Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2014

Go down 
+4
zarinaballerina
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
l-spiralmao
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't agree with the placement of gracie

Last edited by ballerinamao on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Elena was awesome! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Liza! flower shame about her pops....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Okay, so we have an Elena-Liza-Gold podium....
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:54 pm

I like lizas costume and choreography this season
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Congrats to Lena!!!! She was tight, but thst's ok for the start of the season, Liza was just tired, this is her 4th competition. But still she did well))) Good job girls Love
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 pm

OMG, Lenushka! cheers   Dance   Love Hearts  It wasn't perfect, but it's a start of the season and the rink is smaller to what she's normally used to, she can only be better (and that's scary).

I'm over the moon for Liza. Dance  She looked a bit disapointed, but it's a great start, hopefully, she can make it to GPF. I wonder if she took on a bit too much competitions before SA, and the mistakes were the result of her being tired.

Gracie was way overscored IMO, I completely agree with Simon and Nicky.

Samantha...I don't really know. She can sell Carmen like no one could in a very long time, but it's a last year's program and I feel like it's the only thing she's good at. Having sexy,edgy programs. I wonder how she'd do with something lyrical. I'm glad though, that she's given up on 3F-3Lo in the LP, that was a stupid choice for SP, IMO. She's already very prone to UR's, and here she goes for not only one of the hardest combos, but also for a combo wich judges just LOVE to downgrade. Whirly What was her team thinking.

I love So-Youn, but she reminds me so much of Yuna. Maybe it's due to Wilson being her choreographer, but i hope she'll find her own style in the years to come.

Oh Mirai, I hope somehow, you'll be able to get rid of those UR's. I don't think she'll make it on the team this year.  No

polosatik wrote:

That's a big question who will win if both skate clean. Because even Lena's technical side of a program is harder, Liza has better jumps and I saw her live at Finlandia Trophy. Trust me, her jumps became even more huge then it was before. I love them both, but I really want Liza to win. She received so much hate after her failure last season. Depressed Crying It was heartbreaking to see. Lot of Russian"fans" suggested her to quit skating. Very Mad

What?! Um hello, she was injured! Haven't these idiots ever heard of a thing called growth spurt and all the troubles this brings with it, especially for female skaters?! Very Mad

I'm so glad to hear Liza's jumps improved (though they were great before as well). I'm a big fan of Liza's as well, but I have to admit, something about Lena just captivates me. She has such a star factor, I hope she'll survive puberty.

I hope Pogorilaya is going to kick some serious butt at Skate Canada and demolish the competition. Boogie Twisted Evil

Needles to say; I miss Mao so much!!! Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Don't we all.... who's going to be at SC besides Pogo?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 5:22 pm

polosatik wrote:
Yuko and Sasha were fabulous! I'm so happy for them,what a comeback! Mushy Love Good luck Lena and Liza!

Holy wow! WOW! Dance Love Hearts Swoon I've just seen their LP, it's a freaking masterpiece. Swoon Though the score...only 140. Disappointed I hope they're going to rock this season, and that the judges will keep it fair, the Oly's are over, no need to drastically overscore V/T. I hope so much Yuko/Sasha will be able to win Worlds.

Here's their LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8u0q5AXdc&app=desktop

This uploader has all the videos from SA and also many videos from other B internationals.

I-spiralmao wrote:
Don't we all.... who's going to be at SC besides Pogo?

Wagner, Leonova, Miyahara...
I've forgotten that Satoko will comete there, so I have to correct myself. I hope that Pogo and Miyahara will kick some major butt, and blow the competition out of water. Boogie
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm

I always find the various lists made by deep-edge net are very helpful  Smile

Skate Canada - Ladies

http://deep-edge.net/list.php?c=2&no=2

Whole GPS - Ladies

http://deep-edge.net/gps.php?c=2
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 5:26 am

^Thanks! Go HJ, Pogo, and Miyahara!
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 am

Not been a hater. But Liza has better jumps than Yuna KIM yet she doesn't get the exaggerated GOE Yuna used to get. Why? By the way I am only talking about Jumps, because I don't think Liza compares to Yuna in other aspects.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:28 am

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
Not been a hater. But Liza has better jumps than Yuna KIM yet she doesn't get the exaggerated GOE Yuna used to get. Why? By the way I am only talking about Jumps, because I don't think Liza compares to Yuna in other aspects.

IMO, because of politicking. People can talk about KSU being a small insignificant federation all they want, but Yuna's exaggerated GOE came from politicking, either from her federation/sponsors or from Orser camp.

Unfortunatly while Liza has fantastic jumps, so freacking clean, Love Hearts she lacks in other departments, so this is really hurting her score. But I completely agree with you, she should get higher GOE for her textbook jumps, especially if you compare them to Yuna's.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:46 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Tripleaxelqueen wrote:

IMO, because of politicking. People can talk about KSU being a small insignificant federation all they want, but Yuna's exaggerated GOE came from politicking, either from her federation/sponsors or from Orser camp.

Unfortunatly while Liza has fantastic jumps, so freacking clean, Love Hearts  she lacks in other departments, so this is really hurting her score. But I completely agree with you, she should get higher GOE for her textbook jumps, especially if you compare them to Yuna's.
I still believe that if Liza went clean whe would have win SA. I saw Liza live last season and this season and I can tell you a big difference. Last season she used only a small part of the rink and she was kind of slow bettwen her elements, now she use the whole rink and is really fast in her transitions between the elements. She couldn't do her biellman for years, now she is doing it quite well. We should remember how Liza was skating in her 15, puberty is not a fan thing. But what I love about Liza, she is improving and improving a lot. I can see her doing 3lz-3t and 3f-3t next season consistently. I know I may sound strange but I think Liza is a long run skater, while Lipnitskaya who has weak jump technique is a skater who will suffer a lot at this point. I don't like Lena's problems with her lutz and she is iffy on her other jumps, her legs became too long and it became harder to control them. I hope she will survive through puberty, because I see it getting closer Sad
About Liza not getting GOE she deserved- if she will be skating more consistent her GOE will rise up. Judges are blind and will open their eyes only if Liza will be hitting her every program in their face. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 am

polosatik wrote:

I still believe that if Liza went clean whe would have win SA. I saw Liza live last season and this season and I can tell you a big difference. Last season she used only a small part of the rink and she was kind of slow bettwen her elements, now she use the whole rink and is really fast in her transitions between the elements. She couldn't do her biellman for years, now she is doing it quite well. We should remember how Liza was skating in her 15, puberty is not a fan thing. But what I love about Liza, she is improving and improving a lot. I can see her doing 3lz-3t and 3f-3t next season consistently. I know I may sound strange but I think Liza is a long run skater, while Lipnitskaya who has weak jump technique is a skater who will suffer a lot at this point. I don't like Lena's problems with her lutz and she is iffy on her other jumps, her legs became too long and it became harder to control them. I hope she will survive through puberty, because I see it getting closer Sad  
About Liza not getting GOE she deserved- if she will be skating more consistent her GOE will rise up. Judges are blind and will open their eyes only if Liza will be hitting her every program in their face. Evil or Very Mad

I completely agree. I thought Julia is going to be having serious problems with her tiny jumps in the Oly season already, luckily for her, she pulled through, but in the long run...I don't see how her jumps can survive with added height. She can diet all she wants (heard some crazy stuff about her only drinking protein shakes or youghurt to keep her weight down, I hope this was exaggerated affraid ) but she won't be able to keep herself from growing taller.

I hope so much Lena will pull through. Is her technicque strong enough to survive puberty?

And I hope Liza will be able to add at least 3F-3T in her repertoir by the end of this year. I hate it how she's not rewarded enough because her combo is "easier". And I'm so happy for her and to see her improved so much. She's had a hellish few years, especially last one Depressed Crying , it's so great to see her keep going and becoming better and better. I hope she'll make it on the Euro and worlds team Worship . It sucks that there are only 3 spots available, but I can live with julia being left off the team.Razz Not that this is ever going to happen, so I'm affraid the fight for the 3rd spot will be between Liza and Elena and I want both of them to go. Depressed Crying Sad, Lonely

And for the next season, I hope Liza will have at least one program that isn't a tango, oriental or anything else in this direction. I want to see something new, like her love Story SP that she ditched a few seasons ago, or was that last year. scratch And this will sound so shallow, but I wish she'd wear a different type of costume. She has a great body, no need to hide it. I like her LP costume, but I wish she'd wore something different for Bolero.

And Lena, please survive puberty. Worship I adore this fire cracker so much. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2014    Skate America 2014  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2