Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

old cute article

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Look at what I found, that's a cute article!
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20060326a2.html
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: Re: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:43 am

Thank you, it's great to go back in time and see what changed. santa

For example in the article Mao said that she doesn't like slow music much, but a year later she will say that she really loves Nocturne and skating to Chopin music (which is usually rather slow, with few exceptions like Fantasie) Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: Re: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:50 pm

It's interesting that their Mom wanted them to become a (world-class!) ballerina. Then their Mom perhaps may be happy that they take ballet lessons from world-class ballet teacher in Russia!
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: Re: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:32 am

"One of Mao's signature moves is a Bielmann spin with only one hand on her skate. She says she developed it on her own."

I haven't seen her done this for some time now... I really like it and I hope she'd do it again in future.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: Re: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Mirai wrote:
"One of Mao's signature moves is a Bielmann spin with only one hand on her skate. She says she developed it on her own."

I haven't seen her done this for some time now... I really like it and I hope she'd do it again in future.

I think the last time she dit it was in her Habanera EX... I think she swithed to both-hands-on-blade variation because it is considered difficult... Plus it's easier to achieve tighter position this way and thus higher speed. Accelerating the spin is one of the features to get higher level, and the one that Mao seems to have a problem with...

I would love to see it again, at least in Gala, though! There were people who said that it was an easier variation and the Biellman should be counted as such only when both hands are on the blade (proving that the skater has good flexibility). I don't think those people ever tried to do a Biellman! Hell, no! One-handed variation is really difficult, you need to have a great stretch to be able to hold the blade with just one hand. The skaters who can't put both hand on the blade usually have to support the holding arm with the second one, because if you have bad stretch you have to use a lot of force and it really hurts your arm!
Yikes!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

old cute article Empty
PostSubject: Re: old cute article   old cute article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

old cute article
Page 1 of 1