Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Christmas present to you all :)

Go down 
+4
europeanfan
klarification
Spacey
Batsuchan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

My Christmas present to you all :) Empty
PostSubject: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:56 am

Due to popular request, I'm re-posting this on a public thread. santa Enjoy!

Well, I promised this a few days ago, but I wasn't able to come up with anything good until now (plus, I didn't want to say anything about the results at Nationals and jinx it). Sweatdrop

So here it is, my belated present to all of you: a Mao and Taka-chan Christmas story! Many Hearts

Nationals and the exhibition gala are finally over, so Mao, Miki, Taka-chan and Kana-chan are all heading back to Nagoya together. They're all sitting together on the train in one row: Miki and Taka-chan on one side of the aisle, and then Mao-chan and Kana-chan on the other side.

Taka: I wish Nationals weren't over Christmas. I haven't gotten to celebrate Christmas in such a long time...
Mao: What are you talking about? You got the best present of all, winning Nationals.
Taka: But--
Miki: Yeah, and it's not like you have a girlfriend to celebrate with anyway.

As she says this, Miki casts a knowing look toward Mao, causing Taka-chan to blush all the way to his ears. Mao doesn't notice, since she's texting on her phone, but Kana-chan sees everything, and is like "Hmmm!"

Yes, she has been watching Taka-chan and Mao-chan for a long time now. At first, she had kind of a schoolgirl crush on Taka-chan, who was like a cute older brother to her, but she soon realized that he seemed to like Mao-chan. They were always hanging out together, laughing and teasing each other. But Mao-chan never seemed to realize how much Taka-chan likes her.

Mao: Ehh?! Mai ate the Christmas cake without me?! That's not fair!
[Mao's stomach growls.]
Mao: Ohh, I'm hungry. I knew I should have gotten another order of sushi at the restaurant...
Miki: That's just like you, Mao-chan! Always thinking about food!
Mao: [grinning] Yup!!

Suddenly, Kana-chan has an idea...

The next day, Kana-chan arrives at the Chuukyo rink extra early, carrying a Christmas cake. Mao-chan and Taka-chan are already there practicing, so she is extra careful to walk in without being seen.
She puts the cake in the break room and signs the card, "To Mao, From Santa."

She walks out of the room and heads toward the exit. She passes by the rink, and then she almost runs straight into Mao-chan, who has just come off the rink.

Mao: Oh, Kana-chan! What are you doing here so early?
Kana: [flustered] Ohh, uhh, I uhh, oh! I'm getting new boots for my skates, so I came to pick up my old ones to use.
Mao: Ah. New boots, huh? I always hate breaking in new boots.
Kana: Yup...
Mao: Ok, well I'll see you later then.

Mao turns to head to the locker room.

Kana: Wait!
She runs up close to Mao-chan and whispers, "Taka-chan told me to tell you to meet him in the break room."
Mao: What?
Mao glances at Taka-chan, who is putting on his skate guards.
Mao: Why did he say that?
Kana: [shrugs] I dunno....WELL, I gotta go! Bye!

A confused Mao heads toward the break room.
As soon as she's out of sight, Kana-chan runs over to Taka-chan.

Taka: Oh, Kana-chan!
Kana: Listen, Mao-chan told me to tell you to meet her in the break room right now.
Taka: Right now?
Kana: Yeah! It sounded kind of important.
Taka: Really?
Kana: You should go!
Taka: Hm, okay...

He picks up his stuff and heads toward the break room. Kana-chan follows him from a distance, and after he goes in, she goes up to the door and tries to spy on what's going on inside.

Taka: [awkward] So, you wanted to talk to me?
Mao: Huh? I thought you wanted to talk to me?
Taka: What? But Kana-chan said you wanted to meet me here?
Mao: She did?! She told me YOU wanted to meet me.
Taka: That's weird...
Mao: [confused] Yeah, why would she do that?

Behind the door, Kana-chan mutters, "Because you two are meant to be!"

Taka: Did you hear something?

Kana-chan thinks "Oh crap!" and covers her mouth.

Mao finally notices the box on the table.

Mao: What is that? "To Mao, from Santa." Oh, it's for me!
She opens the box.
Mao: Wow, it's a Christmas cake! It looks delicious!

They cut two slices of the cake and start to eat it, standing by the side of the table.

Mao: Mmm, this is delicious! I'm glad I got to eat Christmas cake!
Taka: Yeah, it looks like we got to celebrate Christmas after all.

They grin at each other.

Mao: Merry Christmas, Taka-chan!
Taka: Merry Christmas, Mao!

They eat a few more bites in silence, and then Mao says...

Mao: Congrats on winning Nationals, Taka-chan. I was really impressed.
Taka: [blushing] Nahh, I made so many mistakes in the free program. YOU'RE the one who's impressive. Every time you skate like that, I get tears in my eyes..
Mao: [bursts out laughing] What?!
Taka: I'm serious! You...you move people when you skate.
Mao: You really think so? Well, I still have so much more work to do to get better...

Outside, Kana-chan thinks to herself, "Yess!!"
Then all of a sudden, Mai appears, much to Kana-chan's surprise.

Kana: Mai-chan! What are you doing here?
Mai: Oh, I think Mao is in the break room...
Kana: [grabs her by the elbow] Oh no, Mao-chan went outside to get some fresh air.
Mai: But-
Kana: Come on! Let's go look for her!

And she half drags Mai away.

Back inside the break room:

Taka: You know, recently, I've been able to train much harder than I used to.
Mao: Really? Why is that?
Taka: Because...[swallows hard] Because you're here.

Mao doesn't know what to say to this. She's never seen Taka-chan look so serious before.

They stand there in silence for a second, until Taka-chan notices...

Taka: You have some frosting on your lip.

Their eyes lock as he slowly reaches his hand up to wipe it off. His fingers are just an inch away when the door suddenly opens and Kumiko-sensei walks in.

Kumiko-sensei: It's time--

Taka-chan immediately yanks his arm down and turns away from Mao.

Kumiko-sensei takes in their guilty-looking faces with a knowing smile and says, "It's time to practice."

Mao: Uh, yeah, I was just heading out.
Taka: Uh, me too.

The two of them hurry out of the room.

Kumiko-sensei can't help but chuckle to herself.

She goes out and stands next to Nobuo-sensei at the boards. Mao-chan and Taka-chan have just started their warm-up, and they watch them go through their exercises.

Kumiko-sensei: Takahiko-kun has done very well ever since Mao-chan has been training with him, hasn't he?
Nobuo-sensei: Yes.
Kumiko-sensei: [half to herself; dreamily] How nice to be young....and in love...
Nobuo-sensei: What? What's gotten into you?
Kumiko-sensei: Hmm? Nothing...

Mao-chan and Taka-chan have started some kind of race, and they are laughing and chatting.

Nobuo-sensei: It's so nice to see that girl smile again.
Kumiko-sensei: Yes, she has the best smile, doesn't she? A smile that makes everyone else want to smile...

THE END
(For now.)

Hell, no! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

My Christmas present to you all :) 38554 My Christmas present to you all :) 325908 My Christmas present to you all :) 444453 Just Lovely! My Christmas present to you all :) 5534 My Christmas present to you all :) 420949 Thank you so much Batsuchan! I can't wait for more! I giggled and blushed Embarassed like a school girl ! Razz My Christmas present to you all :) 92512
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:27 am

Batsuchan! Thank you! Suddenly I have warm and fuzzy feelings inside of me~!

Oh, and little Kana-chan the matchmaker! Wub Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 am

Thank you Batsuchan, great story My Christmas present to you all :) 238895 I'm waiting for next part Wink cheers cheers

Mao-chan, Taka-chan, Kana-chan, Mai-chan... What's going on? Does it have something in common with... you know...

Patrick Chan? My Christmas present to you all :) 265123
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:51 am

europeanfan wrote:
Thank you Batsuchan, great story My Christmas present to you all :) 238895 I'm waiting for next part Wink cheers cheers

Mao-chan, Taka-chan, Kana-chan, Mai-chan... What's going on? Does it have something in common with... you know...

Patrick Chan? My Christmas present to you all :) 265123

Oh no! The next thing we know, we'll be calling him... Patrick Chan-sama! Shocked Evil or Very Mad

BTWT europeanfan in case you didn't know, adding -chan to a name denotes fondness and familiarity to a person in Japan. Usually, you use -chan for girls and -kun for boys. Example: Mao-chan, Kanako-chan, Taka-kun, Dai-kun, etc. But when you add -sama, it means the person is held in great esteem, a very important person, sort of like a 'master.' Er, at least that's what I know!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 am

This story is just so sweet and fluffy. Wub It's like it's from a chapter out of a shojo manga. Thank you for sharing Batsuchan. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 am

klarification wrote:

Oh no! The next thing we know, we'll be calling him... Patrick Chan-sama! Shocked Evil or Very Mad

BTWT europeanfan in case you didn't know, adding -chan to a name denotes fondness and familiarity to a person in Japan. Usually, you use -chan for girls and -kun for boys. Example: Mao-chan, Kanako-chan, Taka-kun, Dai-kun, etc. But when you add -sama, it means the person is held in great esteem, a very important person, sort of like a 'master.' Er, at least that's what I know!

Thank you for explanation klarification Wink

So "chan" for girls? It explains a bit Patrick Chan (oh no... I'm malicious again My Christmas present to you all :) 515885 My Christmas present to you all :) 338429 I'm sorry, I will try to improve myself My Christmas present to you all :) 383730 ), but doesn't explain why so many people call Takahiko "Taka-chan". I hear it oftener than "Taka- kun". Honestly I've never heard "Taka-kun" before.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 pm

europeanfan wrote:
klarification wrote:

Thank you for explanation klarification Wink

So "chan" for girls? It explains a bit Patrick Chan (oh no... I'm malicious again My Christmas present to you all :) 515885 My Christmas present to you all :) 338429 I'm sorry, I will try to improve myself My Christmas present to you all :) 383730 ), but doesn't explain why so many people call Takahiko "Taka-chan". I hear it oftener than "Taka- kun". Honestly I've never heard "Taka-kun" before.

"-chan" is actually used for little kids, and also for people you are close to, no matter how old they are. For example, even though Midori Ito is like 40 years old now, Coach Machiko Yamada still refers to her as "Midori-chan," which always makes me laugh. Hell, no!

"-kun" is used only for males, and generally males who are younger than you. (That's why I imagine Kumiko-sensei calling Taka "Takahiko-kun.")

The reason why Taka is "Taka-chan" is because Mao, Miki and Taka all grew up together, so they call him Taka-chan out of habit. (We learned this from a hilarious group interview right before the 2009 World Team Trophy.) Similarly, Nobu (Oda) calls Daisuke "Dai-chan," because they have known each other since they were kids and that's what he's used to calling him.

And for people in your family, or people you are close to (and especially if they are younger), you may not use one of these suffixes as all. For example, Taka, Mai, and Miki all call Mao "Mao" without any suffix, and Mao calls Mai "Mai."

Hope that helps! flower
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:37 pm

OMG, what happened here today? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 am

Ok everyone, here is the next part of the story! Wink (It's probably going to be the last for awhile...vacation's over soon... Sweatdrop )

And if you missed the little Coming-of-Age day story I made up, you can find it here:
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t954-maomao-brand-clothing

Enjoy!!! Too sweet!

It’s the night of January 2nd, and Mao’s mother has just picked her up from evening practice.

“Ohh, I’m so hungry!” Mao exclaims.

“Listen—Kumiko-sensei asked if we wanted to have dinner with them tomorrow night. It’s Nobuo-sensei’s birthday.”

“Ehh?! It is?!” Mao thinks for a second. “I wonder if Taka-chan knows. We should do something special for him!”

She pulls out her cellphone and calls Taka-chan.

“Taka-chan, it’s Mao.”
“Oh, hi. What’s up?”
“Did you know it’s Nobuo-sensei’s birthday tomorrow? We should do something!”
“Oh you’re right! I forgot!”
“What can we do for him? Hmmm…”
“We could get him a cake…?”
“Yeah, a cake! OH!! I know! Let’s make him a cake!!”
“Make one?”
“Yeah, I’m a good cook, you know!”
“Hmm…well…”
“Why don’t you come over to my house later, and we can make it together?”
“Hmm, okay, fine. I’ll see you later.”
“Later then!”

Mao then turns to her mother.
“That’s okay, right, Mama? If Taka-chan comes over…”
Mao’s mother smiles broadly. “Of course. Let’s go stop at the supermarket and pick up some ingredients.”

Two hours later, Mao and Taka-chan are standing in Mao’s kitchen, looking at a recipe and surveying the ingredients out on the counter.
“I think we have everything we need…” Mao says.
“Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”
“Yeah!! Baking a cake is easy.”
“If you say so…”
“Ok, Taka-chan why don’t you measure out the flour into this bowl?”
Mao passes him a big mixing bowl, and Taka-chan starts measuring out the flour. Some of the flour dust goes in his face, however, and he lets out a huge sneeze, sending flour flying everywhere.

“Oh no, look what a mess you made!” Mao exclaims.
“Sorry!” Taka-chan wipes his face with his flour-covered hand, leaving flour marks all over his face.
“Now you’ve got it all over your face!” Mao bursts out laughing.
“Oh yeah?” Taka-chan reaches out a flour-covered finger and leaves a streak across Mao’s nose. “Well now you do too!”
“Hey!!” Mao raises her arm to hit him, but Taka-chan grabs her arm, and then when she tries to use her left arm, he grabs that one too.
“Lemme go!” Mao laughs. She manages to wrench one arm free and tickles him in the side.
“Ack!” Taka-chan grabs hold of her hand this time, and when she tries to poke him with the other hand, he grabs that hand too.
They struggle and giggle for a few more seconds, and then, from the living room, Mao’s mom calls out, “What’s going on in there?”

Taka-chan and Mao freeze.
“Nothing!” Mao yells back. “Taka-chan just spilled some flour, that’s all!”
“Okay. Let me know if you need any help in there…”
“No, we’re fine!”

Mao grins sheepishly at Taka-chan, and they both suddenly realize that they’ve been holding hands during this entire exchange. Embarrassed, they quickly release their hands and try to focus on making the cake.
“Uh, ok, so what’s next…”

About an hour later, Mai comes home. “I’m home!”

She walks into the kitchen and finds Mao and Taka-chan sitting at the table, totally absorbed in decorating a cake.

“Oooh, that looks delicious!” She reaches out a finger to swipe some frosting, but Mao slaps it away.
“No touching! This cake is for Nobuo-sensei!”
“Oh?”
“It’s his birthday tomorrow so Taka-chan and I decided to make him a cake.”
“Oh, is that so? Gee…I didn’t know you liked to bake, Taka-chan.” She gives him a teasing look.
Taka-chan blushes. “Well, Mao asked me…”
“Ah, of course.” Mai smiles knowingly, causing Taka-chan to blush even more.

Mao puts a finishing touch on the cake. “All done!”
“It’s perfect, don’t you think, Taka-chan?”
“Yup.”
Mao and Taka-chan smile at each other.
Mai looks at them and suddenly frowns. “Why are you two covered in flour?”

At the Chuukyou University ice rink the next day, morning practice is just finishing up.

Nobuo-sensei has a funny feeling in the pit of his stomach. He’s used to seeing his two students, Mao and Takahiko, laughing and joking around, but today they’ve been whispering to each other on the other end of the rink and exchanging secretive glances. He’s not sure what it all means, but it’s definitely making him uneasy. “What was it Kumiko was saying the other day about ‘being young’..?” he thinks to himself.

The clock chimes and Mao and Taka-chan rush to get off the ice and disappear together. “Now what are those two up to?”

Unable to shake that funny feeling, Nobuo-sensei decides to go out and get some fresh air. As he gets close to the exit, however, he overhears two women talking.

“—don’t tell Nobuo-sensei.” Nobuo-sensei stops in his tracks and listens hard. It’s Mao’s mother talking to his wife, but since they’re around the corner, he can only hear parts of their conversation.

“Mao and Taka-chan…uh-huh…together….all night…”

Nobuo-sensei’s jaw drops and his face drains of color as he suddenly realizes what they’re talking about. “Kumiko is always talking about how cute Mao and Takahiko are together…(gulp)…don’t tell me…that they spent the night together??!!”

Nobuo-sensei is having a hard time breathing. Half in a daze, he turns around and heads toward the break room instead. The door is closed, but he can hear voices inside. He goes up close to the door and listens.

“Over here.”
“Ok.”

It’s Mao and Takahiko! Nobuo-sensei listens harder. He hears some rustling of…(gulp) clothes?!

“Shh, Taka-chan! They’ll hear us.”
“Don’t worry Mao.”
“Ouch!”

Nobuo-sensei can’t take it anymore. He gathers up his courage and throws the door open, imagining the worst.

But to his immense surprise, Mao and Takahiko are standing there, lighting candles on a cake. For a moment, they all stare at each other, shocked.

Then Mao recovers, and stammers, “Surprise! Happy birthday Nobuo-sensei!”
“Yeah, Happy birthday sensei!” Taka echoes.
“Taka-chan and I baked this cake ourselves! It took us all night!”

Realization hits Nobuo-sensei like a wave. “So THAT’s what Kyoko-san was talking about.” Suddenly tears of relief are streaming down his face.

“Uh, are you okay, Sensei?” Mao asks.
“It’s just a cake…you don’t have to cry or anything like that.” Taka gives him a puzzled look.

Kumiko-sensei walks in. “Did I miss the surprise? Oh my, dear, what happened to your face?”

“Oh no, it’s nothing.” Nobuo-sensei wipes away the tears and smiles. “Just an old man being very silly.”
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:00 am

LOL!!! "All-night", "rustling of clothes" hahaha that was great!

Oh imagine if that really happened, I can just imagine Coach Sato's face hehehe!

Thanks again Batsuchan!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:59 pm

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Oh, poor Coach Sato! (And flour can be very messy, yes!)

Bravo Batsuchan! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas present to you all :)   My Christmas present to you all :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Christmas present to you all :)
Page 1 of 1