Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

Go down 
+72
polly10
sofia
goldmao
jirachiness
ClairDeMao
bibi
ashcroft1086
COHK
Lelya
Cloviece
Alokya
shar
maofan93
chapis
zarinaballerina
itcaip
icetea
Spacey
will_power
Mao_Asada_sunrise
fefe_sky
Luckyone
dlnnyc
FatiniAdlina
Hotaru
kitty
babayaga
sarahjoanne419
Ken Himura
Rachel
bellarina
Afsfan
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
Yunamao
i♥MAO
supportmaoasada
snowdrops24
iceskatingfan
illani
sapphiresky
KariDebate
europeanfan
jkblues
ericacsy
Lee
periperi
alyssa
apple4me
swan
josling
linglang
Mirai
dawnsherearequiet
Lady_in_black
clovera
aoi88
roma
PochinkoPotanko
kawaiimao
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
Haidogirl
Canness
ddmm
polosatik
chiyori
Dani-Chan
ElleluvsL
klarification
maowataiyo
Okami
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
polly10

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am

congrats to miki, yuna and carolk.

miki was the most consistent skater this season. i guess whoever wins 4cc in ladies single will win gold at worlds. coincidence? so sad about team usa for not getting 3 spots. strange... rachel is the most consistent us lady skater and yet alissa delivered. happy for yuna for getting silver. 1 year out from the competition and still managed to fight towards the end. by the way she cried not because of her silver finish, she was thinking about the hardships(off the ice drama) and she felt it in the podium. no regrets she said. im happy for carolk's performance. i think that was her best lp performance for this year.

so sad for mao.. but she's a fighter. she will bounce back next year!
Back to top Go down
nrohhcnerf

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am

2nd post ever!

I have been a fan of mao for a very very long time. since the 'over the rainbow' period. however, i stopped watching figure skating after 2008 and only started again for the 2010 olympics. thats where i remembered why i loved mao as she had the fighter in her!

anyway, regardless of the results today. I am glad that the season is over for mao and now she can have her break and after she's happy go back to figure skating and polish up her new technique with mr sato and prove shin amano wrong!

even though i love her LP this year, i would really want to see new programs for her. signifies a brand new start!
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Please dont be so rude about Yuna, its not her fault that the judges gave her so many points! And i think she wasnt crying from disappointment about the Silver medal, but disappointed cause she couldnt show the best performance, that was meant to honour her country! I guess so at least~

ALso it was her first event of the season, so i think it was pretty good though! Mao on her first event wasnt to mention either!

Btw, are there some pics of the nw champion already?

yeah right...in my opinion it's not good in any way that judges favor Yu Na so much because in the end it doesn't help her at all...she'll always have to listen to people telling her she won because the judges love her...and she didn't look happy last year as well, were she won silver with an even worse performance... I mean how can you motivate yourself when you win medals even with a so so performance... Somehow i pity Yu Na a bit..but only a bit for that...
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 am

Who choreographed Taka-chan's LP this year? Yuka? I thought it was simply a masterpiece and a style I could totally see Mao use. And I love the music! Cloud 9 It's Liszt again, but it has some very nice swells and strong as well as softer moments, something Mao has not used a lot since 2007-08. It's also a lot more mature than Liebestraum... Don't get me wrong, I loved that program, it was beautiful and suited Mao to a T, but it was a little expected, something she'd already donce before. I like what Lori has done for Mao (Nocturne, So Deep is the Night, Fantaisie Impromptue, Clair de lune and now this), but I feel she always uses the same formula of soft lyrical music, soft gentle movements all throught the program. Mao can do more than that. She can be powerful (Bells), flirty and fun (Caprices, Carmen, Por Una Cabeza, Masquarade SP), dramatic (Fantasia and Masquarade)... there's a lot more to her than softness and gentleness. I feel she sometimes looked less convincing in some programs because she was concentrating too hard on the jumps, which were beginning to fail her. Once she regains confidence, she will be able to pull off every kind of music she wants. She just needs to put her heart into it!

Anyway, I do hope Mao expends her horizons a little and works with other choreographers... It will be good for her.

Last edited by chiyori on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:20 am

I agree with the poster above about her ice coverage. After watching her LP a few more times, I think she reason she popped the 3S was because she got too close to the boards because of the added speed in that section.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 am

I almost thought I'd be finished with this sport once and for all today...But with Miki having our anthem played in Moscow, guess I have no choice but to go on rooting for our skaters, and hoping that there will never be a competition which would raise conspiracy theories on the judgings ever.

Congrats, Miki! Her winning after all these years of accidents and shoulder problems really made me proud of her. But I think that we owe part of her victory to Leonova and the Russian audience this time. I thouhgt she performed the best tonight, and the audience forced the judges into giving her good scores by showing their appreciation. It was unfortunate for Yuna to have to skate after that, and the top secret mystery FP didn't seem all that great or unique to non-Yuna fans IMO. Yuna has far better skills than Leonova, that's obvious. But Leonova had more power, more guts and an honest true smile which really made me cheer for her along with the audience. She had everything which makes people want to root for athletes tonight, and proved that it's not just skills and reputation which moves the audience. So, I think the judges had to give her good scores, and they were also unable to give Yuna too much of an OGM boost with those mistakes, compared to a clean Leonova. I really think that's one of the reasons why Miki won tonight. If Leonova didn't perform as good as she did today, I'm sure they would've given Yuna higher scores so she'd definitely beat Yuna. I feel that Leonova, a skater who's had her reputation going down the hill the past few years created a miracle tonight, which made a big difference in the results. Personally, I think she deserves a medal as much as Miki. Smile

As for Mao, I'm a bit worried because in the Japanese broadcast, they said that she was having difficulty eating the past few days. Although she performed a bit better than yesterday, she wasn't really into the music and seemed to have lost focus in some parts to me, and since I've never seen her like that, I think there might be a mental problem behind her conditions this time...but there's been no proper news concerning this, so it may be nothing. I hope it's nothing. No

And I might be amongst the minority here, but I'd prefer Mao not to keep her FP. I think she should start next season refreshed with totally different pros and much better costumes. Plus I'd like it if she'd hire some different choreographers instead of Tat nor Lori. Tat, I still admire very much, but I think she's simply running out of new ideas. While Lori will always be Lori, and although I like her sense of artistry, she's not really just a choreographer now but more of a coach for you know who. I feel uneasy that someone in her position now will still keep on making pros for Mao. If some people still think Lori is the best choreographer for Mao, she might as well hire her for coach as well, so Lori can always 'leave a good word' about her to the judges which might lead to Mao becoming their favorites once again. Rolling Eyes

But we all know that's not the way Mao would want to win anything, don't we?

Anyway, her time will come again. Maybe not until a few years later, but Miki had her ups and downs and still came back to the top this season. If Miki can, Mao can too. Miki's victory gave hope to everyone. Everyone in Japan thought her peak had ended long ago, but she proved to us that nobody can ever tell for sure that a skater is finished, and that there is no skater unbeatable how ever much the judges treat them special. Yep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 am

aoi88 wrote:
I don't think the pressures and difficulties of Mao and Yuna are very similar. Yuna took a long extended break from competition. I guess that does add to pressure but it's of her own choice. And I really don't see what's so incredible about it. I mean Michelle was the pioneer of that strategy and did it much better than her. Wink Although, even the Kween wasn't as priviledged as Miss Kim to skip Nationals. As for her relocation and split from her coach. That's also of her own doing.
Mao had a much rougher season. She didn't take any rest. And then when she was finally recovering her form, a natural disaster happened in her home country. Mao had to deal with things that were just out of her control. IMO. There's no way their situations can be compared.

ITA aoi88! Who knows what else Mao is dealing with.

I'm not sad for Mao's placement because she has fought and did everything that she could. Her performance today was still beautiful and she persevered through it. It seemed like something was wrong though. Either she doesn't have the strength (loss in muscle mass due to the weight loss) or she has an injury, or a combination of both.
Knowing Mao, she'll never tell us, but I wish she would! I really hope that she is okay and is able to recover. Take a long rest Mao, you deserve it!!!
I want to give her a big hug for all she's done this season! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 am

Haidogirl, we are not being rude to Yuna!
Being rude is like - creating a video of her crying and tagging down somewhere 'what a sore loser!' - Just like Yuna fans did when Mao shed tears after her performance after the Olympics...
I tried my very best to explain that Mao cried because she could not do her best! It was because she wanted to perform and could not - that she was disappointed about her performance not about her position...
But guess what - No one really cared!

I know doing the same with Yuna won't really solve anything -
But don't I just find it a bit ironic?! Like how Mao crying was held by the whole world as a claim that she was upset about not winning gold - But now when Yuna cried - It was because she was disappointed about her performance or she was stressed/tired!
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 am

nrohhcnerf wrote:
2nd post ever!

I have been a fan of mao for a very very long time. since the 'over the rainbow' period. however, i stopped watching figure skating after 2008 and only started again for the 2010 olympics. thats where i remembered why i loved mao as she had the fighter in her!

anyway, regardless of the results today. I am glad that the season is over for mao and now she can have her break and after she's happy go back to figure skating and polish up her new technique with mr sato and prove shin amano wrong!

even though i love her LP this year, i would really want to see new programs for her. signifies a brand new start!

Welcome nrohhcnerf!! flower cheers

Mao, thank you for skating. Love Your performances always tell a story, beyond the technical elements and music interpretation, a story of your dedication, courage and passion for the sport.
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 am

periperi wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Lee wrote:
But did anyone notice that her leg was acting weird? I swear there was some part in the choreo
where she she should lift her leg but she swiftly changes it into another move. I hope she's not injured...

I noticed at the beginning of the footwork... her right leg seemed a bit weird and since she does hal her step sequence solely on that leg... her knee wobbled a bit on the first move too

I noticed that too, but I didn't really give it much thought. I hope she's not injured. Although, it does it bring up something that had been bothering me but seemed to disappear as soon as it was brought up. Wasn't Mao suffering from leg pain when landing her jumps earlier in the season? She was very quiet about it and was reassuring during the interview that it wasn't anything serious, I believe. Knowing how quiet she is with this stuff it's a bit worrying.

i remember her saying in one interview that almonds (?) are good for muscular pain but that's about it. i thought it was because she was reworking her jumps and i guess using her leg muscles in a different way, thus the pain. i'm worried too, of course. i've noticed for a long time that mao is really thin. last season, wikipedia had her weight at 47 kilos but i always doubted that because she looked much too willowy. the thing is, mao's body is really different. Her shoulders are angular and broad (in a nice way) but her torso is small not wide; her knees are small too and notice how her legs never really had that muscular bulk (even after all the 3A training). even her face is really small and her jawline isn't prominent. all these make mao the delicate skater that she is and i never really thought there was a problem with her weight or that she was not healthy.

but all this talk about anorexia and her having to eat more is upsetting me. some people in other forums seem to think she is starving herself. that's just so false. mao has shown this season that she can make wise decisions about her career (i.e., looking for a new coach and reworking her jumps despite the sacrifices that would bring) and respond to drama in a graceful way (i.e., the ORser issue before the season started). that should also tell us that she can make good decisions about her diet and health too.

congrats to miki! and congrats mao because it wasn't a bad season at all. and thanks everyone for a great season!!! (psssst....has anyone seen inskate?) and polosatik i'm so sorry, i've always thought you were a boy. shocked to learn you're a girl..i really was! Smile Razz Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:29 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
Being rude is like - creating a video of her crying and tagging down somewhere 'what a sore loser!' - Just like Yuna fans did when Mao shed tears after her performance after the Olympics...
I tried my very best to explain that Mao cried because she could not do her best! It was because she wanted to perform and could not - that she was disappointed about her performance not about her position...

But don't I just find it a bit ironic?! Like how Mao crying was held by the whole world as a claim that she was upset about not winning gold - But now when Yuna cried - It was because she was disappointed about her performance or she was stressed/tired!

I didnt know about thi video!
I saw the original of that video once and it broke my heart, then i never watched it again Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 am

Well, I'm really glad this season is over! I hope Mao comes back stronger next season and have two great programs. Very Happy

I guess we can conclude that the natural disasters left a considerable impact on the skaters who trained in Japan. Dai, Mao, and Kanako were all somehow affected. Yep, Sadly Taka is the exception but I think competing in the prelims helped him a bit. I'm happy that he and Miki medaled because I know their performances will encourage people in Japan.

Now for some not so good observations:

-- The scoring gets more ridiculous with each year.
--- Mao's PCS has me concerned (She needs to become more consistent from now on)
--- Things are only going to get tougher from here. I sense the growing threat of the Russian skaters and Mao's ongoing battle with Shin
Amano.
--- I'm worried about Kanako's future. I am afraid with Amano around, she'll become less and less confident about her 3-3
combos. Yep, Sadly
--- I'm afraid Sato needs to rethink about her SP layout. I don't think the 3A in the SP is helping her at all, at least not with Amano
around. I think a 3-3 combo is a better choice, because a UR combo is still worth more than a downgraded 3A. Also, I think it will help
her in the performance aspect because the 3A takes too much of her effort in the short.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

Shin Amano is so biased! Mao's jumps shouldn't be << like they were. And he did it to Kanako again. Maybe the Japanese federation should stop sending the ladies at the competitions where Amano is the Technical Specialist as a protest. Really mad about Kanako's < on her combo. It was soo unfair! He just destroyed this young girl's debut at world.
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am

it's somewhat like a bad joke that a japanese "technical specialist" is such a huge threat to the japanese team xP
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am

I share the same views as you Lady_in_black!
Its such a pity!
Frankly - Shin Amano! -_-
Something must be done...
Can't the JSF do anything about him? I mean a formal protest or something?
The SP was a scandal btw!...
Frankly - DG Kanako's 3-3 but not Kostner's jump! Neutral

Haidogirl pale
Sorry - I did not know that you were unaware of those videos which exist on YT!
One is even worse with Mao in tears and a long laugh which follows...
We could also go on - and do one for Yuna like that!
But I won't and I know no one here will!
It does struck me to turn to those blockheads with whom I was defending Mao and say -
my my how the tables have turned?
They called 'me defending mao's tears' as pathetic - Won't they be doing the same when Yuna tears vids will hit YT!
I just have horrible experiences from those days...Sad

Last edited by MaoChan756 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 am

MaoChan756 wrote:

I dont't think we are being rude. I don't feel anything for Yuna. Silver is OK. I feel more for skaters who are not judges' favorites and are always underscored.

But let me say that I bet the one laughing right now is no other than Orser.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:40 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
As for Mao, I'm a bit worried because in the Japanese broadcast, they said that she was having difficulty eating the past few days.

Thanks for the info Pochi. I'm a little bit relieved now because it seems Mao having difficulty eating since she came to Russia. It may not be due to the earthquake and tsunami. I though if Mao lost appetite because of psychological reasons it would be very difficult for her to overcome it. I now think Mao might have eaten something wrong. Or Weider team and Mao failed re-peaking for the competition. In an Weider video, her coach talked about difficulty of re-peaking.

Mao is not going to skate at gala, is she?

I hope Mao will get better soon and start eating a lot again.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFfrY3sJYQ&feature=channel_video_title

Alissa's FS. It was a good performance but she skated really slow. Neutral I don't know I would had Mao higher in PCS.

ETA: Glad to hear your thoughts, Pochi. Btw, I sent you a new PM. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 am

I'm just glad this is over already and that Mao fought for it despite the condition she is in. I hope she gets a lot of rest and to eat a lot. Reading about her physical state and her not eating well makes me so alarmed. After all, Mao loves to eat and is probably equal to her love of skating and her dogs. I do hope she takes a well deserved rest. But then they're going to have a skate for Japan next week, right? Oh dear...

We most likely won't see her skate in the exhibition but I think it's for the better... let her rest.

Congratulations to Miki!!! She deserved this title this season. She should've won the SP, too. I'm so glad Japan got gold and silver.

Too bad about Kanako's 3-3s, Mao's jump DGs and low PCS. It's ok if it's consistent throughout all the competitors but there's just so much bias going on. A popped flip from Yuna got a +1 from a judge while a popped salchow from Mao got a -1? Really... This Worlds is crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polly10

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 am

ddmm wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:

I dont't think we are being rude. I don't feel anything for Yuna. Silver is OK. I feel more for skaters who are not judges' favorites and are always underscored.

why would orser laugh? his skaters didn't even make an impression this season. he was yuna's coach last year and she didn't win gold. yuna still managed to get to the podium without him.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

If Mao really lost 5kg, she must have started to loose them since she was in Japan. I bet she weights herself everyday and Weider should have known about her weight loss. So I wonder if they did something about it like make her eat more or something.

I read somewhere that Mao is doing a charity show in May. Poor Mao, she has shows, commercials coming and then has to start her new programs. Can anyone make her take vacations ?
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

ddmm wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 am

You know, I'm changing my mind a bit. As much as I love her LP this season, it would be nice to see her skate to something more powerful and creative now that she has more speed. Personally, I would be over the moon if she heard the pleas of this forum and skated to something from Hisaishi!

As for the weight loss, I wouldn't dwell on it. At first I was worried because I had horrid thoughts of her pulling an Alexei when he went on a ridiculous diet and lost tons of weight to prepare for a significant competition (the Olympics) only to have disastrous results at the beginning of the season. I thought about Akiko too and her problems with her eating disorder. My thoughts also went to a person who has a dear friend involved in skating who is going through an eating disorder of his own right now. We had a chat about this problem being common in FS, and I couldn't help but be worried when I saw Mao at Worlds. But from Mr. Sato's comments, I have a feeling that this is more of an emotional thing resulting from the disaster in her home country. Of course I'm not Mao, so I can't know what's going on with her right now, but I have a great feeling that we'll see a much healthier Mao next season in Mr. Sato and Mrs. Sato's hands. She's got a great support system.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:56 am

I hope Mao gets a lot of rest and return to the foodie that she is. I'm so proud of what she's accomplished this season. flower But boy, I am w/Roma and so glad this season's over- my heart can't take much more. I am so freakin livid w/Shin Amano. I don't get why he's so severe to some and not to others.

And why do they always overlook Yuna's lip?!
World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 11294808

They've been doing this for too long- it's frustrating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aDxPlR2PQ (3:56)
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

I took screen shots of Mao's 3A and 3T landings that prove the << calls were unfair.
Here's the Axel:
World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Screenshot2011-04-30at114646AM
You can clearly see this was under-rotated 1/4 turn.
Here's the Toe:
World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Screenshot2011-04-30at114819AM
It's a little fuzzy, but this is also at the 1/4 mark. Remember a < is 1/4 to 1/2, while a << is 1/2 +. The axel yesterday was landed forward, so I can agree with the << in the SP, but these << in the FS are rediculous. The two-footing on the toe came AFTER she landed it while checking out. If you look closely, you can see this in real time WITHOUT slomo.

The judges even recognized the << calls as BS on the axel - some even gave her 0s! Also, the e on the lutz could've gone either way - had anyone else executed the same exact jump, there is no doubt in my mind they would've gotten credit for an outside edge. It is these double standards that make me so angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next