Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

Go down 
+72
polly10
sofia
goldmao
jirachiness
ClairDeMao
bibi
ashcroft1086
COHK
Lelya
Cloviece
Alokya
shar
maofan93
chapis
zarinaballerina
itcaip
icetea
Spacey
will_power
Mao_Asada_sunrise
fefe_sky
Luckyone
dlnnyc
FatiniAdlina
Hotaru
kitty
babayaga
sarahjoanne419
Ken Himura
Rachel
bellarina
Afsfan
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
Yunamao
i♥MAO
supportmaoasada
snowdrops24
iceskatingfan
illani
sapphiresky
KariDebate
europeanfan
jkblues
ericacsy
Lee
periperi
alyssa
apple4me
swan
josling
linglang
Mirai
dawnsherearequiet
Lady_in_black
clovera
aoi88
roma
PochinkoPotanko
kawaiimao
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
Haidogirl
Canness
ddmm
polosatik
chiyori
Dani-Chan
ElleluvsL
klarification
maowataiyo
Okami
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 am

maowataiyo wrote:
I hope Mao gets a lot of rest and return to the foodie that she is. I'm so proud of what she's accomplished this season. flower But boy, I am w/Roma and so glad this season's over- my heart can't take much more. I am so freakin livid w/Shin Amano. I don't get why he's so severe to some and not to others.

And why do they always overlook Yuna's lip?!
World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 11294808

They've been doing this for too long- it's frustrating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aDxPlR2PQ (3:56)
THANK YOU! I've stopped mentioning it to anyone because it has always resulted in indignant replies with myself being meshed in as some Yuna hater (mind, not on this forum). I honestly felt I must be alone in thinking this, but thank you for having the courage that I haven't had to bring it up, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:04 am

The quite mediocre skater Shin Amano, if he could, he probably would have given to Mao's 3A, 3A<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<. He's frustrated that he, as a male skater, couldn't land the hard jumps. There's no other explanation for that. I still don't know why is he doing this mainly to Japanese skaters
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:04 am

periperi wrote:
You know, I'm changing my mind a bit. As much as I love her LP this season, it would be nice to see her skate to something more powerful and creative now that she has more speed. Personally, I would be over the moon if she heard the pleas of this forum and skated to something from Hisaishi!

Sato sensei also says Mao needs to skate more powerfully. I bet he will train Mao to gain more power and speed. (I know I don't have to repeat so many times, but I cannot resist. Mao skates much much faster and smoother!!!) If she chooses a powerful program to stake to in coming seasons, I hope she asks Kenji Miyamoto to choreograph and never ever go to TAT for competitive programs.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:06 am

Not a problem, periperi. I was so annoyed about the scoring and Shin Amano- I just had to. Mad

And who gave a +1 to Yuna's 1F!! I want names, damnit.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/wc2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
Hitomi

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:11 am

Maybe Mao has a relative, friend or a fan that used to write to her from the affected area and they are unaccounted for Sad who knows... she is the sensitive type and could still be sad about what happened in Japan.

About her eating , she is always too skinny this always worries me. I think I heard in a interview she was drinking milk of magnesia ? I am not sure ... I hope she is fine and eats properly and doesnt have any eating disorder.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Miki won gold! and Takahiko silver! Cheering
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 am

YES PLEASE MAO, GET AWAY FROM TAT CHOREOGRAPHY AND COSTUME DESIGNS. (And I say this with all due respect to TAT and I gave my condolences to her family tragedy). However, it has already been proven so many times that TAT competitive programs just don't work. Yes, we may never change the mind of Mr. Amano. clown But choreography is something that can be changed. If Mao comes back with programs that wow the audience, I think it can work in her favor with the judges. I don't know how much it will help her scores but it certainly won't hurt.

Last edited by aoi88 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 am

chiyori wrote:
Who choreographed Taka-chan's LP this year? Yuka? I thought it was simply a masterpiece and a style I could totally see Mao use. And I love the music! Cloud 9 It's Liszt again, but it has some very nice swells and strong as well as softer moments, something Mao has not used a lot since 2007-08. It's also a lot more mature than Liebestraum... Don't get me wrong, I loved that program, it was beautiful and suited Mao to a T, but it was a little expected, something she'd already donce before. I like what Lori has done for Mao (Nocturne, So Deep is the Night, Fantaisie Impromptue, Clair de lune and now this), but I feel she always uses the same formula of soft lyrical music, soft gentle movements all throught the program. Mao can do more than that. She can be powerful (Bells), flirty and fun (Caprices, Carmen, Por Una Cabeza, Masquarade SP), dramatic (Fantasia and Masquarade)... there's a lot more to her than softness and gentleness. I feel she sometimes looked less convincing in some programs because she was concentrating too hard on the jumps, which were beginning to fail her. Once she regains confidence, she will be able to pull off every kind of music she wants. She just needs to put her heart into it!

Anyway, I do hope Mao expends her horizons a little and works with other choreographers... It will be good for her.

marina zueva choreographed taka's LP this year... she is david white, virtue & moir and the shibutani's coach.. or one of. she choreographs their programs and as you can see is very successful in both coaching as well as choreography. she used to choreograph gordeeva and grinkov's programs as well. YES, she would do well with mao i think... and i too loved taka's LP. while Liebestraum was lovely and lyrical which plays into mao's natural gifts, i feel it made her look too fragile esp with her slight build and it doesnt convey power or strength. i feel it makes mao look even slower than she is. the music is soo dreamy there is no dynamism. one thing that i think would improve mao's programs is to have a program that has diff. tempos or moods... it would create a more rich and varied program to watch and to see diff. sides to her.
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

I have a lot of catching up to do... I wasn't able to watch the final 2 groups because I fell asleep.

So far, I have only watched Mao and Kanako skate... they were totally robbed AGAIN with these calls. I don't think Mao's 3A or 3T deserved a full downgrade, just under-rotated. Mao's PCS was way too low!! I hope they both come back strong next season!

I also agree with you guys about Mao's choreography... I also feel that she needs to work with someone different for a change.
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

seriously does anyone know any channels that broadcast ice dance?....doesn't matter which country
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 am

Why judges are anonymous? If there is a judge who give +1 to a popped jump, is he/she held accountable at judges meeting? Is he/she checked if he/she understood the rules properly or just hit a wrong button?

Is it kept anonymous only to the audience? Who judged what is known to the appropriate people? I wonder how they improve the quality of judges under anonymous system.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 am

does anyone have an interview with mao after worlds???
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:21 am

aoi88 wrote:
--- I'm afraid Sato needs to rethink about her SP layout. I don't think the 3A in the SP is helping her at all, at least not with Amano
around. I think a 3-3 combo is a better choice, because a UR combo is still worth more than a downgraded 3A. Also, I think it will help
her in the performance aspect because the 3A takes too much of her effort in the short.
I'm genuinely confused by this idea to be honest, and I've been seeing this suggestion a lot lately elsewhere as well. It's not about the score differential between a 3-3 and a 3A that needs to be addressed since the two fulfill different jump requirements in the SP. At least in the SP, a 3A will *always* have a higher payout than a 3-3, because a 3A will be in place of a 2A (if rotated, a 5.2 point boost; if UR'ed, 2.7). The point difference between a 3-3 vs. a 3-2 on the other hand, are:

3+3T vs. 3+2T (2.7 BV advantage if fully rotated, 1.5 if the 3T is UR'ed)
3+3Lo vs 3+2Lo (3.3 BV advantage if fully rotated, 1.8 if the 3Lo is UR'ed)

Since Amano is being mentioned, I will like to point out that he's just as likely of UR'ing or DG'ed a +3 regardless of whether it's a +3T or a +3Lo (see: Kanako's 3T-3T or Mao's 2A-3T). If Mao can work her 3+3s back to the ease and consistency she had on them during 05~early 08 then I can support this notion, but until then, the current SP jump layout is fine the way it is. The same goes for the FS. Well, from my point of view anyway. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 am

aoi88 wrote:
YES PLEASE MAO, GET AWAY FROM TAT CHOREOGRAPHY AND COSTUME DESIGNS. (And I say this with all due respect to TAT and I gave my condolences to her family tragedy). However, it has already been proven so many times that TAT competitive programs just don't work. Yes, we may never change the mind of Mr. Amano. clown But choreography is something that can be changed. If Mao comes back with programs that wow the audience, I think it can work in her favor with the judges. I don't know how much it will help her scores but it certainly won't hurt.

Same here. I didn't mean to be rude to TAT.
I do love "Por una cabeza" and "Ballade #1" They are my most favorite EX programs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 am

Hi everyone! I am Mao fan.

I love Mao so much. Her skating is most beautiful. She will come back stronger next season.
Yes Yuna Kim always don't get wrong edge on flip and lots of points that I don't know why.

Miki is also strong skater. Congratulations for her gold medal.

-------

http://www.maoasadaforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40