Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater

Go down 
+8
chiyori
Star85
Pandorina
alyssa
mingming
klarification
maofan93
aoi88
12 posters
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Empty
PostSubject: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 am

I can't believe I just discovered her now, but ZiJun Li is a talented young skater from China. She is already the National champion. She has a soft and lyrical style that reminds me of Mao so much. Here are some videos of her skating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigJ-gtZGB4 (Over the Rainbow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTZwMmLrbc (East of Eden SP)

It also does help that she skated to music used by my two favorite skaters (Mao and Michelle Many Hearts ). She gaves me hope that China may get another prominent ladies skater after Lu Chen.

Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Did anyone else notice that this girl does the one handed beilman spin like Mao?
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Yes she does do the one-handed beillman like Mao. flower Btw, she won the bronze medal at her first JGPF event. cheers I am hoping she can enter the final. I really like her short program (to the UP! movie soundtrack), despite the awkward fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqm_te-RzAU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:17 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Yes she does do the one-handed beillman like Mao. flower Btw, she won the bronze medal at her first JGPF event. cheers I am hoping she can enter the final. I really like her short program (to the UP! movie soundtrack), despite the awkward fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqm_te-RzAU&feature=related

Yeah! Adelina was amazing in that event (her final score was monstrous!), but this girl who reminded me of Mao a bit got me intrigued. And she skated to the UP! movie soundtrack (which I hoped Mao would skate)! Bonus points from me! She just might be China's future. Too sweet!

Although I gotta say, I'm quite sad about Yukiko's result. She could've done better.
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 am

aoi88 wrote:
She has a soft and lyrical style that reminds me of Mao so much.
Yes!! She reminds me of Mao in junior circuit! flower Hope she will grow up into a great skater in the future sunny
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 am

She's pretty good. I hope she can bring China back on top in sngles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Pandorina

Pandorina

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:05 am

very nice performance. She is so soft Wink
and I love the one hand biellmann...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes she is very good, especially for her age! But how did she use a song with lyrics in it like that in the nationals?? I thought that was against the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:55 pm

I like her a lot! I hope she can keep it up.

Alyssa, I LOVE you banner!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:07 am

I found some photos of ZiJun and Mao from AOI. Images credited to Mao Chinese forum (they always have rare photos^^)

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 0557c05818
ZiJun, Mao, and Joannie.

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 9f06dddd01
ZiJun and Mao

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 9bb12b7890
ZiJun and Mai

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 0f2fb755af
Pretty image of ZiJun. She looks like an angel. Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 335418
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:37 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I found some photos of ZiJun and Mao from AOI. Images credited to Mao Chinese forum (they always have rare photos^^)

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 0557c05818
ZiJun, Mao, and Joannie.

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 9f06dddd01
ZiJun and Mao

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 9bb12b7890
ZiJun and Mai

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 0f2fb755af
Pretty image of ZiJun. She looks like an angel. Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 335418

OMG she warmed my heart so much after I saw her Free Skate, reminded me of young Mao Wub Wub Wub

Thanks for this pics, you are awesome Cheering Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Yea, I know she's so adorable. Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater 420949 I wonder what she thinks of Mao. I only know of her mentioning Yuna as her idol. But I feel she probably also admires Mao since she did do the one-hand beillman, which is one of Mao's signature moves.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm

ZiJun is the first skater I've seen since Mao to have truly balletic qualities..I wonder if she's done any ballet? She's so light and graceful, and she uses her arms beautifully and has wonderful lines and extensions. Can't wait to see how she progresses!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 pm

new long program from zi jun li. i think the choreography needs work but overall she's very strong and i enjoy her skating. she has so much potential.

http://www.56.com/u12/v_NjI0MTI1MDU.html
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 am

Zijun's new short program: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE0MDI2MTE2.html

I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater   Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zi Jun Li: Promising young Chinese skater
Page 1 of 1