Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting cop movies?

Go down 
+5
iceskatingfan
tilitom
Batsuchan
MikiAndoFan#1
inskate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Interesting cop movies? Empty
PostSubject: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:26 am

And no, I don't mean code of points. lol!

I'm looking for interesting movies that feature policemen/policewomen who play a significant role in the plot. They can be protagonists, antagonists, or just ambivalent supporting characters...

The date of production doesn't matter ('40s movies are just fine as contemporary ones). Any genre is fine (crime, horror, thriller, drama, action...). I'd prefer the plot to be more-or-less realistic.

I'll be grateful for any help! I love you
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 am

Have you already seen Valentine? I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but it's an amazing horror movie!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:52 pm

You've made me very curious, inskate! flower Is this for some project or just your own enjoyment? Very Happy

Have you seen "The Departed"? Though the original Hong Kong movie on which it's based, "Infernal Affairs," is better, in my opinion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs

And speaking of Hong Kong movies, one very cheesy/bad film that I enjoyed (like a guilty pleasure) was "So Close."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Close

And despite it being a cheesy "pretty girl assassin/hackers kicking butt" film, I was quite shocked/moved by the ending, which was completely unexpected. (That also has a butt-kicking policewoman). Oh, this one's definitely not realistic though. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 am

oh wow i can give you a lot of titles if you are looking for H'wood movies...i watch a lot of hollywood movies...the most recent one i saw has bruce willis and its called "16 blocks." it's actually a 2006 film. i think it got very good reviews too.

the departed is definitely something to watch :-) i think all scorsese films are!

"face-off" too is a must-watch. i don't really like it but it got very good reviews too even from roger ebert! (though technically it's not really a "cop" movie...the good guys were fbi agents=)

i love "rashomon" too. it's a very old japanese film and the cop had a very little role in it but the entire thing is amazing...way ahead of its time
Back to top Go down
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

Kindergarten Cop!!

Very funny movie =D.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 am

inskate, are you looking for something on American cops or would you go for something more international? And do they have to be films? What about some TV stuff?

TV:The Closer, Homocide;Life on the Streets, Dexter
They're perfect to get a peek into officer ranks, rivalry for promotion and knowing the difference between ordinary policemen and detectives.

Film:Training Day, The Negotiator, French Connection, L.A. Confidential, Serpico, In the Heat of the Night...
Tried to focus on reality, here.

International police stuff:Cracker, Prime Suspect, Jack Frost series(all British TV), Citizen X (not Russian but gives you a view of what Russian police was like during the Solviet era based on a horrific true story), Vessel of Sand (Japanese film)...I wish I had some other good Japanese stuff for you, but most of them are quite boring and very unrealistic.

I promise you they're at least all worth watching just for the entertainment. I hate unrealistic stuff(unless it's comedy) so, I'm quite confident about the ones I mentioned here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:44 pm

oooooh i think i have another one--"ghost in the shell 2:innocence" Worship
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:07 am

tilitom wrote:
I'm not sure if sci-fi counts. Laugh
GIS2:innocence was brilliant though - it's by far my favorite animated work out of all the series and films GitS spawned. Yep!
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 am

clovera wrote:
tilitom wrote:
GIS2:innocence was brilliant though - it's by far my favorite animated work out of all the series and films GitS spawned. Yep!

yay!!! an innocence fan!!!

see you around clovera-san! cheers
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:12 pm

tilitom wrote:
clovera wrote:
tilitom wrote:

Wow! Inoccnce fans even in Mao's forum! Quite impressing!
I used music from the film for one of my Mao vids.
If you haven't seen it please take shot at it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXzU6f2hQ0
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ds333

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Have you ever seen Police Story ? Jackie Chan took the main character. There are many series of Police Story. I think the lastest movie is the best one.
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
tilitom wrote:
clovera wrote:
tilitom wrote:

Shocked reallllly!!!???? will go check it out now!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 pm

tilitom wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
tilitom wrote:
clovera wrote:
tilitom wrote:

Shocked reallllly!!!???? will go check it out now!!!!!!

that was powerful...i'm having an emo moment here...whew... Worship
Worship Worship Encore Encore

well what to say....keep those videos coming PochinkoPotanko!!! and thanks for sharing hugshugs Bawling
Back to top Go down
BoringGirl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 am

inskate wrote:
And no, I don't mean code of points. lol!

I'm looking for interesting movies that feature policemen/policewomen who play a significant role in the plot. They can be protagonists, antagonists, or just ambivalent supporting characters...

The date of production doesn't matter ('40s movies are just fine as contemporary ones). Any genre is fine (crime, horror, thriller, drama, action...). I'd prefer the plot to be more-or-less realistic.

I'll be grateful for any help! I love you

A few of my favorite cop movies,
Terminator 2
Robo cop
Heat
Seven
the Untouchables
Die Hard
Beverly Hills Cop
K9 Cop
pop up tv lift
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting cop movies?   Interesting cop movies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting cop movies?
Page 1 of 1