Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?

Go down 
+17
polosatik
mingming
tigercub
BowbowDaijin
~*AAA*~
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
imantrybes
Star85
coolmeia
MikiAndoFan#1
illani
darlingdaydream
PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
MOACHANTHEBEST
aoi88
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I agree. Mao should not try 3L-3 combo until she fixes her flutz perfectly, which I know it is going to be a hell of work. She should definitely put 3F-3T for now. I hear a lot of noises from Yuna fans regarding to 3A rule change. They say it is done only for Mao's sake, Japanese conpiracy theory etc, etc. Because of this, I have a feeling that the judges are going to be much more strict about Mao's jump UR call. Yuna has been always winning SP with big margin and imagine if this changes! I am very sure they will blame on new rule change, so the judges can not let that happen easily. I want Yuna to continue to compete so that Mao can challenge her again,but maybe it really is time for her to go.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:34 pm

I think Yuna fan think illogically. Yuna once lost because she lacked of 3A in Junior
so she tried to execute that too. But by the rule's flaw that let her throw 3A practice
away with Orser's advice. So now if 3A can be execute in SP, it's a great journey for
Yuna to try something new, too. I know that Yuna compete only the game she knows
she can win. That's why she cancelled many competition that will annoy her aim like
4CC. However, this made me feel too that last World Championship, though she knows
she did not train enough, she tried to participate too.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
I agree. Mao should not try 3L-3 combo until she fixes her flutz perfectly, which I know it is going to be a hell of work. She should definitely put 3F-3T for now. I hear a lot of noises from Yuna fans regarding to 3A rule change. They say it is done only for Mao's sake, Japanese conpiracy theory etc, etc. Because of this, I have a feeling that the judges are going to be much more strict about Mao's jump UR call. Yuna has been always winning SP with big margin and imagine if this changes! I am very sure they will blame on new rule change, so the judges can not let that happen easily. I want Yuna to continue to compete so that Mao can challenge her again,but maybe it really is time for her to go.

Yuna fans say that however as if Mao hasn't been getting UR constantly for her 3A, I mean really almost every 3A Mao does somehow winds up "UR"

I don't think it's Yuna's time to go yet, quite far from it. She needs to stay and continue the head to head with Mao, plus i know Mao wants to be able to beat her while she's still in competition without Yuna being injured/off etc.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Even though I am not entirely sure if Mao will benefit much from the new rule, I am still glad that the ISU seem to finally try to reward skaters who are doing risky jumps. I feel the present rules have been against Mao's favor and her 3A. Mao is almost been punished for doing the 3A because the judges always tend to downgrade them. So even though she does a riskier layout than most other skaters, she ends up with a lower score when she gets her 3A downgraded, and that's just not taking into account the risks she attempts. I still feel some of the rules, especially regarding downgrades, are unfair to Mao and also Mirai but at least they are finally rewarding her for doing the 3A.
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:26 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Even though I am not entirely sure if Mao will benefit much from the new rule, I am still glad that the ISU seem to finally try to reward skaters who are doing risky jumps. I feel the present rules have been against Mao's favor and her 3A. Mao is almost been punished for doing the 3A because the judges always tend to downgrade them. So even though she does a riskier layout than most other skaters, she ends up with a lower score when she gets her 3A downgraded, and that's just not taking into account the risks she attempts. I still feel some of the rules, especially regarding downgrades, are unfair to Mao and also Mirai but at least they are finally rewarding her for doing the 3A.
You are right! Risk factor is very important to be considered. After all, the figure skating is sports. I really would like Mao to fix the flutz, but I do not know how long it is going to take. A friend of mine fixed flutz alright but at the same time she got "lip". Crying or Very sad It is really hard to break a habit Sad It also depends on her new coach and its team members. I wonder who is going to be her new coach? scratch
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:40 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:

You are right! Risk factor is very important to be considered. After all, the figure skating is sports. I really would like Mao to fix the flutz, but I do not know how long it is going to take. A friend of mine fixed flutz alright but at the same time she got "lip". Crying or Very sad It is really hard to break a habit Sad It also depends on her new coach and its team members. I wonder who is going to be her new coach? scratch

That news is about as important to me as the news on retirement is to Yuna fans cat
Back to top Go down
tigercub

tigercub

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Late to the party, but thought I'd still put in my two cents Wink

Assuming this rule change goes through, I think Mao should do one 3A in the short (replacing the 2A) and then a 3-3 combination. In the long, she should also reduce to one 3A. As much as I love Mao's 3As, they take a long time to set up and reduce the choreography at the beginning of the program.

To be honest, I think Mao has a better chance of winning if she throws out the 3As all together. They are easily UR and she never receives high GOEs for them. The current scoring system rewards easier jumps that are done well (difficult entrance, good height, flow on the landing) rather than riskier elements. I don't like it, but you can't ignore the rules of the game. Also, I'm worried Mao will work on the 3A at the expense of her other jumps, or injure herself doing them. But knowing Mao, she'll keep all her 3As because she wants to win on her terms. Gotta love her fighting spirit. Many Hearts

I hope she goes back to the classic ballet style of skating that worked so well for her in past seasons for competition programs. But I want to see something funky for the exhibition lol!

As for coaches... is Yuka Sato free? I think she has the most beautiful soft and flowing style of any skater, so I think she would be a good match for Mao.
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:29 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:
my dream layout is like:

SP:3A,3F+3L, 3Lz o
or 3A 3F+3T, 3L / 3Lutz, 3F+3L, 2A

and LP with:

3A,3F+3T,3lz,3S,3F+3L,3L,2A-2l-2l

Moreover, Mao with the perfect artisty, like as doing some soft, fantastic and sophesticated music. Let's say the 2nd mov. of Mozart's piano concerto no. 21 in C major?
As for layout, my dream is almost same as ~*AAA*~ . 8 triples! Very Happy
I love Mao's 3L so much, so want to see both 3F-3L and single 3L.
About the 2nd mov. of Mozart's piano concerto no. 21 in C major, it's bit slow for competition, but the pure, gentle atmospher must suit Mao. Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:33 am

My hopes are, first, bringing back 3f-3lo combo, 3 lutz and trying to include 3 sal in long program. For the music, I don't want to see Mao skating to something like Nocturne. I want Mao to try something new and original, maybe soft and non dramatic,but no classic music, please! I'm dreaming about Platov making a program for Mao. His work with Kerrs is beyond the words. And for the coach I want to see Dai's coach working with Mao.
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:38 am

but Dai's coach seems related to Kansai University? will it be a problem while Mao attends Chukyo U? hum....
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:53 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:
but Dai's coach seems related to Kansai University? will it be a problem while Mao attends Chukyo U? hum....
Hmm.. I'm not sure. I hope not. But who knows. Neutral
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:59 am

polosatik wrote:
~*AAA*~ wrote:

I'm sure JSF could solve this. But Dai also works with Takeshi Honda, who happens to be Mai's coach, so, that could be a great team for Mao. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:17 am

alyssa wrote:
polosatik wrote:
~*AAA*~ wrote:

I'm sure JSF could solve this. But Dai also works with Takeshi Honda, who happens to be Mai's coach, so, that could be a great team for Mao. Very Happy
Takeshi? I love him! Mushy Love You're right! It would be the best team ever!
Back to top Go down
cariinm12

cariinm12

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3f32qm_sc

maos costume was awesome but idk what they sayin here
Back to top Go down
cariinm12

cariinm12

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:48 am

cariinm12 wrote:

Sorry for posting the video in the wrong thread =(

And my hopes for Mao in this coming four years are

*First I want her to stay healthy
*To be OGM in Sochi but before that I hope she will work on her 3-3,3Lz and 3S
*New coach that could be able to train with her the whole time..
*And I hope for her success on this coming season ..[pray ,pray,pray] cant wait to see her with her new program =] aah I dont wanna see her out of the podium ...[that make me really sad ]I hope that she could be able to maintain to be in the podium in every competition..i<3 mao =)
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:49 am

alyssa wrote:
polosatik wrote:
~*AAA*~ wrote:

Cheering Cheering yes! yes! that would be an amazing team for our girl Yep!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:27 pm

cariinm12 wrote:

OMG! I LOVE the new hot orange dress! It looks like it was inspired by something they would wear on dancing with the stars.

Takeshi Honda? Is my memory just playing tricks on me, or was he talking some major trash about Mao or some other skater a few years ago... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm

I don't know why but I really want to see Mao skating to folk music. Maybe even Japanese or something else, I really like Irish folk, and Russian of course.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Star85 wrote:
cariinm12 wrote:

OMG! I LOVE the new hot orange dress! It looks like it was inspired by something they would wear on dancing with the stars.

Takeshi Honda? Is my memory just playing tricks on me, or was he talking some major trash about Mao or some other skater a few years ago... scratch

I loved new Mao dress too Wub
So vibrant and charming Boogie Cheering
I want a REALLY STUNNING costume for Mao new programs plz. Wub Love
Back to top Go down
tigercub

tigercub

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
My number one hope for Mao is that she obtains the goal of beating Yuna at the peak of her prime. I want Mao to be at a point where Yuna can deliver her best program and Mao can still win.

100% agree!

And Thumbs up! to everything MOACHANTHEBEST said about the Kween. I think Yuna said in her biography she admired her because she didn't need an OGM to be remembered as the best. My only "regret" for Michelle is Tara retired, so it was never settled who was the better skater. That's why I hope for Mao's sake Yuna doesn't retire, this rivalry ain't over yet!
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:50 pm

^ I agree with you guys! I totally want Mao to beat Yuna while Yuna is at her best. I want everyone to think that Mao is a major threat to Yuna...

Basically yeah, that's my hope for Mao. I'd like her to work on all the little problems she has so she can compete at her best and skate in a way that makes her proud. I do wish she'd cut down a but on her 3A and bring back her 3-3 for the same reasons everyone else has said.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:36 pm

What about the quad? I'd love to see her getting another plaque by Sochi for being the first lady to land a quad in olys. Dance
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:05 pm

^ I think I would like Mao perfecting her layout the season before the Olympics.So let's say she does 3A, 3LZ, 3F-3L, 3S, 2A, 3F-3T, 2A-3T-2LIf she perfects this layout the season before, then she will have confidence in this layout.Not to mention, this is a pretty challenging layout. 
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:12 pm

alyssa wrote:
What about the quad? I'd love to see her getting another plaque by Sochi for being the first lady to land a quad in olys. Dance

Haha Very Happy the quad is my secret fantasy for Mao as well, after seeing her training with Plushy i was hoping that it might be a bigger priority on her schedule these days

just imagine Mao doing a quad affraid
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:55 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
alyssa wrote:

Haha Very Happy the quad is my secret fantasy for Mao as well, after seeing her training with Plushy i was hoping that it might be a bigger priority on her schedule these days

just imagine Mao doing a quad affraid

I remember in some show after Worlds here, Takeshi Kitano (the film director also known here as Beat Takeshi; a comedian) commented on the arguments about Mao's 3As and men's quads not being rewarded enough or not. He said something like, 'The problem is that she can only do a 3A...if she manages a quad...no, a quintruple! That should shut everyone up, end of argument!'. And I believe that although he was joking, he was trying to be sarcastic at the same time, meaning a female 3A should be considered something special as if it were a quad or a quintruple. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?   What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your hopes for Mao in the next four years?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next