Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

Go down 
+73
Spacey
kitkat00
SpecialK
JeneenMao
tigercub
Figure_skating_love
Mirai
freesia
Canness
linglang
hanatsuki
BowbowDaijin
Dani-Chan
maochan
ichiro
ericacsy
Yunamao
cariinm12
Mia
summervie
dangerous_angel_face
ClairDeMao
chapis
~*AAA*~
chiyori
Olive
kaarolcia
imantrybes
Oscilla
huagon
Star85
kawaiimao
mingming
bekalc
purplemaze
klarification
Aibhlin
Maya
coconut
sweetdream
yuki
inskate
coolmeia
petit diable
MOACHANTHEBEST
MaoMaoRevolution
Lilith112
tianrushui
bibi
ddmm
roma
Haidogirl
PochinkoPotanko
sky
maowataiyo
mitsuno
mika
MikiAndoFan#1
snowdrops24
kirakira
chineseteacup
alyssa
bellarina
dlnnyc
clovera
illani
Liffey
aoi88
sapphiresky
darlingdaydream
Batsuchan
polosatik
☆Genie
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

I think YuNa's team picked a wise choice for this season. She chose something she could express and something that was relatively mellow and soft. Mao challenged herself this year again with the dark music. Maybe if she had clair de lune again... I loved that program..
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Batsuchan, I would start up an entire new thread on how awesome you are and how grateful I am for all your translations and how much I enjoy reading your posts, except for the fact that I know you would just get really embarrassed at my effusive display of fangirl admiration. lol!

Sweatdrop Thank you very much chineseteacup!! Yesterday I discovered that I had totally missed your post in the Olympics thread where you said you were looking forward to reading my blog posts. Sweatdrop I appreciate that!!

And let me echo your words in thanking everyone on this forum for making it a great place as well as our wonderful moderators! Happy dance

maowataiyo and alyssa - Thank you for your kind words as well! It's the lovely Mao fans like you all that gives me the motivation to keep blogging and translating! flower Speaking of which, I added Part 19 to my blog, so check it out sometime! Very Happy

@ clovera - yes, Gallagher's latest article has further convinced me that *I* should be writing the Ice Time column. Yep! Except I might find it hard to stay objective! Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 996758

PochinkoPotanko - I totally agree with everything in your post! Thank you! I would absolutely love for Mao to pick Mao-like music since I think it would help her win, BUT I completely admire and respect her for 1) using challenging music and 2) sticking with it even when everyone was criticizing her. Worship

And here are a few tidbits:

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/aichi/news/20100310-OYT8T01265.htm
According to this article, there's an art exhibit in Nagoya right now that features all kinds of works made by the Chairman of Chuukyou University, Kiyohiro Umemura. Among them there are some images of Mao praticing at the Chuukyou rink! Very Happy

This video talks about why Aichi Prefecture (where Nagoya is) is so strong in figure skating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-NIOZEFQi8
Among the reasons they cite are lots of skating rinks, very enthusiastic parents, and very good coaches, like Machiko Yamada. So they interview Yamada-sensei, and she talks about a number of things that a good skater needs to have. She says things like physical ability, jump ability, good balance, takeoff power, music interpretation skills, etc.

Then they have the people in the studio try to guess what the number #1 characteristic that she thinks a skater needs to have is.

The choices are:
A) Being greedy
B) Having no greed
C) Being good at lying
D) Having good instincts

A lot of people answered A, but the correct answer was D! At the end, Yamada-sensei said that being smart/having good instincts in skating is different from being good at school, because Midori (Ito) didn't do so well in school! Hell, no!

Finally, if you want to read about the mechanics of Mao's triple axel technique, please see this FSU thread:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72398
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 am

Shocked

My goodness! When we see certain skaters performing jumps, they seem kinda easy, but there's so much mechanics and techniques behind them.

Nvm Batsuchan, you deserve it! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Another preview to the Mao documentary kirakira posted above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey5UMTZgLEg
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 pm

clovera wrote:

When is this showing, please?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
clovera wrote:
When is this showing, please?
It airs today! I love you I'm hoping maoisno1fairy or zyem will be able to upload it to YT. cat
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm

haha, same here clovera !~
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 am

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:17 am

^Thanks a lot, kirakira! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 am

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:59 am

Thank you Kirakira!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 am

Thank you Kirakira.

I haven't seen all the documentary but did you guys see that part 2 where Mao trains with Mai. She was still on the ice at 1:30am in the morning. OMG ! at such young age ! all the hard work !!! I admire her even more !
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks Kirakira!!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks kirakira for the links! flower

Some notes/very rough summaries:

Arrow In the first part, around 4:45, Mao is talking about her one-handed Biellman (back in 2005), and she says something like, "I don't know if I'll get extra points for it, but no one has ever done one before, so I invented it." This 100% embodies the Mao spirit, in my opinion. She's not doing something because of the points, but because she wants to do things that no one has ever done before; she wants to push technical barriers! Thumbs up!

She also talks about cutting her fingers frequently (on the blade). Neutral

Part 2

Arrow When Mao's on the phone with her family, she says (jokingly), "I was second, but what do you think?" Her Mom says (as a joke), "you didn't land the triple axel, so it was bad," whereas Mai is really impressed. Razz

I'm really surprised they don't make a big deal about the GPF. That, in my opinion, was a key milestone in Mao's career. Is it because they don't have the footage? Suspect She didn't even win 2005 Japan Nat's!

It is insane watching Mao and Mai practice in the middle of the night... Shocked But then again, it now makes sense why jet lag issues don't worry Mao so much--at one time she was used to practicing in the middle of the night!

There's Mao's mom at 7:30! She looks so much like Mai! Even the loving way she looks at Mao is the same! I love you

Part 3
Arrow Around 0:30, she talks about breaking her finger before Japan Nationals (see my blog for details on this!)

Arrow Around 4:00, Mai says that when Mao cries, she feels like crying too, and then Mao says that from when she was little, when she did well, she would start crying. Aww, that's so cute. Wub

Arrow Around 6:30, Yamada-sensei said she was excited about Mao from the very beginning.

Part 4
Arrow Around 5:15, I like how Mao starts practicing by using Ayumi Hamasaki music. She should use one of her songs for an EX sometime. That would be so fun for her I bet!! Yep!

It's still painful to watch Mao suffering through the beginning half of the season. pale

Part 5
Arrow Mai says that on Mao's off-days before Japan Nats, they'd go have shaved ice, and go shopping and eat at new restaurants, and do the sort of things that typical college students do. That's something that Mai wanted to do for her.

Arrow Mao says she's grateful to Mai and Machiko-sensei for giving her all kinds of advice and support.

Arrow Mao says she couldn't be really glad after her FS performance at Nationals because she wasn't sure what kind of score she would get. She was still a little worried.

Arrow Mai makes an awesome comment around 5:40. She says, "Mao has a strange power. When Mao smiles, I become really happy too, and when Mao cries happy tears, I start bawling. I think it's a bit strange [like 'mysterious']." I'm sure we all agree? Yep!

Arrow 6:03 Mao standing next to Taka-chan! Razz

Part 6/7
I love Mai's earrings! Love Hearts

I really can't watch Mao looking disappointed and sad; it's too painful... No

At the end, Mai says, "It ended in a flash."

Makino says he was glad she did the 3 triple axels, but he was even more impressed that she was able to overcome her problems.

Part 8
Machiko-sensei says that Mao is really great/heroic and strong.

Later she's talking about how Mao probably felt a little upset that she didn't win a gold medal, but the real reason that she was so upset was because she wanted to give a perfect performance, that was her goal. And yet, after doing those two perfect triple axels, she messed up on the (relatively) easy flip and toe loop, so she was mad. (Of course, we knew all this already...)

Mao says she can forget everything except that upset feeling.

Mao says apparently it's the heaviest medal--heavier than the medals from Torino and Beijing.

Mao says it seems like the people were watching were more nervous than me, but I'm very thankful for everyone cheering for me.

This reminded me about Mao forgetting what question the girl asked... Laugh

Around 7:00, Yamada-sensei says that 4 years ago, she thought Mao was the best she could be, and she worried if Mao could maintain that, but then now, she sees that Mao has become a 'bigger' person. And she says that surely, 4 years from now, Mao will become an even 'bigger' [ie more amazing, more great] person.

Yep! I totally agree, and I look forward to watching the journey. Though surely there will be more tears and suffering ahead, I believe there will be the Mao smile at the end!

Mao says that she thinks her biggest issue is not being a consistent skater. She says that every year she wants to keep improving, and although things may happen [ie problems], if she didn't have those things, it wouldn't be fun, and she wouldn't have a feeling of accomplishment.

GO MAO! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks Batsuchan!!! cheers

The whole time I was watching the documentary, I was thinking, it would be great if someone could translate parts of this...

And when I finished...there was your post! You make my day hahaha.

Mai is definitely right about Mao's power- it's all because of her being so genuine...as a fan, you just want her to be happy!

I can't wait to see the rest of her journey!

And...watching this makes me really want the next Mao book to come out! There must be a lot more tidbits in there..
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 am

thank you batsuchan!!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:11 am

This may not be new to some of you, but this article talks about Mao's preferred guys Hell, no!

http://yule.sohu.com/20100223/n270390450.shtml

It's in Chinese, but I'll give a summary:

As we all know, the Japanese media not only looks very closely at Mao's on-ice appearances, but they're also trying very hard to find out about her private life (ie. boyfriends).
But...as one of them said, they're left disappointed mostly because she focuses so much on practicing lol!

She apparently once said in an interview for a magazine that she likes Kamenashi Katuya and Akanishi Jin from KAT-TUN, and that she discusses guys from Johnny's (Entertainment agency) with Mai often as any other girl.
Recently she's become a fan of Arashi.

Basically, Mao likes good looking guys Razz
The article suggests that because Mao's Dad was very good-looking when he was young, that this may have something to do with it.

Also, when Sakurai Sho did that interview with Mao, "insiders" report that Mao was very nervous and that her heart was beating very fast!

Although...these reports could be unreliable.

Another article reports Ayumi Hamasaki's views on Mao.

http://yule.sohu.com/20100227/n270462739.shtml

Apparently, when Ayumi had an ear infection in 2008 and almost lost her hearing, Mao appeared in several places (I'm assuming her concerts/shows) to encourage her to keep singing.
Before Mao left for Vancouver, Ayumi gave Mao her new autographed C.D. of "You Were.../Ballad". This is what Mao was listening to during the Olympics!
Ayumi said, after watching Mao at the Olympics: "The 4 years of preparation, in a matter of a few minutes, resulted in a dream-like exhibition- on the Olympic stage, Mao showed everyone her growth. Hope that we can see her beaming smile once she returns to Japan".
Ayumi also said that she was touched by Mao's performance, and that she learned from her: "courage to never easily give up".

So true! I think we all learned something from Mao- her perseverance really inspires me!
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

Like a Star @ heaven Mao's Ice show schedule Like a Star @ heaven

2010.4.3 Nagoya Figure Skating Festival (Aichi)
2010.4.4-5 Diamond Ice (Osaka)
2010.4.9-11 Stars on Ice (Tokyo)
2010.4.17-18 Stars on Ice (Osaka)
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-03-15/06404885651.shtml
Shen/Zhao is planning a skating show in China in August. They plan to invite Mao,Yuna,Evan,Plushenko,V/M.
I really hope Mao could do show in China cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Shen/Zhao is planning a skating show in China in August. They plan to invite Mao,Yuna,Evan,Plushenko,V/M.
Wow!!!!!!!!!! affraid Yuna and Mao in one show!!!!!! I'm dying to see it! Drama!
Back to top Go down
Lilith112

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

tianrushui wrote:

Oh dang... like polosatik above me had said... I'M DYING TO SEE IT!!!!! Please, both Yu-na and Mao, skate in Shen/Zhao's show. That would be a show definitely worth some big bucks; scratch that, worth MAJOR big bucks. The two top gals in figure skating right now in one show... roof's going to blow methinks :3
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 pm

polosatik wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
Wow!!!!!!!!!! affraid Yuna and Mao in one show!!!!!! I'm dying to see it! Drama!

Oh man, if this actually happens... Shocked Boogie Happy dance Happy dance
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks very much for the news reports and translations sapphiresky, tianrushui and kirakira! Love Hearts

For once, I have nothing to report, but I *will* be posting something in the Secret Sources soon... Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 am

tianrushui wrote:

Argh! If this happens I gotta see this!!! WOW! Gotta start saving money now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next