Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Junior Championships 2015

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

World Junior Championships 2015 Empty
PostSubject: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi everyone!

I rarely watch junior competitions, but after attending the GPF junior events and being totally impressed by some of these young talents, I've decided to follow junior worlds this year.

I'm officially a fan of Shoma. Although he was not at his best in the LP, he is so classy and sophisticated! Having watched him live at JGP I can tell you: he is head and shoulders above the rest of the field in PCS, no doubt about that. Judges seem to like him too, and I have nothing against that Hell, no! I'm a little worried about his small jumps, though....hope he gains a little more power to jump higher.

The ladies event was great! I love Wakaba's power and determination. Very athletic type, maybe too much, but with the correct training and choreography, I think she will become a great, great skater. Sima has weird jumping technique, but is very elegant and can really interpret...I really like her style. As for Zhenya, call me whatever you want but I'm not crazy about her. Her jumps are OK but nothing extraordinary, and although she has good presentation I'm not particularly moved by her performances. She's young, and definitely a big talent, but just not my cup of tea.

Pairs event was enjoyable too, especially the Chinese and Canadians (sorry, I'm not used to their names, yet). Junior Ice dance is, for me, the least interesting event of all, basically because dance is a more "mature" discipline, but Yanovskaya / Mozgov were quite spectacular. Great style, good speed and incredibly mature for a junior event. Good job!

Have any of you watched the competition? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:54 pm

I watched it, and really enjoyed a lot of what I saw! Which events did you go to, Iceriver?
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding...I didn't go to this Championships, just watched them on TV. I referred to the Junior GPF in December when talking about watching Shoma live, I attended that competition and it was awesome!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 pm

I found the JGPF awesome from watching it online as well. Smile. I wonder who from this event's going up to seniors next year...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 am

I've only managed to watch the ladies so far, I'll catch up on the men during the weekend.

While I haven't seen Shoma at Jr worlds yet, I completely agree with you Iceriver, this young man is simply amazing in the PCS, he's like the 2nd Dai. I worry about his jumps too though. Isn't he coached by Yamada? I'm sure she's a great coach but both Mao and Kanako are strugling with threir jump technique pale  I really hope he won't follow suit.

Like you, I don't really get all the Zhenya love. She's great don't get me wrong, but 59 in PCS? IMO, heck no. And speaking of PCS, no way does Wakaba deserve such a low score compared to Zhenya. Her SS are to die for.
And is it just me, or is Zhenya really skinny? pale I know she's growing and all, but compare to others she's very thin.

I also fell in love with Elizabet Turzynbaeva from Kazakhstan. I love her skating and interpretation. Love

And speaking of the ladies, I hope Zhenya and Sima will tone down their Tano jumps. They are very hard and impressive, but after doing all the jumps in this way it gets boring and to me, annoying. I'd prefer to see interesting transitions in and out of jumps instead. But this is only my preference.

I don't follow junior pairs and Ice dance, so I cant really comment on them.

I know this is junior worlds topic, but I can't wait for senior worlds next week!  cheers  Go Liza and Lena! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Junior Championships 2015   World Junior Championships 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Junior Championships 2015
Page 1 of 1