Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's Family!

Go down 
+5
ballerinamao
Figure_skating_love
mingming
BowbowDaijin
klarification
9 posters
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:04 am

Hi guys!

You may all know that I'm a new fan of Mao-chan, and I was wondering if there is any information about Mao's family. Of course there is Mai, but what about her mother and father? I don't think we should disregard their presence. They supported Mao a lot and shaped her into becoming the lovely young woman we know today!

But unfortunately... There doesn't seem to be a lot of things written/documented about them. I figured that Mao's mom isn't a hardcore figure skating mom (unlike someone who has his mom hovering over him even in competitions coughcoughcough), but it's like I don't even see her in media coverages. And what about Mao's dad? Hardly no mention of him at all. (Oh, and it's Father's day this June 20!) Crying or Very sad

Probably, it's not important, but I want to get to know Mao better as a fan. Anyone willing to post a few things about them???
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:46 am

I doubt you are Japanese or not. You know about Father's Day in Japan
so well. I'm not Japanese but I notice Japanese concern about privacy
a lot. Not so many people want to be in media. So Mao's mother and
father are this type of Japanese. They don't want to show who they
are so they will be not focused every time, they go somewhere. Mao's
mother is the person Mao talked about fluently. She seems strong and
never neglect to blame Mao as Asian ordinary mothers do. (Mine is
also.)
About Mao's father, some media talked that he worked as HOST in bar?
I don't know about this because each generation has different stereotype
about "HOST". "HOST" nowadays, seems like boys in bar who made
Japanese girls relaxing and of course pay him a lot. But what about
"HOST" in the old days? Or maybe he is just only a master in some
nightclub.

The story ended here because this kind of dispatch really hurt Mao's
reputation and since her father doesn't want to be media's clown so
one day, they gave up to talk about Mao's parents.
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 am

I think klarification was just curious and not meaningful at all.
As for Mao's father, the media which said something about occupation was just a tabloid, which covers mostly gossips. What I can believe writing about him is only on 'Mao Asada,15' series books by Naoko Utsunomiya.
It says he was in abroad on business trip when Mao was born. And Mao did say she can relax with him because he doesn't say anything about figure skating.
And yes, most Japanese don't want to show who they are. Especially Mao is the most popular skater in Japan, so it's better to end this topic..
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Well, it's not like I want a wiki-like post on them. A few tidbits on them would be nice and all, something they can share but something that won't threaten their privacy as a family.

I'm aware that Japanese people are very private. Most Asians are. But I rarely hear mentions, and I don't think I've ever seen a family photo. Heck, I don't even know their names! It would've been nice to know how they raised Mao, and what their views are regarding her being a super famous skater. Well, I guess that's asking for too much.

Thanks for the info mingming! And maybe you're right. If I was being rude by bringing this topic, it wasn't my intention. Curiosity as a Mao fan got the best of me.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:59 am

klarification wrote:
Well, it's not like I want a wiki-like post on them. A few tidbits on them would be nice and all, something they can share but something that won't threaten their privacy as a family.

I'm aware that Japanese people are very private. Most Asians are. But I rarely hear mentions, and I don't think I've ever seen a family photo. Heck, I don't even know their names! It would've been nice to know how they raised Mao, and what their views are regarding her being a super famous skater. Well, I guess that's asking for too much.

Thanks for the info mingming! And maybe you're right. If I was being rude by bringing this topic, it wasn't my intention. Curiosity as a Mao fan got the best of me.

Really i didn't consider it asking for too much. So far as I'm concerned whenever your child is super famous (like Mao is) people will always wonder how you raised your child. I think it's a healthy amount of curiosity Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm

does anyone know if mao has other siblings beside mai?
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Mai is Mao's only sibling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am

chineseteacup wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

okay thank for telling....
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 am

ballerinamao wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

okay thank for telling....

Hee, you're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:20 pm

does anyone know if mao's parent's ever travel with mao to the competition or watch her live... now that I think about it, I don't know anything about them... are mao's parents even together??? it is strange to not know anything about mao's family when you're a fan...
Back to top Go down
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 am

ballerinamao wrote:
does anyone know if mao's parent's ever travel with mao to the competition or watch her live... now that I think about it, I don't know anything about them... are mao's parents even together??? it is strange to not know anything about mao's family when you're a fan...

mao's mom was with her during the GPF 2006 in St. Petersburg.

Mao's Family! 24ez9ky
Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:26 am

I've seen clips of young Mao and Mai practicing with their mother by the rink before. She basically doesn't appear in public after her daughters became popular, but I think she tags along with them most of the time. And there was an interview article once in which she said, she's always wanted to let her kids try whatever they were interested in. We should be thankful to her attitude, cause otherwise Mao and Mai may not have started FS! Yep!

Btw, Mao's father's occupation was written in the tabloids that he was a host. When we say host in Japan, it's about guys who accompany women customers for drinks and conversation in specialized bars. But Mao's father was a host long ago when he was young, not now as far as I know. And although there are bad host bars nowadays which make women spend lots of money spending time with hosts who have brains the size of an ant and aren't even good-looking at all, classic host bars were elegant with well mannered hosts so being a host in Mao's father's days wasn't anything to be ashamed of. It's basically a proper sevice profession, and I find nothing wrong in it.

I once saw the other parents of kids who took same skating classes as Mao and Mai talking on tv about their father. They all said he is a very polite well mannered man, and is also quite handsome! Wub But he seems to be running his own business now, so assuming he's busy, I doubt he travels to competitions with his daughters much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:27 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Btw, Mao's father's occupation was written in the tabloids that he was a host. When we say host in Japan, it's about guys who accompany women customers for drinks and conversation in specialized bars. But Mao's father was a host long ago when he was young, not now as far as I know. And although there are bad host bars nowadays which make women spend lots of money spending time with hosts who have brains the size of an ant and aren't even good-looking at all, classic host bars were elegant with well mannered hosts so being a host in Mao's father's days wasn't anything to be ashamed of. It's basically a proper sevice profession, and I find nothing wrong in it.

I once saw the other parents of kids who took same skating classes as Mao and Mai talking on tv about their father. They all said he is a very polite well mannered man, and is also quite handsome! Wub But he seems to be running his own business now, so assuming he's busy, I doubt he travels to competitions with his daughters much.
I think I remember reading somewhere, that Mao's father is an estate dealer?
Other tidbits I remember: before Olys, when Mao was so stressed and had problems with 3a, her father took her out for a day. Apparently this made her calmer afterwards. She told about it in an interview after Vancouver. There was also something about Mao&Mai laughing, that their father is rather "big" nowadays. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mao's Family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's Family!   Mao's Family! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's Family!
Page 1 of 1