Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen

Go down 
+15
sapphiresky
mingming
josling
mika
clovera
bibi
roma
tianrushui
Liffey
Star85
chapis
chineseteacup
MaoMaoRevolution
supportmaoasada
Batsuchan
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Empty
PostSubject: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm

The next Mao book is going to be released next week! Thumbs up!

浅田真央、18歳 = Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen
http://www.bunshun.co.jp/cgi-bin/book_db/book_detail.cgi?isbn=9784163720302

I love the cover!

It's supposed to be released on December 10. That's a day after my birthday, so it will be a great present for myself! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:22 am

Batsuchan wrote:
The next Mao book is going to be released next week! Thumbs up!

浅田真央、18歳 = Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen
http://www.bunshun.co.jp/cgi-bin/book_db/book_detail.cgi?isbn=9784163720302

I love the cover!

It's supposed to be released on December 10. That's a day after my birthday, so it will be a great present for myself! Hell, no!

I want to buy this! Do you know if we can buy it outside Japan?
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Thank you for the link!!

Just out of curiosity, are these books fan-written, or by someone who has "inside" access to Team Mao and her family? Surprised
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Ooh, can't wait Smile I'm really excited, even though I won't be able to read the book, because of my non-existent skills in Japanese Sad

I wonder if I can order it from Amazon.jp. They did a fine job delivering the first three books Smile
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:50 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Thank you for the link!!

Just out of curiosity, are these books fan-written, or by someone who has "inside" access to Team Mao and her family? Surprised

study is a friend of the Mao´s family I think, this must be a really interesting book, please japanese speakers share some when you have time Laughing

sorry my english
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:36 pm

I really wish they would come out with some Mao books in English Sad
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Star85 wrote:
I really wish they would come out with some Mao books in English Sad

I so second that!

And I don't understand why the Mao Chronicles (sorry, I don't know what else to call them Embarassed) haven't been translated into English. Our posters here (with a special kudos to Batsuchan) do such an admirable job of translating it. It would be nice if the publishers could officially introduce an English version of the books onto the market.

I would definitely buy them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:07 pm

My brother speaks Japanese fluenty and is currently a visiting scholar at Kyoto University (he's a semester away from earning his PhD in Linguistics). He spends most of his time working on his dissertation which is translating poetry written in Old Japanese into English... I wonder if he's be willing to translate the Mao Eighteen book for me? ROTFLMAO

Maybe after that PhD is finished (and I offer some compensation)! Sweatdrop Laugh
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Liffey wrote:
My brother speaks Japanese fluenty and is currently a visiting scholar at Kyoto University (he's a semester away from earning his PhD in Linguistics). He spends most of his time working on his dissertation which is translating poetry written in Old Japanese into English... I wonder if he's be willing to translate the Mao Eighteen book for me? ROTFLMAO

Maybe after that PhD is finished (and I offer some compensation)! Sweatdrop Laugh

You're so lucky you've got someone in the family who can translate Japanese! I'm totally envious Razz .

I'm thinking about taking up Japanese in university next year. It may be a while before I can translate anything, though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:23 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Liffey wrote:

You're so lucky you've got someone in the family who can translate Japanese! I'm totally envious Razz .

I'm thinking about taking up Japanese in university next year. It may be a while before I can translate anything, though Very Happy

He CAN translate it; it doesn't mean he will. ROTFLMAO He's really busy doing important linguistic stuff and such. I'm going to have to bribe him. Fried Razz

I'll definitely ask him to pick me up a copy before he leaves Japan in January, though. Smile Batsuchan, do you know if it will be in most bookstores? Is there a specific chain I should tell my brother to go to? Do they have national chains of bookstores in Japan like in the US? I have no idea what's in Kyoto. confused
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Liffey wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
Liffey wrote:

He CAN translate it; it doesn't mean he will. ROTFLMAO He's really busy doing important linguistic stuff and such. I'm going to have to bribe him. Fried Razz

I'll definitely ask him to pick me up a copy before he leaves Japan in January, though. Smile Batsuchan, do you know if it will be in most bookstores? Is there a specific chain I should tell my brother to go to? Do they have national chains of bookstores in Japan like in the US? I have no idea what's in Kyoto. confused
I think it will be sold on Amazon.jp.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 pm

tianrushui wrote:

I think it will be sold on Amazon.jp.

Ohhh, that's easy. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm

It should be pretty easy getting it off Amazon.

My only gripe with Amazon is the cost of delivery. When I bought my copy of Sasha Cohen's autobiography from Amazon US, the delivery cost more than the book itself! Suspect

I think the delivery for the first three Mao books to my place in Australia came to a total of $30 AUD. It should be cheaper if you're getting it delivered to the States.

Last edited by chineseteacup on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 pm

chineseteacup wrote:

My only gripe with Amazon is the cost of delivery. When I bought my copy of Sasha Cohen's autobiography from Amazon US, the delivery cost more than the book itself! affraid

I think the delivery for the first three Mao books to my place in Australia came to a total of $30 AUD. It should be cheaper if you're getting it delivered to the States.
I asked my friend in Japan to buy stuff for me from Amazon and she delivered it to me. This would be cheaper than you directly order from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 pm

tianrushui wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:

My only gripe with Amazon is the cost of delivery. When I bought my copy of Sasha Cohen's autobiography from Amazon US, the delivery cost more than the book itself! affraid

I asked my friend in Japan to buy stuff for me from Amazon and she delivered it to me. This would be cheaper than you directly order from Amazon.

Now I just have to get me a friend in Japan Razz .

It's okay, I can deal with paying extra for Mao-related goods. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:19 am

At YesAsia it says release date is on December 19 and costs $24.49 (US & CAN) or $25.99 (Global). I know it's probably a bit more expensive but they do have free international shipping. Is it available for preorder at Amazon?

Star85 wrote:
I really wish they would come out with some Mao books in English
Me too...

Last edited by roma on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 am

Hi roma, can you tell me how to order the book through YesAsia? Do they ship to Australia?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:48 am

chapis wrote:
study is a friend of the Mao´s family I think, this must be a really interesting book, please japanese speakers share some when you have time Laughing

sorry my english

Thank you! I figure it had to be someone close to the family to get so many cute stories from Mao's childhood Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:39 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Hi roma, can you tell me how to order the book through YesAsia? Do they ship to Australia?

Thanks.

It's quite easy to order from there but I noticed they increased the minimum order to $39 to be able to avail of free shipping. Last year it was only $25 when I bought some Nodame Cantabile manga and specials. Razz

Australia (zone 2) is included so long as you select standard shipping during payment.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/customer-support/0-0-0-hti.1574-en/question-answer.html

It did take quite a bit to reach me but then postal service here in my country is quite bad.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm

roma wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:

Thanks.

It's quite easy to order from there but I noticed they increased the minimum order to $39 to be able to avail of free shipping. Last year it was only $25 when I bought some Nodame Cantabile manga and specials. Razz

Australia (zone 2) is included so long as you select standard shipping during payment.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/customer-support/0-0-0-hti.1574-en/question-answer.html

It did take quite a bit to reach me but then postal service here in my country is quite bad.

Thank you very much Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 pm

If you live in the US or Canada...you can purchase the book here:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/asada-mao-jiyuuhatsusai/1021690856-0-0-0-en/info.html

cheers
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
If you live in the US or Canada...you can purchase the book here:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/asada-mao-jiyuuhatsusai/1021690856-0-0-0-en/info.html

cheers

Ohh! That's awesome Smile ! Thanks! Do you know a place where I could purchase her sixteen and seventeen year old book? I already have the fifteen one and I would like to have the complete collection Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 pm

^^The Global version costs $1.50 more. It does take a bit longer to ship at 21 days. scratch

http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/mao-asada/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.mao+asada-en/list.html

I don't see Mao @ 17 in that list...

Do you think Kinokuniya bookstores aside from Japan have this? They have Kinokuniya in Australia and in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 pm

roma wrote:
Do you think Kinokuniya bookstores aside from Japan have this? They have Kinokuniya in Australia and in Singapore.
It's one of the books offered on their BookWeb service, so one of the larger Kinokuniya stores should have it...or so I would think (the store in San Francisco had the previous Mao books and several issues of the World Figure Skating magazine). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:26 am

clovera wrote:
roma wrote:
It's one of the books offered on their BookWeb service, so one of the larger Kinokuniya stores should have it...or so I would think (the store in San Francisco had the previous Mao books and several issues of the World Figure Skating magazine). Very Happy

It would be so awesome if Kinokuniya sold this book.

However, from experience, books from Kinokuniya tend to be more expensive than those from other bookstores in Australia. The foreign books are more expensive still.

bibi wrote:
Thanks! Do you know a place where I could purchase her sixteen and seventeen year old book? I already have the fifteen one and I would like to have the complete collection Very Happy!

Try Amazon.co.jp . I bought all three books from there and the delivery was really fast. I got it in a week or so.

Here's the link to the seventeen book: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4163709207/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en%5FJP

I pretty sure they should ship to Canada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen   Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao Asada, Brilliant Eighteen
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next