Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2011

Go down 
+19
jkblues
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
chiyori
maowataiyo
skfan
Mao_Asada_sunrise
zarinaballerina
polosatik
babayaga
clovera
roma
purplemaze
europeanfan
shikure
josling
dangerous_angel_face
ballerinamao
Alokya
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 am

So, it's coming up in a couple of days in Ontario, California!! Thoughts on Taka, Dai, Alyssa, no Evan, etc?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 am

I think it will be interestig to see if dai has regained his good condition, and it will be a hard fight between him and taka i don't know who else will be articipating but t would be nice if any live stream would be postet since i am dying to see the gp, especially NHK when mao is going to participate....
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 am

I hope Haruka has recovered from her injury.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 pm

I can't wait for the Grand Prix Woot!
And btw for those of you in Europe: eurosport will broadcast some parts of all 7 Grand Prix events, yaaay! Confetti (well, at least in Germany, they plan to do so...)
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I assume Haruka is okay now and based on time she replied post, she is in DSC after Fantasy on Ice.
Actually there are some rumors about Haruka changed coach to Yuka team after FOI.
I received my 2011-2012 GPS guide book, Akiko and Haruka are only get one page each...everyone else gets two pages or more.
If she can fully recover from injury, I am really looking forward to see her 3Lz+3T and 2A+3T. then she can let JSF know that how stupid they are.

Dice has great 4S now and landed it in every competitions so far and hope he can get something this year.

Kozuka...I am sort of worried about his boots issue. but i think he will be okay based on his performance from last year. whatever happens, he will deliver at least stable performance.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 pm

http://www.universalsports.com/photos/galleryid=562502.html#2011+skate+america+backstage+thursday
Universal sports uploaded some pics of yesterday
This one is cute~he looks so young off ice Very Happy but you can totally feel that he is not in good shape...damn it
Skate America 2011 56251310

Last edited by shikure on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 am

josling wrote:

And btw for those of you in Europe: eurosport will broadcast some parts of all 7 Grand Prix events, yaaay! Confetti (well, at least in Germany, they plan to do so...)

In Poland either Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:45 pm

please guys when the competition beginns can you send the link to the life stream especially whe NHK beginns
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Not so certain if spoiler's allowed in this thread, but I just wanna cheer Taka chan on his SP , i am currently waching the CS Live broadcast of the mens sp on pay channel 556 Hikari terebi and Taka chan is up next, the last in the final group ~ 頑張って Taka chan !!! ☆\(^_^)/
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Taka-chan has to get that quad consistent. Men's SP just ended although I didn't watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 pm

purplemaze wrote:
Not so certain if spoiler's allowed in this thread, but I just wanna cheer Taka chan on his SP , i am currently waching the CS Live broadcast of the mens sp on pay channel 556 Hikari terebi and Taka chan is up next, the last in the final group ~ 頑張って Taka chan !!! ☆\(^_^)/
Of course it's allowed~ どんどん投稿してね!Wink

Kozu is clearly not at 100% yet and I was only paying half attention but was that failed quad attempt preceded by a walley? Jeeze. It's giving me memories of Mao's brackets Arrow 3A to be honest; I just hope he can get it stable soon (or change the preceding steps/choreography altogether) before it ends up being a complete dud. Lips sealed

Last edited by clovera on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Silly grammar mistake. x.x)
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:45 pm

I love Taka's short. I think it's one of the most interesting choreographically programs I've ever seen. So many changes in tempo, lots of little nuances to the music. Probably my love of jazz helps but still.
Also, on the Russian forum someone suggested that the colors of his costume could have been inspired by the album cover: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Urge
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:48 pm

clovera wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
Of course it's allowed~ どんどん投稿してね!Wink

Kozu is clearly not at 100% yet and I was only paying half attention but was that failed quad attempt preceded by a walley? Jeeze. It's giving me memories of Mao's brackets Arrow 3A to be honest; I just hope he can get it stable soon (or change the preceding steps/choreographer altogether) before it ends up being a complete dud. Lips sealed

Could it be Sato's strategy to decide on a plan in the beginning of the season and then follow it no matter what? I also thought that since he knew several days ago that he is not in a very good condition, why not exclude the quad from the short for this competition?
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/15/68/69/92/imag0711.jpg Skate America 2011 Imag0711 Im having such a hard time uploading the pics Ive taken awhile ago from my cp but here is one of Taka's : he added a difficult 'wallen' ( not sure of the spelling(--Wink ) before take off onto his quadruple toe-loop which put him unbalanced , he also put a hand on his rotated triple axel. But he got a very high score on the presentation and artistic components though (^_^)v . I apologize for the poor quality of the pic.. Our tv in my room is still analog type (^_^) thanks Clovera for the go call!!!(^。^)y-~

Last edited by purplemaze on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am

Scores http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2011/gpusa2011_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

http://t.co/qYNgK76h Taka's SP
Taka planted a wally before 4T and he landed it in FrOI
basically, he failed all jumps~UR and fall on 4T, unbalance 3A, then 3Lz+3T<
Skate America 2011 Spm11110
someone gave him 7.25 in SS--> hope the judge noticed himself / herself is the outlier and gives Taka something more reasonable tomorrow

https://youtu.be/JBFEqe6xoRI Dice's SP
Dice landed everything but low pcs

just heard about Haruka is sick...is there someone put a spell on jpn skaters?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:33 am

[quote="shikure"]Scores http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2011/gpusa2011_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

http://t.co/qYNgK76h Taka's SP
Taka planted a wally before 4T and he landed it in FrOI
basically, he failed all jumps~UR and fall on 4T, unbalance 3A, then 3Lz+3T<
[url=https://servimg.com/view/16558644/72][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/44/spm11110.jpg[/img][/url]
someone gave him 7.25 in SS--> hope the judge noticed himself / herself is the outlier and gives Taka something more reasonable tomorrow

https://youtu.be/JBFEqe6xoRI Dice's SP
Dice landed everything but low pcs

just heard about Haruka is sick..[b].is there someone put a spell on jpn skaters?[/b]
[/quote]

lol i totally agree it really seems strange to have both daisuke, kazuka, and miki beeig in such a bad condition... now this just makes me more excitet to see mao...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/sprsumm#p/u Here you can watch Men's Sp and Dance SD flower
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 am

Davis/White rocked that short dance... I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off that well.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Alokya wrote:
Davis/White rocked that short dance... I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off that well.
yes! Davis and White were just fabulous! Thumbs up! the mens free is up now. Armin, Dennis Teng, then Amodio not necessarily in that order for the 2nd to the last group . . . Warm- up is up on my screen. I 'm nervous for Kozuka ; Murakami Daisuke ; and Armin pale Good Luck Boys!!! cheers ☆ Amodio is struggling total score 187.60 , Armin is next!

Last edited by purplemaze on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:37 pm

A bit sad for Armin Sad he messed up quite a lot of precious jumps, but I like his Kill Bill program and even his coach, Priscilla matched the renowned 'black plus yellow stripe costume'. Dennis Teng wasnt able to contain his jumps in the last 2 minutes of his program. 残念です!(⌒0⌒)/~~ last group is up warmin up , current leader is still American Douglas Razino with still 6 leaders to skate. Kozuka looks so stern in warm up, 頑張ってください!\(^o^)/
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 pm

That was honestly an absolutely pathetic men's program. I'm blaming the fact that the programs were less than 24 hours apart and that the rink isn't Olympic standard width. Gah. I hope Taka does better later on the Grand Prix...
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:58 pm

I love Kozuka's Nausicca free! The music and the skating skills of Taka chan matched perfectly. I love you He made misses on his 4T and didn't land it, and surprisingly fell also on his 1st Lutz. But he managed to put together the rest after that. Though i think he was distracted after that first 2 jump misses. Coach Sato was caught saying to Taka chan at the K&C that it seemed his ankles are stiff and lacking in smoothness, hmmm I hope Kozu's alright and wasnt hurt. He surely is not yet 100 percent, though Congrats for his bronze!!! Good start enough for his next assignment which I hope he nails perfectly. Kozuka got a total of 212.09 points and the gold went to Brezina- leader since the short, 216 plus points with no quadruple in his program. Veteran Belgian skater Kevin Van Derperen got the silver, with a very beautiful 4T on his 1st jump. His and Kozuka's points were so close. . .

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

purplemaze wrote:
I love Kozuka's Nausicca free! The music and the skating skills of Taka chan matched perfectly. I love you He made misses on his 4T and didn't land it, and surprisingly fell also on his 1st Lutz. But he managed to put together the rest after that. Though i think he was distracted after that first 2 jump misses. Coach Sato was caught saying to Taka chan at the K&C that it seemed his ankles are stiff and lacking in smoothness, hmmm I hope Kozu's alright and wasnt hurt. He surely is not yet 100 percent, though Congrats for his bronze!!! Good start enough for his next assignment which I hope he nails perfectly. Kozuka got a total of 212.09 points and the gold went to Brezina- leader since the short, 216 plus points with no quadruple in his program. Veteran Belgian skater Kevin Van Derperen got the silver, with a very beautiful 4T on his 1st jump. His and Kozuka's points were so close. . .

I agree - I really love Taka's program. Given more time it will look absolutely FANTASTIC. I think he is getting a little more comfortable with the choreography - you could tell that he didn't really feel it at the Japan Open, but even with the mistakes here, I think he sold it better. He will dominate once he gets that quad in hand - I just hope it's sooner rather than later. He won the bronze because of his impeccable form, but there will be no question of winning after he gets that quad. I'm glad he's continuing to do it, though, even though he isn't completely comfortable with it. Overall, though, the men's programs were just awful to watch. Taka's was pretty much the exception to that.

On another note - Die Fledermaus is now my favorite free dance from Davis/White. Wow. That was amazing.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Alokya wrote:
purplemaze wrote:

I agree - I really love Taka's program. Given more time it will look absolutely FANTASTIC. I think he is getting a little more comfortable with the choreography - you could tell that he didn't really feel it at the Japan Open, but even with the mistakes here, I think he sold it better. He will dominate once he gets that quad in hand - I just hope it's sooner rather than later. He won the bronze because of his impeccable form, but there will be no question of winning after he gets that quad. I'm glad he's continuing to do it, though, even though he isn't completely comfortable with it. Overall, though, the men's programs were just awful to watch. Taka's was pretty much the exception to that.

On another note - Die Fledermaus is now my favorite free dance from Davis/White. Wow. That was amazing.

This is my favourite program of his! And he expresses the music so well with his movements. I watched it live on british eurosport and the comentator (can't remember his name) couldn't stop praising him. I would have put Taka ahead of Kevin, since Kevin looked really slow (at least on my tv screen).

As for Davies/White- WOW, that was really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skate America 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2011
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next