Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Empty
PostSubject: Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?   Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:00 pm

So with the "royal" sounding music Mao has been talking about for her SP music, and the royal and princess music we have been discussing, it gave me an idea for a poll question.

If had had to choose my favorite music from a play, movie, ballet, or opera it would probably be the sleeping beauty waltz, but I don't think that's my favorite character. It's pretty much impossible to chose a character you'd like to see Mao skate as without considering how much you like the music. So obviously, you'll probably want to take both the music, and the character into consideration. Maybe I should rephrase this question into which character, and character's music would you like to see Mao skate to?.... Idk

So please not only say which character you would like to see Mao skate as, but which music to go along with it if there is more than one obvious choice. For example: If you say you'd want her to skate as Cinderalla, you could say "A Dream is a wish your heart makes" or one of the songs from the Rogers and Hammerstein version, or the score from Ever After, etc. as the music.

I need to think about what I would choose for a little while... although I'm leaning heavily toward one...
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?   Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 pm

I would love for Mao to skate to the sountrack of Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa. The music scores from both films are among Hisaishi's best works. The princess I most want to see her portray is Atsuhime, because they both share a pure spirit and great inner strength. (Well all three are strong characters but Atsuhime shares the most similarities with Mao.

Princess Mononoke: main theme

Nausicaa: The Bird Person (ending theme)

Atsuhime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMD_VHervz0&feature=related (It's more dynamic than the main theme).
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?   Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Not likely to happen, but:
Character: Kaguya-hime; music: a meddley starting with Ikuko Kawai's "Sakura". Not quite sure about the 2nd part of the program yet. Drama!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?   Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 am

I think I've decided on Odete. I know, I know. Not too original. But I think Mao would make a perfect white swan. Mao has that sweet, gentle personality of the white swan, and her skating style matches the character as well. Plus, I think the story, and the music are beautifully haunting. And maybe I have a little bit of that Black Swan fever... lol Embarassed. I don't think there's much of a chance we will ever get to see Mao skate this since I hear Mai did Swan Lake, plus Shizuka did it, and now Miki's doing it... Sad. As far as which part I would want her to skate to, probably just the Ballet suite (the main music you think of when you think Swan Lake), or maybe the one Sasha used (not sure what it's called).
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?   Which character would you like to see Mao skate as? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which character would you like to see Mao skate as?
Page 1 of 1