Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What was the first Mao program you watched?

Go down 
+36
maofan93
MaoChan756
Ken Himura
Mao_Asada_sunrise
midnightfrostifyx
iceskatingfan
ballerinamao
zakkan
chelseamarie
BowbowDaijin
chiyori
Liffey
sofia
sweetdream
cera
kaarolcia
illani
dangerous_angel_face
Star85
NarumiAyane
sumin
roma
bellarina
coolmeia
MaoMaoRevolution
misokatsu
chapis
Maxgato
Batsuchan
chineseteacup
polosatik
floskate
helen91
inskate
bibi
Mirai
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

What was the first Mao program you watched? Empty
PostSubject: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:44 am

Mine was her LP for 2005 Junior Worlds. I totally fell in love with her after that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:01 am

Mirai wrote:
Mine was her LP for 2005 Junior Worlds. I totally fell in love with her after that. Very Happy
Same thing as you!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Japan Open 2006 - Nutcracker Wub

I couldn't believe my eyes! WOW!
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:24 pm

2005 Grand Prix Final SP on CBC, even though she was a year older than me i was thinking, omg how cute! and then i watched her FS. This was the first time i watched figure skating and that was it until i turned on the tv on my birthday (and what a treat it was) and saw her SP at skate america on ABC and i instantly remembered the name (and questioned whether it was her because she grew so tall!) . I knew nothing about figure skating, couldn't tell anything apart but after watching mao's programs i now know a lot! Now i'm obsessed Wub thank you mao!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:24 pm

helen91 wrote:
2005 Grand Prix Final SP on CBC, even though she was a year older than me i was thinking, omg how cute!
Same thing as me! She is 1 year older but I was thinking how cute! (but me it was the 2005 world junior as I said before) I she instantaneously became my role model because of her flow, her incredible technique but even if she was doing difficult element, all seemed sooo easy...that's why I like her so much, I'm a figure skater as her and she is about my age and I can look up at her and wish I can be like her ( ...someday... )
Back to top Go down
floskate

floskate

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:51 pm

LOL 2002/03 Japanese Nationals LP - yep I'm THAT old. Can't believe I've been watching Mao for so long already.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm

My first figure skating love was Irina Slutskaya Very Happy And then I knew that one little girl from Japan took first place over Irina I was suprised Neutral Since that time I tried to find the video of this girl, then I didn't have an internet! Finally I saw Mao's perfomance at the 2007 Worlds and fell in love with her skating! Many Hearts And know I want Irina's words to come true! Wub " I want to see this girl winning the Olympic Games!"
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:36 pm

My first Mao program was her LP from the 2008 Worlds, where she skated to Fantasie Impromptu and fell on the first triple axel. I remember being horrified by how HARD she fell on the ice and was so impressed when she got back up and completed an otherwise perfect program!
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
My first Mao program was her LP from the 2008 Worlds, where she skated to Fantasie Impromptu and fell on the first triple axel. I remember being horrified by how HARD she fell on the ice and was so impressed when she got back up and completed an otherwise perfect program!

I know, isn't she just inspiring? Many Hearts Like a true champ!

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:10 pm

The first Mao program I ever saw was her 2005 Grand Prix Final LP. I had no interest in figure skating up to then, and then I became a fan thanks to Mao.

But Mao's 2008 Worlds LP made me into an uber fan! What an amazing performance! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:53 am

Mirai wrote:

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Aww, thanks! Smile

Can't believe I didn't discover this place sooner. It's like a goldmine for Mao-chan fans!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Mao's LP from 2002 Nationals! cheers Although I watched it much later, I think in late 2006, because I wanted to see the oldest Mao programs first and then watch as she progressed... I thought it was totally amazing, and then of course I watched the more recent programs! Woot!

And nice to meet you, chineseteacup! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
Maxgato

Maxgato

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:31 pm

2002/03 Japanese Nationals LP
here's a pic...
http://www.maomaiasada.com/photos/thumbnail/jnjr02/1.html

This was even before Yuna Kim came onto the scene -by about half a year Question with her Snow Storm program...
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:04 am

GPF 2007 LP I love you
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:17 pm

inskate wrote:

And nice to meet you, chineseteacup! Daisies for you

Nice to meet you too, inskate!

People have "Mao's supporter" written above their avatars. Can someone tell me how this is done?
Back to top Go down
misokatsu

misokatsu

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

The first Mao program I remember seeing was the the 2005 Japan Nationals "Carmen" SP. It was very memorable for me as I had just arrived in Japan about to start school and saw it live on TV. I also lived in Nagoya so it was extra special Smile
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:18 am

Hmm...compared to everyone else, I haven't been watching Mao super long D:
Even though I have been going to figure skating shows ever since I was little, the first time I ever really watched a competitive skater was at the beginning of last summer, when Mao first peformed her "Por Una Cabeza." I think I became obssessed--no, infatuated--with that program! I must have watched it more than any figure skating program ever! >w<
So, I started to look up more on this Mao Asada...and it was like love at first sight! Something about her skating totally captured my imagination and I thought, "If I were to be a figure skater, I would skate just like Mao!"
I know Japanese decently from a young age, but I think listening to Japanese commentaries for Mao has also motivated me to become better at the language!
I also found really nice forums like this because of her xD
Mao has influenced me deeply, I think.
Mao Asada is really like my idol :3
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 pm

The first Mao program and also the 1st time I watch Mao is Carmen, SP at CoC where she wore the orange dress. The image from the that SP that stay in my head forever is the moment when she is playing with her hair. So CUTE. Just love that. She looks so Naive and CUTE.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 pm

I had always been a casual figure skating fan, and always watched the Olympics, but I'd never watched more than that until 2007 Worlds. I was flipping through the channels when I saw that it was on, and I saw Mao's LP and was just amazed beyond belief. That program got me hooked on not only Mao but also figure skating in general. That's why I'm doubly grateful to Mao, first for being such a wonderful skater/person/influence, and also for introducing me to the amazing sport that is figure skating. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 am

I'm a casual figure skating fan, too. I just look for news when Olympics is near. Figure skating isn't a popular sport here in my country. I doubt if many here knew what this sport is. The ice skating rinks are normally found in the capital only and none are of Olympic size until one was opened in 2006. It's a good sign. Very Happy

Before the 2006 Olympics I started searching for news and who are the favorites. There was a brief article on Mao that I read -- on how she isn't eligible and that she has the triple axel. I searched for some videos of her on Youtube and the very first one I was able to see was her 2005 GPF free skate where she won over Irina. I was amazed at how her triple axel looked so effortless. But more than that, it was her charming SMILE and the way she skated that captured my attention and I've been a fan ever since. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sumin

sumin

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:01 am

My favorite skater was Yuna Kim. I loved her choreography, Smile I was a little addicted at her LP " Miss Saigon". Her technical abilities just amazed me.
But when I saw Mao' s programs at World's 2008 I fell in love with her. Love Hearts Then her short program in 2008 at TEB made me imressed. I realized that Mao is not just a figure skater, but ballerina on the ice. sunny
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:00 am

I first saw Mao at Novice Nats in 2000. I was just 2 yo but Mao landing triples at age 10 made me want to become a skater. I was a gymnast before
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:09 pm

I first saw her at her first grand prix event in the 2005/2006 season. I don't remember which specific grand prix events she was in that season, so I guess I'm the only one on here so far who doesn't know exactly when I first saw her skate! It was her nutcracker program. I remembered thinking, "Gosh I like her as good as Sasha! Maybe even more!!" For a little while, they were tied as my favorites, but after I saw Mao skate a few more times, I had my mind made up that she had won me over!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 am

NarumiAyane, you're picutre is really funny Razz haha
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:25 pm

bibi wrote:
NarumiAyane, you're picutre is really funny Razz haha
I can't stop laughing every time I see it!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   What was the first Mao program you watched? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was the first Mao program you watched?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next