Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yuzuru Hanyu

Go down 
+35
bibi
silenceisgolden
inskate
polosatik
ElleluvsL
ballerinamao
roma
babayaga
shikure
koala_lover
purplemaze
sweetdream
Haidogirl
Alokya
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
4u4a
princessinpink
FatiniAdlina
chelseamarie
ddmm
Mia
klarification
kaarolcia
Figure_skating_love
Spacey
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
☆Genie
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
kawaiimao
kirakira
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
koala_lover

Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 pm

I found an interesting read about Yuzuru-kun. Check it out, yes?

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradewaltz/folder/387811.html
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20120425-00000103-jij-spo.html
i think you may see the shocking news that yuzuru's coach change to Brian Orser.
Although I heard about he was considering to go offshore for training but I didn't expect coach change then never thought about new coach will be Orser.
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:55 am

shikure wrote:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20120425-00000103-jij-spo.html
i think you may see the shocking news that yuzuru's coach change to Brian Orser.
Although I heard about he was considering to go offshore for training but I didn't expect coach change then never thought about new coach will be Orser.
Yuzuru to Orser?? affraid affraid
Whoa... I certainly wasn't expecting that! I just hope that this change will make him happy and that he will be able to adapt to living offshore. Because as we know, most of Japanese skaters had problems with training abroad and feel much better at home.
Back to top Go down
4u4a

4u4a

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 am

Frustrated
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:17 am

Wow, I am not sure how I feel about this. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:52 am

Surprised Of all coaches... I never expected them to choose Orser. Or maybe because we're quite averse to him as Mao fans what with all the things he has stated/implied about her and uh... other Japanese skaters.

I wonder how he'll talk about Japanese skaters now and when we see him accompanying Yuzu to competitions and of course Japan Nationals. This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:58 am

For all the arrangement, from news article everywhere, I smell something werid especially they wrote about the contract with nanami coach was canceled "peacefully".
I didn't think about that at first place, then I remembered JSF arranged coach for Oda and caused Dai left Morozov.
don't know if JSF did that or not but rumors everywhere that ppl saying are JSF is going to find a foreign coach for kanako too.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 am

As much as people rag on Orser, he is actually a brilliant coach if you have good work ethic and talent. Yuzuru has both. That's still a bit of a shock... and honestly, it would benefit Kanako to train with him, too. She has been getting very inconsistent with her free skate, and she is getting some terrible jumping techniques that are going to hurt her soon.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:48 am

Given the previous issues between him and some Japanese athletes (more like his issues with them when he was still with YK), I wasn't expecting JSF will get him for Yuzuru. I wonder who they'll get for Kanako? I erad earlier she's preparing another 3-3 for next season. So she'll be bringing the 3F-3T back? She tried it earlier this season.

I know Brian's a very good coach. Yuna is a given. But now just look at what he's done for Javier and Elene. In one season they've improved a lot. I'm sure Yuzuru will learn a lot from him. I think for Orser, too, he'd be pumped to train someone with a very good work ethic again like the Japanese athletes have. He did mention he missed Yuna's work ethic. I just hope it works well for Yuzu and that he will be "packaged" really well.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 am

Shocking for me at first, yes because he was Yuna's coach during those stressful seasons.
But then I am sure he's a very good coach and must be good for Yuzuru to train abroad.
And I can't recall any bad things Orser said about the JSF or Mao (apart from that comment about Miki's jumps). Can anyone tell me ?
Maybe Orser himself is delighted to get a Japanese skater (and that's Yuzuru!) because I am sure he has bitterness against the korean federation and Yuna.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Wow, I haven't seen this coming! Shocked But it will be very good for Javi to have someone with this kind of talent and work ethic at the rink. Yep!
I can't imagine Kanako with anyone else other than Yamada, since it looks they have such wonderful relationship. Though it wouldn't be bad idea if they sent her to Orser as well ( if she must train abroad), this way she'll have another team member to train with. Though I do feel a bit sorry for Brian, JSF isn't excatly known for being very understanding, so there will be a lot of pressure on Brian to bring Yuzuru to the next level.

ddmm wrote:
Shocking for me at first, yes because he was Yuna's coach during those stressful seasons.
But then I am sure he's a very good coach and must be good for Yuzuru to train abroad.
And I can't recall any bad things Orser said about the JSF or Mao (apart from that comment about Miki's jumps). Can anyone tell me ?
Maybe Orser himself is delighted to get a Japanese skater (and that's Yuzuru!) because I am sure he has bitterness against the korean federation and Yuna.

I don't remember any bad coments about japanese skaters either and it always looked like he had a lot of respect for Mao. I remember the coment about Miki, but I also remember korean media there questioning Brian why Yuna got downgraded, so I always wondered if he felt like he has to justyfy himself as a coach or something. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, there are other ways to do that, but I can't help wondering. Yuna was seen as someone who can do no wrong...IMO

I too think that Brian is probably delighted to have a student with such talent and especially his work ethics, and I can't wait to see what David will do with Yuzuru, cheers He seems to be very fun person to be around with.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Aside from the comment on Miki's jumps, there's the whole "they were disrupting my practice or something like that comment" by YK and I cannot forget them dragging Mao's name into the fray during his very public breakup with YK. That said, I haven't heard him say anything not nice to anyone after that public breakup. So maybe...
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:27 am

Hmm... This is certainly intriguing news. Suspect I'll go reserve my judgment until I have enough things to work with, but I am really hoping the change won't backfire... According to icenetwork, Yuzuru-kun would make frequent trips to Canada while still attending school in Sendai. That would be hectic. And by experience, part-time coaching relationships don't usually set in well, but who knows where this will go? Still........ I hope for the best for Hanyu, and I believe in him. Cheering

Edit:

Morozombie has given his take on the matter: http://morozombie.blogspot.ca/2012/04/hanyu-to-orser.html.
Morozombie raises important issues...

[1] jumping technique [which is really good already, given the consistency and GOE this past season],
[2] choreography [I hope Hanyu's style (a "marriage" between Weir's and Plushenko's) won't be homogenized],
[3] training facilities [the skating rink where Mr. Orser teaches seems decent enough, but Hanyu will have to train with Fernandez ("imagine all the quads being thrown down like gauntlets at the Cricket club next season!")],
[4] stamina (This is a sad, sad thing about Hanyu, though he's proven that it can be not a hindrance to him performing great routines!)
[5] .....and what will happen to Yuzu-kun's beloved Pooh bear.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 am

yuzuru also seemed to have agood relationship with his coach and it seemed to work why did he have to change?
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:25 am

Wow, this off-season is getting to be a lot more strange and interesting than I thought it would be Faint2 Does this mean that Yuzu's programs will be choreographed by David Wilson like most of Orser's other skaters? Neutral
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 am

ballerinamao wrote:
yuzuru also seemed to have agood relationship with his coach and it seemed to work why did he have to change?

My bet is on JSF. I doubt Yuzuru decided this all by himself...

ElleluvsL, David usually choreographs for Brian's skaters, so I doubt this is going to change now. I'm curious what he'll do with Yuzu, I just hope he won't change him that much.

Abdiel, if Yuzu's frequent trips to Canada will be to tiresome, I can see JSF telling him to move there permanetly. I don't like it how controling JSF is, so if rumours about Kanako going to train abroad are true, I really hope it's going to happen with her blessing and it isn't something that she doesn't want, but has to do.
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I just hope he won't change him that much.

I hope so as well Sweatdrop

I do wonder if B. Orser talked to Javier about it beforehand, like how Yuka and Jason talked to Jeremy Abbot to make sure he was okay with them coaching Adam Rippon...I really hope that Brian is able to give enough attention to Yuzu as well, because I really question how he is able to divide time between Christina Gao, Elene G., and Cynthia Phaneuf, plus Javier of course. WOW! but if the Zueva/Shpilband ice dancers are all able to share a coach then I guess it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:32 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I can see JSF telling him to move there permanently. I don't like it how controlling JSF is, so if rumours about Kanako going to train abroad are true, I really hope it's going to happen with her blessing and it isn't something that she doesn't want, but has to do.

Moving permanently depends on the student; perhaps if Yuzuru (and Kanako, if need be) is comfortable, then it may be better for him to do so than to be exhausted after repeated trips. I agree with you, the decision should come from the athlete. I hope the best for them!

ElleluvsL wrote:
the Zueva/Shpilband ice dancers are all able to share a coach then I guess it's possible.

Oh yeah! It was amazing that back in 2011 WC, all the ice dance medallists had the same coach!

ElleluvsL wrote:
Does this mean that Yuzu's programs will be choreographed by David Wilson like most of Orser's other skaters?

I believe so, unless Yuzuru objects, but we'll see. Maybe he'll have one (SP or LP) by Wilson. Hmm... I may be dreaming but I feel a Russian style of teaching (but please not Morozov) with all its intricacies and attention to detail may serve Yuzuru better than Orser's rather generic but clean style. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am

David will also create new programs for Liza and Artur, so it's a lot of new students for him.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:36 am

Someone transcribed and translated Yuzuru's interview, and the script is on tumblr: http://yoko71.tumblr.com/.

Check it out, yeah?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:25 am

Abdiel, thank you! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Yuzuru's new SP skated at Mariposa Charity Gala:
http://crystalchandelure.tumblr.com/post/29342614475/yuzuru-hanyu-x-mariposa-gala-i-did-not-record
(The audio and video quality aren't the best, but kudos to the person who recorded it for giving us some idea on how Yuzuru's SP will look like Smile )
There's some controversy in regard to this SP at GS and FSU, but I actually like it. The music does sound a bit irritating, but I think it's mostly caused by the fact that the video was recorded on a cellphone and the audio got a bit warbled in the process. The actual music, which I looked up on YT, sounds nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks for posting it inskate.

I don't know what to make of this program, I'll wait to see it on grand prix, but for now I'm not liking it. Do you by any chance know who choreographed his sp (David, or Kurt)?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

If Dai would have skated to this music it would be ok, but Yuzuru Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yuzuru Hanyu
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next