Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JSF - Assignments for other international competitions

Go down 
+2
PochinkoPotanko
shikure
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Empty
PostSubject: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Announcement from yesterday and earlier today http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/figure/event.php
Bavarian Open (2/7~2/10) : Oda, Kento Nakamura, Yuki Nishino,
Challenge cup (2/21~2/24): Taka
Coupe du Printemps (3/22~3/24) : Machida, Riona Kato, Risa Shoji, Sei Kawahara
Gardena Spring Trophy (4/1~4/3): Taka , Haruka cheers Rin Hitaya
Triglav Trophy (4/3~4/7): Dice (Murakami), Akio Sasaki, Taichi & Marin (Honda), Miyabi Oba

most of ppl above were in GPS or JGPS this year... affraid

In additional to those international competition, following are ppl attending national competition (the one Taka and Mura participated last year)
Oda, kento, Kihara, Akko (Aichi), Yuki Nishino & Haruka (Tokyo), Muramoto sisters, Shion, keiji, Hino, Risa, Kako Tomotaki, Riona, Sei...looks like half of Nats Shocked

ETA: JSF also decided to send 2nd and 3rd ice dancers in Nats to 4cc...what they should do in first place..Orz
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Thank you for the info shikure! Bad idea!

I felt so sorry that alot of talented skaters at Nats weren't chosen for spots in 4CC or Worlds, although I do think they chose the right skaters to enter them.

But otoh, we'll get to see alot of Jpnse top skaters in coming B-intls up till the very end of the season! And I'm glad they included the Muramoto sisters for the national competition, too. They both have been getting better each season recently, but the Satsuki (the elder sister) will be retiring after this seaon. It would be nice to see her skate for one last time. Smile

But I'm not sure if they made the right choice to have Akiko enter that competition...she's been in 2 GPS, Finals, Nats, SOI and Jpn Super Challenge already so I'm worried she might get a bit tired by 4CC and Worlds. Sad

And personally I'm looking forward to seeing Miyabi perform again, as they didn't broadcast her well done FS at Nats...hoping someone would take a video on her performance and upload it on YT. Worship
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

shikure, thanks for the news.

Why is Akiko competing in national competition, when she's scheduled to compete at 4CC? I don't think that's the best idea.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 am

4CC will take place in japan (osaka) if I remember right,so i don't think it's going to make a big difference, since both competition will be in japan.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks! I'm happy that Riona Kato got an assignment, she skated too well to not be sent to junior worlds (I agree with the two who were chosen to compete there, it's a pity that Riona isn't going nonetheless).

National junior high and high school championships are coming up too. Because of the huge number of girls who will compete at the junior high championships, the short program will take two days. Shocked
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
4CC will take place in japan (osaka) if I remember right,so i don't think it's going to make a big difference, since both competition will be in japan.

But IMO, competing in another competition after SOI and other exhibition shows, could prove to much. Hopefully she won't be too tired and will have a kick ass competition at 4CC.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

But IMO, competing in another competition after SOI and other exhibition shows, could prove to much. Hopefully she won't be too tired and will have a kick ass competition at 4CC.

I have to agree with zarina on this. Jpn might not be a large country like the US or Russia, but Akiko will have to travel up to some degree to enter this competition. At the same time, I have never seen any skater entering 2 GPS, Finals, Nats, 4CC, Worlds and this minor national competition altogether in the same season. Even if Akiko herself was willing to enter, I'm not sure how the outcome will be...but maybe she wanted a chance to get her confidence back after missing the podium in Nats. If that's the case I will support her decision. But imagine if this were Mao; I think alot of us would be much more worried. Still, all I can do is hope that Akiko has enough stamina to go through all the coming competitions. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am

I'm also not too keen on Akiko entering another competition. She's already competed so much this season plus those shows. I don't want her to suffer burnout before the important competitions. But like Pochi, if she herself is willing to go she might want to try to perform her programs clean before 4CC. I hope she won't be stressed too much, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JSF - Assignments for other international competitions    JSF - Assignments for other international competitions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JSF - Assignments for other international competitions
Page 1 of 1