Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

best time to start figure skating?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonyLeaber

best time to start figure skating? Empty
PostSubject: best time to start figure skating?   best time to start figure skating? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 am

no course its not too late Smile i know people who have started in their 60's! i also started at 14, and have been skating now for about 10 months.

granted most people start when they are very young (one girl i know is about 4 and I'm sure she'll be an Olympic skater!) but i think its good to start older too. granted littler children have a lot of fearlessness, but i think its easier to comprehend some of the skills when you're a little older.

you don't have to compete if you don't want to, you could just take the level tests or skate for fun. its up to you, if you're dedicated, have money to spare (it gets pretty expensive Razz) and love for the sport then why not start Very Happy group lessons are great for beginners and you can make heaps of new friends there.

good luck, and happy skating!!!

best time to start figure skating?
Page 1 of 1