Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreams on Ice 2011

Go down 
+8
klarification
Cloviece
Eris
jkblues
Star85
chiyori
MikiAndoFan#1
Okami
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 am

Some photos:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/110624/spm1106241936001-n1.htm
http://www.jiji.com/jc/p?id=20110624214623-1019361&n=1

Reportedly Miki skated to the "Black Swan"! Thumbs up! I hope there will be some news clips available sometime soon. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 am

Miki looks absolutely stunning in that black dress! Swoon I can't wait to see the program!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

Wow! Can't wait for Miki's program either. And Kanako's arabesque looks much improved on the last photo. She used to drop her back incredibly low, and even then, her leg didn't stay very high. Seems like she did some core muscle training flower
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Miki skated as black swan?! Was it an exhibition program? Or is it one of her new programs for next season? That would be cool to have two black swan programs (Ashly is doing one), but one is definitely enough. One competitive program and one EX would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:20 am

News clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbcLWl3Z1E
You can see short clips showing Miki, Taka, Kanako, Nobunari & opening/ending.

Miki's "Black Swan" looks quite impressive! I wish they showed a bit more. Sad

Both Taka and Nobu are wearing black pants and white shirt, funny coincidence. Sweatdrop I can't recognize Taka's music, but according to his fansite Nobu is skating to "I can see clearly now", originally by Johnny Nash, performed by by Denzal Sinclaire and choreographed by Sebastien Britten. A nice song, with bery "Nobu-like" lyrics. And I'm happy he's staying with Sebastien. Smile

Does anybody know what Kanako is skating to? Smile

Star85 wrote:
Miki skated as black swan?! Was it an exhibition program? (...) One competitive program and one EX would be perfect.

According to the clip above, it's an EX. Smile

ETA: Some new photos:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110625-00000051-spnannex-spo.view-000
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110625-00000029-sanspo-spo.view-000
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110625-00000116-san-spo.view-000
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110624-00000270-sph-spo.view-000
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 am

WOW Miki llooks fenomenal with that blach dress, i hope someday we can see a dress like that for Mao.
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:40 am

Okami wrote:
Kanako skated to "Amarti Si". I guess it's her new EX. Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 am

Eris wrote:
Okami wrote:
Kanako skated to "Amarti Si". I guess it's her new EX. Smile

Thank you! flower
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 am

Okami wrote:
I can't recognize Taka's music, but according to his fansite Nobu is skating to "I can see clearly now", originally by Johnny Nash, performed by by Denzal Sinclaire and choreographed by Sebastien Britten. A nice song, with bery "Nobu-like" lyrics. And I'm happy he's staying with Sebastien. Smile

Sounds like the same Ex as last year, Free Falling by John Mayer.
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:33 pm

jkblues wrote:
WOW Miki llooks fenomenal with that blach dress, i hope someday we can see a dress like that for Mao.

Perhaps when Sochi comes around? Smile Mao's clothing has matured a bit, but Miki is on an entirely different scale. Mature, bold, and sometimes a bit risque.

Miki looks absolutely stunning in these pics. I not only love the dress, I love the makeup too.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Oooo I agree with you guys. Miki's dress IS cool!! Definitely risque, but I think it's wicked! Looks like it may have been inspired by the movie Question... Can't wait to see this program!!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Ever since Nat Portman's Black Swan, there was a renewed interest in Swan Lake. Razz

Well I've always wanted Mao to use Swan Lake's music, but if she tries the Black Swan part, she might find it difficult. (Just like in the movie LOL!)

Seeing Nobu skating makes me smile. You know, after what happened to him last season and all, I can't help but root for him. Nobu, don't go against Zayak this season okay?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 pm

klarification wrote:
Ever since Nat Portman's Black Swan, there was a renewed interest in Swan Lake. Razz

Well I've always wanted Mao to use Swan Lake's music, but if she tries the Black Swan part, she might find it difficult. (Just like in the movie LOL!)

Seeing Nobu skating makes me smile. You know, after what happened to him last season and all, I can't help but root for him. Nobu, don't go against Zayak this season okay?

I think Mao would definitely make a better white swan! Yuna would make a good black swan though. Mao is a lot like Nina. Sweet, reserved, perfectionist.... we don't want her having a mental break down trying to be perfect and trying to get the black swan character down. You know she just about would too! Although unlike Nina, Mao is not mental ... lol
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Star85 wrote:
I think Mao would definitely make a better white swan! Yuna would make a good black swan though. Mao is a lot like Nina. Sweet, reserved, perfectionist.... we don't want her having a mental break down trying to be perfect and trying to get the black swan character down. You know she just about would too! Although unlike Nina, Mao is not mental ... lol

LMAO. I almost died laughing. Yeah, it would not be good to see Mao turn into Nina's dark and disturbed 'side' by attempting the black swan. Do not want, lol.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 am

Well the movie was very strange for me...
I portrayed the soft Nina as Mao and finally she turns into Yuna - The black swan! Very Happy
Yuna would make a sumptuous black swan! I have a gut feeling her team will try to make her skate to a black swan LP!!
I'd wish Mao skates to it first - It'd then become Mao-Cult - and no one would skate to it! lol!

Mao did changed a lot while skating to bells! :O
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:35 am

Based on the news today, Miki will skip GP games for this season.
But she has prepared two EX. one is "I am a thousand winds", and "the other is the "black swan".

Kozuka prepared two EX but he is not ready to show. Based on rumors, one of EX will be choreographed by himself. His SP this year will be Jazz choreographed by David Wilson.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 am

shikure wrote:
Kozuka prepared two EX but he is not ready to show. Based on rumors, one of EX will be choreographed by himself. His SP this year will be Jazz choreographed by David Wilson.

Oh, surprising. Dai and Taka-kun will have their programs choreographed by Wilson. It seems like they're trying something new and I hope Wilson can bring out a new side of them this season.

All this talk about Swan Lake now makes me want to see Mao as the White Swan. It'll be very entertaining if Yuna played the Black Swan but you guys know what? I think Sasha would have the other skaters running bankrupt with her (entirely hypothetical) interpretation of the Black Swan. Of course she skated to Swan Lake but a section dedicated to the Black Swan would be phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 am

klarification wrote:

Oh, surprising. Dai and Taka-kun will have their programs choreographed by Wilson. It seems like they're trying something new and I hope Wilson can bring out a new side of them this season.

All this talk about Swan Lake now makes me want to see Mao as the White Swan. It'll be very entertaining if Yuna played the Black Swan but you guys know what? I think Sasha would have the other skaters running bankrupt with her (entirely hypothetical) interpretation of the Black Swan. Of course she skated to Swan Lake but a section dedicated to the Black Swan would be phenomenal.

Dai will try classic this season. Everyone tries something new is good Smile
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 am

YES! Surprised
I also believe Sasha would totally fit the Black Swan!
Sasha looks like Natalie as well! She would def act the mad crazy parts so well...Mad Drama!
She'd make a really passionate actress!
Maybe Kostner could also have a shot with an improved skate!

Someone did mentioned earlier about an ice show as Mao being the white swan - Jeffrey as the prince and Yuna being the black swan! I'd fly to see that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 am

Personally, my favourite Black Swan (from the performances I've seen so far) is Yukina Ota:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztGRQ336sI (skating starts at 1:12)
Absolutely stunning program. Swoon

I used to think Swan Lake would make for a great program for Mao, but I pretty much gave up my hope when Mai skated to it. I don't think Mao would like to skate to the same music as her sister. Now, when the music grew popular because of the movie and is likely to be chosen by many skaters, it's probably even less likely.
(Mai's program was also gorgeous, by the way, very light and musical. Sadly, I can't find it on Youtube. Sad )

Returning to the topic... I found another news clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64Iri0k8_I
Mostly about Miki (her program looks also very good!). I laughed so hard at Miki, Nobu and the other man I can't recognize (is that Kento Nakamura..?) striking a "dying swan" pose:
Dreams on Ice 2011 Dmpsw9
Laugh
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:26 am

Okami wrote:

(Mai's program was also gorgeous, by the way, very light and musical. Sadly, I can't find it on Youtube. Sad )
And I just tried to upload it, but it promptly got blocked because of the music. What the..? There are plenty of Swan Lake videos on YT. scratch
I uploaded it on mediafire for those who would like to see it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9k1p5av5skmpl8
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

DOI backstage:
�������������衣�? (�)! on Twitpic
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Ok, regarding the pic above: What the?! Lmao.

MaoChan756 wrote:
YES! Surprised
I also believe Sasha would totally fit the Black Swan!
Sasha looks like Natalie as well! She would def act the mad crazy parts so well...Mad Drama!
She'd make a really passionate actress!
Maybe Kostner could also have a shot with an improved skate!

Someone did mentioned earlier about an ice show as Mao being the white swan - Jeffrey as the prince and Yuna being the black swan! I'd fly to see that! Very Happy

Yes, Sasha would be a good black swan too, and yes, she does kind of look like Natalie. Was she supposed to be the white swan in her program?

I was the person who mentioned that. Actually, someone else on here gave me the idea, saying Mao should be white, and Yuna should be black. Then I said Jeff should be the prince (cause he always skates as the prince with Mao). But later on I got to thinking about this, and I thought, "Hey, Plushenko would SO have to be Rathbart!" ROTFLMAO If I knew how, I would make a little montage video story about this, but I don't. Maybe sometime I will do something like a did a while back with my "Magical World of Figure Skating" story with the pictures and all.... Think I should?

Okami wrote:

I used to think Swan Lake would make for a great program for Mao, but I pretty much gave up my hope when Mai skated to it. I don't think Mao would like to skate to the same music as her sister. Now, when the music grew popular because of the movie and is likely to be chosen by many skaters, it's probably even less likely.

Mai skated to it? Mai also skated to Sleeping Beauty, so I've thought the same thing about it - that that might rule it out for Mao. Well poo. Mai is taking all the good songs! Frustrated Laugh I also agree that we're gonna see a rise in swan lake programs, and that will make it less likely a choice for Mao too Sad...
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 am

Star85 wrote:
I was the person who mentioned that. Actually, someone else on here gave me the idea, saying Mao should be white, and Yuna should be black. Then I said Jeff should be the prince (cause he always skates as the prince with Mao). But later on I got to thinking about this, and I thought, "Hey, Plushenko would SO have to be Rathbart!" ROTFLMAO If I knew how, I would make a little montage video story about this, but I don't. Maybe sometime I will do something like a did a while back with my "Magical World of Figure Skating" story with the pictures and all.... Think I should?

Maybe, if you have the time. It sounds like a pretty neat idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 pm

klarification wrote:
Star85 wrote:

Maybe, if you have the time. It sounds like a pretty neat idea! Very Happy

Maybe next time the boyfriend goes fishing or something. Not only would I put myself through quite some embarrassment if I was caught doing something as nerdy as that (he knows I love figure skating, but he doesn't know just how big of a figure skating nerd) I am), but I might even piss him off that I'm wasting my time on something SO silly. I mean, if I caught him doing something like this, I would probably get a little pissed too. lol! Unless there was absolutely nothing better to do (and there's ALWAYS something that needs to be done).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams on Ice 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2011   Dreams on Ice 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams on Ice 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next