Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?

Go down 
+17
polosatik
mingming
tigercub
BowbowDaijin
~*AAA*~
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
imantrybes
Star85
coolmeia
MikiAndoFan#1
illani
darlingdaydream
PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
MOACHANTHEBEST
aoi88
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Empty
PostSubject: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Since we know Mao will be aiming for the next Olympics in Sochi, I am wondering what everyone's hopes for Mao are for in the next four years. Personally, I hope Mao continues to develop her artistry and to perform unique programs. In some ways, Mao's career reminds me of Irina's since they both seem to experience ups and downs but have the ability to come back strong. Ironically, it was Mao's defeat of Irina that first brought her to the spotlight. I have faith that Mao will emerge back into the spotlight. I do hope Mao reaches her goal at the next Olympics; however, more importantly, I hope she will be remembered as one of the most unique and exciting skaters to ever come on the scene. flower
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 pm

I hope she will continute to keep 3 triple axels in her programs. Make the skating world realize that how great this is for a lady to accomplish such a difficult jump. This is the jump no one can do.it is just impossible for anyone to do except MAO. She should defenitely keep them. I would like her to continue focusing on other jumps as well. She can work on 3-3 and keep on working on the artistry. Her flexibility is amazing so she can use more for her spins and spirals. She should continue working on mastering level 4 footworks. For now, the skating community may not seem to want to accept it, but Mao is the most unique and exciting skater who changed the history of lady's skating.And She will continue to prove it!!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

I want Mao to be healthy. I also want her to enjoy other aspects of life...who knows, maybe snag a boyfriend? Start living on her own. I really do believe those type intangible things will add to her artistry and her technical development. Just really grow as a person. She's already so mature and generous for her age, but it can help her gain even a greater perspective on life and skating.

I also want Mao to be happy, first and foremost. There are so many things that can happen within the next four years, so I just want her to take it season by season. And I know she'll definitely emerge as an even greater skater than she already is! Yep! It also will help if she hires a new costumer Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:10 am

Everyone's already posted most of my hopes for Mao, so I'm keeping it short; for Mao to become a truely memorable skater both technically and artistically, whether she wins Sochi gold or not. I hope her name will always be mentioned along with female skaters like Michelle, Sasha, Irina and Witt. cat

But of course, I DO hope so much that in Sochi, Mao will be like Plush in Torino after Saltlake! Yuna can be Yagudin for now, so Mao can be Plush in the near future!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
darlingdaydream

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 pm

my hope for mao is that she will stay healthy and happy! and of course, fall in love if she truly desires so!

oh yeah and beat yu-na at least one more time. with clean programs!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

She just needs to build, slowly and steadily, on the technical content she has--add the 3-3 back in, get back the Lutz and Salchow, maybe get a stable 3A-3T (Thumbs up!).

A good, supportive coach who can be with her more of the time would be nice. I think TAT helped her to grow artistically, but their situation was difficult for various reasons, so I'm glad Mao will be moving on. I hope she finds a good match.

I'd like to see her skate to various kinds of music over the next four years, to keep stretching herself artistically. I want her to find a way to play more to the system without sacrificing the beauty and unique qualites that she has. Basically, she needs to balance all of these things, and I think she will be successful. Easier said than done, of course. But I think Mao can do it. Yep!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Bring the Lutz, Salchow and 3+3 back. Get a coach that can be with her all the time and, most importantly, stay healthy. I would love to see Miki and Mao in Sochi!

Happy dance
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I hope Mao will skate a program that have both 3A & 3-3 combo!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:34 pm

I did not notice this thread until just now (guess I did miss a lot in my 2 week absence).

My hopes for Mao in the next four years? Well, she's won silver at the olympics, and gold at worlds now. She has her momentum back. I don't want her to lose it again. I want her to keep winning, get back on the very top again, and I want to rest of the world (other than us) to consider HER queen, instead of Yuna! I hope for her to achieve her full potential, and win everything (I know she won't win everything, but hey, it's not a lie - we're talking about HOPES here. lol.), especially 2014 olympics.

In order to do that, here's my list of smaller "stepping hopes" for her:

Get her missing jumps back
Get her 3-3 back (which she already appears to have done!)
Keep improving her consistancy on the little things like URs, and two foots
Keep improving her consistancy on her 3A
To not have to show her concentraition, and seriousness on her face so much in her programs, and show more facial expression instead (through the whole program. Not just after all the jumps are done).
Use better music!
Get better costumes!
Find a coach that is the right fit (finally!). Someone who she makes great progress with, and can stick with.
Learn the Ina Bauer (I think she could really do a beautiful one, and I'd LOVE to see it someday!)
Continue pushing herself to be better, and better
Do good in school

So I do hope for her to have great success, but above all, I hope for her happiness, and her to remain in good health, and uninjured. Oh, and maybe find a boyfriend? It would be pretty sad, if in another 4 years, Mao would be 23, and still never been in love! I'm sure she'll at least start dating before long.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
imantrybes

imantrybes

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am

I wish Mao to get a good team around her. People that would understand her and work with her qualities well. Also, the ones she would enjoy practicing with. :]
I hope she'll stay in good health! No major injuries!
I hope she won't lose her motivation for a minute!
And I wish her to show the world (judges very much included) what she's made of!
I'm sure she'll work on the other technical things even without me hoping for it, haha.
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:00 pm

My! You are such a high maintenance, bubble!
Here you go! flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar Love Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:33 pm

My number one hope for Mao is that she obtains the goal of beating Yuna at the peak of her prime. I want Mao to be at a point where Yuna can deliver her best program and Mao can still win.

I want her to have a good team to help her, a new coach that she can bond and communicate with, better costumes and i want her not to be afraid of trying new things (quad? lol), fall in love as everyone said, live happily, and healthily.
Most importantly i want Mao to always stay smiling, i don't think she quite knows how many people smile back when she does Smile
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Most importantly i want Mao to always stay smiling, i don't think she quite knows how many people smile back when she does Smile

Yep! Yep! Yep! Yep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Whether one likes her skating style or not, I am very sure almost everyone can accept the fact that Michelle Kwan is the icon of the figure skationg world. If you consider her longivity, medals received and competitions attented, I do not think there is anyone who can be comparable to her. She has contributed so much to not only the us but also the entire skating world. And I think Mao is going to be the next legendary skater. Michelle kept going because she loved the sports,but also because she did not win the Olympic gold. So She always had a goal to achieve. Mao did not get OGM and because of that, I know she will push herself and grow as a skater in order to achieve that goal. I was a bit sad for her not getting OGM, but I believe that there is a good reason for everything happens. And I know she did not get it because simply it was not time for her yet. She has a lot more to grow and she has not reached her potential yet. Next four years, I really would like her to try different music, choreography with new great coaching team. I would like her to challenge herself as much as she can. Definitely, I would like to see 3 3As in her program and 3-3s but more than jumps I would like her to develop a more of charisma on the ice. Afterall I know she is going to be THE ONE who is going to be written as a legendary in the figure skating history along with Michelle.
And of course, stay healthy and happy!!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:56 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
Whether one likes her skating style or not, I am very sure almost everyone can accept the fact that Michelle Kwan is the icon of the figure skationg world. If you consider her longivity, medals received and competitions attented, I do not think there is anyone who can be comparable to her. She has contributed so much to not only the us but also the entire skating world. And I think Mao is going to be the next legendary skater. Michelle kept going because she loved the sports,but also because she did not win the Olympic gold. So She always had a goal to achieve. Mao did not get OGM and because of that, I know she will push herself and grow as a skater in order to achieve that goal. I was a bit sad for her not getting OGM, but I believe that there is a good reason for everything happens. And I know she did not get it because simply it was not time for her yet. She has a lot more to grow and she has not reached her potential yet. Next four years, I really would like her to try different music, choreography with new great coaching team. I would like her to challenge herself as much as she can. Definitely, I would like to see 3 3As in her program and 3-3s but more than jumps I would like her to develop a more of charisma on the ice. Afterall I know she is going to be THE ONE who is going to be written as a legendary in the figure skating history along with Michelle.
And of course, stay healthy and happy!!

I love Michelle because she is the embodiment of the idea that OGM is not everything, having never won an OGM Michelle Kwan is still considered one of the best skaters in history and there's something to be said about that. To have Mao achieve that status would be a great accomplishment!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:01 am

I hope she can bring her best to the ice and delight us as usual.

My dream is seeing her doing a layout like this, with all 6 triples:

3A, 2A-3T, 3Lz, 3S, 3F-3Lo (or 3F-3T), 3Lo, 3F-2Lo-2Lo

And please, forget the three 3As. Drama!
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:19 am

my dream layout is like:

SP:3A,3F+3L, 3Lz o
or 3A 3F+3T, 3L / 3Lutz, 3F+3L, 2A

and LP with:

3A,3F+3T,3lz,3S,3F+3L,3L,2A-2l-2l

Moreover, Mao with the perfect artisty, like as doing some soft, fantastic and sophesticated music. Let's say the 2nd mov. of Mozart's piano concerto no. 21 in C major?
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:42 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:
my dream layout is like:

SP:3A,3F+3L, 3Lz o
or 3A 3F+3T, 3L / 3Lutz, 3F+3L, 2A

and LP with:

3A,3F+3T,3lz,3S,3F+3L,3L,2A-2l-2l

Moreover, Mao with the perfect artisty, like as doing some soft, fantastic and sophesticated music. Let's say the 2nd mov. of Mozart's piano concerto no. 21 in C major?

Mine would be, more or less the same as ~*AAA*~ and alyssa
3F-3Lo (or 3F-3T), 3Lz, 3A for SP /something with one 3A & 3S in it for FP with steps as powerful and full of content as those over the past 2 seasons accompanied by her one hand biellmann, plus even a fantastically flexible ina bauer with a layback...yeah, why not? Smile

Maybe a bit unreal or too much...still if it's my hopes for 'the next four years' so she might be able to manage them in the end????? In anycase, if she can manage such programs clean, hopefully in Sochi, it won't be just an OGM, but Mao will sure become the true legend and Queen of ice, just as Plush is King! That'll be the day when commentators all around the world will be saying not only 'Yuna who?' but 'Michelle who?' and 'Katarina who?' as well. Yep!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:00 am

Her salchow seemed fine to me, of course she popped it sometimes, but I guess it was just lack of experience with it in real competitions. I hope she adds it to her layout next season, and try the lutz even if it has a wrong edge, right PPotato?

I'm not sure about the 3F-3Lo, it's been a while she she last got it ratified, so maybe she should try 3F-3T instead, her base value would still be high.
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:07 am

But as I remember, Mao mentioned 3f3l in a interview after the Worlds. she emphazised 33 many times after the Worlds, but never mentioned the lutz. meanwhile she also said something like "gradually season by season" for many times. I'm afraid lutz is not yet on her agenda for 2010/11. In that case, I hope she will try 3f3L and 3f3t in the same time, in case 3f3l will no way be ratified.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:24 am

alyssa wrote:
I hope she adds it to her layout next season, and try the lutz even if it has a wrong edge, right PPotato?
I'm not sure about the 3F-3Lo, it's been a while she she last got it ratified, so maybe she should try 3F-3T instead, her base value would still be high.

Exactly! Even if she might have to sacrifice some gold medals next season, I'd like her to start challenging her lutz again. Try to stabilize them with correct edge, eventually. Yep!

3F-3Lo or 3F-3T...if it were only my hopes for next season, the latter would be better IMO. But since we're allowed 4 years in this question...the former still has a chance...I think??? scratch

But this is all provided she only limits her 3As to only once in both SP and FP. Or even, forget about the 3A in SP altogeter...but, I do have a feeling that Mao would want to do a 3A in SP for Sochi. Once the 3A is officially allowed to replace the 2A in SP, probabaly Mao could not help feeling that she'd be running away from an opportunity esp designed for her, should she not include a solo 3A in her SP...whether we like it or not. I guess she'll decide what to do in the end, considering her physical conditions by then of course. But deep inside, I have a feeling she would want to jump at least two 3As in Sochi. Not three hopefully, but two, I think she'd want. And I'm not sure if that's good or bad... Question
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:05 am

I want this program before she retires.

SP : Across the stars (Star Wars Episode II)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQR1PIXUsw&feature=related
3A, 3F+3L, 3Lz

FS : Polovetsian Dance (Prince Igor)
or
FS : Fantasie Impromptu (Orchestra Version)
3A, 3F+2L+2L, 3Lz+3L, 3S, 3T, 3F, Eagle+2A
or
3A+3T, 3F+3L, 3S, 3T, 3Lz+2L, 3F, Eagle+2A

I think Fantasie Impromptu reflects Mao's success so well. Once I want to see
Swan Lake in her FS program but I'm so afraid that she will not overcome that
Oksana's program so I don't want it in Olympic but Fantasie Impromptu is the
one that I cannot find who can do it better than Mao (even Arakawa). This is
really her music.
I want ISU to allow 3A for short program before Mao retire and want not only
3Lz but 3Lz combination from Mao and what is so challenging now is not quad
but 3Lz+3L, the highest point for 3Lz combination which Mao can do 3L better
than Miki.
I don't want to see Mao's Ina Bauer or Arabian, Indian program. It is not suit her
as Miki or Kim but I want some Japanese original program from her too.

So:::

EX : Un Bel Di (Madame Butterfly)
or
EX : Stranger in Paradise
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:08 am

oh oh 3Lz3L, that's a big big big challenge study
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:47 am

I am glad to see this thread being revived. cat I agree with those that say that a 3F-3T is a better option at this time, because loop jumps at the end are quite difficut to get ratified nowadays. I also hope that Mao works on her lutz next season and at least try it in some competitions.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I am glad to see this thread being revived. cat I agree with those that say that a 3F-3T is a better option at this time, because loop jumps at the end are quite difficut to get ratified nowadays. I also hope that Mao works on her lutz next season and at least try it in some competitions.

Agreed, if anyone can correct their flutz it's Mao! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next