Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

Go down 
+49
kitty
roma
Star85
BowbowDaijin
polosatik
Cloviece
linglang
Luckyone
sapphiresky
Okami
klarification
chapis
jkblues
snowdrops24
tianrushui
periperi
europeanfan
ClairDeMao
Haidogirl
Lelya
supportmaoasada
KariDebate
skfan
ElleluvsL
tilitom
babayaga
alyssa
kaarolcia
illani
maofan93
shar
swan
PochinkoPotanko
bibi
apple4me
clovera
chiyori
bellarina
zarinaballerina
Rose
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Yunamao
Spacey
maowataiyo
MaoChan756
ballerinamao
Rachel
FatiniAdlina
aoi88
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
this is a bit off topic but could someone tell me what Mao mistakes where at 2011 worlds i really don't understand why her scores where so low, i know that she did a few downgrades but does anyone tell e what exactly her mistakes were? i really am very curious to know what want wrong cause i never get to see Mao's protocol from worlds 2011..

I was actually frustrated with the outcome because I don't think she deserves the low scores. First of all, when Kim Yu-na singled a triple jump, one of the judges gave her a +1 GOE. That's ridiculous and doesn't make sense. With Mao, they totally downgraded her twice! TWICE! That's absurd! Until now, I don't understand the scores!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 am

[quote="Mao_Asada_sunrise"][quote="ballerinamao"]this is a bit off topic but could someone tell me what Mao mistakes where at 2011 worlds i really don't understand why her scores where so low, i know that she did a few downgrades but does anyone tell e what exactly her mistakes were? i really am very curious to know what want wrong cause i never get to see Mao's protocol from worlds 2011..[/quote]

I was actually frustrated with the outcome because I don't think she deserves the low scores. First of all, when Kim Yu-na singled a triple jump, one of the judges gave her a +1 GOE. That's ridiculous and doesn't make sense. With Mao, they totally downgraded her twice! TWICE! That's absurd! Until now, I don't understand the scores! [/quote]

I agree i still can't believe or understand why mao got such a low score, i mean kim singled a jump and messed up a spin if i remember right and carolina did also mess up a bit so no one except miki where clean but why where mao's mistakes punished so severe. I think it might be because of how her season has been in general and the pcs scores that she received at the gp last year that also may have effected her scores i don't know but i saw mao miss one jump and her axel in the sp looked underrotated but her axel in the free looked fine to me so how she get those downgrades is still a mystery to me, i have looked at the both mao's sp and fs at worlds and her flip looked also fine but not only did it get under-rotated but downgraded that is ridicules, cause in the replay mao did all three rotation so no matter what it could in worst case only be slightly underrotatet, and her mistakes where not that severe compared the others cause everyone made mistakes... i feel like i am going crazy how did this happen to mao, and the one who cheked the technical content must have been drunk or full hate and jalousy??? Suspect No
it really is frustrating me not only the technical score and calls but also the pcs score was way too low compared two what mao usuelly gets it was reallyy like every judgement in that competition was bizarre...

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:57 am

In my opinion both Mao and Kanako got screwed up by the judges. Kanako got downgrade on 3T-3T in both programs (which is a joke), to me Mao's 3A looked fine in the long program and yet she still got it downgraded. Sometimes I think Amano has a personal agenda against Mao or something.
The whole scoring at world's was a joke. Yuna got +1 for a botched jump (from one judge) in both programs; step out on 3 lutz in the short and she singled the flip in the long. Apparently the single flip was so good that one genious thought it deserves +1 GOE. I know judges love her, but this is starting to get ridiculous. She made quite a few mistakes in the free and she still almost won the whole thing. Of course her fans thought she was robbed.
And I will NEVER understand how on earth does Yuna get the same scores for her spins as Alisa. Are judges blind?! The position, speed, extention that alisa gets is far superior from Yuna's.
As for Mao and PCS. I think the bad grand prix season really hurt Mao's reputation and it was also clear that the judges didn't want two japanese skaters on the podium.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
In my opinion both Mao and Kanako got screwed up by the judges. Kanako got downgrade on 3T-3T in both programs (which is a joke), to me Mao's 3A looked fine in the long program and yet she still got it downgraded. Sometimes I think Amano has a personal agenda against Mao or something.
The whole scoring at world's was a joke. Yuna got +1 for a botched jump (from one judge) in both programs; step out on 3 lutz in the short and she singled the flip in the long. Apparently the single flip was so good that one genious thought it deserves +1 GOE. I know judges love her, but this is starting to get ridiculous. She made quite a few mistakes in the free and she still almost won the whole thing. Of course her fans thought she was robbed.
And I will NEVER understand how on earth does Yuna get the same scores for her spins as Alisa. Are judges blind?! The position, speed, extention that alisa gets is far superior from Yuna's.
As for Mao and PCS. I think the bad grand prix season really hurt Mao's reputation and it was also clear that the judges didn't want two japanese skaters on the podium.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/wc2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/wc2011_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

I think most of skaters got screwed up by the judges. I remembered that Alissa was sort of surprised when she saw her own scores~ of course the bad surprise not good one. All the things about Yuna and Patrick are going ridiculous. Yuna was good when she was focus on skating but to tell the truth, she was not that good for 2011 worlds. I saw some comments that ppl thought Yuna should win over Miki for FP, but I don't think so. Miki earned every single point by her base point of TES not GOE or PCS. Miki planted five jumps at second half, and she won that by strategy and her guts. I'd rather let someone works really hard win than someone just loved by judges without any reason.

Same for Patrick, he got great skills and I think his SP is good. but did he deserve so many GOE and PCS? Especially he screwed up his 3A for FP, but he still got 10 for skating skills. Taka skated clean but the best score for his skating skills is 8.5 or I still need to thank God that at least he got something over 8?

For Mao of 2011 worlds, I accept that she was a little bit weak and you can see her lose too much weight and that really damaged her. Her speed was slower and and the flow was not as good as 4cc. But all her PCS components are lower than 8, that is really pale
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/wc2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/wc2011_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

I think most of skaters got screwed up by the judges. I remembered that Alissa was sort of surprised when she saw her own scores~ of course the bad surprise not good one. All the things about Yuna and Patrick are going ridiculous. Yuna was good when she was focus on skating but to tell the truth, she was not that good for 2011 worlds. I saw some comments that ppl thought Yuna should win over Miki for FP, but I don't think so. Miki earned every single point by her base point of TES not GOE or PCS. Miki planted five jumps at second half, and she won that by strategy and her guts. I'd rather let someone works really hard win than someone just loved by judges without any reason.

Same for Patrick, he got great skills and I think his SP is good. but did he deserve so many GOE and PCS? Especially he screwed up his 3A for FP, but he still got 10 for skating skills. Taka skated clean but the best score for his skating skills is 8.5 or I still need to thank God that at least he got something over 8?

For Mao of 2011 worlds, I accept that she was a little bit weak and you can see her lose too much weight and that really damaged her. Her speed was slower and and the flow was not as good as 4cc. But all her PCS components are lower than 8, that is really pale
[/quote]

I remember when Taka skated at his first worlds, the german eurosport comentators couldn't stop gushing about his skating skills (they still do). They have also been baffled about his PCS scores for years now. If they were the judges, taka would have goten much higher scores.

i don't get the "love affair" judges seem to have with Patrick. he is good, but he doesn't deserve the high scores he gets. it doesn't matter how he jumps, the judges will award him with positive GOE.

Miki deserved the win. She may not be the most graceful skater, but on that night she was the best. And lets be honest, yuna was a shadow of her former self. i have never seen such uninspired performance from her before. To me Miki also won the short, although the judges thought othervise.

Mao's PCS have been a joke for a while now. She has the best footwork in the business, her spins and spiral are gorgeous, but like i said, i think her reputation has gotten hurt this year by her poor showing at grand prix. And in the olympic season, her programs didn't really help either. (still don't understand what TAT was thinking).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm

thaanks for the protocol the scores that mao received were a total joke and you know what i think that there where many things that has effected mao's scores over the recent years:
1. the choreography since the judges obviously don't seem to like
2. her not skating in the final group
3. shin amano's mysteries downgrades
4. Mao's scores at the GP didn't help either

it's really hard to accept how they screw mao's scores totally when she was a bit weak and made a few mistakes, which is why this competition will be one of the bizarre i will always remember...

but right now i really look forward to the new season and see Mao compete again!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

I've been frustrated with the scoring system since the 2008 GPF, where Mao scored lower in her SP than Yuna because she was downgraded and heavily penalized for a 3-3 combo which I didn't think was called correctly (it looked w/in a quarter turn). Mind you, Yuna popped the flip in her short. So essentially, a skater could miss an element and still score higher than a skater who may or may have not fully rotated a jump by the slightest with positive GOEs. And Mao barely beat Yuna in the free by only a small margin when she had 2 3As and overall higher difficuty of jumps because of Yuna's GOEs. Almost parallel to what happened in Torino Worlds with big differences in the LP where Mao didn't even fall once yet scored lower than Yuna with a fall and pop.

Same thing happened to Miki at this years worlds. She was clearly better than Yuna, but Yuna still scored higher in the SP with an obvious flub. She also barely beat Yuna in the free by only a small margin when Yuna singled two jumps. What is the point of competition where judges can decide who wins by subjectivity over what is actually done in the competition. I guess having a great first 3-3 combo is leeway for GOEs to spill into other areas of skating elements even when they are clearly undeserved. They are assigning GOEs, not judging for them.

And even with the modifications in the CoP of the allottment of GOEs for each skill and differentiation between a under rotated jump and a downgraded jump, it still wouldn't make a difference in the world if it's arbitrarily used. Like when Amano unfairly downgraded Mao's 3A at this year and last year's worlds. Evil or Very Mad

What's even more shameful is that some bots are actually delusional enough to believe that Miki's victory was because of "politiking". Strange because I only remember Speedy sitting with the Samsung president...This always bugged me, but I put out of mind. Now, I really want to ask, has there ever been another time where a sponsors name is put in front of the ISU's logo in the GPF? I've seen in individual grand prix competitions where the sponsors name headlines the competition like the "Rostelecom Cup" for Cup of Russia, but never for the final. So why was it only SBS' name that was put in front of ISU Grand Prix Figure Skating Final ® trademark? I know I may sound paranoid, but I really distrust Cinquanta.
World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Siofig10

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf0809/index.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1011/
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf0910/index.htm
http://www.isufs.org/results/gpf0708/
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf0607/
http://www.isufs.org/results/gpf0506/

Last edited by maowataiyo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:17 pm

it's fine because mao will have a fantastic season and will take over the skating world! i have a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm

I wonder what will happen to Yuna in 2012/13 season (if she stays this long) when the "russian babies" will become eligible for worlds. With olympics being in Russia, and russian fed politiking I don't see her being the judges favourite any longer. Of course i can be completely wrong.

I also wonder if skiping grand prix and 4CC will start to affect her scores. Speedy doesn't like it, when stars only show up at worlds.

I am sure this question has been asked before, but is there nothing that can be done, to prevent Amano's obvious biased judging?
I truly admire Mao for not giving up. i hope she will have an amazing season.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm

what i don't understad is that shin amano most have an assistent and he/she most have noticed him giving wrong calls!! especially the way he did to mao...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:02 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
I've been frustrated with the scoring system since the 2008 GPF, where Mao scored lower in her SP than Yuna because she was downgraded and heavily penalized for a 3-3 combo which I didn't think was called correctly (it looked w/in a quarter turn). Mind you, Yuna popped the flip in her short. So essentially, a skater could miss an element and still score higher than a skater who may or may have not fully rotated a jump by the slightest with positive GOEs. And Mao barely beat Yuna in the free by only a small margin when she had 2 3As and overall higher difficuty of jumps because of Yuna's GOEs. Almost parallel to what happened in Torino Worlds with big differences in the LP where Mao didn't even fall once yet scored lower than Yuna with a fall and pop.

It was in 2008/2009 season that all those nonsense scores started to happen, being practically all of them given to Yuna. For 2 years the best SP mark had been 71, then it suddenly went up to 76. And after almost 3 years, the best LP mark (133 something) magically went up to 150.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12