw, are half the smilies not working for anyone else? Question After the LOL guy, all I see are Xs today. Sad
I'm not seeing Xs, but they aren't showing up on the posts for me (but that isn't stopping me from using the sweatdrop smiley). Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks for the updates, guys!! Very Happy

I am a supporter of Mao all the way, but I really really need to get this out of my chest Embarassed :

If this dress is, yet again, another Tat creation, Mao should really find another costume designer. I really liked Mao's Tango EX dress, just not her last season's FS dresses.

The choker/necklace/whatsoever on her neck MUST GooOOOOO.

In this case, the flowers must go too. Please.

I usually don't look at skaters' dresses as much as their skating, but this time... I'll need to watch how it moves on the ice to be sure though.

Btw, this dress is slightly reminiscent of Mao's purple dress when she first participated in the Japanese Nationals. I mean, with the circle of flowers.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:18 am

clovera wrote:
Liffey wrote:
clovera wrote:

Which I see everywhere each time I return to Tokyo for vacation. Wink You can call it an immunity.

Liffey wrote:
I'm not seeing Xs, but they aren't showing up on the posts for me (but that isn't stopping me from using the sweatdrop smiley). Sweatdrop

Laughing That explains it, then! Maybe Japan is ahead of the curve on fashion and we may be headed for more pastels in the future! Not sure how I feel about that though.. No Razz

Oh, and thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy with not seeing the smilies. Razz
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
Thanks for the updates, guys!! Very Happy

I am a supporter of Mao all the way, but I really really need to get this out of my chest Embarassed :

If this dress is, yet again, another Tat creation, Mao should really find another costume designer. I really liked Mao's Tango EX dress, just not her last season's FS dresses.

The choker/necklace/whatsoever on her neck MUST GooOOOOO.

In this case, the flowers must go too. Please.

I usually don't look at skaters' dresses as much as their skating, but this time... I'll need to watch how it moves on the ice to be sure though.

Btw, this dress is slightly reminiscent of Mao's purple dress when she first participated in the Japanese Nationals. I mean, with the circle of flowers.

ITA. Her dress is too distracting. Get the South American designer who designed Sarah Hughes' costume to take a stab at it. She wanted to, right?
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:08 pm

For her FS, Mao needs a dress with a clean silhouette, especially around her collarbone area. I did not mind the JO blue and black one (although I could have done without the cut-outs) because it fitted Mao well. Because the Bells program has so many complex movements, especially with Mao's arms, she needs a dress that isn't so bulky as to obscure her movements, or worse, impede her. I'm not sure whether the black gloves are a good idea.

The puffy collar has to go. Tatiana may be a Champion Maker, but she certainly is no designer Very Happy I honestly thought the maroon dress for Masquerade last season was pushing it. I keep thinking back to how beautiful the dress for 'So Deep is the Night' was and find myself wondering why Mao couldn't have just stayed with that style. The balance of colours and design for the Caprice dress is gorgeous, I think. Mao looks comfortable in it. She did not look comfortable in the new red and black FS dress.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:32 pm

But if she wear something like "So Deep is the Night", it would be match with Yuna Kim FS dress. So that's not a good ideas. For me, I really love her SP dress a lot. I think it's very beautiful. The FS dress, the neck thing is a little bit too much but the color is very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next