Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America

Go down 
+25
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
polosatik
bekalc
illani
inskate
tianrushui
chiyori
summervie
Aibhlin
josling
Mirai
dlnnyc
MaoMaoRevolution
Liffey
roma
coolmeia
Batsuchan
chapis
☆Genie
ddmm
bibi
clovera
chineseteacup
Star85
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Ok, I guess I will do the honors of starting a thread for Skate America.

So first news about S.A.: Sasha has withdrawn again Sad. Emily Hughes will replace her. Many people were already predicting this would happen, but I was really hoping they would be proved wrong. Once again, Sashas fans will have to wait to see her come back. I was pretty excited to see her skate again. She is my second fave next to Mao. So if we're lucky, we'll get to see her compete a whopping three times at most this season No . And I don't think she will be coming back next season no matter what. Dissapointing Sad

Takahito Mura has also withdrawn due to injury. He has been replaced by Igor Macypura of Slovakia. I'm not familiar with either of them.

Gosh, this has been a horrible season for injuries! I don't even think I can keep up with them all! pale
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 am

I've very disappointed that Sasha has withdrawn again. I was so looking forward to seeing her skate competitively again. She used to be my favourite skater, before I became aware of Mao.

I wish Sasha all the best at Nationals, but I have this feeling that we'll only get a repeat of what's happened with the Grand Prix. I hope that Sasha will prove me wrong and come back stronger than before.

Wow, I didn't realise Emily Hughes was still competing. I'm kinda behind in terms of the U.S. figure-skating scene.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Wow, I didn't realise Emily Hughes was still competing. I'm kinda behind in terms of the U.S. figure-skating scene.
Her only international competition was TEB last year, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sincerely hoping Sasha isn't going to pull an MK (i.e., announcing a return to competition but ultimately not competing) but like chineseteacup I have a horrible feeling she will. silent
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 am

clovera wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
I'm sincerely hoping Sasha isn't going to pull an MK (i.e., announcing a return to competition but ultimately not competing) but like chineseteacup I have a horrible feeling she will. silent
That's what worries me.... I don't want her to ask USFigureSkating to send her to the olympics (like Michelle Kwan did) when she'll not have competed all season long, this would be ridiculous! They are about 6 us ladies who will battle the spot on the olympic team and they all deserve it, but there are only 2 spots..
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:39 am

I really REALLY want to see Sasha skate at the Olympics again, but I do understand that it would be unfair to the other skaters competing for the honour if USFSA (is that what they're called?) found some sort of loophole in the regulations and sent Sasha even when the other skaters skated better.

That being said, I hope that Sasha will do her utmost best at Nationals so there'll be a legitimate reason to send her.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:52 am

Thank you for the news.
Anybody know why Sasha has withdrawn ? Like many people, I predicted that this would happen. Maybe she's not motivated anymore after seeing weird scores in the GPS. I bet she won't be competing at all and if my prediction is right, I understand her.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
I really REALLY want to see Sasha skate at the Olympics again, but I do understand that it would be unfair to the other skaters competing for the honour if USFSA (is that what they're called?) found some sort of loophole in the regulations and sent Sasha even when the other skaters skated better.

That being said, I hope that Sasha will do her utmost best at Nationals so there'll be a legitimate reason to send her.

I agree. I really really want to see her skate at the Olympics again too, but it really wouldn't be fair if she were to get there that way. Not only has she not competed all season, but she hasn't competed for four years.

ddmm wrote:
Thank you for the news.
Anybody know why Sasha has withdrawn ? Like many people, I predicted that this would happen. Maybe she's not motivated anymore after seeing weird scores in the GPS. I bet she won't be competing at all and if my prediction is right, I understand her.

ddmm: Sasha withdrew because she is still battleling the same injury which caused her to withdraw from TEB.

I don't think she is unmotivated. She was motivated enough to make a comback, and hire a coach, choreographer, and buy all her dresses, and skates out of her own pocket (she hasn't competed recently enough for USFSA to sponser her this season). If she actually is physically capable of competing right now, I think the reason she isn't being honest about it would be because she isn't confident that her skating is up to par yet, and wants more time. I kind of doubt this is the case though. I truely do believe she is injured, and just wants to be extra careful worsen her injury, since the olympics are so close.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm

I agree, Star85. Despite her taking a four-year gap in competitive skating and withdrawing from both of her GP events, I believe that Sasha made her comeback announcement in good faith. When you take into consideration all the effort she has gone to re-organise her skating career (hiring a coach, choreographer etc. - as you said), no one can dismiss this as a publicity stunt. And that wouldn't be consistent with what people who follow Sasha's skating know about her. She does genuinely love skating, or she wouldn't have come this far.

I think that ddmm also may be onto something. Whilst there's no doubt in terms of Sasha's desire to return to competition, the motivation factor may be causing her some trouble. The scores in the GPS may be one factor in all this. I think that the prospect of competing against the current 'Greats', Mao and Yu-Na, would be off-putting to anyone who hasn't been skating competitively for such a long time.

But yes, I think that Sasha has withdrawn because of her injuries too. Unfortunately, for as beautiful a sport as figure-skating, there are a minefield of dangers and risks of injuries. I hope it's nothing too serious!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Omg, I wanted to see Sasha skate because she is the only female that can bring back the artistic side in figure skating!! Like you know her romeo and julliet, THAT WAS REAL EMOTION! Not some forced emotion because the coach told you do so, (everybody is doing the O shape thing these days)......I wish the artistic part of figure skating makes a comeback and it's always about the amount of triples you do, but if your overall performance is enough to bring people to tears and make them speechless(like claire de lune) then it means more than anything. More than how many triples you land. Because in the end, you feel happy for doing what you love.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh no, it`s enough, she is one of my favorites figure skaters, or she was. first she was not to TEB and I was so sad, then Mao with all her problems now Sad , this is too much for me, then I am going to worried just for someone that really worth it, and is Mao of course I love you Cheering . Thanks Sasha for yours past performances, but it is enough for me, I am sure she won`t be at Nat, but if for some weird reason she is there Suspect , I just will go to bathroom or drink water during her performance Disappointed .

sorry my english
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Oh no, it`s enough, she is one of my favorites figure skaters, or she was. first she was not to TEB and I was so sad, then Mao with all her problems now Sad , this is too much for me, then I am going to worried just for someone that really worth it, and is Mao of course I love you Cheering . Thanks Sasha for yours past performances, but it is enough for me, I am sure she won`t be at Nat, but if for some weird reason she is there Suspect , I just will go to bathroom or to drink water during her performance Disappointed .
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello Everyone!
I'm in lake placid and I watched some of the practices today. I got Yu Na's autograph and a picture with her! She's really sweet, just like Mao Wink! I called her name once and she came to see us right away, I was really suprised loll... I thought it would be difficult to get to see her because of all the medias and stuff but no, I got it on the first day Wink
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:45 pm

That's great that you got her autograph, bibi! Very Happy

She was very nice when I asked for her autograph at Worlds, but since she just happened to pass by and I wasn't prepared, my mom and I totally made fools of ourselves...couldn't get the camera to work, couldn't find my pen, etc...oh it was pathetic.. Skate America 750217

When I saw her later I swore she looked at me and was like, "that's that crazy girl!" ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
That's great that you got her autograph, bibi! Very Happy

She was very nice when I asked for her autograph at Worlds, but since she just happened to pass by and I wasn't prepared, my mom and I totally made fools of ourselves...couldn't get the camera to work, couldn't find my pen, etc...oh it was pathetic.. Skate America 750217

When I saw her later I swore she looked at me and was like, "that's that crazy girl!" ROTFLMAO

haha, I can understand you a little bit ahah, I was pretty nervous too Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Omg, I wanted to see Sasha skate because she is the only female that can bring back the artistic side in figure skating!! Like you know her romeo and julliet, THAT WAS REAL EMOTION! Not some forced emotion because the coach told you do so, (everybody is doing the O shape thing these days)......I wish the artistic part of figure skating makes a comeback and it's always about the amount of triples you do, but if your overall performance is enough to bring people to tears and make them speechless(like claire de lune) then it means more than anything. More than how many triples you land. Because in the end, you feel happy for doing what you love.

I know. She should compete at SA. She can just show up, try to land 3 triple jumps, the make on other jump a double and land them cleanly. With that, I think she will be on the podium. But too bad, she decide not to compete Mad

I really really want to see Sasha here cause I want to see how the judges will do on the PCS on Sasha vs Yuna.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 pm

bibi wrote:
Hello Everyone!
I'm in lake placid and I watched some of the practices today. I got Yu Na's autograph and a picture with her! She's really sweet, just like Mao Wink! I called her name once and she came to see us right away, I was really suprised loll... I thought it would be difficult to get to see her because of all the medias and stuff but no, I got it on the first day Wink

Lucky you, you make me jealous Crying or Very sad. I wish I can watch it live too. Can you please give us some report on the practices since you have chance watching them. How is Yuna speed? Many commentators talking about Yuna speed when she skate. So, could you please give us some report on that too.

Thanks!

Last edited by coolmeia on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:21 am

Bibi, you are so lucky! You now have autographs and pics with both Mao and Yuna! Since Mao and Miki aren't competitng, my whole support goes to Yuna. hehe...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:33 am

Hope you have fun at SA, bibi! And Yu-Na sounds very friendly Smile

And happy (belated) 18th birthday! flower
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 am

bibi wrote:
Hello Everyone!

OMG, I am so jealous, Bibi! I hope I can meet her too, but as I'm arriving in Lake Placid tonight when the competition starts, it's probably going to be more difficult to get her autograph than in practice. Great to hear she was nice, though-- I've never heard anything different! Love Hearts I love how Mao and Yuna are billed as these great rivals and skaters, but are actually very sweet and humble women. Wub
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:31 am

coolmeia wrote:
bibi wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Lucky you, you make me jealous Crying or Very sad. I wish I can watch it live too. Can you please give us some report on the practices since you have chance watching them. How is Yuna speed? Many commentators talking about Yuna speed when she skate. So, could you please give us some report on that too.

Thanks!

Yu-Na's speed is definetely superior to any ladies competing here in Skate America...she just has to do a few crossovers and she gains a lot of speed. I can't compare it to Carolina Kostner, for example, because she's not competing here, but Yu Na is really fast.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Wow you're lucky bibi! You too Liffey! It seems like you get to do lot's of really cool stuff bibi, and you're only 18! I'm so jealous!

I got to see Yuna at SA last year, but I never got to meet her. She made eye contact with me though! lol. And Miki smiled at me... Ok I'm rambling. haha.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:04 pm

YUNA! Please get your act together for the short program Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cNbHdl_ZVc
She was the only person left in my opinion that looked solid coming into the olympics! I really hope she does well. ><.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 pm

She definitely has problem with her 3F but don't worry, she'll still get high score.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:40 pm

ddmm wrote:
She definitely has problem with her 3F but don't worry, she'll still get high score.

Yeah, I'm sure her PCS will carry her to the top despite this Smile
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:40 pm

WOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next