Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds 2008

Go down 
+19
floskate
Muskoka Skater
maothebest
Okami
Mirai
plantclean
Popon
kawaiimao
tianrushui
Yumei
helen91
masofs
summervie
sunshine
MaoNinja
inskate
Admin
bibi
Oscilla
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:08 pm

tarasova hall of fame
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6SN_mHWvyqE

and many homevideos about the gala final practice!! So funny Razz
http://lavitainrosa.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 am

Caliblue wrote:
Summervie, thanks for making me laugh out loud with how you described the Russian commentators! What did they consider as "impossible" about Mao's performance? If you remember, could you share it with us?
Well. Rolling Eyes Sometimes it seems to me that in order to preserve so nice commentators, R-Eurosport freezes them after every Worlds and Euros until the next event (occasionally unfreezing for the Olympics and 4CC). Smile
What is funny, while they were exactly the ones who "introduced" Mao to me during one of the broadcasts around two and a half years ago ("...and not to forget about Mao Asada, the miracle-girl from Japan, who jumps 3A (WOW!) and beat Slutskaya at the GPF (WOW! WOW!)" - these words had really impressed me in a certain sense and stuck to my memory, so one day I went to Wikipedia to satisfy my curiosity...Wub), the first time they actually saw Mao (and also Yu-na) was during the last Worlds. Smile
So it was quite amusing back then, especially watching her FS (which, btw, I still can't believe she skated like she did Love Hearts). When Mao jumped her opening 3A, the younger commentator (he was commenting the FS alone) it seemed was utterly impessed (of course, he knew she could jump it, but still he couldn't believe it actually had happened just like that, in front of his eyes Smile). And then, when she was entering her next jump pass, 2A-3toe, it was something like: "Another triple Axel??!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! ...Mmm, no, just a double one". ROTFLMAO He was really impressed. Smile Then he was cheering for Mao during the rest of the the skate, after every jump somewhat expressively wishing her good landings ("Stand!" Rolling Eyes), one more time refused to believe his eyes when Mao did 3-2-2 with two loops in the final part of the program (he really couldn't believe it), and in the very end (when scores were announced) said something like: "Half of Japan probably cries this very moment... well, I almost do it myself". Too sweet! "Who else might skate like this?! Who else might jump 3Axel?.. Well, probably Miki Ando might jump..." Sweatdrop
That was quite amusing. )
Nice to see you here again, Caliblue! Thumbs up!
And like always thank you very much for the links, Oscilla, bibi and MaoNinja! flower
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:19 pm

so funny!! ROTFLMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHlVq_d7ky4
according to goldenskate:
Quote :
Yu na said in an interview: "While we were waiting for our doping test, we talked about a lot of things like Mao's trip to Korea for Four Continents and eating Korean food. When I said 아쉽다 (disappointed) during the press conference, Mao thought I said 맛있다 (tasty) and incredulously responded "oishii?" (tasty in Japanese) and we both cracked up." (the words for disappointed and tasty have similar sounds in Korean, so it's understandable that Mao heard wrong)"
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:24 am

bibi wrote:
tarasova hall of fame
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6SN_mHWvyqE
She called Dick Button "the best remarkable commentator of all times and nations". It seems they are quite a friends with Dick. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Quote :
Nice to see you here again, Caliblue! Thumbs up!
Thanks, Summervie! :bounce: While Mao was competing at 4CC, I was battling a -20 degree weather in Montreal. Unconscious
The Russian commentator sounds very enthusiastic about his job! That is very cool. I perhaps got to know Mao a teeny bit before you did. 2005 COC was the first time I saw her. Peter Carruthers introduced her as "everyone is talking about her!"

Quote :
Yu na said in an interview: "While we were waiting for our doping test, we talked about a lot of things like Mao's trip to Korea for Four Continents and eating Korean food. When I said 아쉽다 (disappointed) during the press conference, Mao thought I said 맛있다 (tasty) and incredulously responded "oishii?" (tasty in Japanese) and we both cracked up." (the words for disappointed and tasty have similar sounds in Korean, so it's understandable that Mao heard wrong)"
This is sooo funny! Thanks for the post, Bibi! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:17 pm

I uploaded a video about Mai on youtube but I don't really know what it is... I think she writes a letter to Mao to wish her good luck for the world championships:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDTxTC9ll1Y
could someone translate?
thanks
bibi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Caliblue wrote:
Thanks, Summervie! :bounce: While Mao was competing at 4CC, I was battling a -20 degree weather in Montreal. Unconscious
Where you in Montreal during the multiple snowstorms!? If you visited Montreal during these days, you are really lucky because here in Quebec city, it's a really special year, we've had more than 500 centimeters of snow! I don't know How many schools day I've missed because of snowstorms..maybe 5? That's a lot!! Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:52 am

bibi wrote:
I uploaded a video about Mai on youtube but I don't really know what it is... I think she writes a letter to Mao to wish her good luck for the world championships:
could someone translate?
thanks
bibi Very Happy

Here is my translation. It was difficult for me to translate as a lot of feeling type words... Mai is nice sister Very Happy

<Translation>

I will write a letter to my sister.
As World Championship is about to be held, I want to write a letter putting my feeling of ‘Ganbatte’
Last year I saw Mao’s tears of vexation. I want to see her tears of joy this year, so want her to put out everything that she practice everyday at Worlds.

-A letter to Mao from Mai –

Dear Mao

It has been long time since last time I wrote you a letter like this.
When you went to Junior World first time, I also wrote you a ‘Ganbatte’ letter and remember you brought that letter to Jr. World as a lucky charm.
Now the 2nd world championship for you is about to start.
I still remember last year’s clearly like a yesterday.
The wonderful skating that you were satisfied with and the guts pose…
I was watching you right by the rink and I was moved by your performance, that was the best performance I had ever seen, and my eyes were brimming with tears.
I believe that, if you can do the nice skating that you can be satisfied with, you will be able to achieve higher result than last year.
Don’t forget last year’s frustration and I want you to skate with all your strength and with your heart till the last second of your performance.
I am waiting your guts pose of joy and very bight Mao smile!

Your No.1 fan, Mai
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am

bibi wrote:
could someone translate?
thanks
bibi Very Happy

Awww that was sooo sweet!!! Too sweet!

Mao is so lucky to have a sister like Mai! Love
She is just as special as Mao is. I was touched. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 am

Thanks Yumei!
Wow! What an adorable letter! Mai is so nice! wow! Love
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:18 am

thanks so much for the translation yumei! mai is such a sweetheart!

and courtesy of yahhooskate from youtube these are links for mao's programs with espn commentary

Quote :
Hi! You can download here.
Mao's SP - ESPN ABC
http://www.filebank.co.jp/wblink/bbd2ead9705022575a1e3e4d6cc2a920

If you want Free program's file, Here it is.
Mao's FS - ESPN ABC
http://www.filebank.co.jp/wblink/885d007d50c305fc1496bfa490593644
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:49 pm

bibi wrote:
Where you in Montreal during the multiple snowstorms!? If you visited Montreal during these days, you are really lucky because here in Quebec city, it's a really special year, we've had more than 500 centimeters of snow! I don't know How many schools day I've missed because of snowstorms..maybe 5? That's a lot!! Shocked Very Happy
I managed to miss the snowstorms. It was actually raining the day I arrived, but the temperature dropped to -20 within a couple of days. I understand QC gets even colder than Montreal. Unconscious I was lucky not to lose my ears to frost bite! Anyway, I'm going back there in three weeks and expecting a warmer weather! sunny
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:00 am

Mai has the Heart of Gold!!!!

I admire her so much!

Take care, Caliblue! The place that I live is so warm that I cannot imagine such a cold wheather.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:00 am

today ESPN will be showing the worlds exhibitions Smile Although I'll have to wait for it to be posted since i'm in Canada. Can't wait Smile Woot!
Back to top Go down
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel
MaoNinja

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 am

I'm so busy with my work that I barely have time to visit the forum anymore Depressed Crying (hopefully, not for much longer), but I just found a nice vid that I wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1XcPl6jQC0

It's the ladies LP introduction from ESPN. Peggy, as always, praises Mao a lot (and I agree wih her that it looks like Mao becomes an instrument when she skates to Chopin!), and Uncle Dick, as always, is upset with CoP and whinks Mao should be in 1s after SP. Really funny moment at the end when Terry says he forgot to bring his stopwatch Too sweet! !
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Oscilla wrote:
I'm so busy with my work that I barely have time to visit the forum anymore Depressed Crying (hopefully, not for much longer), but I just found a nice vid that I wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1XcPl6jQC0

It's the ladies LP introduction from ESPN. Peggy, as always, praises Mao a lot (and I agree wih her that it looks like Mao becomes an instrument when she skates to Chopin!), and Uncle Dick, as always, is upset with CoP and whinks Mao should be in 1s after SP. Really funny moment at the end when Terry says he forgot to bring his stopwatch Too sweet! !

Thank you! Peggy looks so strongly engaged and so convinced here. I also really liked the "instrument" part! She always has such beautiful expressions to make. I also liked it when Peggy said at the last season's Worlds that while Yuna looks so cool and not much expressive during practices, she "blooms" beautifully in competitions. I think Peggy has a great appreciation of artistry. I could see how much she cherishes beautiful moments in her mind.

I also like the stopwatch comment! So funny!
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 pm

i was wondering if anybody knew where i could watch the espn commentary of the worlds gala. i just watched yu-na's with espn but i don't think anybody has uploaded mao's on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 pm

I haven't seen it yet! Snow However, if I find it before it's up on YT, I'll make sure to upload it ASAP. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 am

thanks so much oscilla! Wub
Back to top Go down
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel
MaoNinja

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you MaoNinja!

My favorite from older pictures (Rafael, Tarasova, and Mao). I love, love, love this picture

http://www.japanskates.com/photos/d_carmichael/2007/Dave/IMG_4460a.jpg
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:42 pm

This is the french commentary version:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GBBXB65YJQQ
I translated it because Pierre55 asked me, and it's really funny!...here is it:
0 :02 : Representing Japan, she’s the big favorite for this competition, Mao Asada. So, this young Japanese competitor who, to tell you a little story, is no other than Philippe Candeloro’s goddaughter on ice. Philippe, maybe you’ll explain us in what circumstances this beautiful association started. But for the moment, we are interested in the performance of this young girl who is today, the best skater of the world.
0:31: But between being the best figure skater in the world and winning the world title, there is sometime a little difference.
0:35: So, attention...she’ll try it, look if she’ll land this jump....Aaaaaaaaahhhhalalalalalallala
0:40: What happen??
0:45: This thing is the worst thing that can happen on a triple axel, because the take off edge is forward.
0:51: Olalala...she is totally destabilized, my god, the pressure of the young girls tonight!
0:57: That was an horrible fall. We have difficulty to get over it.... at the beginning of the program....
1:00: That was a big mistake on the entry edge.
1:04: Go!
1:05: Triple flip...triple toe!
1:07: That was way better!!!
1:13: We can’t say it was better because, in the triple axel she didn’t even jump into the air.
1:18: You’re totally right my dear Luc, you are always right!
1:24: Maybe she’ll attempt another triple axel later in the program!? I would love it, I would love to see Mao doing a wonderful triple axel.
1:30: This is the free program, so she can modify the choreography.
1:34: No, with the new system this isn’t that easy!
1:38: Anyway, she can try it...
1:42: ....triple lutz...
1:44: She is really recouping, that’s wonderful.
2:00: This Chopin’s fantasy Impromptu match her very well.
2:05: And everything can still happen
2:30: Triple loop...perfect
2:37: She scared us on this beginning of program but she recouped, she recouped very well and that is not easy at all when you underwent this kind of shock.
2:50: Ahalalala
2:57: I now feel that you’re more optimistic
3:00: She is so marvelous, this little Mao
3:04: This is the jump that she wanted to try into a triple at the beginning and she did it into a double.
3:18: This is (speaking of the take off edge) the only part of a triple axel that you can never master, this is why I always say that anybody can never tell me that they control the triple axel at 100% because we are never freedom of this kind of mistake.
3:29: This is the harder jump in technique and the more dangerous.
3:32: ... more capricious
3:36: This footwork is wonderful, w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l, it perfectly fits the music.
4:16: I can be proud to be her godfather, this is really like we do in family hahaha.
4:21: How did you met her Philippe?
4:25: In fact, She participated in one of her first show in Japan during the “Show des Champions” tour which I had exported from France to Japan. And this is when we created this little family alliance.
4:40: I wanted to support her because I saw her at 8am already doing a triple axel in training when she was only 12 years old.
4:48: This is the hour in which you were going to bed ahahaha...
4:54: so... Six triple jumps, she missed the triple axel of course, you saw it.
4:58: This is the only thing she missed.
5:00: Absolutely, apart from that, she did 2 triple-triple combinations, she is the only one to do that. She has everything... she is beautiful, flexible, she skates really fast, she is fast in the footwork but also in the spins. In my opinion, she has to beat Kostner.
5:16: Mao Asada, of Japan, Philippe’s goddaughter, world champion in a outstanding atmosphere. We are going on a little commercial break and we’ll be back, here, live, in Gutenberg.
Back to top Go down
analucia

analucia

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:11 pm

thanks for the translation, is very intersting and i love to Candeloro. I love you
Back to top Go down
Nana

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2008   Worlds 2008 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:21 am

Photos Love Hearts

SP
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5810496/big_5811356_0_460-690.JPG

Ladies SP press conference
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5793895_0_870-556.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5793897_0_639-680.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5797381_0_870-653.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5797382_0_510-680.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5797383_0_860-680.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5797426_0_853-680.jpg

FS
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5810497/big_5811299_0_460-690.jpg

Podium
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5810497/big_5811331_0_460-690.JPG
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5810497/big_5811312_0_460-690.JPG
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5810497/big_5811336_0_460-690.JPG
http://www.figureskating-online.com/mediapool/50/505569/images/Worlds_08_Hella/WM_2008_Siegerehrung_Damen_Offizielle.JPG

Ladies FS press conference
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5793906_0_870-599.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807242/big_5793907_0_870-606.jpg

EX
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5830520/big_5831245_0_460-690.JPG

Banquet
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807245/big_5807215_0_524-680.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/ci_5807245/big_5807322_0_545-680.jpg

Article Thumbs up!
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2008/JUNE/INDEX.PHP

Last edited by Nana on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:37 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down