Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Secret Santa

Go down 
+9
aoi88
clovera
kaarolcia
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
europeanfan
bellarina
klarification
polosatik
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:42 pm

The main idea came from SashaFans forum. Maybe it will be good to try it here too, who knows, trust me,it will make us a little bit closer!Razz

The whole thing called Secret Santa

Members from the forum who want to take part in it, came to the special thread(Secret Santa entries) and say they want to participate. Usually it take a week or maybe be more, then after everyone entried, one member counts the contestants, for example the number is 30 and gives each member a number( no one knows which number is yours actually). After that, this special member ask all contestants to wrote a number from 1 to 30( if the number of contestants is 30).Then the keeper of Secret Santa PMs everyone and tells who are you making a gift for. Cheering
But you don't who is your Santa till the deadline. When the deadline comes everyone shares their gifts! We made it three times at SF and it was a lot of fun. Presents can be all kinds, montages, blends, stories, wishes, everything you want.

I think we need something to chill us a little bit in this hard time, so why not? If you have any questions about,feel free to ask. Many Hearts
Btw also all contestants post their preferences, what music do they like, what colour etc. Just to make it easier for everyone. What do you think?

Deadline: 24th of December

Participants

polosatik 11
klarification 6
bellarina 4
europeanfan 7
alyssa 1
PochinkoPotanko 9
kaarolcia 2
clovera 10
aoi88 8
dawnsherearequiet 5
Star85 3

Last edited by polosatik on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:10 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I want to participate! Very Happy

I hope more people would show interest, it would be fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:44 pm

This sounds like a great idea! Very Happy

Maybe we can make a standard form that everyone fills out in terms of favorite music, etc? That way, if you want to make someone something, you don't have to ask them, "hey, what's your favorite ___?" and make it obvious that you're their Secret Santa/what you're making them Razz
For example, something like this:
Favorite songs:
Favorite musicians:
Favorite color:
Favorite Mao programs:
Favorite Mao pictures:
What else should there be?
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 pm

bellarina wrote:

Maybe we can make a standard form that everyone fills out in terms of favorite music, etc? That way, if you want to make someone something, you don't have to ask them, "hey, what's your favorite ___?" and make it obvious that you're their Secret Santa/what you're making them Razz
Favorite songs:
Favorite musicians:
Favorite color:
Favorite Mao programs:
Favorite Mao pictures:

bellarina, I missed you! Wow, it's like we're organizing another fan project! Hell, no!

Maybe a standard size for blends, icons, etc. Number of words for stories. And a fixed time for videos (for example: up to 1:30 min only).

BTW, what would be the presents anyway? Blends, artworks, icons, montages, vids, stories... Did I miss anything Asya? Of course, since we're here in the Mao forum, I think it'll be a good idea if our theme revolves around Mao in general, but maybe we can branch out and include the other skaters, IDK.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:24 am

bellarina wrote:

Favorite songs:
Favorite musicians:
Favorite color:
Favorite Mao programs:
Favorite Mao pictures:
I think that's enough . Razz Thanks for your help! I suppose it will be better to make another thread with favourites, in order not to mix things.What do you think? And yey, I hope more members would show interest, that's really a lot of fan! lol!

edit: I think maybe this option will be also helpful,favourite skaters besides Mao?

Last edited by polosatik on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:40 am

klarification wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Favorite songs:
Favorite musicians:
Favorite color:
Favorite Mao programs:
Favorite Mao pictures:

bellarina, I missed you! Wow, it's like we're organizing another fan project! Hell, no!

Maybe a standard size for blends, icons, etc. Number of words for stories. And a fixed time for videos (for example: up to 1:30 min only).

BTW, what would be the presents anyway? Blends, artworks, icons, montages, vids, stories... Did I miss anything Asya? Of course, since we're here in the Mao forum, I think it'll be a good idea if our theme revolves around Mao in general, but maybe we can branch out and include the other skaters, IDK.

May be it's a good idea to have a standard size for blends and limit for montages but I don't it necessary. Razz To me you mentions all kinds of artwork, can't think about anything else. scratch Yeah, Mao is the main character in the presents but if a person who you are making a gift for likes Daisuke, you can include him in you montage, blend or whatever.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 am

I want to participate Cheering Confetti But where should I write my preferences? On this thread?

After all we can upload all montages on youtube and then all Mao's fans will get secret gifts from us santa
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:19 am

I loved it!!! I want to participate!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:58 am

Most of my dearest friends have already gathered...Of course I'm in!
We have so many artists in this forum, this will be so much fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:37 am

I would love to take part too! Boogie
Great idea polosatik!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:27 am

europeanfan wrote:
But where should I write my preferences? On this thread?

No answer? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 am

europeanfan wrote:
europeanfan wrote:
But where should I write my preferences? On this thread?

No answer? Crying or Very sad
Sorry, I just came home. No, I'm making another thread for preferences right now. This is the entries thread. Everyone is in! cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 am

We need more participants!!! Guys, please hurry up! clovera? Batsuchan? Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

polosatik wrote:
We need more participants!!! Guys, please hurry up! clovera? Batsuchan? Sweatdrop
maybe you could try sending PMs to members who are active in the forum nowadays. Not everyone checks the General Chat threads Razz so they may have no idea about the project. Wink
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:24 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
polosatik wrote:
maybe you could try sending PMs to members who are active in the forum nowadays. Not everyone checks the General Chat threads Razz so they may have no idea about the project. Wink
Good idea !!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

I have zero talent when it comes to computer-generated art (which was sort of why I didn't post until Asya sent me a PM), but if that's OK with everyone, sure! Whirly cat
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 pm

clovera wrote:
I have zero talent when it comes to computer-generated art (which was sort of why I didn't post until Asya sent me a PM), but if that's OK with everyone, sure! Whirly cat
Of course it's ok!!!!!! Boogie Thank you so much clovera!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh wow, this is like a reunion of the birthday project people! Razz Yay! I hope more people who didn't do the birthday project do this so we, like polosatik said, get to know you better too Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 pm

This seems fun! Add me to the list. flower
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 am

aoi88 wrote:

This seems fun! Add me to the list. flower
yey! Aoi with us!!! cheers I added you!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:37 am

We have 9 participants so far, but I hope for more. I will wait for two days I think, because time is flying, Christmas is already here. The only question i have to all of you guys, who would mix the numbers and send PMs? First I was planning to do it, but I'm also a participant so then I would know who is my secret santa and that's not cool. No
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:55 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 am

You can make one gift for all of us and the rest of us will decide who will be your secret santa Wink I know this idea isn't perfect becasue someone would have to make 2 gifts, so maybe someone has other...
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 am

Maybe we can ask someone outside the forums to mix the numbers for us. Er, it'll be awkward but if someone's nice enough to do it, then it might work out. scratch
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:14 am

Maybe we can ask Genie to do it. She's our moderator after all. Wink We can all make something for her, in exchange for sacrificing an opportunity to be a participant. That way no one alone will be doing double duty. It's kinda like how you leave milk and cookies for Santa as a thank you for bringing you gifts. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Secret Santa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next