Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!

Go down 
+10
BelieveInMaoself
Samurai Mao
COHK
europeanfan
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
zarinaballerina
shar
l-spiralmao
roma
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 2:33 pm

I know Mao wrote the following words for her Jupiter performance in Japanese intending them for something more important than skating. But in terms of Mao's competitions at the 4CC's and Worlds, I hope they will help Mao regain her mental and physical strength after enduring a difficult time:

'As long as life lasts, keep hope in the heart. Let a light shine toward the future.' Thanks to perdita for the translation.

I am optimistic that light will shine for Mao in her upcoming competitions. The most important thing for me is to see her with a bright, smiling face after her performances.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 am

In news just in past couple of hours: Mao will skip 4CC and the remaining entry will go to Kanako

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASJ1H5R64J1HUTQP01G.html

The news reports that Mao just wants to concentrate on preparing for WC. According to Coach Sato, Mao hardly got proper rest after Jpn Nationals, hence cumulation of fatigue.

Kind of disappointed that Mao won't be at 4CC, but I also support full rest so she can come back to her top form.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:22 am

To follow up on the skipping of 4CC, saw this from local newspaper posted on twitter:

真央四大陸欠場 佐藤信夫コーチ 「私のところで今週から練習を始めましたが、体が重いということで練習量も軽めにし、いまはジャンプなんかもやってません」

Coach Sato: (Mao) just resumed training with me this week, since (she) felt on the heavier side of the body, she's taking the light amount of training without jumps right now (NB: the news in from Jan 15, and in the quote Coach Sato didn't explain why she felt on the heavier side of the body, could be fatigue or due to other reasons.)
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks for the translation, CONK. What does on the heavier side of the body mean? I really hope everything with Mao's health is alright. But, didn't Mao take a couple of weeks off after Nationals in 2013 to recover from a back injury? Besides, she just skated a couple of programs a week ago. So, maybe she is taking a similar course of action, since she ended her 2013 -2014 season so successfully and Mao's performance in this last Nationals LP was actually better than Mao's in 2013.   

Thanks a lot to rosewood for posting this translation of Mao's and Mai's conversation on the night of Mao's Madame Butterfly freeskate at Nationals.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde....95911/page-21 #619
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:49 pm

I just found this website (http://thejudgestable.weebly.com/the-judges.html) with the very recent opinion of judges announcing the most grossly underscored performance of the last 5 years across all disciplines (women's, men's, pairs and ice dance). Mao's Sochi LP is mentioned as the most grossly underscored performance by 6 different active judges. This is double the number of any other performance or skater.

I think this hammers home the point that Mao is often underscored just as she was in Madame Butterfly this season at the Japan Open, the China Cup SP and Nationals LP in comparison to other skaters' scores this season. Scoring precedents are often set at the Olympics and Worlds and the inflation and deflation is carried into subsequent competitions as history repeats itself in 2010 and 2014.  This is the mechanism for score manipulation.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Here is a translation of the commercial that Mao made with Mai for Stona cold relief medicine. Thanks to Pamigena for the post. But, I don't think taking off and putting on another nose is the safest way to get rid of the effects of a cold. Smile

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/137819934118/flapper-dai-maimao-stona-cm-episode12

I found this really emotionally uplifting video wishing Mao the Best at Worlds by showing her Cup of China SP followed by the best parts through the season of her LP starting with the gorgeous Cup of China triple axel, then smoothly editing the best parts through the season into one magnificent performance. The effect was really dramatic and so beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgxvHfQkRU
Back to top Go down
Samurai Mao

Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:55 pm

The ice is cold and barren. Where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 6:53 am

Today, February 20th, is the second anniversary of my all time favorite skating performance: Mao's Sochi LP. The hardships of life redeemed in 4 minutes time and more priceless to me than a diamond mine. A performance that displayed the full depth of expression in Mao's genuine soul, as she reached her athletic peak and moved a mountain of emotions in so many around the globe.

The great American writer, William Faulkner, who shares Mao's birthday on September 25th wrote this:

The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life,..... and hold it fixed so that a hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again since it is life.”

100 years (and many more) from now people will continue to view this performance as a timeless embodiment of fortitude with Mao rising up as the Phoenix to express the true essence of beauty and consummate artistry with the bittersweet mix of redemption as the special ingredient that gives it such a compelling human element. Thank you Mao for giving me a chance to see your incredible achievement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fA9o2sBis
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 6:55 am

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:10 am

I hope Patrick’s win over rising skaters at 4CC makes Mao feel encouraged!

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Mao10
https://twitter.com/PhotobySaya

Many Hearts
https://vine.co/v/ivZnXHhz90h
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 9:13 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
I hope Patrick’s win over rising skaters at 4CC makes Mao feel encouraged!

Also Mirai. She arguably won that competition, but even a silver is the highest she has ever finished in that event, and the last medal was half a decade ago.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:09 am

You can see a glimpse of yesterday's Mao.
They are celebrating Kumiko Sato’s 70th birthday. Very Happy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFl0HmMq-n/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFl78Fsq-2/
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks for the photos silenceisgolden.

Thanks to SamSkwatch at goldenskate for this enlightening jumpatron of Mao, Julia, Rika, Alissa (I think) and Satoko. Though I like Mao much more, Satoko is graceful and artistic, but here is evidence that the tech judges are missing ur calls on Satoko. By comparison, Mao's 3F / 3L, which was at the 1/4 turn and should have been called good in the Cup of China SP, has a lot more rotation.  Satoko's backend 3lutz / 3 toe in the short only has 2 rotations in the air if you look at the jumatron. Though I like Mao's skating much more, Satoko skated well and should be commended for her grace and artistry, but I don't like her jumps and she is received complete tech exemption in the 4CC's in both the SP and LP despite obvious ur's. In addition to the flat trajectory  which minimizes the wobble of the skate on hooked landings, Satoko also has a deep knee bend which further reduces the indication of hooks, not to mention her low body weight. This in addition to well over 180 degrees of pre-rotation: 270 degrees is the estimate in the video. One poster even mentioned that judges may begin looking at pre-rotation more closely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wELSA51fWM&feature=youtu.be

Here is SamSkwatch's anaylsis of the jumps:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54356-Slow-Motion-Jump-Editing-(AKA-Sam-s-Jump-a-ma-tron)&p=1380211&viewfull=1#post1380211  post number 466

This link has many posts discussing Satoko's tech calls and GOE at the 4CC's, which many posters felt were overlooked and inflated.  

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58423-2016-Four-Continents-Ladies-Free-Skate/page65

My issue is with the judges, tech crew and now I am thinking the JSF because Satoko was scored much more generously than Mao at Nationals especially in LP, as I wrote about earlier. But, Satoko's tiny, heavily pre-rotated jumps receiving relatively high GOE and no tech calls really irritates me considering the harsh calls and low GOE Mao has historically received for much more impressive jumps. The good news is that many others agree on the thread above. I really sympathize for Mao. I expect the ISU to play these kind of inflation games, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with as long as Mao is still competing especially with Satoko on the same team. I no longer believe in the scores anymore. In fact, it seems shock inflation for a chosen skater is the technique the ISU and JSF now uses to try and get people to watch with Satoko and Evgenia being the main ones this season.  

Satoko did not receive one tech call in the SP or LP and even got +1.4 twice on both of her 2A / 3T combos in the long. I liked Mirai's jumps better, but they had lower GOE. First, a big scoring advantage for Satoko compared to Mao in the Nationals LP and now almost equaling Mao's Sochi LP score with a higher tech score of over 74 and an overall score (214) close to Mao's deflated 216 at Worlds 2014. This is totally absurd! I hope Mao realizes that she is better than this and that she keeps her mental strength. I think this is obviously unjust to get such huge tech scores for such small jumps with such heavy pre-rotation and missing edge calls. 12 points in GOE while Mao only had 7 points in GOE in the Sochi LP and this is after deductions in BV for two bogus urs. There are so many ways to manipulate the scores. Satoko looks to me like she uses a lot of the inside blade taking off on her triple flip, while Mao only uses her toe pick. I just felt something should be said. Mao has never gotten this kind of advantageous scoring or backing from the JSF or ISU.

I am still optimistic Mao can skate great at Worlds. I still hope she is scored fairly and that everyone else is too.

Last edited by WowMao on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Here is another video by Sam Skwatch I really like: Mao's journey this season with the triple lutz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCkHbrOyUO4
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:23 pm

ince Mao has given me the greatest the performances I have ever seen and it is near the anniversary of my very favorite, the Sochi LP, I feel like I should try to defend her deflated scores in light of all the comments made since yesterday.

First of all, I think Satoko has nice skating skills and artistry. I also think she handles pressure well, but I like Mao's skating, artistry and expression much better. I think Satoko's jumps though consistent are lacking a lot in quality to receive the scores she is getting, especially since jumps are by far the largest part of tech scores and since she is not getting the tech calls and lower GOE she should get. Satoko's received a huge tech score of 74 + for tiny jumps with no ur or edge calls, +1.4 GOE on two 2A / 3T combos, and a very high 12 points in GOE on the 2nd anniversary of Mao's Sochi LP, even though Mao's LP had around 4 points more in base score. This is after deductions in the base for what I think are bogus ur calls on Mao's 3F / 3L and 2A / 3T, especially considering the generous calls given in the final flight. Satoko's LP at 4CCs was given almost an identical score to Mao's Sochi LP which had only 7 points in GOE, even though Mao jumps have greater height and distance, more balletic flow and expression in and out with better posture and more symmetrical air position. This is what my eyes see in reality but it contradicts the scores that are given to Mao regularly not only in the Sochi LP and my friends agree.

Regarding the tech calls on Satoko at 4CC's, most of the jumpst I saw took off with 270 degrees or a little less in pre-rotation. So, if the landings were even at 90 degrees they should be ur in my opinion, which a lot of them were. The 2nd 3T in the backend 2A / 3T has right at or just slightly over 2 rotations with a visible wobble of in the skate on slow mo replay but still received no call and +1.4 GOE. By contrast, Mao's backend 2A /3T at Nationals with a much bigger and better rotated double axel received a ur call and negative GOE even though it has over 2 1/4 rotations and much more height, symmetrical rotation, erect posture on landing. The ur calls should and GOE should be reversed.

I also think there should have been an edge call on Satoko's flip in both the SP and LP, as there was in the Grand Prix Final SP, or at least a ur call in the SP and LP. In the LP, there is about 240 degrees of pre-rotation and the landing is close to 90 degrees. On both flips, Satoko turned while most of her inside edge was in contact with the ice on take off during the 3F in both the SP and LP. By contrast, Mao's triple flips only have the inside edge picking the ice on take off with considerably less pre-rotation. Furthermore, I think Satoko should have gotten a ur call on her backend 3T in the short on the 3 lutz / 3 T combo in the SP, as others have mentioned. Slow motion replay shows that there were only 2 rotations in the air at most on this jump, yet it was still counted good, Also, when Satoko takes off on the triple lutz, she turns and picks into the ice at the same time (instead of picking and then turning in the air) with quite a bit of inside skating blade in contact with the ice so the total rotation and edge seems very questionable as well. In the LP, the backend 2A / 3T is pre-rotated almost 270 degrees and the landing As someone mentioned on the 4CC thread, I think it is wrong not to count obvious pre-rotation if edges are supposed to be so heavily scrutinized, though they haven't been on the 3F for Satoko at the 4CC and Nationals or for Evgenia on her triple lutz all season or Gracie on her triple flip until the 4CC's, while Mao got called on a triple lutz edge in the Cup of China SP and had costly pops trying to get a clean edge. It was only when she had a completely clean inside toe pick at Nationals that she finally got a very clean triple lutz edge and jump but was given a mere +.4 GOE.

Finally in the 4CC's, I believe the opening 3Lutz / 2 loop / 2 toe in Satoko's long should have had a ur call on the second double, since I saw a significant hook on landing. Satoko seemed to skip through one of the doubles like she did at Nationals where it received a ur, but it wasn't called at 4CC's. I also believe Satoko should have had much lower GOE on her jumps. If Mao's highest GOE on any jump at Nationals was only +.9 GOE and her highest GOE on any jump in the Sochi LP was only +.8 GOE with two bogus ur calls in my view, then Satoko's peak GOE of +1.4 GOE at 4CC's should be exchanged with Mao's at least, though to me Satoko's should be even lower due to the heavy pre-rotation and lack of height and distance. As I mentioned in another thread, I also consider it unjust that Mao got only a level 3 in step sequence and Satoko level 4, as well as the stingy GOE Mao got on her spins compared to Satoko at Nationals and the 4CC's. Mao clearly has the best skating skills and has often been praised as an outstanding dancer and prima ballerina by dance instructors and almost always receives level 4 on steps. Furthermore, there was a double standard in ur calls at Nationals with Mao receiving a very strict ur call on her 2A / 3T which began with a huge double axel and finished with a very close to or borderline 3T, while what looked like a ur on Satoko's second triple lutz was overlooked even though Satoko received higher GOE on both her triple lutzes than Mao's mere +.4 GOE, with an edge and rotation that didn't look as clean due to reasons mentioned above. The total rotation on Mao's backend 3T in the 2A / 3T actually appears to be slightly more than Satoko's but Mao has far less pre-rotation, yet Satoko does not receive ur calls on this combo. I think it makes no sense that a jump is given a ur even though it has the same or more total rotation than another skater who does not get one because the rotation takes place in what is deemed as the "right" arc of the circle in rotation, especially when Mao's triple toe is more impressive in terms of height, symmetry, posture, flow and erect landing, in my opinion.

Note: Mao's maintains erect posture with little bending of the legs when completing the 2A / 3T which greatly heightens the aestheticism of her trip toe jump.

As far as the consistency argument goes, first of all it is not supposed to be rewarded especially by overly lenient tech calls because COP was instituted to give skaters the scores they actually earn for each separate performance. Furthermore, I think it is obvious that a more visually impressive jump with greater height and distance greatly increases the risk of falling and makes it more difficult to be consistent. Also, does this mean that heavily pre-rotated, borderline or overlooked urs or edge calls or jumps with a lot less height height and distance should consistently be given respectable GOE for some select skaters, while others with borderline or even very good jumps with more height, distance, flow and more symmetrical air position are "consistently" given ur's or given the same or less GOE? It happened to Mao's best jumps at Nationals compared to all of Satoko's jumps, where Mao's overall jump GOE on her best jumps was no better than Satoko's and worse if you include the double standard ur call on Mao's 2A / 3T. Also, As Meoima has already mentioned in the 4CC's thread, Mao had 3 ur calls in her Worlds 2014 LP with two of the jumping passes, the 3 A and 3F / 3L, receiving the highest GOE of all her jumps, +1.6 and +1.2 GOE respectively, before the bogus ur calls caused her to lose 7 points on those two jumping passes alone. Yet, that season Mao was the first skater to earn over 200 points 3 competitions in a row, including winning the Grand Prix Final, and had just skated two of the greatest performances ever, the Sochi LP and her world record Nocturne. So lack of "consistency" had nothing to do with the bogus ur calls. Regularizing the heavily deflated Sochi LP scores so that they appeared legitimate seems much more plausible.

Should a returning 3 time world champion in her first skate back after winning the championship receive a PCS score of under 70 and a score of only 141 with a triple axel and 7 triples for what in my view is still the best freeskate of the season when her last PCS score in competition was 72.7 in the Worlds 2014 LP? Now the score almost seems "low". Is this drop due to "inconsistency"? But what isn't low is Mao's view count on youtube. Mao's LP at the Japan Open has the most views of any other women's freeskate on youtube this season, even after many copies have been deleted, just as her underscored SP at the Cup of China has far, far move views; and her Sochi LP has a video with over 2.6 million views for a poor small screen copy.

But why is Evgenia, a skater first year out of Juniors, though quite good, getting PCS scores much higher than Mao's in the Japan Open? And if consistency is indeed so important to scores, then why did Ashley Wagner, though having a good skate in the Grand Prix Final LP, also get a much higher PCS score than Mao in the Japan Open after doing poorly in the short at the Grand Prix Final and in the NHK overall? I do not believe that both Evgenia's and Ashley's scores should have equaled Mao's all time high PCS score and I think they should have been considerably lower than Mao's PCS score at the Japan Open, which they both were until this season.

I feel the extra scrutiny that Mao has been under adds a lot of extra stress especially since she had recurrent illnesses and was returning from a year break with other top skaters around her receiving huge increases in PCS scores, more lenient tech calls and more generous GOE,which has contributed to her inconsistency and stress level this season. Basically, it is fundamentally unjust scoring by both the ISU and JSF in Nationals.. I wish Mao the best at Worlds and hope very much that she is scored fairly and that she skates great, but I am not holding my breath that she will be scored fairly. She has already done far more than enough. I just want her to skate for herself.

Last edited by WowMao on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Thanks to rosewood for the following information: Mao's show THE ICE 2016 has been officially announced. rosewood says that the official theme is a “10th anniversary party!”

Official site: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/index.html
SNS: https://twitter.com/ctveventkawa?lang=ja

Osaka show:
Date: July 30(2 shows), 31
Place: Osaka Central Gymnasium

Nagoya show:
Date: August 5, 6, 7
Place: Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

(A couple of stops can be added later)

Cast so far:
Mao Asada, Mai Asada
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 am

Thanks again to rosewood for posting the following information.

Here is a recent photo of Mao. She looks healthier and happier and beautiful as usual.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12749958_684298558340245_773489117_n.jpg

rosewood also said that last year's show (THE ICE 2015) donated 5,967,496 yen (52,370 $ at today's rate) to Support Our Kids which supports children who were victims of the 3.11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-mao-cheer-thread-2-her-beauty-is-her-biggest-weapon.95911/page-22 post number 654
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 3:05 am

Thank you for a lot of information, WowMao!

Another event, Stars on Ice Japan tour is scheduled for

Apr. 9 and 10 … Osaka
Apr. 12 and 13 … Nagoya
Apr. 15, 16 and 17 … Tokyo
http://figureskate-soi.com/

And Mao will participate in Tokyo Show ONLY.
I guess this is a good sign for us because she will be busy for
preparing programs around that time?

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Cccfhw10
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks to rosewood for this post! Stephane Lambiel wants everyone to guess who he is inviting to Switzerland for Ice Legends:

https://www.facebook.com/TheIceLegends/videos/vb.314221908735780/589320361225932/?type=2&theater

A child prodigy who developed into an amazing artist. A world champion who, for the first time ever, landed two triple Axels in a program. A living legend who will leave everyone in Geneva speechless. ‪#‎GuessWho‬‪#‎IL16

So, it sounds like Mao is likely going there to skate.

https://stephanelambiel.com/
It looks like it will be on April 22.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 1:26 pm

I was really upset today to find that Mao's Sochi LP with Tarasova commentary and almost 2.7 million views has been removed by the IOC. The quality of the picture was not that great, but it was just a perfect symbol of Mao's timeless performance because it was full of such beautiful tributes and I will admit a lot of impassioned criticism of the scores. I posted there so many times. Other skaters LP performances were released by the IOC in HD. I think the other skaters had nice performances, but Mao's was by far my favorite and also deserved an HD release by the IOC. It was taken down just after Mao announced that she was skating at Ice Legends and would not be eligible to skate at the Team Challenger Cup. What a lot of nerve! The ISU and JSF deflate Mao's scores and inflate other skaters and then expect her to compete at all the events because she brings in so many fans.  

I also felt upset when Mao's Sochi LP video with over 1 million views featuring a very emotional Mai was taken down because reading the tributes there also made me feel like I was reliving the epic grandeur and wonderful roller coaster of emotions in Mao's performance. Her performance is the reason I joined this forum. There are still a lot of versions left, but these versions were extra special.

Here are some super HD photos to help remember:

http://d1udmfvw0p7cd2.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/p16-jack-b-20140319.jpg

http://www.sinaimg.cn/dy/slidenews/2_img/2014_08/53064_1189391_238601.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/xadifbikx/

http://postimg.org/image/q8rr22o05/

http://postimg.org/image/gmuetr4at/

http://postimg.org/image/3x3yltvcz/

http://postimg.org/image/bwkl1o8op/

http://www.glamour.com/images/entertainment/2014/02/mao-asada-2-main.jpg

http://homepage1.nifty.com/muneuchi/essay/yomaigoto/mao.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2014/02/13/composites/d86500f9217d8afcf713da434df6e8d4c7b0c8ed/mao-asada-3A-ai2html_180.jpg

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/Wires/Images/2014-02-20/Reuters/2014-02-20T171330Z_01_OLYB046_RTRIDSP_3_OLYMPICS-FIGURESKATING.jpg&w=1484

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-conte...a-20131107.jpg

http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/42/1f/2243d29df3b1221ad40c34b603062ae6.jpg

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/i/streams/2014/February/140220/2D11705964-today-mao-asada-140220-tease.jpg

https://nbcolympictalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/maoasada.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg9FzhQCUAAEol9.jpg:large

http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/...b603062ae6.jp

http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/42/1f/2243d29df3b1221ad40c34b603062ae6.jpg

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/i/streams/2014/February/140220/2D11705964-today-mao-asada-140220-tease.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NtvPNVa_vrU/maxresdefault.jpg

And here are a sample of all the wonderful tweets that Mao got for her Rach II performance as the most tweeted athlete at Sochi.

http://seen.co/event/the-sochi-2014-winter-olympics---feb.-20-sochi-russia-2014-5567/highlight/3174

My wish for Mao is that she will have two programs this incredibly beautiful at Worlds. She deserves it.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:25 am

Inside Skating@insideskating  
Mao Asada's presence at @TheIceLegends, a gift a figure skating fan simply can’t say No to:
http://bit.ly/1RddBBi

"Add here Stéphane’s utter joy and appreciation, easily traceable in his short video,
“One of the most incredible skater from our generation, the movement with her is always very fluid…”,
but also in his tweet in Japanese, “まさか本当に彼女が来てくれるなんて、信じられません![I can’t believe she’s coming!],
and you’ll understand the burst of enthusiasm among the figure skating fans, when realizing Mao Asada is too among
the guests of Ice Legends. “OMG! Mao Asada!”, “Maochan!”, “Oh my, this is Mao Asada, of course”, “Wow, Mao!”, “Mao Asada!
The cast of this show is just… amazing! I’m speechless!”, “Daisuke and Mao on the same ice for a show in Europe?
The fandom would probably explode with joy”.
True words: Ice Legends is the first show attended by Mao Asada in Europe – and a wonderful opportunity to see
this amazing skater other than in competitions. She is indeed one of the most medaled female figure skater
in the history of the sport, a highly recognized athlete in Japan and all over the world – 2010 Olympic silver medalist,
a three-time World champion, a three-time Four Continents champion, a four-time Grand Prix Final champion,
to name just a few… – but with Mao Asada it’s not just about the results. It is, first and foremost, about emotions.
Hers – and ours, when watching her glide over the ice. It is as if she was born to skate, Mao Asada, and her presence
at this year’s edition of Ice Legends, a gift a figure skating fan simply can’t say No to."

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Iceleg10
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 8:28 am

Bei Mir Bistu Shein by Mao and Nobu at SOI Osaka backstage  Laugh

https://twitter.com/nobutaro1001
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:36 am

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Cf1t_k10
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Well Mao won the court of public opinion unanimously in the the Worlds freeskate, so I am confident she can also give the greatest performance at the next Olympics, whatever the judges say. There is a big backlash against the judging because of Mao's results since it is the most viewed and most beloved performance, almost 300,000 views in English over double Evgenia as I have said. Many people have commented on how Mao's triple axel was rotated, others have pointed out the backend triple toe was also rotated and Mao's backend triple toe was definitely more rotated with more revolutions in the air than Satoko's. Mao's take off on the triple toe is also at less than 180 degrees of pre-rotation as well.They even dared to give Mao an overly harsh e call (should have been a ! at most) on her double lutz when Evgenia's obvious triple flutz was counted good with huge GOE and Satoko's lip was ignored I don't know about Gracie's lip. Another reason they are meaningless is because the ISU does not look at take off and landing when determining rotation.  The reason ur and edge calls are a double standard is because certain skaters like Mao are singled out for inspection while others like Evgenia, Satoko, Elena and Gracie usually get a free pass.  A good triple jump should have 2 1/4 rotations or more: approximately 180 degrees of pre-rotation and 90 degrees short of full rotation, but anywhere along the arc of revolution should be acceptable because the goal is to rotate the jump, not to cheat it at the right part of the arc. Both of Mao's overly harsh ur triples flip and toe had 2 1/4 rotations (and more for the triple toe) from what I saw and her triple axel started with a diagonal take off at less than 180 degrees. The irony is that some triples counted good actually have less than 2 1/4 rotations for favored skaters because of excessive pre-rotation of more than 180 degrees up to 270 degrees that is ignored as in Satoko's case, which is the most obvious, but Evgenia pre-rotates more than 180 as well. This doesn't even include the GOE inflation of the preferred skaters, for example Ashley received a higher score on her double axel than Mao did on her nice triple axel. Is this a scoring system that measures effort, beauty in jumps and athletic achievement? It is clear now that the true intention of the anonymous and discriminatory tech system set in place after Salt Lake City corruption is to more easily manipulate results by hiding the identity of the judges and providing an illusion of empirical truth through nit picky tech calls that pick on certain unfavored skaters. Besides, it provide a second line of defense if the judges don't get the results "right" for the favored skaters or if they get the scores "wrong" for the unfavored skaters. I know the scoring is fixed because the bogus tech calls for Mao and tech inflation and exemption, especially for Satoko and Evgenia, who both had obvious urs and edge calls ignored, is consistent with the corrupt scoring in PCS. And the ISU's own history of scoring can be used to reveal it.

In the Worlds 2016 LP, Mao has over twice as many views on youtube as Evgenia's LP and a much higher like to dislike ratio, yet Mao has a PCS score in the LP that is over 3 points lower than Evgenia's even though Evgenia's peak PCS score her last season was 14 points lower than Mao's peak score coming into this season. Mao's Worlds LP has 4 times as many views on youtube as Ashley Wagner's most watched LP video and Mao's also a much higher like to dislike ratio, yet Ashley was given over 4.5 points higher PCS in the LP than Mao, even though Ashley's peak PCS score last season was almost 8 points lower than Mao's peak score her last season. If the ISU is going to manipulate statistics so that a complete flip flop happens in PCS scores, scoring in which they completely and massively contradict their earlier scoring, then why not fall back on public opinion as displayed on the internet instead of succumbing to their fraud? This method may not be perfect, but it has a much larger sampling than the judging pool, there is no incentive for viewers to fabricate their opinion as the judges and tech panel obviously have, and the sport itself relies on drawing in viewers to support it; and in the case of Mao's Worlds 2016 LP and in her Sochi LP performances, the viewers by watching her performance much more are reasserting Mao's leading position in PCS which was true in ISU scoring before the manipulation began anyway. Objectively speaking, it is obvious that Mao has superior skating skills compared to Ashley and Evgenia anyway.

Corruption hides in the dark crevices of the mind, in anonymity like the judges, where it digs in deep and eats away at the truth. Thriving on silence, its infects the conscience with half acceptance, as it seems easier to be lured into delusion because there is the false veneer of legitimacy from a specious authority. The scoring fraud against Mao must be revealed and expressed to the public, otherwise it will be believed which is consistent with what the ISU has schemed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!   Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2015-2016 Season!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next