Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2011

Go down 
+17
kitty
Haidogirl
roma
aoi88
periperi
polosatik
kaarolcia
chiyori
Alokya
Okami
Lady_in_black
zarinaballerina
☆Genie
shikure
maowataiyo
babayaga
clovera
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:52 pm

I am fine with Taka's scores, just like what periperi said he was slower than usual.
It's not normal for Taka to have UR and level 3 spin Smile He did said he just switched to new boots and in the news couple days ago, he said he has boots issue and tried to resolve that.

but some judges (or may that is the same judge) were sleeping.
when I saw Arthur's 3A3T, what happened and someone gave him -2
and so is Taka's 3Lz2T, where is -1 come from?

and P. chan fall three times and one judge rewarded him 9.25 SS?
jumps are not part of SS?

Liza was pretty good but higher PCS than Alissa?

Someone in Taiwan disscussion board saw the JO live said that when P. Chan's scores came out, the audience can't accept that but I think the reaction will be cut off during broadcasting.

The only thing made me happy is I downloaded FrOI second half and Taka's soul man ex version was in it... cheers

ETA: read someone's comments about PCS on FSU then one of the conclusion is Oda needs to have one fall to get best SS...that just made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Thank you for the YT vids Lady_in_Black & Okami!

Man, I thought Adelina was going to be Mao's main rival for Sochi, but now I'm not so sure after watching Elizaveta's LP. She is so fun to watch & tiny! She probably won't grow that tall compared to Adelina. She's still rusty in some of the spins & positions, but she has beautiful fingertips. Add a little more polish and add in the triple axel- she is going to be fierce. It's going to be really interesting to watch her & Mao's development up until Sochi.

shikure wrote:

and P. chan fall three times and one judge rewarded him 9.25 SS?
jumps are not part of SS?

Liza was pretty good but higher PCS than Alissa?

Someone in Taiwan disscussion board saw the JO live said that when P. Chan's scores came out, the audience can't accept that but I think the reaction will be cut off during broadcasting.

The only thing made me happy is I downloaded FrOI second half and Taka's soul man ex version was in it... cheers

ETA: read someone's comments about PCS on FSU then one of the conclusion is Oda needs to have one fall to get best SS...that just made me laugh.

ROTFLMAO
Sad thing is that Chan's PCS is not surprising to me. He's always gifted & held up in competitions even when he falls. Rolling Eyes

I agree that Alissa's PCS should have been highter, esp. in the interpretation mark. Alissa's PCS was 57.76 and Elizaveta's was 57.21.

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:33 am

shikure wrote:
...which isn't really surprising, seeing as how Patty managed to provoke a similar crowd reaction back at the first WTT (2nd in the FS with the highest PCS; jump content included two 2As and a fall on the only 3A he attempted). Choreographically speaking, I prefer this new program far more to the "Chantom" although I am shaking my head at Lori's decision to use Aranjuez. Geeze, Lori, you choreographed a program to this for Joannie just three seasons ago and the music is overused to begin with! Twisted Evil

Now that I've seen the videos, well, the event wasn't that disastrous. It's always nice to see Jeff and Joannie skate, and both Dai and Kozu had promising programs. Leave it to the Japanese audience to clap along to the infamous Nausicaa Requiem though. Laughing That said, I think I enjoyed Alissa and Akiko the most. chiyori mentioned it already, but Akiko's carriage and positions have made significant progress and it shows, especially on her spins.

And speaking of spin positions, I have to agree with Okami regarding what feels like an avoidance of the classic layback by the elite Russian ladies. It doesn't help that the Russian ladies with the exception of Ksenia (and others that I surely failed to mention) opt to bend their free leg instead of keeping it lifted and stretched, thus making variations like the sideways layback visually unattractive as well. I'm starting to wonder if this is a conscious decision, seeing as how practically all the wunderbabies are adopting the rather jarring catchfoot/"half-Biellman with the torso facing the ice" position as a difficult variation on their camel spin too. The bent free leg on the layback does seem to make the spin less tiring and easier to rotate...in other words, efficiency over aesthetics. Any thoughts? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 am

I uploaded Miki's LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKTuIah2i8 Smile

clovera wrote:

And speaking of spin positions, I have to agree with Okami regarding what feels like an avoidance of the classic layback by the elite Russian ladies. It doesn't help that the Russian ladies with the exception of Ksenia (and others that I surely failed to mention) opt to bend their free leg instead of keeping it lifted and stretched, thus making variations like the sideways layback visually unattractive as well. (...) The bent free leg on the layback does seem to make the spin less tiring and easier to rotate...in other words, efficiency over aesthetics. Any thoughts? cyclops

I think the ladies who do the bent leg variation try to emulate the classical position with turned out leg, but lack the strength to do so (similarly, a lot of the ladies can manage a perfectly stretched out Biellman position, but cannot manage a good arabesque without hand assist).
As for the avoidance of the classical position (which makes me sad Sad ) I think that efficiency has indeed a lot to do with it. A lot of ladies prefer to get the levels doing 8 revolutions or (rarely) accelerating, because switching the positions takes some time and in figure skating every second counts. I think that ws also the reason why Mao changed her layback last season - she had some nice positions early in the season, but kept losing levels, so she switched to the sideways-catchfoot-Biellman held for 8 revolutions variation. Which got her lvl4, but IMHO didn't look as beautiful as the layback she did during the Olympic season.

Quote :
I'm starting to wonder if this is a conscious decision, seeing as how practically all the wunderbabies are adopting the rather jarring catchfoot/"half-Biellman with the torso facing the ice" position as a difficult variation on their camel spin too.

That's another position I dislike. Disappointed Luckily, Liza already dropped it, so I hope it will go out of fashion eventually... Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:14 am

I do not like the music cut to Taka's Nausicaa LP! No They should have kept the original version, which had such emotional power.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 am

I have to go out now, but I uploaded Miki's "Black Swan" - it's still being converted, but should be available pretty soon here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSJWxxBSjo
Lovely program Encore
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:58 am

Thanks for sharing, Okami! That's indeed a lovely program from Miki. Glad to have finally seen it. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:00 am

Is Dai's new exhibition choreographed by Lambiel?

Yuzuru is just amazing. Not just the jumps, but his presence and elegance. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite skaters. Smile
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 am

Thank you all for the uploads! I was waiting for the vids so long cat

I adore Mikis dress! Its so beautiful! But whats happened to her?

Watching her skate kinda reminded me of Mao last year Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:56 am

Akiko Suzuki - Hungarian Rhapsody - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zVbJapmAJA
Can't stop watching! Dance This is a very addictive program. Smile

Haidogirl wrote:
T
I adore Mikis dress! Its so beautiful! But whats happened to her?

Watching her skate kinda reminded me of Mao last year Sad, Lonely

I think Miki's situation is a bit different. We have to consider that:
1) Since the Olympics Miki has been expressing the wish to take a season off to rest because her injuries were bothering her too much,
2) Miki withdrew from GP events citing lack of preparation,
3) Her LP was very new, IIRC she went to Novogorsk to prepare her LP just a few weeks before JO.

If she was not prepared to participate in the GP series and planned to skip it anyway, she most likely wasn't even training at her full capacity. What's the point trying to get in a peak form and risking yet another injury when you plan to skip the season to rest anyway? Sweatdrop I guess Miki just wanted to skate a "safe" program, but lost her timing because the LP was too new. Sad She was totally fine in the Gala.
This is why I questioned inviting Miki here - it's customary to invite the highest placing Japanese skater from the latest Worlds, but it's a bit silly to invite a skater who plans to skip season to rest. She could've been invited as a guest skater instead (like Yuzuru). Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Risa Shoji - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KcwsSKbW4
She landed 3S-3T! flower
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Z_d569fb26
Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:43 pm

polosatik wrote:
Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Z_d569fb26
Too sweet!
What a lovely portrait of ET! Japanese fans are very sweet. I notice from ET's fb album that they also prepared a giant flower arrangement to welcome ET's participation in JO!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Liza has a FB page? Didn't know that. flower
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for the black swan link Okami! I've been dying to see it! I was honestly a little disappointed. She skated it beautifully, and I LOVE the dress, but I wasn't crazy about the program. Not really enough going on it it for me. Maybe I would just really like to see it as a competitive program.

Now about Japan open: I'm a little confused. Jeff has been retired for a few years now. Is he coming back? And Joannie and Miki??... I was surprised to see them there too. Do you think it would be safe to assume we might be seeing them both at worlds?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Star85 wrote:
Now about Japan open: I'm a little confused. Jeff has been retired for a few years now. Is he coming back? And Joannie and Miki??... I was surprised to see them there too. Do you think it would be safe to assume we might be seeing them both at worlds?

Japan Open is a Pro-Am, which means that the teams can have both currently competing and retired skaters on the roster. Jeff and Joannie have already competed there after their retirement, so did Alexei Yagudin, Takeshi Honda and others. Smile

After the competition, Miki announced that she will take the entire season off, so she will not appear at Worlds, either. Sad
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Okami wrote:

This is why I questioned inviting Miki here - it's customary to invite the highest placing Japanese skater from the latest Worlds, but it's a bit silly to invite a skater who plans to skip season to rest. She could've been invited as a guest skater instead (like Yuzuru). Sweatdrop

Okami, they can't invite Yuzuru to replace Miki or he may need to in drag (I am kidding)
I think Japan Open is more like a carnival they give audience who they wanna see.
That is why Mao was always there.
Mao skipped Japan Open made them need to invite someone audience would like to see the new crown queen- Miki.
I think Mao is lucky that she can reject the invitation or something like that.
After watching Team Japan's performance, only Akiko is ready for competition since she didn't attend worlds and went to states for new program very early.
Miki did apologize on her twitter that she wants to deliver a new program to audience but fail.
Dai's schedule is totally delay due to he surgery.
Taka's crazy show schedule actually made Taka's fan worry. after JO, he said he can't catch up the music yet, he was chasing after the music. I saw he said "maa~maa" in kiss and cry...

If the competition is for EX, I think team Japan will win Smile
Since both of Miki and Taka have two EX ready and all their EX are so amazing.
we also saw Akiko and Dai's beautiful EX here.
But what is the best of Japan Open to me is I like to see the interactive between team members.
we see Miki took care of Mao last year. This year both Akiko and Miki were helping Taka and the scene was so cute.

Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 am

shikure wrote:
Okami wrote:

[size=11]Okami, they can't invite Yuzuru to replace Miki or he may need to in drag (I am kidding)

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
I meant that Yuzuru was invited as a guest skater, so he skated both during Japan Open and Carnival on Ive, although he was not on the Japanese Team. If Miki was also invited as a guest skater, the audience would still get to see World Champion twice, but Miki wouldn't be forced to prepare for a competition when she was planning to skip the season anyway. Sorry for the confusion. Sweatdrop It's mostly wishful thinking, of course...
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 am

Okami wrote:
shikure wrote:
Okami wrote:

[size=11]Okami, they can't invite Yuzuru to replace Miki or he may need to in drag (I am kidding)

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
I meant that Yuzuru was invited as a guest skater, so he skated both during Japan Open and Carnival on Ive, although he was not on the Japanese Team. If Miki was also invited as a guest skater, the audience would still get to see World Champion twice, but Miki wouldn't be forced to prepare for a competition when she was planning to skip the season anyway. Sorry for the confusion. Sweatdrop It's mostly wishful thinking, of course...

When I look again what you wrote now--->I totally got that in wrong way and that might be my imagination lol!
It's great that we still manage to have fun for such, sort of disaster competition Smile
I think JSF just can't find someone big enough for the event, even they can find someone who has turned pro like Takeshi Honda or Shizuka but they want to win~they still assign those first tier for JO.

Actually other skaters who have GP assignment can't participate.
Mao ~ unknown maybe want to keep away from any competition before NHK
Oda ~ recovery from injury

rest of them not big enough
Haruka ~recovery from injury and in states
Daisuke Murakami ~ schedule conflict and the one he participated with credit for ISU
Kanako ~schedule conflict and she changes her SP, she should be super busy Sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_6yAzX8ns Can someone tell me what's the name of the song starting from 1:50, I can't find it no in original soundtrack and no in the symphony version.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:56 pm

For everyone in the US, I finally found a non-geo blocked version of Florent's FS from the Japan Open on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbHq6e93nU.

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Alokya wrote:
For everyone in the US, I finally found a non-geo blocked version of Florent's FS from the Japan Open on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbHq6e93nU.

Humm... how can I say this... WTF is this shirt?! This looks like a male version of Miki's tiger dress! And that's not a compliment... Morozov is the king of recycling... Dai's poses, Miki's leftover fabric...

And while I like Florent well enough most of the time, can I reiterate how much I HATE Morozov? What's with all this posing? I did not like it last year and it seems like there's even more in this program. Yeah Flo's got attitude, it's different and he can dance, but I'd like to see some actual skating...

Gorgeous 4 sal though...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Okami wrote:
Star85 wrote:

Japan Open is a Pro-Am, which means that the teams can have both currently competing and retired skaters on the roster. Jeff and Joannie have already competed there after their retirement, so did Alexei Yagudin, Takeshi Honda and others. Smile

After the competition, Miki announced that she will take the entire season off, so she will not appear at Worlds, either. Sad

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew it wasn't one of the more prestigious competitions, but I didn't know it was actually pro-am. I didn't even know about this competition back when Alexei and Takeshi were in it. That was back before Mao, and when I was a figure skating fan, but not a hard core fan.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 pm

chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Humm... how can I say this... WTF is this shirt?! This looks like a male version of Miki's tiger dress! And that's not a compliment... Morozov is the king of recycling... Dai's poses, Miki's leftover fabric...

And while I like Florent well enough most of the time, can I reiterate how much I HATE Morozov? What's with all this posing? I did not like it last year and it seems like there's even more in this program. Yeah Flo's got attitude, it's different and he can dance, but I'd like to see some actual skating...

Gorgeous 4 sal though...

That was my initial reaction as well - what the HECK was Morozov thinking? At least with last year's program he skated well in addition to dancing. This one = almost no skating. I think that was really affecting his jumps... he couldn't get enough speed into a lot of them. Gah. I honestly hope that Morozov choreography doesn't ruin his chances at good placements because that would just be sad with a guy that has good technique and can be quite fast, but I could easily see it happening this year with this program.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:52 pm

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_6yAzX8ns Can someone tell me what's the name of the song starting from 1:50, I can't find it no in original soundtrack and no in the symphony version.
About 1:50 ~ 2:40 in Kozu's program, right? I hope I'm not wrong, but it still sounds like the midsection of the Nausicaa Requiem (more specifically, the part where the child vocal sings "Lan lalalalala la" repeatedly). Exclamation
With vocals: www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ka4J77RpU (1:12 onwards)
Without: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODWB9k66_k

I wish I knew which album the one Kozu has in his program is from, though. Fried
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2011   Japan Open 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2011
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next