Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Empty
PostSubject: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 pm

OK, so me and 6000 other crazy people are trying to break a Guiness record. Details here.
Basically, we are split in teams of 10 and each team tries to find / create as many of the items posted on a special list as possible, with help from friends, family and random passers-by.

I will draw a Mao picture (or make a montage / gif animation / wallpaper /anything you want Wink ) for anybody who can help!

I'm searching for the following items:

• A photo of a girl dressed as a ballerina, 10-years old or younger, standing on point in a tutu reading “Guns and Ammo.”

• A photo of a pressed dandelion flower (It's almost winter here where I live... No chance of finding a dandelion)

• A photo of 15 gallons of fresh soup (does anybody here work in a restaurant? Smile' )

• A fast food restaurant menu board (you know the thing behind and above the cashiers) with the letters rearranged to read “GISHWHES Combo $3.99”

• A photo of somebody holding a sign saying GISHWHES CROSSES FIRST on the Oyapock River Bridge.

• A school bus going through a car (or truck) wash.

• A photo of a flying kite in front of a Taiwanese wind farm.

• A single photo showing 3 subway maps from your city; one from current year, plus the previous 2 editions.

• A photo of somebody karate chopping the Bruce Lee statue in Hong Kong.

• Eight women each holding up one of the letters; G, I, S, H, W, H, E, S, to spell GISHWHES in front of a monument in the capital city of their country. Done!

• As you know, chewing gum is illegal in Singapore. But, if you are in a boat in the Port of Singapore, you can do whatever you want. Chew an entire pack of gum at once while on a boat with the Singapore skyline behind you. Take a photo!

The photos cannot be taken from the Internet, they must be taken by you or your friends.

If you can help, please mail me: okami@10g.pl Smile (And consider joining next year - GISHWHES is fun. flower )

Last edited by Okami on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Geesh, that's hard! I'm sorry, but I don't think I can get you photos of any of these things. Who the heck came up with this idea in the first place? You should post this on Facebook, so more people can see it.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:32 pm

CraZsk8r wrote:
Geesh, that's hard! I'm sorry, but I don't think I can get you photos of any of these things. Who the heck came up with this idea in the first place?
Misha Collins, the actor who played Castiel on Supernatural. Cool

You think those are hard? I picked the easiest ones out of those I'm not able to do at the moment! Hell, no! How about:
  • An image of the text of an Emily Dickenson poem projected on the hull of a navy ship at night. The ship must be at least as big as a destroyer.
  • A pink feather boa hanging out the window of the engine car of a moving, full-sized steam-powered locomotive.
  • A tent pitched in the middle of the backyard of the White House.
  • Decrypt Kryptos Part 4.
  • Find the 48th Mersenne prime.
  • A functioning gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater. Done... Sort of... Wink
  • Show video footage of Oprah reading a book that you wrote.
  • Show an actual Nobel Prize winner telling the joke, “Why did the chicken cross the road? …To get to the other side.” His or her Nobel Prize must be visible.
  • One person is holding an iPhone; the other is holding an Android. They are engaged in a heated debate about which phone is better. They are speaking in the nearly extinct language of Gottscheerish.
  • Fill hundreds of balloons with helium, tie them to a decorated Christmas tree and watch the tree float away. Tree must be a real pine tree (not faux) and must be at least 5 feet tall. The video must show the tree floating off and should be 40 seconds long. Done!

I'm going to go completely insane before this is over. Unconscious

Quote :
You should post this on Facebook, so more people can see it.
Sadly I created my FB account just for this hunt, and currently my only 'friends' are my teammates. Sweatdrop

Last edited by Okami on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Seriously, it is impossible to get pics of these things. How is this going to break a record, anyways?
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:55 pm

CraZsk8r wrote:
Seriously, it is impossible to get pics of these things.

Some of them are actually close to impossible. No mathematician has found the 48th Mersenne prime yet, nobody has been able to decrypt Kryptos Part 4...

Quote :
How is this going to break a record, anyways?

A required number of teams must participate and complete a certain amount of challenges (the Guinness Book officials have already been contacted).
It's looking good so far. Misha was hoping that enough people to form 500 teams consisting of 2 poeple each will sign up. Instead we have 621 teams, each consisting of 10 people. Unconscious That's about 6210 people currently going nuts. Wink

Here's a full list of items, in case anyone wants to have a good laugh:
http://greatestinternationalscavengerhunttheworldhaseverseen.com/list-of-items/
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Okami wrote:

Here's a full list of items, in case anyone wants to have a good laugh:
http://greatestinternationalscavengerhunttheworldhaseverseen.com/list-of-items/

Wow, some of the stuff is insane WOW! . Good luck with those chalenges. I'm really curious, how many of those you'll be able to complete Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Okami wrote:

[*]A photo of a flying kite in front of a Taiwanese wind farm.

Apparently, I am the Taiwanese here Smile I will check with my friends to see if anyone of them took this picture or I should ask my brother to do this during his honeymoon~ since his plan is travel around Taiwan from today ~hope we can have the luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 am

shikure wrote:
Okami wrote:

[*]A photo of a flying kite in front of a Taiwanese wind farm.

Apparently, I am the Taiwanese here Smile I will check with my friends to see if anyone of them took this picture or I should ask my brother to do this during his honeymoon~ since his plan is travel around Taiwan from today ~hope we can have the luck Smile

That would be awesome, shikure! cheers
I hope your brother will enjoy his honeymoon! flower
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:47 am

Two more that I could use help with:

• A person in a rowboat on the Yangtze wearing an “I love New York” T-shirt.

• Photo of an item dispensed from a Japanese vending machine that is neither food nor beverage nor consumer electronics nor a tobacco product. Both the dispensed item and the vending machine must be visible.

Meanwhile, I got sick while posing for a photo in an old basement at midnight while wearing only a tube top made of an authentic Soviet flag (well, that and pants Wink ). Unconscious
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:00 am

Okami wrote:

Meanwhile, I got sick while posing for a photo in an old basement at midnight while wearing only a tube top made of an authentic Soviet flag (well, that and pants Wink ). Unconscious

You sure are dedicated ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Okami wrote:

You sure are dedicated ROTFLMAO

And, sadly, that wasn't even the craziest thing I did recently, but I can't post the evidence until the hunt s over.

Oh, I missed one easy item: a cruel Canadian. Is there anybody from Canada to make a scary face on a photo? Wink Or maybe take a photo of their coach... Laugh

Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:56 am

Just bumping this thread... I have 1 day 13 hours left to go, the countdown can be viewed here: http://greatestinternationalscavengerhunttheworldhaseverseen.com/updates/

Any help with the items listed above (except for those I crossed out) still welcome! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 am

I am sorry that I can't help you on time.
Sounds like there are restriction around those wind farms and my friends never saw flying kite around those areas.
I even can't find a pic as sample for my friend or my brother by google!!!
my friends were looking for pics they took around wind farms but no flying kite Sad

pls let me know if you need any pics related to Taiwan in the future Smile if i have time then I can do that by myself ~ I think that will be easier since Taiwan is a small island Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:27 am

Quote :
Sounds like there are restriction around those wind farms and my friends never saw flying kite around those areas.

No problem, shikure! Thank you for trying. I guess it was one of those trollish items like pitching a tent in the backyard of the White House - impssible to do unless you are Barack Obama. Laugh

The hunt just ended - I'm just abut ready to die. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, though. I'll post some hilarious hunt stories after I get a day of sleep or so... Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)   Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some help needed - an international scavenger hunt :)
Page 1 of 1