Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rate of change of Mao's jumps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sadistyi

sadistyi

Rate of change of Mao's jumps Empty
PostSubject: Rate of change of Mao's jumps   Rate of change of Mao's jumps Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 am

sorry I have a question which I know is very ridiculous, but i really don't know where/who to ask Crying or Very sad . What is the rate of change of the rotation speed of any of Mao's jumps? (like the speed of rotation at x seconds up into the air)I need it for a calculus project. I really want to put Mao into my project lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Rate of change of Mao's jumps   Rate of change of Mao's jumps Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 am

There is a program called 'Dartfish' which can help you analyze a video of a skater like Mao. I know you can measure the hang time [how long a skater stays in the air], but I'm not sure you can measure the speed of rotation. I think it's a different program altogether like when the Guiness people measured the speed of the fastest spinner.

An example of Dartfish video analysis can be found here: http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/brian-orser-samantha-cabiles-first-double-axel-combo-video-zhgRYHM7xXU-78315-4.html

Back to top Go down
sadistyi

sadistyi

PostSubject: Re: Rate of change of Mao's jumps   Rate of change of Mao's jumps Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Abdiel wrote:
There is a program called 'Dartfish' which can help you analyze a video of a skater like Mao. I know you can measure the hang time [how long a skater stays in the air], but I'm not sure you can measure the speed of rotation. I think it's a different program altogether like when the Guiness people measured the speed of the fastest spinner.

An example of Dartfish video analysis can be found here: http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/brian-orser-samantha-cabiles-first-double-axel-combo-video-zhgRYHM7xXU-78315-4.html

Thanks Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate of change of Mao's jumps   Rate of change of Mao's jumps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate of change of Mao's jumps
Page 1 of 1