Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Yu Na News - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
I know exactly what you mean, PochiPota, when you said it makes you happy in a way.
I don't wish anything bad to either Yu-Na or Orser but it's always driven me nuts when people were constantly presenting them as the epitome of class. Brian always the nice guy and Yu-Na the mature, gracious and dignified young lady.
Now I can't help feeling rather amused seeing how people simply cannot believe what's happening now and try to rationalize things so that their heroes still fit the idealised images they'd created about them. Suddenly Yu-Na is a helpless "only 19" kid and it's more plausible that her twitter account was hijacked than admiting she might have indeed written something like that.

Anyone idealistic enough to hope they might ever make a clear statement about the Mao issue, preferably with an apology? Question

Thanks kawaiimao, for saying you understand what I mean...but I'm sorry to everyone here who likes Yuna, too. I might've been too harsh towards her in some of my comments. The past few days must've been hard on all of you...if something like this happened with Mao, I'd be really worried and heartbroken. I can't say that I'm fond of Yuna nor Orser, but I in the least think that Yuna is not trying to do any wrong. I think she's acting according to her own sense of justice which she believes in. But I don't think it's working in the way she wants it to.

But as for Orser, I think sometimes he would lie on purpose. I don't know why, he must have his reasons. But I can't trust what he says now. Not after seeing him saying there was no offer on tv, and then seeing that mail he sent to Yuna. I don't think the mail is a fake one. So I can't understand what's going on in his mind. He's either totally confused himself, or he's used to lying just like that.

But who I really think did the most wrong is ATS. Just read this article about Orser unprofessionally babbling to the world about Yuna's music selection for next season:http://www.universalsports.com/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=490379.html

In it, it says ATS made a statement saying "This can only be construed as a move intended to hurt the skater", and I think such a statement can only make situations worse. Why do they keep on saying stuff like that? I think it was wrong of Orser to have told the media about his former pupil's info, but I don't think he did that to hurt her. It just slipped out, probabaly. As Yuna's management company, I can understand ATS being angry. But do they have to be that hostile at this point? Why are they such a war-loving company? Don't they know any better for Yuna that stirring things up more would do her no good? Frankly speaking...what are they, stupid or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi, Pochi Woot! I hope I can post my point of few more often here Too sweet! ...I haven't been on the forum for a pretty long time now, but I love Mao since she won gold at the worlds in 2008 and she's the reason I started watching figure skating (again) - besides Daisuke Takahashi -.....& now that Yukari Nakano isn't skating anymore Bawling I will fully concentrate on Mao in the ladies competition from now on! king ok, sorry for being off-topic LOL

The only thing that would solve all this trouble:
Yu Na and Brian have to meet each other and have a looooooong conversation...and then they should make a video in which they sit peacefuly together and make clear, that everything's fine again and that both of them told each other what they wanted to say and that the fans don't have to worry Commentator AND: sorry to Mao for dragging her into this! then they should give each other a hug, smile into the camera as friendly as possible and Yu Na could post it on twitter lol! or somewhere else...where everyone can watch it....

Quote :
I know exactly what you mean, PochiPota, when you said it makes you happy in a way.
I don't wish anything bad to either Yu-Na or Orser but it's always driven me nuts when people were constantly presenting them as the epitome of class. Brian always the nice guy and Yu-Na the mature, gracious and dignified young lady.
Now I can't help feeling rather amused seeing how people simply cannot believe what's happening now and try to rationalize things so that their heroes still fit the idealised images they'd created about them. Suddenly Yu-Na is a helpless "only 19" kid and it's more plausible that her twitter account was hijacked than admiting she might have indeed written something like that.

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Orser revealing Yu-Na's music is really just confused What was he thinking?

By the way I absolutely love her choice. Simply beautiful and it has all the potential to make a really fantastic program...as Brian (shouldn't have) said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBen5RmJL1g

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 pm

kawaiimao wrote:

Anyone idealistic enough to hope they might ever make a clear statement about the Mao issue, preferably with an apology? Question

I agree with you kawaiimao. It's obviously a painful breakup for both parties and a sad affair, yet it's hard to feel sympathy for them. They drag an innocent third party into the mess for their own convenience. And of course there are those many fans who would place them on a pedestal and believe they can do no wrong. I agree they should should make a formal apology to Mao for involving her in their mess when she had nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 pm

I’m so frustrated that there are people who insistently say that Mao is telling a lie about the coach offer. I know I don’t know what really has happened 100% and I’d better ignore those people, but it does hurt.

I’m really sick of Kim camp, how come they drag other athletes into their own problems on after another? It seems that they are addicted to cheap dramas. Same as kawaiimao and aoi88, I hope they will apologize to Mao. And I think this mess will be over before the GP series start. But, I’m worried they may try to hurt Mao again when the GP series starts and the Worlds nears. It’s rude to say something like this, I know, but I couldn’t help, because they have don too much to Mao.

I wish the best and safety for Mao, and Adam and Christina too. I really hope that Min-Jung will find a good coach soon.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:13 pm

I can't figure out what Orser is thinking here. Either he is lying, or that email was a fake. But if it was fabricated he would denounce it, right? But why would anyone be so stupid as to release an email which contradicts a statement he just made?? None of this makes sense! Whirly
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Yeah I'm sure it's all his fault that poor, innocent, darling Yuna is crying now. What a horrid person!

Sure the music thing was a bad move on his part but when they decided to drop him and ignore him they also should have left the rink. There are so many ice rinks in Canada, in the world, Yuna has so much money she could go anywhere and bring David Wilson with her to choreograph her routines but no, she decided to stay at his rink for whatever reason. Honestly, what did they expect?
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:07 am

kitkat00, I do not disagree with your post, and for my part I did not mean to imply that this mess is entirely Orser's fault. If that is how my post came across then I certainly apologize.

As I said earlier I don't think any of us can know the whole truth of what happened (and perhaps we never will). But IMO none of those involved has handled the situation very well, Orser included. His statements are certainly inconsistent at best.
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 am

^ Ahh I'm sorry I was mostly replying to someone else, I think they might have deleted their post. It was about how Brian is making Yuna cry Embarassed Next time I reply to someone I should quote them.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 am

^ Hey no problem! Smile I thought it was more of a general reply to posts about Orser, actually, and was just responding to my part of it. But sorry I misunderstood. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:53 am

I am tired too that they always involve to Mao in her bussines Mad . Really I am not surprised about all this show, Yuna never had class, very talent but not class and very childish, same about Brian Rolling Eyes . Strange that people say that Mao is childish, when in the important moments she is the only one that show mature and class.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:23 am

ATS LA show poster shows S/Z and Joubert. Does this mean that these skaters will cancel their initial booking ? I don't mind them choosing LA but they have to be clear.
I feel there will be more fire between IMG and ATS.
It looks to me that ATS is actually runned by Mama Kim alone who thinks she knows more than she actually does. Sorry to all Yuna fans but looking from the past, she seems to have trouble with many people. Majoring in Yuna may not be enough... Who, me?
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:34 am

kitkat00 wrote:
Yeah I'm sure it's all his fault that poor, innocent, darling Yuna is crying now. What a horrid person!

Sure the music thing was a bad move on his part but when they decided to drop him and ignore him they also should have left the rink. There are so many ice rinks in Canada, in the world, Yuna has so much money she could go anywhere and bring David Wilson with her to choreograph her routines but no, she decided to stay at his rink for whatever reason. Honestly, what did they expect?

agree! she could build her own rink (like kwan her idol) and instead of lollygagging about, she should channel all her energies into building AT Sports into something remarkable.. likewise for her mother too. now she is into sports mgmt.. go manage other athletes.

what park and yuna need to remember is orser initially turned them down (when asked to train yuna in 06) and then persisted until he said yes and then turned her raw talent into supreme excellence on all fronts. park and yuna seem to think otherwise (maybe not so) but they should have given more respect to brian when they let him go. he did so much for her at least have a conversation about the rumors, the speculation and then discuss the future.... but NO.. and then to continue skating at the cricket club is rubbing orser's face into it big time. i think it is very selfish and smacks of big headedness and ego. ohhhh the ugly side of winning an OGM.

and if brian were to now coach mao (unlikely) it shouldnt be any concern to yuna and to park... lets face it, competitive skating is not just sport, it is business and it is ruthless.

yes, he prob shouldnt have mentioned the music (arirang, which most non koreans dont know), but he praised it and set such high expecatation for it. he didnt bash it. also he did not disclose the arrangement of the music, and or the style either. yuna/park it's done, work it to your advantage.

sorry for the rant.. but i agree with you.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:31 am

ddmm wrote:
ATS LA show poster shows S/Z and Joubert. Does this mean that these skaters will cancel their initial booking ? I don't mind them choosing LA but they have to be clear.

Just found out that S/Z won't be appearing in Carnival on Ice. It says in the official page that they won't be in the show due to 'personal business'(?). They probabaly chose to be in the LA show, which is okay. I'm disappointed they won't be here, but they've been to Japan already this year, so it's understandable. We love them, so nobody will say bad about them here. I don't know about ATS...but anyway, if it were the other way around, skaters who were supposed to appear in an ATS show cancelling to be in a show in Japan, I'm sure we'd have been bashed like hell from...you know which people I'm talking about. No

edit:Sorry, this seemed like old news to all of you...
Back to top Go down
SAKURA

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Just found out that S/Z won't be appearing in Carnival on Ice. It says in the official page that they won't be in the show due to 'personal business'(?). They probabaly chose to be in the LA show, which is okay. I'm disappointed they won't be here, but they've been to Japan already this year, so it's understandable.

Carnival on Ice is co-organized by IMG. The battle between IMG and Yuna mama will continue???

It must be very important for S/Z, who want to organize Ice shows in China every year, to keep a good relation with IMG, so that they can easily invite figure skaters under IMG. If S/Z chose to be in the LA show, I hope that they already agreed with IMG about their withdrawal from Carnival on Ice.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am

How about Brijou ?

FSU is such a mess.

By the way, is SHINKU in FSU someone from here ?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 pm

DUH! Very Mad I read about this yesterday, and the thought never even occurred to me until just now! I always thought that Brian had nothing to gain, and no reason to make up the whole Mao's agent approaching him to coach Mao ordeal. But he DID have something to gain! I'm not saying that he did in fact make it up, but if he did, this is probably the reason why.
Ok. Here is what I read:

"Orser said financial issues had nothing to do with the split. He denied reports of having received a $1 million bonus after KIm won the Olympics.

"I'm the lowest paid coach at this level in the history of figure skating,'' Orser said. "I get $110 an hour, and that is what I charged her. I did make something from Korean commercials, but there was no deal between us for that."

A Forbes.com story last week said Kim, a national hero in South Korea, had earned $9.5 million in the past year. Forbes said Kim ranked fifth in earnings over that time period among female athletes, after tennis players Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and race car driver Danica Patrick."

Maybe this was his way of trying to get more money from Yuna?! If he is wanted elsewhere, where he can make more money..... And soon afterward, he figured out that it wasn't a good plan afterall, and he backtracked and changed his story ..... Hm.....
Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question scratch

Last edited by Star85 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 pm

ddmm wrote:
How about Brijou ?

FSU is such a mess.

By the way, is SHINKU in FSU someone from here ?

Yep, that's me!
There's been a lot of drama in FSU over the past hour or so! Hell, no!

There had been a conspiracy theory about Orser and JSF getting together since May going around in FSU. No source on the info was given at first, so I asked. Then we found out it was only based on an anonymous comment to this article (http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-calgary/orser-dropped-by-yu-na-kim).

Then...what happened was just great! The 'Dragonlady' appeared in the FSU thread! People who go to ISU disucussion board must know her. Her daughter learns FS, she resides in Canada. She knows a great deal about the sport and what goes around backstage. And I for one trust her info 100%.

Anyway, she hadn't commented in the FSU Orser/Yuna incident topic all this time, but she did. She made it clear that Japanese skaters go to the Cricket Club every summer to train, and that was nothing new for Yuna or for anybody. She shut up all the bots who were in favor for the 'JSF Orser take-over' theory.

If you want to see the details, read from here (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74796&page=32) in FSU.
I'm glad I asked for the source for that first info...everyone seemed to trust it without any questioning at first... LMAO
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Those yunabots need to blame someone to make their queen innocent Razz
They just put JSF/Mao/IMG in their pockets. Every time, when they need to defend their queen, they will use JSF/Mao/IMG. I mean EVERY TIME.
Seems that Korean Kim fans and part Chinese Kim fans believe that all this mess is an IMG conspiracy towards Kim's show in LA. I was laughing like crazy when I first saw this theory. It is entertaining, really. They said that IMG envied the gorgeous cast of All That Skate LA and wanted to mess it up. Their imagination is impressive, I have to say.
About the Japanese juniors trained in Toronto thing, I remember that Mao once trained in Mariposa when she was young, right? And Kim also went to Mariposa when she was young. Is is possible that they met each other long long ago?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:22 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Those yunabots ...
They really aren't doing anything beneficial - posting the same garbled responses and abusing multi-quote is just making the entire thread cluttered and ridiculous (which is why I gave up reading it once thread #2 popped up). Their efforts are better put to use over at GS, IMO, because FSU has far too many sweet, canine-spouting bunny rabbits that are all too eager to correct false information and throw in snark whenever they see fit. It's a losing battle - why make things even more miserable? Laugh
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Those yunabots need to blame someone to make their queen innocent Razz
They just put JSF/Mao/IMG in their pockets. Every time, when they need to defend their queen, they will use JSF/Mao/IMG. I mean EVERY TIME.
Seems that Korean Kim fans and part Chinese Kim fans believe that all this mess is an IMG conspiracy towards Kim's show in LA. I was laughing like crazy when I first saw this theory. It is entertaining, really. They said that IMG envied the gorgeous cast of All That Skate LA and wanted to mess it up. Their imagination is impressive, I have to say.
About the Japanese juniors trained in Toronto thing, I remember that Mao once trained in Mariposa when she was young, right? And Kim also went to Mariposa when she was young. Is is possible that they met each other long long ago?

Rolling Eyes My conspiracy theory is much better than that one Wink lol
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks PochiPota for the posts by DL.

I felt relieved by reading her posts. I don’t like Brain for what he’s done to Miki and also his recent interviews, but I felt sorry for him that he’s been ignored by his student at a rink. He must have felt very sad.

Speaking of speculation, if a Mao/IMG/JSF conspiracy is possible, the following conspiracy is also possible: The Kim camp wanted to ditch Orser after the season is over (because he’s served their purpose, $110 an hour is too expensive, etc.), they sent a person disguised as a man/woman from Mao’s circle. Orser naively believed it and felt flattered and sent email and … now he's realized that he fell in the trap. This worked well to create a good case for saying good-by to him and making Mao team look bad. It is called "Killing Two Birds With One Stone" conspiracy.

Silly speculation Laughing
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Oh conspiracies, conspiracies! Laughing

Well i must say that Star85 has quite a nice conspiracy, and while it is quite likely it is not imaginative enough. Very Happy

Now linglang's story has people dressing up in disguise! That is inventive! Pure genius! lol!
Anyway I'm not really making fun of you guys, but i do have the feeling that neither party has told the whole truth about the situation. The amount of times that both Yuna and Orser have contradicted themselves should raise a few eyebrows! No

Last edited by Figure_skating_love on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Both sides are making way too much drama out of what is essentially a very simple situation: Yu-Na wants to move on, and Brian doesn't want to let go.

I agree with all the other members who have said that both Yu-na (and her team) and Brian should have acted with class and dignity and kept the whole thing between themselves. Dumping coaches isn't a new phenomenon. Why is it that, when it comes to Yu-na, everything has to involve conspiracies and plots, all with the intention of victimising her?

And, bizarrely, somehow Mao is always pulled into it. Very Mad

Sorry, I know I'm just repeating a lot of the frustrations that have already appeared in previous posts, but seriously, they need to resolve this thing already.

At least the journalists are having fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:58 pm

OMG this story is so strange, I didn't even read everything about it because there is too much speculation, and you know what? Nobody will come to say the truth, we are getting just some pieces of what they want to tell us.

I don't really care, is over for Yuna/Orser, ended on an bitter note, ugly for him and even more for her because she is too young to handle this situation correctly and ended up making a stupid statement she shouldn't have done and writing precipitately on twitter.

My concern is because every fucking thing that happens with Yuna, they drag Mao in. Mao has nothing to do with this drama, but they want to make her look bad, no matter what. This pisses me off so much Evil or Very Mad

And now just because Yuna's mother takes a lot of decisions for her, as it seems, Mao's mother is dragged into the 'stage mom' circle too, accused of being responsible for Mao problems with her coaches. ugh. Not even her mother scape. DDD:

Why those crazy Yuna fans don't accept the split and move on, instead of keep trying to blame another skater for their problems? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next