Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canadian Nationals

Go down 
+12
aoi88
coolmeia
Oscilla
illani
clovera
coconut
chiyori
MikiAndoFan#1
☆Genie
roma
bibi
Star85
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Canadian nationals start today, so I thought do the honors to start a thread. I am one of the lucky people who lives in an area that gets cbc, so I get to watch them! Boy, this competition, and US nationals are going on in the same weekend. I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the couch in the upcoming week!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 pm

So Am I Razz ! haha

Ladies Results after SP:

RankCompetitor(s)SectionSPFPPoints
1Cynthia PhaneufQC66.30-66.30
2Joannie RochetteQC64.15-64.15
3Amélie LacosteQC53.99-53.99
4Myriane SamsonQC53.51-53.51
5Adriana DeSanctisCO48.58-48.58
6Diane SzmiettWO48.19-48.19
7Dallas DanielAB/NT/NU47.90-47.90
8Kate CharbonneauMB47.90-47.90
9Vanessa SauriolQC46.24-46.24
10Izabel ValiquetteQC46.21-46.21
11Vanessa GrenierQC44.67-44.67
12Daniela-Bella FavotWO40.98-40.98
13Kristy BellWO40.21-40.21
14Erin ScherrerWO40.02-40.02
15Mira LeungBC/YT36.45-36.45
16Rylie McCulloch-CasarsaWO34.96-34.96
17McKenzie CrawfordWO33.90-33.90
18Alexandra NajarroCO32.88-32.88

Pairs Results after SP:

RankCompetitor(s)SectionSPFPPoints
1Anabelle Langlois / Cody HayQC65.47-65.47
2Jessica Dubé / Bryce DavisonQC62.87-62.87
3Meagan Duhamel / Craig BuntinQC62.38-62.38
4Mylène Brodeur / John MattatallNS60.33-60.33
5Paige Lawrence / Rudi SwiegersSK58.22-58.22
6Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan MoscovitchWO54.46-54.46
7Brittany Jones / Kurtis GaskellWO49.11-49.11
8Anne-Marie Giroux / Eric RadfordQC48.75-48.75
9Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew EvansQC46.26-46.26
10Kaleigh Hole / Adam JohnsonWO46.00-46.00
11Monica Pisotta / Michael StewartCO44.79-44.79
12Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre CôtéQC42.35-42.35
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Oh crap now I know what happens! My dvr started recording that an hour ago, and I was just about to go watch it! It's ok though bibi, I'm not mad at you at all Smile It's my fault, I shouldn't have come back to the thread seeing that a Canadian had posted on here after the event had already happened. Duh! Stupid me!

What happened with Joannie?! Guess I'm off to go find out right now...
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm

OHhh! I'm soooooo sorry!! I should write on the top of my post that I'm going to post the results next time!...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Huh?! Joannie is only in second?! Shocked What happened? Good for Cynthia, though. Kurt Browning tweeted that his fave moment so far was Cynthia going for it and holding nothing back. It must have been a really good skate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 pm

cynthia was pretty good:)
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm surprised about Joannie, but I already took a look at the protocols and she fell on the 3Lz, so maybe that's the reason she's in 2nd. But I'm so thrilled for Cynthia! If she can hold it together in LP, she might win her second national title!

Cheering

Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Hmmm I had a good feeling about this comp until the last competitor. An average Chan with a hand down on his planned combination and who could only tack a double on his planned solo triple just scored 90.14... I agree that Patrick should have the highest PCS (though maybe not by 11 points), but he also has the highest TES while Chipeur was clean and very much "on"...

Anyway, I get that they're trying to give him a confidence boost but a 12 point lead is pushing it in my opinion. It's just disappointing for the other skaters who did not seem to benefit from the typical Nationals overscoring.

ETA: How did you manage to copy-paste those tables, bibi?
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 pm

I saw Joannie's new costume here. It's gorgeous!
can't wait to see their performances. Good luck!

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=103&st=k&remem=x&kw=Canadian+championships+figure+skating&intv=3d
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:28 pm

coconut wrote:
I saw Joannie's new costume here. It's gorgeous!
can't wait to see their performances. Good luck!

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=103&st=k&remem=x&kw=Canadian+championships+figure+skating&intv=3d

Uhh! I like it! It's much better than the other one!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 pm

chiyori wrote:
Hmmm I had a good feeling about this comp until the last competitor. An average Chan with a hand down on his planned combination and who could only tack a double on his planned solo triple just scored 90.14... I agree that Patrick should have the highest PCS (though maybe not by 11 points), but he also has the highest TES while Chipeur was clean and very much "on".
Dai's 92 with a generous GoE boost and Plushy's 100 with the "Russian bonus points for difficult elements" on their SP look pretty reasonable now. Sweatdrop It also makes the NA media outlets criticizing Dai and Plushy's Nats scores look like total fools because Skate Canada has just done the same thing with PatChan and I'm sure USFSA is bound to follow should Evan skate clean. Eek. Lips sealed

I hope Joannie can put it together in the FS; she's definitely struggling again. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 pm

chiyori wrote:
Hmmm I had a good feeling about this comp until the last competitor. An average Chan with a hand down on his planned combination and who could only tack a double on his planned solo triple just scored 90.14... I agree that Patrick should have the highest PCS (though maybe not by 11 points), but he also has the highest TES while Chipeur was clean and very much "on"...

Anyway, I get that they're trying to give him a confidence boost but a 12 point lead is pushing it in my opinion. It's just disappointing for the other skaters who did not seem to benefit from the typical Nationals overscoring.

ahah, I just copy-paste it from the results page that I found on skatecanada.ca Razz I underlined here (the mens results for examplehttp://www.patinagecanada.ca/fr/events_results/events/cdns10Result.cfm)it all and it worked fine Smile

as for PatChan,
I agree with you that his jumps (especially the 3-3, because I thought the 3axel was amazing!) were not better than Vaugh...but the technical element scores are based on 8 elements and the jumps are only 3 of them...Patrick managed to get level 4 on everything else which means on 6 elements! The other competitors did not do this and I don't think Plushenko did this either...but he got 100 points!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 pm

bibi wrote:
chiyori wrote:

ahah, I just copy-paste it from the results page that I found on skatecanada.ca Razz I underlined here (the mens results for examplehttp://www.patinagecanada.ca/fr/events_results/events/cdns10Result.cfm)it all and it worked fine Smile

as for PatChan,
I agree with you that his jumps (especially the 3-3, because I thought the 3axel was amazing!) were not better than Vaugh...but the technical element scores are based on 8 elements and the jumps are only 3 of them...Patrick managed to get level 4 on everything else which means on 6 elements! The other competitors did not do this and I don't think Plushenko did this either...but he got 100 points!

Crying or Very sad That's what I did and it didn't work! Ah well I'll leave it to you then.

About Patrick, I agree with you. He is stronger than all of the other competitors. His 3A was gorgeous, his spins are very good and his footwork is amazing! He hits all the levels and gets very good GOEs to boot... But jumps are still the bigger (higher scoring) elements of a program for me and that's why I think that while Patrick being in the lead is fine, the scores could have been closer together. Anyway, it's over now so no use complaining Wink And for the record, I did not like Plushy's score either and I thought Dai-chan was overmarked. But Nationals are Nationals and there's nothing we can do about it flower
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Whoa! It seems Joannie came back with a vengeance, skated a 7 triple program and scored 144.08 in the FS. Total score of 208.23. Shocked

Now I wanna see that FS... It must've been an awesome skate. Here's the FS protocol:
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/cdns10/results/sd4.pdf
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Er...that's gotta be some free skate... Suspect

Don't get me wrong, I like Joannie, but...wow.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 pm

When I first saw Joannie's score, I thought "Wow... the judges must be deseperate.". I already saw the LP and it was really good, but 144.08 is a little over the top. Anyways, congratulations to Joannie and Cynthia for making the Olympic team.

Cheering

The FD is over and Tessa & Scott won with 221.95 points and Vanessa & Paul in 2nd. Does that mean Vanessa & Paul get to go to the Olympics?
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 am

I just watched Chan's SP. WTH? scratch When I saw the score I thought he skated the lights out -. and even in this case I suspected the Nationals Overscoring Factor to come into play. ...But over 90 for that?! Suspect The promoting of the "aces" of the country is just affraid . So far the scoring at USA Nationals seems to be (by far) the most realistic so far.

I'm loosing any hope for fair scoring in Vancouver - I just hope some of my favorites will stay until Sochi (and build enough reputation to guarantee not being overlooked during the overscoring process). CoP is becoming even easier to manipulate than 6.0. Just throw all lvl4 all of a sudden, and +3 GoE on a jump with a shaky edge on the landing, while a perfect jump by other skater will be lucky to get +1. And even if the skater botches half of their jumping passages, there's always PCS to take care of things.

With Joannie's LP, I'm actually not all that surprised (considering her 70 points SP at SC). Her LP is very smartly choreographed, she did skate the lights out, and 7 triples in the LP is something we rarely see these days.
Of course, Akiko with 7 triples will be lucky to get 115-120...
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Seeing Chan SP scores make me want to do this Canadian Nationals 15gcx2p to the judges. It is rediculous
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 am

Well, at least PatChan's LP performance appears to be better than his SP. That said, I have to say I'm complete bemused that Skate Canada is giving an even bigger Nats buffer in their scores than the Russian Federation this year... Fried
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 am

new article about Joannie http://www.intro2u.net/new/2010/01/figure-skating-squad/

Best part of the article is when Joannie praises Mao "“The only woman in the world who can do a clean triple Axel – she’s amazing." Joannie is so sweet. Looks like she is a fan of Mao. Canadian Nationals 420949
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Best part of the article is when Joannie praises Mao "“The only woman in the world who can do a clean triple Axel – she’s amazing." Joannie is so sweet. Looks like she is a fan of Mao. Canadian Nationals 420949

Joannie Rochette just made my day! Canadian Nationals Icon_cheers
Aww, she really does think Mao is the best. That's just awesome! Bravo to her for freely praising her competitors! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Pretty good competition this year! I like seeing everyone fight so hard Very Happy

I agree with everyone about Patrick. He was very overscored. Especially in his SP. Poor Vaughn. Yes, Patrick probably did do the best overall, but I think the final scores should have been much closer than they were. Vaughn was underscored IMO. At least he gets to go to Vacouver though Cheering

Joannies LP was freakin fantastic!! Definitely one of the best skates I've seen anyone do all season, and probably the best I've seen her skate yet.

Pairs was great - as always in Canadian Nationals! I wasn't surprised at all the Annabell and Cody did well. If they hadn't have been injured, and set back, they would probably still be the number one team in Canada. Lot's of promissing pairs to watch for in the future too.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Joannie Rochette just made my day! Canadian Nationals Icon_cheers
Aww, she really does think Mao is the best. That's just awesome! Bravo to her for freely praising her competitors! Thumbs up!
That's sweet of her! THat's the second time (right?) that she praises her!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:45 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Awww!!! Joannie is really sweet! Many Hearts It's interesting to note that Yu-Na is the one who's breaking records and is being talked about as very hard to beat but Joannie is in awe of Mao more. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 am

another article about Joannie (in french!)
http://vivezvancouver.radio-canada.ca/vivezvancouver/Patinage_artistique/2010/01/18/001-semaine-rochette.shtml

Quote :
« Kim est battable, mais quand elle est à son mieux, c'est
difficile. Elle est dans une classe à part. Ce n'est pas la plus
gracieuse, mais sa vitesse et sa technique sont excellentes. C'est
spectaculaire de la voir rentrer dans un saut avec la vitesse qu'elle
prend. »
« Mao est plus gracieuse. J'admire énormément Yu-Na et Mao. Je suis
assez réaliste et je suis capable de voir mes concurrentes et de leur
donner ce qui leur appartient. »

I'll try to translate it for you guys:

'' Kim is beatable, but when she is at her best, is difficult. She is in a class by herself. She is not the most graceful, but she has excellent speed and technique. It's spectacular to see her jump with the speed she takes. "

"Mao is more graceful. I admire greatly Yu-Na and Mao. I'm pretty realistic and I can see my competitors and give them what they deserve. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canadian Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals   Canadian Nationals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Nationals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next