Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I love about Mao Asada!

Go down 
+20
mingming
aoi88
bibi
NarumiAyane
dangerous_angel_face
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
dlnnyc
☆Genie
maowataiyo
SoMiTripleAxel
snowdrops24
chineseteacup
yuki
sapphiresky
roma
Mirai
Liffey
josling
Batsuchan
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

What I love about Mao Asada! Empty
PostSubject: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:09 pm

In the CoR thread, summervie mentioned that we should be doing less advising and more supporting. I know I have been extremely guilty of the former, so I thought it was high time I started a list of all the things I love about Mao Asada, and I hope all of you share your thoughts! What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_flower

What I love about Mao Asada:
-her effortless grace and light, ethereal touch
-her beautiful lines and amazing flexibility
-the innate musicality
-that she never gives up
-that she tries to push the technical boundaries with her jumps, step sequences and her programs
-her one-handed Biellman, her spiral sequences
-her outside counter-clockwise spread eagle into a 2A
-her triple flip-triple loop, and that she dared to keep doing it until she got credit
-that she truly loves skating, and wants to keep competing as long as she can and then be a teacher

but most of all,
-her SMILE and her personality! What I love about Mao Asada! 420949

She who has kind words and thoughts for everyone and wears her heart on her sleeve--she is the one I love!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 pm

What a nice thread and post, Batsuchan! flower

I agree with all you said and I want to add

-that she always challenges herself
-that she's still well grounded and realistic while she has so much success
... Love Hearts

I think, I will find even more, but for now it's enough ! Smile

I just love all of HER, also when I sometimes don't like her programs, her costumes or her decisions, I just love all of MAO ASADA, because she's the best athlete in the world! Many Hearts

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh geez. I NEED a thread like this, after all the negativity lately (I just need to think about good things! cat )

What I love about Mao... Many Hearts

-The beauty she displays on ice, physically, and in her heart Love
-Her gorgeous edge quality on the ice
-Her spirals Swoon
- Her refusal to do "easy" step sequences
- Her stubborn nature Too sweet! (even when it annoys me! Razz Frustrated It's great that she has a strong point of view!)
-Her clean 3 axels. Wub
-That she's never given into negativity and has always been the epitome of class and sophistication. Many Hearts

And like Batsuchan- HER SMILE! sunny Everytime I see her smile I'm filled with joy. I hope we can see it more again soon. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 pm

This is a great thread! Very Happy Okay, my turn now~

Like a Star @ heaven What I absolutely ADORE about Mao Asada: Like a Star @ heaven
- The way her jumps always look so effortless and light, no matter how big or difficult they are. Cloud 9
- How she has the heart of a true champion by always trying to improve herself. Cheering
- Her charming personality that just makes her very approachable to fans. flower
- Her one-hand Biellmann; no matter who else does it, it will always remind me of Mao. Love Hearts
- Her AWESOME step sequences that have her determination ingrained in it and never fail to blow me away. cheers
- The fact that she was the one that made me fell in love with figure skating as a sport in the first place, and therefore has a very special spot in my heart. Love

And what I love most about Mao is...

She's uniquely MAO ASADA, and no one can be MAO ASADA with her grace, beauty and athleticism. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:09 pm

What I love about Mao:

- At first it was all about her being able to land clean 3As
- Then I was captivated by her smile and the way she skated on ice in the very first video I saw of her more than her 3As
- Her jumps which all looked so effortless and light on the ice like what Mirai listed
- Her charming personality
- Her gracefulness on the ice
- She thrives on challenges no matter if the outcome isn't favorable to her
- While other athletes may be conscious of what they eat trying to weigh less Mao actually loves food as what I saw in a lot of videos about Mao
- Mao is beautiful inside and out
- She loves dogs
- She goes after her goals and loves what she's doing
- She wants perfection in her craft
- She never gives up
- And just recently, her stubborn nature. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 am

I agree with everything you all said!

What I love about Mao:

- Her incredible work ethic! (Just wow, she practices X 1000!) WOW!
- Her beautiful skating (she made me fall back in love with figure skating after the previous era ended) Cloud 9
- Her ballet qualities, no one else can skate as much like a Ballerina as Mao!
- Her kind personality, and sometimes so cute!
- She never blames others and focuses on improving herself
- She pushes the boundaries on what women can do- Girlpower! Cheering
- Her incredible love for what she is doing- if she could, she would just skate all day, each and everyday. Love

And of course, for just being MAO! Wub I wish all the best for her! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 am

Hi there!

I am not good at English. So it's hard to explain how much I love Mao. But I'd like to say something for these hard times.

Of course I do love her noble beautiful skating-style more than anyone's. She is a real princess. queen

Not only that, I really love her personality.
Mao has never been proud and arrogant believing herself to be No.1 in the world.
She has never satisfied with herself and keeps striving for new heights because of real athlete.
She confronts what is wrong, and finally turns any weaknesses into a new strength.

I know her stoicism drives her into the corner sometimes, her perfectionism does not work well at a competition, and she is too honest to bypass the media-bashing. But I can't help supporting her because Mao never ever complains, not only that, she is willing to sacrifice various freedom. 
Who would not love such a sweet girl?  Wub  That's way I stand by her, no matter what happens. Cheering
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 am

Thank you, Batsuchan, for creating such a lovely thread. And thanks to everyone who has posted so far, for being the best Mao fans in the world Very Happy

What I love about Mao:

- Her love for Korean barbequed meat. It's my favourite food too!
- How much she loves her poodles, so much so that she once skated a program with Aero-chan and put "Aero, Komachi and Tiara" as her answer to the question of how she views herself Love Hearts
- Her wonderful smile after she skated a perfect LP at World Team Trophy.
- Her endless determination and work ethic.
- Just for being Mao Cheering
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 am

I am all for more and more and more of positivity and encouragement!! Please keep it coming, guys! flower Thanks for the thread, Batsuchan~Thumbs up!

What I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuurve Mao for:

- the sparkle in her eyes when she smiles Swoon
- that beneath the gentle demure demeanor beats a heart of a fighter
- her honesty on and off the ice
- never make excuses
- her soft stroking and effortless flow on the ice Love Hearts
- her Biellman and lovely extensions, posture and line Cloud 9
- the way she eats and enjoys food - makes me want to eat what she's eating too Razz
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 am

Nice idea Batsuchan!

I feel the same as all of you. If I start, I'll never stop.

I just love MAO ASADA!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 am

What is there not to love about Mao and her:

-sweet demeanor
-how soft-spoken she is
-aloofness at times
-wonderful sportsmanship
-how she can play the little sister card & @ the same time boss Mai around
-her love of LEGO
-crazy stamina

but what I love most about Mao is her grace & carriage on & off the ice. She is truly kind to people w/out any type of ego or DIVA moments. God is good & karma will come back to those who deserve it.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:35 pm

What I love about Mao Asada:
-Her smile
-Her elegant and beautiful skating edges.
-Her skating in general
-her kind personality
-Her love to her fans.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:19 pm

found this on youtube today. v. interesting that mao does want to skate to somber music. there are subtitles. would love people's thoughts.

http://bit.ly/2IQ40E
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm

dlnnyc wrote:
found this on youtube today. v. interesting that mao does want to skate to somber music. there are subtitles. would love people's thoughts.

Thank you, dlnnyc for the link. flower and welcome to the forum! cheers

I think it's great that Mao has the opportunity to tell people what she thinks about her program and what she would like to achieve with her music choice. Her interview gives us insight to her decision-making process.

I'd love to comment more on this clip, but since this is a cheer thread for Mao, is it possible for you or the moderator to move this to the Mao news thread instead? Razz
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:

Thank you, dlnnyc for the link. flower and welcome to the forum! cheers

I think it's great that Mao has the opportunity to tell people what she thinks about her program and what she would like to achieve with her music choice. Her interview gives us insight to her decision-making process.

I'd love to comment more on this clip, but since this is a cheer thread for Mao, is it possible for you or the moderator to move this to the Mao news thread instead? Razz

so sorry. i moved it to the new as you requested. thanks
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Ok, I thought of some more!

Mirai - that's right, I fell in love with figure skating all over again because of Mao - because I just happened to flip to the channel when she was skating and I was just completely charmed and blown away! What I love about Mao Asada! 323704

And what else I love:
-that she says being hugged by TAT "feels really good" and is very soft! What I love about Mao Asada! Herz
-that she waves at all the cameras!
-that she almost set off a fire alarm at one of the ice shows
-that she looked so surprised when Jeff Buttle kissed her ROTFLMAO
-that she has such a wonderful relationship with her sister Mai, and that she has a supportive, loving family What I love about Mao Asada! 5534

...and surely I'll think of more, but for now, here's my favorite Mao montage ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEgjXt-Ifw

Too cute! What I love about Mao Asada! 420949
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 pm

The ultimate Mao support thread! Thank you so much Batsuchan!!

This was a difficult list. When you love someone as a person it can be hard to pick out specific qualities rather than looking at them as one, big, wonderful whole.
But here's my list of Mao things that I adore (I may just be repeating a lot, but... :3):

Like a Star @ heaven She is optimistic. She loves life with all her heart even when it gives her trouble. You can tell from the very day that 12 year old girl set foot on the ice.
Like a Star @ heaven Her devotion--her loyalty and trust
Like a Star @ heaven Of course, her skating skills and bouncy, floaty style.
Like a Star @ heaven The fact that Mao is true to Mao. She is just herself.
Like a Star @ heaven Her resilience and acceptance for change. She has moved so much and had to spend time away from her family and friends--but she makes the best out of it!
Like a Star @ heaven She will never give up on her dreams. Ever.

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Great topic! I hope Mao reads it! I have been gone a few days, and have been having a hard time catching up on all the new posts. I never even did post anything under the Rostelecom Cup thread. I have plenty of comments about Mao, but have no answers, or advice for her. Nor is it my place to do so. All I can offer her is my support.

So without further ado, her is what I love about you Mao:

Love Your skating has more beauty than any other skater in history.
Love You're so delicate, and light on the ice. And you have so much fluidity. This is an ideal trait in a skater for me, especially a female skater.
Love Your flexibility!
Love Your spins are gorgeous! No female skater does them better!
Love Your spirals are gorgeous too! They're every bit as good as Sashas'!
Love No one makes step sequences look as good as you. With most skaters, this is the point in the program where I will get a bit board, but not with you. Your step sequences are exciting, and full of passion!
Love Your facial expressions are great. Not over done. Not underdone.
Love Your expression in your body, your artistry, and the way you interperate the music are PHENOMINAL! This is something I think you're better at than anyone else!
Love Your jumps are always pretty, light, and delicate looking. Never heavy or clunky. This is a trait many skaters don't have, and it's very desireable. Even when you fall, it somehow still usually looks pretty!
Love You can do the 3A, and how you never give up on it. I'm also very impressed at how you can even do a quad, and that you plan on working on it again! Which brings me to my next point...
Love You're always challenging, and pushing yourself to be better, and better. This is a true champion.
Love You're a stong girl!
Love Your passion, and dedication! We can all tell you really love what you do!
Love You have a great personality! You're very sweet, and kind. I wish I knew you, and was your friend. Maybe someday Wub
Love You're a very beautiful girl on the outside as well!
Love Your skating is so good, and so beautiful, it has brought tears to my eyes! Not too many skaters have made me do that. And NONE have done that as many times as you!

Mao, I wish you all the luck in the world. I know you will come out of your slump - that's all it is - a slump. Everyone knows how good you are, and we still believe in you 100% Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 am

Star85 wrote:

Even when you fall, it somehow still usually looks pretty!

Oh my, you're actually right! Somehow, when Mao falls (*touch wood* XD), it's like an angel descending onto earth. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Mirai!! I *ADORE* your avatar. What I love about Mao Asada! 5534 I *covet* your avatar! It is soo good. I want a wallpaper like that. What I love about Mao Asada! 338429

bek reminded me of something else I love about Mao Asada (on FSU)
-that she never makes excuses for her bad performances, and that she always takes responsibility.

Sometimes I think she's too hard on herself, but I can't help but be impressed by the girl who refused to tell the media that she broke her finger before 2006 and sprained her ankle before 2008 Worlds because she didn't want to sound like she was making excuses. What I love about Mao Asada! 334446
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:29 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Mirai!! I *ADORE* your avatar. What I love about Mao Asada! 5534 I *covet* your avatar! It is soo good. I want a wallpaper like that. What I love about Mao Asada! 338429

bek reminded me of something else I love about Mao Asada (on FSU)
-that she never makes excuses for her bad performances, and that she always takes responsibility.

Sometimes I think she's too hard on herself, but I can't help but be impressed by the girl who refused to tell the media that she broke her finger before 2006 and sprained her ankle before 2008 Worlds because she didn't want to sound like she was making excuses. What I love about Mao Asada! 334446

Omg really!? I didn't even know those things, makes me love her even more flower
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 am

Batsuchan: Yeahhh!! Isn't it super adorable? Many Hearts I was thinking that I hope it would cheer Mao up if she was reminded how much she is adored no matter what! sunny

And Mao has a really great attitude~! An attitude worthy of a champion! queen
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:14 pm

-the contrast between her light skating and her huge jumps
-how effortless her skating looks
-her beautiful 3A
-her one-hand bielleman
-her step sequence
-her athleticism, flexibility and stamina
-when she skates it's like the music flows through her soul and body
-her sweet, charming, adorable personality
-her smile
-how she does little jumps on the ice when she's happy/excited. So cute!
-her incredible work ethic
-she never makes excuses
-her sportsmanship. I think Mao is the definition "a true champion and athlete"
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:49 pm

THE FACT THAT SHE NEVER GIVES UP!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:08 pm

NarumiAyane wrote:
THE FACT THAT SHE NEVER GIVES UP!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!

YAH !! absolutely right!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I love about Mao Asada!   What I love about Mao Asada! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I love about Mao Asada!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next